BCS/Bowl games

CrazyCarl40

The system is absolutely pathetic. From top to bottom. Bama got their shot. Oklahoma State should be in the NCG.

Its a joke that a 6-6 team as horrible as the FL Gators are playing in a bowl. You shouldnt get rewarded for .500.

It sucks. Nothing more to be said. Completely ruins the sport.

Pretty stupid. Maybe if Bama was on the road I could see this matchup again, but they lost at home and then proceed to get the easier road.

This would have been Boise's year too if they hadnt lost another stupid game. With everyone losing, this was probably their best shot.

Pretty stupid. Maybe if Bama was on the road I could see this matchup again, but they lost at home and then proceed to get the easier road.

This would have been Boise's year too if they hadnt lost another stupid game. With everyone losing, this was probably their best shot.

Agreed. The NCAA prides themself on having the most important regular season in all of sports, so if thats the case, then Bama had their NCG at home...and they lost.

I mean, they are punishing Oklahoma State who had a tougher schedule for losing a road game to Iowa State - rightfully so but they are rewarding Bama for losing and not having to play in their title game. I mean honestly, that was like a blessing in disguise for the Tide. And I get that you cant lose those games on a way to a National Title if your OSU...but still...they won their conference in a blowout vs. the preseason ranked #1 school and now we are watching a rematch between 2 schools that play each other all the time.

The only thing that I like about bowl games is seeing teams that never play each other matched up. This completely ruins it. Maybe they did get the 2 best schools in the country in the NCG again, but the system is still flawed.

• 4 weeks later...

Think the emergence of the Winter Classic as a New Year's staple is going to add another reason why the NCAA needs a playoff in December culminating with a championship game around 1/1. These games are completely forgettable spare LSU/Alabama. There was a time the Rose, Orange and Sugar Bowls were ratings gold; no more. If the numbers come out that the hockey game got more or equal eyeballs to some of these games,they have to wake u. The bowl system is a joke.

Archived