Rex after 50 games

stoicsentry

Pretty impressive considering the play of his QB.

He will bring the Jets a Super Bowl.

I know, could you imagine what Snachez and Schotty could do with a good Head Coach.

JiF, not every response has to be some ridicule of Sanchez.

OP: Waffles are good

JiF: Sanchez probably uses model syrup and ruins them

C'mon Man

I know, could you imagine what Snachez and Schotty could do with a good Head Coach.

C'mon Man

This is actually one of the topics where it's a necessary aspect to discuss. With how bad Sanchez has been as a regular season QB for 3 years now, Rex's record is even that much more impressive.

C'mon Man

This is actually one of the topics where it's a necessary aspect to discuss. With how bad Sanchez has been as a regular season QB for 3 years now, Rex's record is even that much more impressive.

This. I think its very relevant to this conversation. Could you imagine what his record would be with a worthy QB?

This. I think its very relevant to this conversation. Could you imagine what his record would be with a worthy QB?

I'm really not trying to be some thread Nazi, but...

EVERY THREAD lately turns into an argument over how bad Sanchez or Schotty is.

News Flash:

Not all of us think Sanchez has played AS badly as some others do.

Plus, there are like 15000 other threads on here to "debate" Sanchez or Schotty's influence on Rex's record.

Kudos to Rex. He's a great HC. Also kudos to Sanchez and Schotty, because they had their hand in all of those wins and losses as well.

The problem is, not everyone agrees that Sanchez has been this horrible QB for 3 years. He has his hands in all of the wins and losses, as does Schotty, and everyone that was on this team.

I'm just saying there are so many other threads discussing this topic. Would it be possible to just talk about Rex, and choose another thread for the diatribes about Sanchez and Schotty, and so on?

I'm really not trying to be some thread Nazi, but...

EVERY THREAD lately turns into an argument over how bad Sanchez or Schotty is.

News Flash:

Not all of us think Sanchez has played AS badly as some others do.

Plus, there are like 15000 other threads on here to "debate" Sanchez or Schotty's influence on Rex's record.

Kudos to Rex. He's a great HC. Also kudos to Sanchez and Schotty, because they had their hand in all of those wins and losses as well.

You realize you are turning this into a Sanchez thread/debate now, right?

All I said was, "Pretty impressive considering the play of his QB".

Thats it. I was paying a compliment to Rex. Its not like I said, "Thats impressive considering Sanchez sucks"

The problem is, not everyone agrees that Sanchez has been this horrible QB for 3 years. He has his hands in all of the wins and losses, as does Schotty, and everyone that was on this team.

I'm just saying there are so many other threads discussing this topic. Would it be possible to just talk about Rex, and choose another thread for the diatribes about Sanchez and Schotty, and so on?

OMG - you are making this a Sanchez debate. Stop!!!!

lmfao

You realize you are turning this into a Sanchez thread/debate now, right?

All I said was, "Pretty impressive considering the play of his QB".

Thats it. I was paying a compliment to Rex. Its not like I said, "Thats impressive considering Sanchez sucks"

I know it seems that way, but really I am trying to present a principle. That principle being that almost every thread lately gets hijacked. This place, IMHO, has turned into 3 actual threads.

Thread 1: Sanchez is the cause of all of our woes

Thread 2: Schotty is the cause of all of our woes

Thread 3: Many factors contribute to both our wins and losses

I know I may be coming off as some anti-free speech jerk. I'm really not trying to. What my main point is that it would be nice to have a variety of topics to discuss, without them all turning into some argument that nobody will agree upon, which is Sanchez/Schotty is bad or not.

Also as soon as you stated anything about the QB's play, you are smart enough to know damn well what was coming next. I hope I'm communicating this effectively.

//End Tangent

Rex has been a great HC for us. I hope we keep him around for a long time. I love the culture change. I love his openness. I love that he has shown an ability to adjust and grow as a HC.

He's a winner.

OMG - you are making this a Sanchez debate. Stop!!!!

lmfao

As you were, then.

I didn't think discussing the same things over and over and over, presenting the same flawed arguments from both sides over and over and over, really added anything to the quality of the board.

Here somebody posts a positive about Rex and his record, and your response is to criticize Sanchez immediately. Let me make my point clear, I am not taking issue with your criticism of Sanchez, he deserves it. I am taking issue with the freaking redundancy that exists in all of these threads. It's a nonstop regurgitation of the same points over and over. nothing new is being presented, and IMHO it doesn't add anything to the board.

but hey, some people like eating the same crap everyday. Me, I like variety.

Just my .02

It's sh*t like this that makes me think Jets fans don't deserve to ever see another championship

I actually think this has been his best year as a coach. Lot more sh*t to overcome on the roster this season more than others, which is mostly Tannenbaum's fault, but Rex has played a part in some of that as well. With how below average the offense has been it's a miracle we're in contention for the playoffs right now.

I actually think this has been his best year as a coach. Lot more sh*t to overcome on the roster this season more than others, which is mostly Tannenbaum's fault, but Rex has played a part in some of that as well. With how below average the offense has been it's a miracle we're in contention for the playoffs right now.

This offseason really was like a repeat of the 2005 offseason. Apparently all it takes is one close postseason loss to the Steelers for this team's GM to think mostly standing pat while losing a couple of starters is a sure means of victory for the following season.

This offseason really was like a repeat of the 2005 offseason. Apparently all it takes is one close postseason loss to the Steelers for this team's GM to think mostly standing pat while losing a couple of starters is a sure means of victory for the following season.

Who should we have signed?

And the Wilkerson pick looks solid.

The only thing they wiffed on really was the idea that Greene was a starter.

The draft was no doubt infinitely better than that garbage 2005 draft, but outside Wilkerson none of those picks were designed to address any issues this year. I was speaking more in terms of free agency. Any safety not named Eric Smith, a RT not named Wayne Hunter, depth at ANY (or every) position on the OL, and a TE worth a damn, just off the top of my head... pretty much anything but sitting around and wasting away the free agency period unsuccessfully trying to have your CB depth chart take up 50% of your salary cap (which I was adamantly against even at the time). Really the only moves the Jets made were keeping some of their players, while failing to address the positions where they lost players or those that were already clearly an issue last season.

Good points. Also you have to look at the lack of development of Vlad, Hunter getting hurt.

Rex has had his hands full this year. You also gotta figure it's pretty hard to really determine the impact of losing Edwards and Cotch. I'm not saying they were great, but each players strengths and weaknesses do make a difference on the team as a whole. Whether it is their leadership in the locker room, their route running, etc...it all plays a part in determining the overall make up of the team.

I think Rex has done a great job this year. I think that our personnel could/should be better than it is.

They should've kept Braylon. Plaxico could've still been added to the offense. Kerley is filling in very nicely for Cotchery.

Lost a lot of veteran leadership in T-RIch, T Jones, Faneca

Sanchez and Rex have an equal hand in this. Rex implemented an impressive D but has made some bonhead (learning curve) coaching/game management errors.

Sanchez has made some bonehead mistakes but also has a knack for engineering late comebacks.

It's not perfect but it's getting better. I think Rex has done a great job but there's a lot of room for improvement. That's what happens when you try to do things on a budget. You have to be patient. Especially when reverse engineering this culture of wasted drafts, poor personnell management and most important LOSING. Rex is doing great I repeat.

Already asked, but who should we have brought in that could have been brought in?

That stupid FA rule ruined everything...otherwise I think Antrell Rolle would have been a Yet. Was that rule around to mess with 2011?

I know it seems that way, but really I am trying to present a principle. That principle being that almost every thread lately gets hijacked. This place, IMHO, has turned into 3 actual threads.

Thread 1: Sanchez is the cause of all of our woes

Thread 2: Schotty is the cause of all of our woes

Thread 3: Many factors contribute to both our wins and losses

I know I may be coming off as some anti-free speech jerk. I'm really not trying to. What my main point is that it would be nice to have a variety of topics to discuss, without them all turning into some argument that nobody will agree upon, which is Sanchez/Schotty is bad or not.

Also as soon as you stated anything about the QB's play, you are smart enough to know damn well what was coming next. I hope I'm communicating this effectively.

//End Tangent

Rex has been a great HC for us. I hope we keep him around for a long time. I love the culture change. I love his openness. I love that he has shown an ability to adjust and grow as a HC.

He's a winner.

As you were, then.

I didn't think discussing the same things over and over and over, presenting the same flawed arguments from both sides over and over and over, really added anything to the quality of the board.

Here somebody posts a positive about Rex and his record, and your response is to criticize Sanchez immediately. Let me make my point clear, I am not taking issue with your criticism of Sanchez, he deserves it. I am taking issue with the freaking redundancy that exists in all of these threads. It's a nonstop regurgitation of the same points over and over. nothing new is being presented, and IMHO it doesn't add anything to the board.

but hey, some people like eating the same crap everyday. Me, I like variety.

Just my .02

Greenie, you extremely tall sob, you're the only one discussing it.

My compliment was to Rex, who I <3 with all my <3.

Rex is an awesome defensive cooridinator. His defense makes up for alot of other shortcomings. At some point I would like to see him matched up with a very good offensive cooridinator. He still has a away to go as a compete coach but damn he has made being a Jet fan suck alot less than usuall. Spoeaking of suck............. LOL

And if you were the GM who would our QB be? I see all this complaining that "we didn't win the Super Bowl because of Sanchez" but yet no one seems to be able to throw out a better alternate who would've won it.

And if you were the GM who would our QB be? I see all this complaining that "we didn't win the Super Bowl because of Sanchez" but yet no one seems to be able to throw out a better alternate who would've won it.

I actually dont think we havent won the SB because of Sanchez alone, but I'll play this game with you.

First off, I was dead set against the Sanchez pick - so as a GM, I wouldnt have drafted him, he's the one guy I wanted nothing to do with and from that respect, he's blown my expectations away. I loved Stafford and would have asked the Lions if they were listening to takers for the 1st overall pick. I even started a thread saying I'd trade the entire draft for the kid. Now, he's been injury riddled so it obviously wouldnt have helped, but that would have been my first attempt and if it failed and was still stuck on targeting a Qb, I would have stayed put and took Freeman.

Over the years, I've started threads about guys like Matt Schaub. I wanted the Jets to trade for him the second I heard he was available. I liked the idea of bringing in Jeff Garcia to have Sanchez sit and watch for a year. I'd have liked to keep Farve around for another season. I was in favor of bringing in Drew Brees when he was available. I liked the idea of trading for Jason Campbell when there were rumors of him being available via trade, Hassellbeck too. When the Jay Cutler fiasco was going down, I was ok with that too.

Truth is, I dont have the answer. I just know Sanchez aint it.

I actually dont think we havent won the SB because of Sanchez alone, but I'll play this game with you.

First off, I was dead set against the Sanchez pick - so as a GM, I wouldnt have drafted him, he's the one guy I wanted nothing to do with and from that respect, he's blown my expectations away. I loved Stafford and would have made asked the Lions if they were listening to takers for the 1st overall pick. I even started a thread saying I'd trade the entire draft for the kid. Now, he's been injury riddled so it obviously wouldnt have helped, but that would have been my first attempt and if it failed. If I was stuck on targeting a Qb, I would have stayed put and took Freeman.

Over the years, I've started threads about guys like Matt Schaub. I wanted the Jets to trade for him the second I heard he was available. I liked the idea of bringing in Jeff Garcia to have Sanchez sit and watch for a year. I'd have liked to keep Farve around for another season. I was in favor of bringing in Drew Brees when he was available. I liked the idea of trading for Jason Campbell when there were rumors of him being available via trade, Hassellbeck too. When the Jay Cutler fiasco was going down, I was ok with that too.

We had too much money locked up in Pennington in 2006 and 2007 to go after Brees or Schaub, Garcia wouldn't have won anything here, Favre was either playing for Minnesota in 2009 or he was retiring, Josh McDaniels wasn't going to send Cutler to the AFC East and risk alienating Belichick, Hasselbeck is injury prone and would've been a big risk, Campbell was at best equal to Sanchez in Washington, and Josh Freeman isn't very good and he'd be even worse in Schotty's system. There is no one else that we could've gotten. And in a better system, Sanchez could very well be the future of this team.

First off, I was dead set against the Sanchez pick - so as a GM, I wouldnt have drafted him, he's the one guy I wanted nothing to do with and from that respect, he's blown my expectations away. I loved Stafford and would have asked the Lions if they were listening to takers for the 1st overall pick. I even started a thread saying I'd trade the entire draft for the kid. Now, he's been injury riddled so it obviously wouldnt have helped, but that would have been my first attempt and if it failed and was still stuck on targeting a Qb, I would have stayed put and took Freeman.

That's kind of the way it rolls with QB. Really, until you've found somebody that you know for sure is the guy for the long term who has the ability to get you a ring, you've got to keep trying different things. Barring an unexpected proven veteran acquisition (i.e., Peyton Manning), I'd like to see the Jets sign Matt Flynn and let him take a crack at battling Sanchez for the starting job (and probably still adding another QB in the mid-rounds as well).

Im content with his progression. Get him a competent O.C. first. If we can do that then I will agree that Sanchez isnt it. But again, I cannot criticize this guy when no QB was able to flourish under Schotty.

His (Schotty's) play designs are ******* terrible JIF. The one thing that's going for Sanchez is that he's f'ing clutch down the stretch. That is a gorgeous stat to have as a young QB. Now all we need to do is get him a coordinator, a QB vet outside of Brunnel and a QB coach. We talk about Sanchez "flashes" all the time. He's very inconsistent and many would be the first to point out his mistakes, which I cannot disagree with....but when its not his mistakes he also has to deal with the pathetic/stupid playcalling from his O.C. If we get a very good O.C. half of Sanchez problems will be gone in that one move. That will be enough imo for a serious superbowl run.

Sanchez is young, but everything in my heart as a fan is telling me that this guy is good enough. I just feel it. He can be our version of a Terry Bradshaw. Not great, but clutch.....with a great defense to back him up.

We had too much money locked up in Pennington in 2006 and 2007 to go after Brees or Schaub, Garcia wouldn't have won anything here, Favre was either playing for Minnesota in 2009 or he was retiring, Josh McDaniels wasn't going to send Cutler to the AFC East and risk alienating Belichick, Hasselbeck is injury prone and would've been a big risk, Campbell was at best equal to Sanchez in Washington, and Josh Freeman isn't very good and he'd be even worse in Schotty's system. There is no one else that we could've gotten. And in a better system, Sanchez could very well be the future of this team.

Money in Pennington shouldnt have scared you away from either Brees or Schaub. There would have been takers for Pennington at the time. Who knows what Garcia would have done here. Sanchez was horrific his rookie season and got us to the AFCG. I'm 100% confident Garcia would have been a major upgrade at the QB position. I dont know Josh McDaniels, so I dont know that he wouldnt have traded him to the AFCE with respect to BB's feelings. From everything I thought, BB doesnt have feelings. ;-). I like Freeman and Campbell better.

Like I said, I dont have the answers. I just know I dont like Mark Sanchez.

That's kind of the way it rolls with QB. Really, until you've found somebody that you know for sure is the guy for the long term who has the ability to get you a ring, you've got to keep trying different things. Barring an unexpected proven veteran acquisition (i.e., Peyton Manning), I'd like to see the Jets sign Matt Flynn and let him take a crack at battling Sanchez for the starting job (and probably still adding another QB in the mid-rounds as well).

I like Flynn. I'd be ok with that or a David Garrad type to put a little pressure on the model.

Im content with his progression. Get him a competent O.C. first. If we can do that then I will agree that Sanchez isnt it. But again, I cannot criticize this guy when no QB was able to flourish under Schotty.

His (Schotty's) play designs are ******* terrible JIF. The one thing that's going for Sanchez is that he's f'ing clutch down the stretch. That is a gorgeous stat to have as a young QB. Now all we need to do is get him a coordinator, a QB vet outside of Brunnel and a QB coach. We talk about Sanchez "flashes" all the time. He's very inconsistent and many would be the first to point out his mistakes, which I cannot disagree with....but when its not his mistakes he also has to deal with the pathetic/stupid playcalling from his O.C. If we get a very good O.C. half of Sanchez problems will be gone in that one move. That will be enough imo for a serious superbowl run.

Sanchez is young, but everything in my heart as a fan is telling me that this guy is good enough. I just feel it. He can be our version of a Terry Bradshaw. Not great, but clutch.....with a great defense to back him up.

We disagree on the OC. As much as I dont like Schotty, I dont see just a quick change in an OC fixing all of Sanchez deficincies. I love Sanchez in the clutch and for that, I think he's probably good enough. My problem is, how many times does "good enough" really give you a shot at the title?

Archived