Stupid How pathetic is this?

Garb

http://www.bostonher...home&position=0

Stupid, left leaning, out of touch Massachusetts. Where everyone gets a trophy and self-esteems are built on bullsh*t. Let this poor kid shine - it was HIS day, the School's day....and some arsehole takes it away? Why? Excessive celebration? This was excessive?

I'm not sure what all these new rules are supposed to accomplish besides suffocating competitive spirit and fun. I understand having to put the hammer down on excessive....but what's excessive? This is not excessive. Massachusetts ought to be ashamed of itself. The state superbowl format is great tradition and for most of these kids, it's the biggest day of their young lives.....and they can't show the emotion that comes with a hard-fought victory and the accomplishment of a goal?

This is just so outrageous to me.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This kid is from the Boston area, right? So he's probably an annoying Red Sox, Pats, Celtics and Bruins fan, right? Screw him!

Yah, and I bet he may actually go to a game or two of a team he is a fan of....unlike some folks who attend the game of some pathetic team that was just sold, is about to move out of state and who's quaterback is a dumbed down version of Ronnie "Sunshine" Bass.

Yah, and I bet he may actually go to a game or two of a team he is a fan of....unlike some folks who attend the game of some pathetic team that was just sold, is about to move out of state and who's quaterback is a dumbed down version of Ronnie "Sunshine" Bass.

This may be the worst comeback in this history of the internet. :rl:

This may be the worst comeback in this history of the internet. :rl:

I'm coming down with a cold....that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Speaking of poor sportsmanship.....freakin' cold. You know, I take the Zicam, Vitamin C, Zinc...soup, etc.....but noooooo......the cold wins. Stupid cold.

this is just an absolute travesty. taking points off the board for a raised arm? how about a 15 yd penalty on the following kickoff? How about realizing this wasn't a flagrant taunt or excessive celebration in the first place? People suck. They really do.

Not arguing, but technically that's the rule....its a horrendous rule and I remember arguing about it a while ago when the instituted it in college, but this isnt the first time this has been called.

And thus the pussification of the United States continues.

I find this no more embarrassing then the kids that arent allowed to play because they are too good and other kids cant stop them.

This country is pathetic.

This.

What a joke

Meh, saw the video and the kid was celebrating before he even got in the endzone. Reports say the ref warned them all before the game he'd be calling them for exactly that if they did it. Next time open up your ears and have some presence of mind so you don't potentially screw your teammates. Eff 'em.

Meh, saw the video and the kid was celebrating before he even got in the endzone. Reports say the ref warned them all before the game he'd be calling them for exactly that if they did it. Next time open up your ears and have some presence of mind so you don't potentially screw your teammates. Eff 'em.

Celebrating? Like when he raised his hand up as he ran into the endzone? Maybe his armpit was chaffing?

Pretty much. Not saying I think the rule isn't stupid, but if the ref says "don't" before the game, best act like you've been there before and give Jeebus his props when the game is sealed.

I blame the Jersey Shore Cast. non of this happens if they didn;t make the fist pump so popular.

+1.

Remember when the touchdown scorer used to just pick himself up and either run off or get ready for the extra point?

Or if he wanted to be classy, he'd kneel down and touch the point of the ball to the ground, just to keep the old tradition alive.

Whatever happened to that?

dunno...the old adage..."act like you been there" is still pretty relevant...

It's a 17 year old kid we are talking about, not a well-paid professional athlete. I'm guessing he's never scored a game clinching touchdown....never been there....

Maybe it was a reflex. While he did break the rule, it may have been rather automatic for the kid. Tough call.

Which brings me to my ruling on this:

If your behavior is borderline, and you don't have the skill to win by a convincing margin, don't bitch when the refs decide the game for you.

Technically, isn't the left-leaning position here that the kid's decision to break the rules shouldn't have consequences and the touchdown should stand?

left leaning also believe everyone deserves a trophy, everyone is equal, nobody should ever show emotion or it could be construed as being offensive to the poor kids who suck.

We have these ridiculous rules because we dont want kids to have their poor little feelings hurt.

left leaning also believe everyone deserves a trophy, everyone is equal, nobody should ever show emotion or it could be construed as being offensive to the poor kids who suck.

We have these ridiculous rules because we dont want kids to have their poor little feelings hurt.

....which should help them in the future when they encounter rejection, failure, disappointment or heck....actually have to work for something. :rolleyes:

AYSO_EVERYONEPLAYS_40th_FINAL_lowres.jpg

http://www.bostonher...home&position=0

Stupid, left leaning, out of touch Massachusetts. Where everyone gets a trophy and self-esteems are built on bullshit. Let this poor kid shine - it was HIS day, the School's day....and some arsehole takes it away? Why? Excessive celebration? This was excessive?

I'm not sure what all these new rules are supposed to accomplish besides suffocating competitive spirit and fun. I understand having to put the hammer down on excessive....but what's excessive? This is not excessive. Massachusetts ought to be ashamed of itself. The state superbowl format is great tradition and for most of these kids, it's the biggest day of their young lives.....and they can't show the emotion that comes with a hard-fought victory and the accomplishment of a goal?

This is just so outrageous to me.

I just don't get why the play is reversed. Call taunting if you want and assess 15 yards. Reversing the play? That isn't football...

I would be beyond furious if I were them.

....which should help them in the future when they encounter rejection, failure, disappointment or heck....actually have to work for something. :rolleyes:

Player scores TD, showboats, embarrasses self and team

Garb: "That's disgusting! They should really do something about this crap! The world is going to Hell rabble rabble!"

Player scores TD, showboats, gets flagged

Garb: "That's disgusting! Bureaucracy trying to limit my freedoms! The world is going to Hell rabble rabble!"

Welcome to the GcoughP

Garb: "That's disgusting! They should really do something about this crap! The world is going to Hell rabble rabble!"

Garb: "That's disgusting! Bureaucracy trying to limit my freedoms! The world is going to Hell rabble rabble!"

Welcome to the GcoughP

Next time I might shake my ****- Randy Moss.

Welcome to the GcoughP

You are comparing a three second hand raise into the endzone by a 17 year old to Randy Moss mooning a goalpost?

Freakin' liberals are more black and white that anyone on the planet. Hyperbole is their friend because it's the only way they could possibly win an argument.

Archived