Why I will miss the Occupies

SenorGato

Love my Country and yes, I beleive it's the best place in the world.....and I do not want it to change! The constant coddling and excuse making is going to have some serious repercussions in the future. You want it? Work for it. It should not be handed to you simply because you breathe.

And those goddamn Mexicans, too!

And those goddamn Mexicans, too!

....need 'em. Somebody has to mow the lawn. ;)

The occupies of Boston are getting the boot soon. Ah, wish I could be there to witness the removal of the stinky lazy d-bags as they grab their ipods, Cannon Camera's, Kindles, etc....out of their make-shift tents. Freakin' hypocritical dirt-bags. Hate 'em all. I heard a story where some of the occupies were getting pissed at the homeless folks that were stealing food that was being donated to the Occu-idiots.....made me laugh out loud. What a bunch of morons.

....need 'em. Somebody has to mow the lawn. ;)

The occupies of Boston are getting the boot soon. Ah, wish I could be there to witness the removal of the stinky lazy d-bags as they grab their ipods, Cannon Camera's, Kindles, etc....out of their make-shift tents. Freakin' hypocritical dirt-bags. Hate 'em all. I heard a story where some of the occupies were getting pissed at the homeless folks that were stealing food that was being donated to the Occu-idiots.....made me laugh out loud. What a bunch of morons.

THAY SHOULD ACCEPT THERE FATE

Tell the truth.....how tempted were you to occupy a piece of city pavement with your azz? Stupid job got in the way, eh? 'gotta pay for your iphone somehow....

I've been down there a few times. Not protesting, mind you, just as a tourist. It's gross, it smells, 94% of the people there are slack-jawed assclowns. That said, their presence and number has moved the dialogue. I'm not sure how anyone who has a job and gets hit annually with state and local tax increases has any issue with these dirty rugrats attempting to shame their politicians into some level of accountability and/or transparency. The majority of those dirtbags have more guts than most of us will ever have. Just because I accept the fact that im a licensed and registered suck-pump for my bank and government doesn't mean I can't respect and appreciate a group of protestors going out and fighting the good fight for awhile.

I've been down there a few times. Not protesting, mind you, just as a tourist. It's gross, it smells, 94% of the people there are slack-jawed assclowns. That said, their presence and number has moved the dialogue. I'm not sure how anyone who has a job and gets hit annually with state and local tax increases has any issue with these dirty rugrats attempting to shame their politicians into some level of accountability and/or transparency. The majority of those dirtbags have more guts than most of us will ever have. Just because I accept the fact that im a licensed and registered suck-pump for my bank and government doesn't mean I can't respect and appreciate a group of protestors going out and fighting the good fight for awhile.

It takes a lot of guts to be an unemployed bumb living off of mom and dad. Everyone takes 'em so seriously! I mean, the respect these "assclowns" garner boggles my right-leaning mind 'fer sure. :rolleyes:

It takes a lot of guts to be an unemployed bumb living off of mom and dad. Everyone takes 'em so seriously! I mean, the respect these "assclowns" garner boggles my right-leaning mind 'fer sure. :rolleyes:

You've already confessed to being a reformed hippie, T. There's no going back now.

My issue is that I don't see them moving the dialogue. Everybody knows the problem and fixing it isn't that simple. I doubt that even your 6% have any coherent plan. They seem to be using as a rallying cry as if the rest of us need to awakened. I am awake and i don't see what courage it takes to be an unemployed kid hanging in the city.

have been wondering if I could sell them the info I have on the guy who brought down lehman bros, and was named #3 responsible crook in the '08 meltdown

then I realized very few of them would know who that is or why it's significant.....

Well said. This is my issue with OWS and Tea Party exactly. I could tolerate a well-informed group looking to bring about reform and offering solutions to existing issues. Instead we have become the "sound Bite" nation waving flags and villifying parties based on obscure and incredibly general ideals. It's nonsense. Pouting for pouting's sake. Most of the ows has no idea what they are protesting against, no sense of real history or solid facts...they just don't like the way it is and want it to be different (same can be said for much of the T party movement). Faced with explaining their stance, or stating facts or opinions on the origins of the problem(s), they just scream "big government!" "Corporate Greed!" "too much tax!" " too little aid!" Lefty! Righty! blah blah blah. An educated protester is a potent force, a whiny protester is a nuisance.

You've already confessed to being a reformed hippie, T. There's no going back now.

Just because I smoked alittle pot in college does not make me a "reformed hippie."

True story:

broke my ankle in 6th grade...elemetary school city olympics. I was a high hurdler. Don't laugh. I was. I was good too. Made the final race. Unfortunately I hit the first hurdle (I choked, I know) and somehow my lace got caught in a crack on the hurdle and I fell down all twisted...anyway, broke my ankle. So, poor me could not get to school. Latch-key kid and all. My town had some provision where injured students could get free transportation to school during the month that I had a full cast. I was too close to the school to catch a bus...plus, they didn't want me using my crutches to get to a school bus stop, so they decided a cab would pick me up and drop me iff from school every day- on their dime (alright! occupy free taxi's!) So, the first day, I'm ready....cab shows up in front of my house...he beeps...I grab the crutches and make my way to the cab....I'm half way there and see a GASP! Hippie! Oh my! He had the whole Jesus look going....smoking a cigarette....scared the sh*t out of me....so, I went back in the house. He left after a while. Next day, he arrives, beeps, I ignore it....he goes away. I did this for a week before someone from the school shows up at my house. I was honest. I told them that the hippie guy scared me and that he was going to make me do drugs and then kill me. Guy was probably a really nice dude....I blame TV. Anyway, solution: my aunt picked me up every morning for a month and my friends mom dropped me off at home every day for a month.

Anyway, Mr. Shane, my aversion to Hippies is long-standing. :)

I cant believe the police and city government put up with this BS.

If this was the 60's or 70's, they would have used tear gas and night sticks to clear the city parks the first night of these axxholes tried camping out. Theyre all breaking the law.

thats exactly what the protesters wanted. They wanted to get beat by the cops. They wanted to draw attention to the awful treatment they received and that would leave others to feel bad for them and join their sleepover. unfortunately for the "Occupy _____" people, the police and politicians knew better than to give them the attention they wanted.

Archived