Stupid How pathetic is this?

Garb

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

left leaning also believe everyone deserves a trophy, everyone is equal, nobody should ever show emotion or it could be construed as being offensive to the poor kids who suck.

We have these ridiculous rules because we dont want kids to have their poor little feelings hurt.

Next thing you know, they're gonna let a coupla homos get married on the 50 yard line at halftime, amirite?

A likely replica signature on a 12 sentence form letter likely written by an intern doesn't seem worth getting upset over.

I just said I could care less about it....but we should be able to live in a society that two people of the same sex doesnt need attention from the White House. There's no reason anyone even needs to know what your sexual preference is.

That try and obscure the real problems of this country....its obvious, but its such a taboo issue that if you speak out about it you're called a bigot. It's the first play in the playbook.

I guess I'm confused as to how you're not a bigot by telling others they're less than you?

I just said I could care less about it....but we should be able to live in a society that two people of the same sex doesnt need attention from the White House. There's no reason anyone even needs to know what your sexual preference is.

100% agree.

But, in today's world, these things are evolving.

You wont see that letter in 10 years. It's about a marriage that happened on the first day it was legalized. Agree with the decision or not, it's landmark for civil rights, and it's a form letter.

I hope we get to a point where gay marriage isn't an issue anymore. I really do.

i agree.. which i why they should be free to marry and it wouldn't be a debate at all!

100% agree.

But, in today's world, these things are evolving.

You wont see that letter in 10 years. It's about a marriage that happened on the first day it was legalized. Agree with the decision or not, it's landmark for civil rights, and it's a form letter.

I hope we get to a point where gay marriage isn't an issue anymore. I really do.

All I'm saying it seems the people that are vocal about the gay/lesbian movement will never allow it to be something we don't care or think about. Its an agenda driven, in your face, I cant wait to be offended movement.

All I'm saying it seems the people that are vocal about the gay/lesbian movement will never allow it to be something we don't care or think about. Its an agenda driven, in your face, I cant wait to be offended movement.

You know, I felt the same way about the gay pride parade until I asked a gay person about it. I said, "If you just wanted to be treated equally, why have a march about how different and special you are?" He told me, "the parade isn't about equality, it's about how when I was growing up in the mid-west, I was terrified of who I was and felt horribly alone. The parade showed me that there were other people like me out there, that I wasn't the only one". I didn't have much more to say.

As for the agenda, I think that works both ways, with those opposed using it to their political gains, by scaring the hell out of people with the unsubstantiated consequences of boys kissing. I mean, I certainly don't want my children to catch gay, do you?

In reality, gays have plenty to actually be offended by right now. But this is also a natural part of social change, history repeats itself with a different group.

You know, I felt the same way about the gay pride parade until I asked a gay person about it. I said, "If you just wanted to be treated equally, why have a march about how different and special you are?" He told me, "the parade isn't about equality, it's about how when I was growing up in the mid-west, I was terrified of who I was and felt horribly alone. The parade showed me that there were other people like me out there, that I wasn't the only one". I didn't have much more to say.

As for the agenda, I think that works both ways, with those opposed using it to their political gains, by scaring the hell out of people with the unsubstantiated consequences of boys kissing. I mean, I certainly don't want my children to catch gay, do you?

In reality, gays have plenty to actually be offended by right now. But this is also a natural part of social change, history repeats itself with a different group.

Fair enough, could be more of a product of me growing up in NY.

What does marriage have to do with a 17 year old kid raising his hand as he approaches the goal-line for the go-ahead, victory touchdown...only to have it taken away because it was considered excessive?

Slippery slopes. I mean, that penalty is the libs fault, as you say.

Love you bro, but this is all narrative. At the end of the day it doesn't matter how people feel about homosexuality because morality isn't the issue. It's legal. There is absolutely no legal argument to be made against it and there are blatant tax and immigration benefits that people based on sexual orientation aren't privy to. By any definition it's discrimination and it would be a pretty huge concern if policy wasn't addressing it.

Love you bro, but this is all narrative. At the end of the day it doesn't matter how people feel about homosexuality because morality isn't the issue. It's legal. There is absolutely no legal argument to be made against it and there are blatant tax and immigration benefits that people based on sexual orientation aren't privy to. By any definition it's discrimination and it would be a pretty huge concern if policy wasn't addressing it.

Well, I guess this about sums up why one of us is going to be a psychologist while the other a political science phd...

I just said I could care less about it....but we should be able to live in a society that two people of the same sex doesnt need attention from the White House.

You're waxing philosophical and not looking at logistics. Civil rights deserve attention from the White House. Sexual orientation is categorically parallel to race or gender. It's the equivalent of saying that Brandeis should have stayed away when it came to Women's suffrage or that policy should mind it's own business when the VA denies Mexican Americans benefits.

You're waxing philosophical and not looking at logistics. Civil rights deserve attention from the White House. Sexual orientation is categorically parallel to race or gender. It's the equivalent of saying that Brandeis should have stayed away when it came to Women's suffrage or that policy should mind it's own business when the VA denies Mexican Americans benefits.

There's zero way of me knowing if someone were gay or not.

I'm all for gay marriage being legal everywhere, but this notion the gay rights movement is even close to the womens suffrage movement or the civil rights movement of the 60's is a stretch.

Well, I guess this about sums up why one of us is going to be a psychologist while the other a political science phd...

Being a gay is a choice, it's not natural...yada yada yada. The only thing that matters is that you can make a mail-order bride a citizen with the snap of a finger, yet Aten still can't even get Rico into the country.

There's zero way of me knowing if someone were gay or not.

I'm all for gay marriage being legal everywhere, but this notion the gay rights movement is even close to the womens suffrage movement or the civil rights movement of the 60's is a stretch.

Again, that's not the issue and you clearly missed the point. How you feel about its equivalency, or homosexuality as a civil category is irrelevant. You get benefits that gay people don't. Period. Not religious or spiritual benefits. Real financial and legal benefits. All because you like girls and they like boys (or girls). That is most certainly a policy issue by any institutional standard. You asked why the White House should address it, that's why.

Being a gay is a choice, it's not natural...yada yada yada. The only thing that matters is that you can make a mail-order bride a citizen with the snap of a finger, yet Aten still can't even get Rico into the country.

Why don't you just admit that you met a cute Inca boy and you're desperately trying to find a way to bring him back?

Archived