Herm's Comments On Curtis

Maxman

From Yesterdays Press Conference:

On if it is a source of pride for the team to get Curtis Martin 1,000 yards?

Well, I think it's something that obviously historically would be a good mark, not only for this football team but for Curtis Martin. I think he's a guy that's well deserving of that. And the fact of what he's done for the league and how he's gone about his career in the league. He's really kind of been a poster child of a true professional, that really is a team

Rich Cimini today-

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/story/369925p-314712c.html

What a complete and monumental waste of time. This franchise should try to find out what they ahve in Cedric Houston-period.Jimmy Johnson's right-Martin is done. And as to the "he's playing on one leg" stuff-then why is Martin playing at all?

Sayeth the Warrior-ME, ME ME!

And as to the "he's playing on one leg" stuff-then why is Martin playing at all?

Because getting Curt his 1K yds is all this 2-9 team has to play for now. Maybe you should take a course on reading comprehension.

We have a RB on the roster who's 22 who was a feature back at Tennessee. Instead of an empty hollow and pointless individual record, how about for once finding out for this organization's sake over the next 5 weeks if Cedric Houston can be an NFL feature back? He's not the talent that Reggie Bush is. But if you find out that he can do the job coming into 2006, that would be more important for this TEAM that some bullsh!t individaul goal. I guess you were among those who celebrated long into the night when Art Monk broke Largent's record during the Kotite Error. Yippee! Let's have an NFL farewell tour!

Remember-Franco Harris finished with the Seahawks, Emmitt Smith with the Cards.Running backs at martin's age either suck or are retired. And Martin's been the former all year.

Curtis has always been a class act and I would not be surprised if he offers to give Houston more carries just like he did with Lamont. Of course it falls on deaf ears with Herm but it is by no means the kind of player Curtis is to play just for an individual record.

We have a RB on the roster who's 22 who was a feature back at Tennessee. Instead of an empty hollow and pointless individual record, how about for once finding out for this organization's sake over the next 5 weeks if Cedric Houston can be an NFL feature back? He's not the talent that Reggie Bush is. But if you find out that he can do the job coming into 2006, that would be more important for this TEAM that some bullsh!t individaul goal. I guess you were among those who celebrated long into the night when Art Monk broke Largent's record during the Kotite Error. Yippee! Let's have an NFL farewell tour!

Remember-Franco Harris finished with the Seahawks, Emmitt Smith with the Cards.Running backs at martin's age either suck or are retired. And Martin's been the former all year.

Define "suck."

This is another reason why our franchise is the laughing stock of the league

Putting meaningless individual stats over the teams goals.

CM is in HOF if he dies tomorrow. Getting 1000 yds means squat anyway, it is not an accurate barometer anymore for 16 game schedule.

I am beginning to think that Herm is one of the worst coaches!

I repeat!!! a Hall miracle kick, a miracle Pennington year with a New England miracle win, and an overacheiving defense got the jets into 3 playoffs...

We have won in SPITE of this moron..

Parcells:6-3 with ray lucas...

Herm 2-9

This is another reason why our franchise is the laughing stock of the league

Putting meaningless individual stats over the teams goals.

CM is in HOF if he dies tomorrow. Getting 1000 yds means squat anyway, it is not an accurate barometer anymore for 16 game schedule.

i disagree - this record can become a source of pride for the team in an otherwise miserable season. it would be nice to get houston some carries along the way but as long as cmart isn't the starter openning day 2006 i don't care how many carries he gets the rest of the way.

Archived