Why I will miss the Occupies

SenorGato

Tears:

IRL Trolls:

Marijuana:

potleaf3.gif

The invention of the Anti-Rape Tent:

womens-tent.jpg?w=420&h=316

Rich people who have a name brand amongst the people finding a way to profit from it:

occupy-all-streets.jpg

The hypocricy:

corp.jpg

That's not even a good one...Homeless people and assholes basically got to shop in a temporary five finger Apple store.

What else...plenty more crying...pretentious activities like group meditating during the middle of the day in a crowded, occupied park located in multiple cities..23 year old girl pimping out 16 year old girl (which is just f'n hilarious in itself)...What else?

What will you miss as these things start falling apart?

If you want...What's the next step? Maybe organize some literature? Perhaps go underground? Can that even happen anymore?

true true

for those that missed it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJD8pZiRIzs

Yeah, been saying similar for years. I fight this war every single day on the homefront with my kids/wife, maybe I'm just a misogynist, but I 100% believe this is due to the rise of divorce and kind of transition from a patriarchal society where men dominated to one in which women are more domineering. Numerous studies I've read have shown that the exact tendencies he described are what mothers nurture, whereas fathers try and make kids stand on their own two feet and suffer consequences. And yeah, some good stuff has come out of society becoming more sensitive, for sure, but I don't think it works long term. Only have to observe nature to see there's winners and losers are part of the natural order. I honestly look at America as being in the begginning of the end, people have no sense of history and think our place globally is permanent, but empires do rise and fall..

Yeah, been saying similar for years. I fight this war every single day on the homefront with my kids/wife, maybe I'm just a misogynist, but I 100% believe this is due to the rise of divorce and kind of transition from a patriarchal society where men dominated to one in which women are more domineering. Numerous studies I've read have shown that the exact tendencies he described are what mothers nurture, whereas fathers try and make kids stand on their own two feet and suffer consequences. And yeah, some good stuff has come out of society becoming more sensitive, for sure, but I don't think it works long term. Only have to observe nature to see there's winners and losers are part of the natural order. I honestly look at America as being in the begginning of the end, people have no sense of history and think our place globally is permanent, but empires do rise and fall..

Good post. Not sure about the effect of a more female-dominated household. Traditionally, women have been the child-rearers while men were off at work. The rest of it seems pretty solid to me though. And I don't knock grass-roots movements per-se. They have been part of the fabric of American society since the country's earliest history from fighting the British for autonomy to the anti-slavery movement to Women's suffrage, to equal rights, etc. The difference here is that the OWS and Tea-party movements have been embraced by people who have not educated themselves on history, economy, or real politics. Tea Partiers and OWS have based their movements on "I hate those guys so I'm going to throw a tantrum" rather than making strides to overcome a specific and well-defined set of issues. OWS in particular is guilty of this. They could be demontrating their disgust over a lack of opportunity for the underpriviledged or lack of governmental oversight of coporate greed that lead to and economic downfall of banks and....well I can stop there. Because most of the Occupiers wouldn't know WTF I was saying. Pathetic. As you said...history repeats itself and empires become corrupt and eventually collapse.

Good post. Not sure about the effect of a more female-dominated household. Traditionally, women have been the child-rearers while men were off at work. The rest of it seems pretty solid to me though. And I don't knock grass-roots movements per-se. They have been part of the fabric of American society since the country's earliest history from fighting the British for autonomy to the anti-slavery movement to Women's suffrage, to equal rights, etc. The difference here is that the OWS and Tea-party movements have been embraced by people who have not educated themselves on history, economy, or real politics. Tea Partiers and OWS have based their movements on "I hate those guys so I'm going to throw a tantrum" rather than making strides to overcome a specific and well-defined set of issues. OWS in particular is guilty of this. They could be demontrating their disgust over a lack of opportunity for the underpriviledged or lack of governmental oversight of coporate greed that lead to and economic downfall of banks and....well I can stop there. Because most of the Occupiers wouldn't know WTF I was saying. Pathetic. As you said...history repeats itself and empires become corrupt and eventually collapse.

I dunno, I obviously only have limited exposure but people i grew up with and others I have spoken to we're under much tighter control pre divorce, mom's would tell dad's on children, and he'd get home and dish out of the punishment.. Also could be mom's feeling bad for kids post divorce and giving more leeway. In my house, my wife gives them the answer right away if they struggle a bit, and excuses away abhorrent behavior pretty easily by blaming someone else. Both dangerous things to have kids get in the habit of, exact traits of the OWS'ers. I make them work on it until they get the answer and take responsibility for their actions. This coincides with articles I've read backed by studies. Now it seems that even in houses where the father is present, he's more like a mother anyway, if only by the effects of peer pressure.Try being tough on your kids in front of a group of women, it doesn't go over well whereas I can distinctly remember as a kid the peer pressure used to be to control your children.

Also being in business and working with these kids now, it's amazing to me how high thier expectations are with a complete absence of a willingness to work for it. I've got where i am cause I worked 60+hrs a week from the time I was 17 till early 30's. Paid a lot of dues, now they clock out a 5pm and expect a promotion every 6 months or they get disgruntled.. really sucky (not to mention the amount of time wasted ******* off on the internet)

The difference here is that the OWS and Tea-party movements have been embraced by people who have not educated themselves on history, economy, or real politics. Tea Partiers and OWS have based their movements on "I hate those guys so I'm going to throw a tantrum" rather than making strides to overcome a specific and well-defined set of issues. OWS in particular is guilty of this.

It's a similar mobilization of attention, but the TP has made excellent use of institutions in such a short amount of time for a minority within a partisan entity. Didn't happen overnight though. It'll be interesting to see if anything happens with OWS from a policy standpoint about a year from now. At the very least, the fact that a large scale, international series of protests was coordinated and lacked any real sense of centralization or hierarchy is fascinating.

The Hand Out Generation. No work, all pay, not my fault, I'm entitled, be caring as long as you take care of me first. This Country is going down the sh*tter.

I just want to go around and punch all these free loading faggots in the face.

I honestly hate what this country has become. Hate it.

I just want to go around and punch all these free loading faggots in the face.

I honestly hate what this country has become. Hate it.

this

Honestly it's a big reason why my marriage is such sh*t, I simply refuse to raise my kids to be like this, whereas it seems to be my wife's goal.. She thinks loving them is making them happy now, I think loving them is preparing them to succeed in the world ...

The Hand Out Generation. No work, all pay, not my fault, I'm entitled, be caring as long as you take care of me first. This Country is going down the sh*tter.

I agree with everything you said up until the bolded.

Our society works in cycles, and each new cycle has peaks and valleys that lead ultimately to the beginning of a new cycle. Each new generation course corrects the previous generation. The perception of "our country going down the sh*tter" has always been there throughout each generation, and the cycles of social trends they endure.

Personally, I think we're on the brink of a social shift, which will fix some things and make other things worse... as is always the case. Hypocrisy, laziness, narcissism and such, are all traits of PEOPLE. Right now our society affords the people in our country built in excuses to act on these negative traits, however they are hardly exclusive to the United States. The next generation of Americans will likely recoil from the over-investment in these qualities of the "hand out generation" and course correct to some degree... while exhibiting their own new flaws to then be corrected by the next generation after them. One of the biggest signs I'm seeing of this is the philosophical shift in thinking about parenting. Its a lot like CTM described his marriage. I think an overwhelming amount of parents enabled the situation we are now mired in... but you are seeing many parents now, recoil and shift their thinking to move away from enabling this "hand out" mentality.

We are mankind. We'll never get it perfect, we are flawed in that way. However, a bunch of hypocrites sitting around for a cause that they can barely articulate when put on the spot... is hardly a new thing (its been going on in this country for 200 years)... and its hardly representative of the fall of our great nation. In fact, if American falls... it won't be because of the hippies... it'll be because of the financial bullsh*t that the hippies are crying about, yet incapable of providing solutions to.

this Honestly it's a big reason why my marriage is such sh*t, I simply refuse to raise my kids to be like this, whereas it seems to be my wife's goal.. She thinks loving them is making them happy now, I think loving them is preparing them to succeed in the world ...

I'm in your camp.

this

Honestly it's a big reason why my marriage is such sh*t, I simply refuse to raise my kids to be like this, whereas it seems to be my wife's goal.. She thinks loving them is making them happy now, I think loving them is preparing them to succeed in the world ...

My wife and I don't agree on much, but we both work toward challenging our kids, and teaching them responsibility equally. The most frustrating thing is that my kids often feel victimized by this since their friends are coddled beyond belief. My son got straight A's and A+'s and I told him we'd go out to the diner for a meal and a dessert to celebrate his accomplishment. He told us that one of his friend's was rewarded with money and another got a laptop for grades that weren't as good as his. I told him that good grades were a reward for hard work, and that celebrtating his success was a family matter, not a selfish one, as we all worked toward helping him succeed. He didn't push it and thanked me for the dinner. Another kid on the football team I coached was being paid to play by his dad. The kid didn't want to play any more because practice was "too hard". So his dad paid him and his mom complained to the staff that we were too hard on the kids.

My wife and I don't agree on much, but we both work toward challenging our kids, and teaching them responsibility equally. The most frustrating thing is that my kids often feel victimized by this since their friends are coddled beyond belief. My son got straight A's and A+'s and I told him we'd go out to the diner for a meal and a dessert to celebrate his accomplishment. He told us that one of his friend's was rewarded with money and another got a laptop for grades that weren't as good as his. I told him that good grades were a reward for hard work, and that celebrtating his success was a family matter, not a selfish one, as we all worked toward helping him succeed. He didn't push it and thanked me for the dinner. Another kid on the football team I coached was being paid to play by his dad. The kid didn't want to play any more because practice was "too hard". So his dad paid him and his mom complained to the staff that we were too hard on the kids.

yeah, you are lucky then. My wife is a complete coddler. So I'll usually take a hard stance, kid will complain, and wife supports kid over me in front of kid -> war ensues after kid leaves

this

I break my kids balls constantly. I figure if they can deal with me they can deal with anyone. Spend tons of time with your kids but don;t baby them/. The world isn;t going to baby them and neither should you.

have been wondering if I could sell them the info I have on the guy who brought down lehman bros, and was named #3 responsible crook in the '08 meltdown

then I realized very few of them would know who that is or why it's significant.....

My favorite one was when they complained about how people couldn't eat because the evil corporations had 99% of the money and then they bitched on television about homeless people eating the food that was being provided for OWS. I guess the homeless are part of the 1%.

Did they shoot this video themselves on one of their corporate cameras, upload it to their Mac, and send it out? Was the person smoking a cigarette? Those REBELS!

One of my accomplishments in college (15yrs ago) was critical thinking 101, and the ability to detect a weak straw man argument.

If the movement only represents young adults under 25 whose parents gave them fake trophies and never accomplished anything, then his rant is epic. Is that truly the ONLY group to identify with the movement?

One of my accomplishments in college (15yrs ago) was critical thinking 101, and the ability to detect a weak straw man argument.

If the movement only represents young adults under 25 whose parents gave them fake trophies and never accomplished anything, then his rant is epic. Is that truly the ONLY group to identify with the movement?

No, but it's just a scientific fact that no one likes these douchey rich hipster kids who came up with a really hacky way of getting back at their parents for their personal sh*t.

Easily the best video in that one is the 2nd one with the IRL troll trolling those attempting to troll because of the above.

This Country is going down the sh*tter.

alot of people say this

i wonder if these people have ever lived in another country

especially a 2nd or 3rd world country

im not talking about a 5 day 4 night vacation, i mean live there and deal with the day to day of what that's like

long story short we take alot of things for granted

whether people are protesting or not, or whoever is in charge of the White house,

it's still the best country in the world. Don't crap all over it cause some dickbag sleeps in a park

alot of people say this

i wonder if these people have ever lived in another country

especially a 2nd or 3rd world country

im not talking about a 5 day 4 night vacation, i mean live there and deal with the day to day of what that's like

long story short we take alot of things for granted

whether people are protesting or not, or whoever is in charge of the White house,

it's still the best country in the world. Don't crap all over it cause some dickbag sleeps in a park

Love my Country and yes, I beleive it's the best place in the world.....and I do not want it to change! The constant coddling and excuse making is going to have some serious repercussions in the future. You want it? Work for it. It should not be handed to you simply because you breathe.

Love my Country and yes, I beleive it's the best place in the world.....and I do not want it to change! The constant coddling and excuse making is going to have some serious repercussions in the future. You want it? Work for it. It should not be handed to you simply because you breathe.

=D>

Archived