Rex after 50 games

stoicsentry

And if you were the GM who would our QB be? I see all this complaining that "we didn't win the Super Bowl because of Sanchez" but yet no one seems to be able to throw out a better alternate who would've won it.

favre...

in 2009

Money in Pennington shouldnt have scared you away from either Brees or Schaub. There would have been takers for Pennington at the time. Who knows what Garcia would have done here. Sanchez was horrific his rookie season and got us to the AFCG. I'm 100% confident Garcia would have been a major upgrade at the QB position. I dont know Josh McDaniels, so I dont know that he wouldnt have traded him to the AFCE with respect to BB's feelings. From everything I thought, BB doesnt have feelings. ;-). I like Freeman and Campbell better.

Like I said, I dont have the answers. I just know I dont like Mark Sanchez.

I like Flynn. I'd be ok with that or a David Garrad type to put a little pressure on the model.

We disagree on the OC. As much as I dont like Schotty, I dont see just a quick change in an OC fixing all of Sanchez deficincies. I love Sanchez in the clutch and for that, I think he's probably good enough. My problem is, how many times does "good enough" really give you a shot at the title?

We're not talking about a 6th or 7th year QB here. And though you disagree with my O.C. comment you must admit that many of our offensive problems is because of Schotty. I never said that changing an O.C. will fix what Sanchez lacks. I said that changing to a competent O.C. will limit the problems on offense that we have coming directly from O.C. issues such as bad play design and poor play calls during 3rd downs.

That will make the offense better overall. Its not just on the QB here. If we're able to put a good O.C. together with a clutch QB that has upside and a defense that for the most part holds opposing offenses to less than 21 points, I think that we're instantly Superbowl contenders.

We're not talking about a 6th or 7th year QB here. And though you disagree with my O.C. comment you must admit that many of our offensive problems is because of Schotty. I never said that changing an O.C. will fix what Sanchez lacks. I said that changing to a competent O.C. will limit the problems on offense that we have coming directly from O.C. issues such as bad play design and poor play calls during 3rd downs.

That will make the offense better overall. Its not just on the QB here. If we're able to put a good O.C. together with a clutch QB that is still has upside and a defense that for the most part holds opposing offenses to less than 21 points, I think that we're instantly Superbowl contenders.

Well, if you read the article Aten posted, you'd see that most OC have very similar plays (which is something many of us have argued before). So I dont really get behind the whole horrible play design thingy. I dont think he calls a good game, thats my biggest gripe with Schotty.

I agree its bigger than Sanchez, I'm just affraid Sanchez isnt big enough to actually carry a Football team. Which at some point in every season, you need that from you Qb.

Well, if you read the article Aten posted, you'd see that most OC have very similar plays (which is something many of us have argued before). So I dont really get behind the whole horrible play design thingy. I dont think he calls a good game, thats my biggest gripe with Schotty.

I agree its bigger than Sanchez, I'm just affraid Sanchez isnt big enough to actually carry a Football team. Which at some point in every season, you need that from you Qb.

Most OC's have similar plays, but not all of them do. I guess thats the difference between Good and Schotty. And there's no need to be afraid about Sanchez not being able to carry a team. He's a clutch QB, thats a start. Also, even if OC's do have similar plays, then it boils down to when certain plays are called. Its a shame that we all can guess plays/routes from our offense presnap.

We all know about Holmes slant route. We all know about Kerley's cross route. When's the last time you seen a running play that wasnt a RB blast or Wildcat? This is the sh*t that im talking about. We dont surprise defenses ever. Do you not think that this has an impact on the performance of our QB when the OC isnt able to keep defenses off balance? When they can consistently jump routes? Like I said, this isnt all on our 3rd year QB (as you agreed), but we can certainly alleviate many of Sanchez issues just by playcalling/play design. And in my opinion, OC's have different styles of offenses and how they call their plays. We need one who can go into half time and do adjustments. Schotty cant even do that.

Dude is terrible. Changing OC's will be an upgrade to this football team no matter the article that was posted given that we probably have the worst OC in the league in respects to the amount of talent on this offense. How in the world is Keller not a consistent probowler I will never know. I bet if the Pats had Keller he'd be looking like a faster Gronkowski.

link???

My suspicion is that if tanny and rex went down there to get him, they'd have brought him back

He wanted to prove to Green Bay he could still do it and he wanted to do it in a system similar to Holmgren's in the mid-90's and in the NFC North. Plus I've heard he hated NY/NJ.

He didn't want to come here to begin with, what would make you think he would want to stay here?

well considering for months people told me no way he would come to NY, until he did, I'd ask you what makes you think he couldn't be convinced to come back?

link???

My suspicion is that if tanny and rex went down there to get him, they'd have brought him back

Your suspicion is wishful thinking. It's been reported in numerous media outlets that Favre's No. 1 choice in 2008 was the Vikings, but he was sent to the Jets. Right after the season, Favre's agent approached the Jets and asked for his release. This was before Rex even came on board. By that time Favre had already been in contact with Childress and players from the Vikings. By the time Rex spoke to him, Favre had already set in motion his joining the Vikings.

Favre's No. 1 goal was to stick it to the Packers, show them they made a mistake. That's why he wanted the Vikings.

Your suspicion is wishful thinking. It's been reported in numerous media outlets that Favre's No. 1 choice in 2008 was the Vikings, but he was sent to the Jets. Right after the season, Favre's agent approached the Jets and asked for his release. This was before Rex even came on board. By that time Favre had already been in contact with Childress and players from the Vikings. By the time Rex spoke to him, Favre had already set in motion his joining the Vikings.

Favre's No. 1 goal was to stick it to the Packers, show them they made a mistake. That's why he wanted the Vikings.

blah blah.. just like he'd "never" go to the Jets.. Rex and tanny actually make the effort to fly down there and polish his knob and he comes back... the bigger issue was accomodating both he and sanchez's bloated salaries

well considering for months people told me no way he would come to NY, until he did, I'd ask you what makes you think he couldn't be convinced to come back?

What dumbass sh*t is this? Did you blatantly ignore what happened?

Thompson told Favre: there is no way you're getting traded to the Vikings and either accept the trade to the Jets or you're not playing football this year.

It had nothing to do with convincing. In fact, Peter King reported that Thompson had already agreed with Tanny in principal about the trade and Favre was called by Tanny to talk to him about it.

Now, fast forward to 2009 and Favre no longer has a Thompson-gun to his head of either playing for Jets or stay retired. He had his way out and was going to leave.

the jets released him in order to allow

To get his salary off the books and to avoid a situation like the Packers went through with him the year before. It became clear he wasn't going to be a Jet so they decided to wash their hands of him and move on to draft a QB.

blah blah.. just like he'd "never" go to the Jets.. Rex and tanny actually make the effort to fly down there and polish his knob and he comes back... the bigger issue was accomodating both he and sanchez's bloated salaries

That's total horsehit. Live in your dream world of Favre sugarplums dancing in your head, you fairy. I deal in reality.

Again, you further ignore the fact that when Tanny spoke to Favre after the tentative deal, Favre only committed to 1 yr. Yes, there was another yr on the contract, but Tanny agreed with Favre not to hold him to it.

AND, Favre informed the Jets in February 2009 that he was retiring, right after the SB, which was all part of his plan to go to the Vikings. Favre was already retired ALTHOUGH he never filed the paperwork, before Sanchez was drafted. The Jets went looking for a QB because Favre wanted out.

That's total horsehit. Live in your dream world of Favre sugarplums dancing in your head, you fairy. I deal in reality.

Again, you further ignore the fact that when Tanny spoke to Favre after the tentative deal, Favre only committed to 1 yr. Yes, there was another yr on the contract, but Tanny agreed with Favre not to hold him to it.

AND, Favre informed the Jets in February 2009 that he was retiring, right after the SB, which was all part of his plan to go to the Vikings. Favre was already retired ALTHOUGH he never filed the paperwork, before Sanchez was drafted. The Jets went looking for a QB because Favre wanted out.

yeah ok, i'm not getting into this with u blockhead. you don't have a clue as to whether or not favre could've been coaxed back to NY, I atleast have evidence that Tanny successfully did it just 6 months prior

yeah ok, i'm not getting into this with u blockhead. you don't have a clue as to whether or not favre could've been coaxed back to NY, I atleast have evidence that Tanny successfully did it just 6 months prior

Neither do you, jackass.

And you don't have any evidence that Tanny "successfully" convinced Favre to join the team. Why do you ignore Peter King's report? Thompson told Favre he had 2 choices: stay retired or play for the Jets. And Tanny spoke to Favre after a deal in principal had already been made. So Tanny's "convincing" entailed him saying, "Hey, Brett, you're okay playing for us, or do you want to stay retired?"

Neither do you, jackass.

And you don't have any evidence that Tanny "successfully" convinced Favre to join the team. Why do you ignore Peter King's report? Thompson told Favre he had 2 choices: stay retired or play for the Jets. And Tanny spoke to Favre after a deal in principal had already been made.

Cause there was a big article detailing the sales pitch tanny made.. I'm surprised you don't remember any of this

Cause there was a big article detailing the sales pitch tanny made.. I'm surprised you don't remember any of this

Yes, I remember the article. That sales pitch was made AFTER the deal was already agreed to with Thompson. In other words, Tanny was selling Favre on being happy to play with the Jets (hunting on Woody's estate), and not on making any choice of going where he wanted to go (Vikings).

In other words, Favre was faced with the proposition of either staying home and not doing what he loves, or playing with the Jets. That didn't need any real convincing. 2009 was a completely different situation ESPECIALLY with the hidden sexting scandal. Favre wanted out of town fast.

Yes, I remember the article. That sales pitch was made AFTER the deal was already agreed to with Thompson. In other words, Tanny was selling Favre on being happy to play with the Jets (hunting on Woody's estate), and not on making any choice of going where he wanted to go (Vikings).

In other words, Favre was faced with the proposition of either staying home and not doing what he loves, or playing with the Jets. That didn't need any real convincing. 2009 was a completely different situation ESPECIALLY with the hidden sexting scandal. Favre wanted out of town fast.

yes, i never said we talked him out of the vikings.. I'm saying we convinced him to come here when many said we couldn't.. i remember plenty of articules written, including by Peter King, that Favre wanted nothing to do with this area

While I get what you're saying, if the Jets really wanted to, there is little reason they couldn't have given him the same exact circumstances as the bolded again in 2009. Of course that would have meant going into offseason knowing you won't be seeing any of your QB until week 3 of the preseason, but that's Favre for you.

Archived