Sanchez's problems are correctable.

BroadwayJ667

Its not a fabrication I have seen others use the word EY when I first said it I was not specificly pointing at you was I ?

I've never seen anyone say they hate him.... i, like EY, think he's the biggest problem on the team. I just happen to think that a third year guy with his collegiate profile was destined to be the weak link anyway. I blame rex and tanny

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, it starts already

Go look at FO, they are smack in the middle of overall, pass and rush rankings. THey are 5-7 in one of the weaker divisions in football, we're not playing a good team here and we should win easily

The energy crisis and world hunger are also correctable... most anything is correctable.

Sanchez has a high ceiling in my opinion, he is just stuck on the ground floor. Will he progress beyond mediocrity? Nobody knows. Can he? Hell yes. Can he while being in a Schotty run offense? Hell no.

Unfortunately we will not have a real answer for some time.

He will light up the Chiefs today though. :)

Go look at FO, they are smack in the middle of overall, pass and rush rankings. THey are 5-7 in one of the weaker divisions in football, we're not playing a good team here and we should win easily

you want to debate good vs average ?

knock yourself out

Its amazing the little details the Sanchez haters convieniently leave out.

I understand that people dont like Sanchez and dont think that he is great. I get people thinking that if the Jets had a different QB they would have gotten to at least one SB the last two years (Im one of those people who definitely think it in 2009). But the Jets played that Colts game with the strategy of getting a lead and then playing things safe. You cant expect a rookie QB, especially one as inconsistent as Sanchez, to go out there and outduel Peyton Manning. Things work well when there is limited pressure and things come easy. By the time the Jets started trying to really move the ball again they were down and there is way too much pressure on any rookie to come back and win. Sanchez was no worse than Roethlisberger in his first Super Bowl run, which was his second season, when he beat the Colts. 14/24 for 197 2/1. It was the same exact gameplan the Jets had. Get up early and then run it out. The difference in that game was the Steelers defense held at the goalline and only allowed Manning to score a FG and they held them to 18 points, all coming in a late rally. They also got the steelers the ball back at the Indy 2 when Bettis had the near killer fumble on the next play. And dont even get me started on how awful Ben was against the Jets and Pats the year before and how he probably had the worst ever game by a SB winning QB in 2005. If not for the defense they get eliminated both years in round 2.

the chiefs have a good defense. if he plays well today, lets not say they are a weak defense. fair enough ?

They don't have a weak defense, but really it depends on how the game goes.. If Palko goers three and out all day and the jets start moving the ball once KC's defense is dejected and exhausted, I won't say he had a good day. If he moves the ball easily in the first half and KC is able to put up a fight on the other side, I will say he did.

I mean, we can score 28 points but if our average drive start is the Chiefs 40 due to turnovers and inept offense, that' nothing really to be too excited about.

I think, or I hope, if he really has a good day, they'll be nothing to argue about. Sanchez just doesn't have to many games like that.

They don't have a weak defense, but really it depends on how the game goes.. If Palko goers three and out all day and the jets start moving the ball once KC's defense is dejected and exhausted, I won't say he had a good day. If he moves the ball easily in the first half and KC is able to put up a fight on the other side, I will say he did.

I mean, we can score 28 points but if our average drive start is the Chiefs 40 due to turnovers and inept offense, that' nothing really to be too excited about.

I think, or I hope, if he really has a good day, they'll be nothing to argue about. Sanchez just doesn't have to many games like that.

or fast starts. how nice would that be ? my blood pressure really needs a day off !

or fast starts. how nice would that be ? my blood pressure really needs a day off !

Word. I just really want to enjoy a game for once. I can't remember if there has been a game this season that didn't stress me out. Maybe Jacksonville, but that was still ugly.

I understand that people dont like Sanchez and dont think that he is great. I get people thinking that if the Jets had a different QB they would have gotten to at least one SB the last two years (Im one of those people who definitely think it in 2009). But the Jets played that Colts game with the strategy of getting a lead and then playing things safe. You cant expect a rookie QB, especially one as inconsistent as Sanchez, to go out there and outduel Peyton Manning. Things work well when there is limited pressure and things come easy. By the time the Jets started trying to really move the ball again they were down and there is way too much pressure on any rookie to come back and win. Sanchez was no worse than Roethlisberger in his first Super Bowl run, which was his second season, when he beat the Colts. 14/24 for 197 2/1. It was the same exact gameplan the Jets had. Get up early and then run it out. The difference in that game was the Steelers defense held at the goalline and only allowed Manning to score a FG and they held them to 18 points, all coming in a late rally. They also got the steelers the ball back at the Indy 2 when Bettis had the near killer fumble on the next play. And dont even get me started on how awful Ben was against the Jets and Pats the year before and how he probably had the worst ever game by a SB winning QB in 2005. If not for the defense they get eliminated both years in round 2.

Jason when it comes to the playoffs Sanchez has really played well. I was very annoyed that the Jets and Rex, who is a known Gambler on defense, decided to just try and sit on a lead. if the kid was playing erraticly and we scored on big plays on defense I could understand but he was playing well and we should have tried to do more. So this should not be put on Sanchez like some are trying to argue.

Chan just stop man. If Sanchez moves the ball and we score and he plays well, dont build in excuses man, thats just silly and you know it. Every QB wants to exploit a tired defense Im not sure wtf you want Sanchez to do. You say my football philosophy is out dated but your QB only philosophy is a bit over the top.

The energy crisis and world hunger are also correctable... most anything is correctable.

Sanchez has a high ceiling in my opinion, he is just stuck on the ground floor. Will he progress beyond mediocrity? Nobody knows. Can he? Hell yes. Can he while being in a Schotty run offense? Hell no.

Unfortunately we will not have a real answer for some time.

He will light up the Chiefs today though. :)

:wild::superman:

Jason when it comes to the playoffs Sanchez has really played well. I was very annoyed that the Jets and Rex, who is a known Gambler on defense, decided to just try and sit on a lead. if the kid was playing erraticly and we scored on big plays on defense I could understand but he was playing well and we should have tried to do more. So this should not be put on Sanchez like some are trying to argue.

Every coach does it though, especially when they don't have a top QB and/or have the equity built up from winning championships before. In this very thread there's another conversation going on about how TOmlin did it just last year and was almost burned. And he's won a SB + has a QB that's 100x better then ours. McCarthy used to do it alot until Rodgers proved he was a top guy. Garret pulled a Herm just last week cause he was afraid romo would blow it, just like Herm was afraid Chad would. It's hard to take chances when you are that close to winning a big game cause the media will slay you if it doesn't work out. The roar is a lot duller when the nuts shrivel up and they go conservative. Can you image if we were p 17-3 or whatever and kept throw and Sanchez threw 2 pick sixes? A lot more people would have a lot stronger feelings about this strategy..

btw.. i'm the same way just in playing cards. If I'm up big I begin better smaller to not risk losing what I've already won. When I'm losing I bet bigger to catch up. This is usually the worst possible strategy, but is human nature.

Chan just stop man. If Sanchez moves the ball and we score and he plays well, dont build in excuses man, thats just silly and you know it. Every QB wants to exploit a tired defense Im not sure wtf you want Sanchez to do. You say my football philosophy is out dated but your QB only philosophy is a bit over the top.

No, what I'm saying is that if we do basically nothing until late in the third and then ring up a few TD's that make sanchez's complete game stats look "good", I'm not going to pretend I didn't see the first half ineptness when the D wasn't tired

Every coach does it though, especially when they don't have a top QB and/or have the equity built up from winning championships before. In this very thread there's another conversation going on about how TOmlin did it just last year and was almost burned. And he's won a SB + has a QB that's 100x better then ours. McCarthy used to do it alot until Rodgers proved he was a top guy. Garret pulled a Herm just last week cause he was afraid romo would blow it, just like Herm was afraid Chad would. It's hard to take chances when you are that close to winning a big game cause the media will slay you if it doesn't work out. The roar is a lot duller when the nuts shrivel up and they go conservative. Can you image if we were p 17-3 or whatever and kept throw and Sanchez threw 2 pick sixes? A lot more people would have a lot stronger feelings about this strategy..

btw.. i'm the same way just in playing cards. If I'm up big I begin better smaller to risk losing what I've already won. When I'm losing I bet bigger to catch up. This is usually the worst possible strategy, but is human nature.

Well Tomlins defense steps up a lot they have for years vs top QB's. I can to some extent understand why Rex might want to get conservative with a rookie at the helm in the AFCCG but man the Colts defense was there for the taking and our staff didnt recognise it and sink the Dagger. What they did by getting conservative was put more pressure on the defense and Manning ate it up. But of course Manning didnt really play too well because our defense was tired :P for those of you not following, that last sentence was a joke.

Its amazing the little details the Sanchez haters convieniently leave out.

You mean like Sanchez only having an 8 yard pass to do with an 75 or so yard drive for 7 points in that 17 point lead you keep ranting about? You say you weren't talking to Chan, but I'm the one that brought this up and I never said I hated him or want to replace him. I like Sanchez, but he frustrates me. I think difference in success or failure in the majority of plays stems from Sanchez not Schottenheimer.

Of course he is. But I think the entire offense needs correcting.

I am not sure of that. Sheesh, Schotts variation of WC system is so basic you would think it would be easy to excel. Slants, sideline patterns, passes to RB, screens, short pass to TE, run run run. High % offense but look what he does with it. I think they keep it dumbed down because he just cant get it. Stare stare stare stare throw to dbl coverage circus catch, incomplete / int. Stare stare stare stare throw to dbl coverage circus catch, incomplete / int. Do they even call a deep pattern more than 2x a game??? How can you establish a run game with this lack of respect to the passing game? Anyway. I will agree to disagree with you while hoping you are right. Enjoy the game today.

Of course he is. But I think the entire offense needs correcting.

Smash there are a lot of QB's who just never get better. most of them, in fact. It's too early to say that coaching/experience is going to make it click somehow

Still a disheartening game to recall. Braylon went wild after the game because the offense went into a shell. I dont know if that was Rex or Schottenheimer, but they went into protect mode in the second quarter. Colts had deficiencies on the outside and they didnt even try after the first quarter. Greene getting injured didnt help matters any but the Jets took a gamble and lost. Manning's history had always been if he does nothing in the first half in the playoffs he gets flustered and loses. If that defense stopped him at the end of the second quarter I still believe the Jets would have won with or without Sanchez. Rex had to know that drive was the game and his guys couldnt get it done. Critical stops were the one achilles heel of what was a pretty great defense that year, but I still wonder if it never would have come to that if we had been more aggressive offensively instead of trying to just hold on to a lead for 3 quarters.

You are quite possiblty the best poster on this site, but I have to agree with Aten (he's mean!). This is kind of a bullsh*t narrative. You say they went into a shell after the first quarter? They didn't even score in the 1st quarter. All the points came in the 2nd. I agree the biggest failure was what happened after the fumble at the end of the 2nd. Rex tried to run out the clock, force the Colts to use their timeouts and was content with a field goal. They ended up giving up a TD losing momentum going into half time. It may not have been that way if they didn't start that drive with a false. That kind of took running for a first down off the table.

After the Jets bomb to Braylon Edwards the next drive had 4 runs, a Brad Smith pass (that was the huge gainer), and two throws from Sanchez.

Indy then handed them the ball around their own 30 yard line and it was time for the kill. Rex went into a total shell thinking a FG ended the game. Thomas Jones Run. Thomas Jones Run. Thomas Jones run then a FG. The drive gained -1 net yards. After Manning scored the TD the Jets had the ball with a minute left and just ran it out.

They began the second half up 17-13. Everything was short except for one deeper chance to Clowney. Those weaknesses are on the outside of the Colts D, not the interior. They had a chance to go for the kill and didnt even try in that game. They put way too much faith in the defense and gave Manning no credit at all. Sanchez was 5 of 7 for 124 yards and 2 TDs in the first half. Smith was 1 of 1 for 45 yards. They could pass and had success doing it. But they were way too fearful of turning it over with Sanchez rather than thinking they still had to outscore Manning.

Eh. I described most of my points above, but dance with the girl that brung ya. Sanchez opening it up hadn't won them much in 2009. I think the false start killed the drive after the fumble and Rex thought they could go in up 17-6. He was wrong. Greene was killing them until he got hurt and the D looked much worse after Strickland went down, so it's possible that they were counting on doing things and weren't able to with the available personnel.

Smash there are a lot of QB's who just never get better. most of them, in fact. It's too early to say that coaching/experience is going to make it click somehow

Chan I dont need a history lesson on the NFL to know when QB's are just not cut out for the NFL. I played a lot of football and I watched a lot of football probably a hell of a lot more than the people Im arguing with and Sanchez is just not one of those QB's he will continue to get better and I do think he needs a fresh coaching perspective.

Moore stepped in and Plax joined the team and all of a sudden the Jets are The best team in the NFL in the RedZone Why is that ? They brought Moore in for that very reason and Plax as well. I think If we get a top RB who can be a duel threat that will help Sanchez game by leaps and bounds and you will see Completion percentage go up and the Jets will sustain more drives. I would love to see the Jets go get a guy Like Matt Forte so defenses can just key on our situational RB situation. Greenes in = run most of the time , LT is in = pass most of the time. predictability is NOT your friend. If LT was the Old LT you might see a difference but hes not hes the old broken down LT. Get Sanchez some weapons and a new coach and you will see him steadily get better over next season by a large margin.

Now Im off to watch the game :P

You are quite possiblty the best poster on this site, but I have to agree with Aten (he's mean!). This is kind of a bullsh*t narrative. You say they went into a shell after the first quarter? They didn't even score in the 1st quarter. All the points came in the 2nd. I agree the biggest failure was what happened after the fumble at the end of the 2nd. Rex tried to run out the clock, force the Colts to use their timeouts and was content with a field goal. They ended up giving up a TD losing momentum going into half time. It may not have been that way if they didn't start that drive with a false. That kind of took running for a first down off the table.

Eh. I described most of my points above, but dance with the girl that brung ya. Sanchez opening it up hadn't won them much in 2009. I think the false start killed the drive after the fumble and Rex thought they could go in up 17-6. He was wrong. Greene was killing them until he got hurt and the D looked much worse after Strickland went down, so it's possible that they were counting on doing things and weren't able to with the available personnel.

Yeah I had the quarter wrong in the first post. I think my overall point is when you are going with a strategy to play to win a game 17-13 and you lose 30-17 you cant turn around and put the blame on the QB for not beating up a bad defense. Hes not being asked to do that. He was asked to throw the ball 7 times and he completed 5 of them- two for TDs. The defense didnt hold up their end of the bargain. Thats how they played the game. It had nothing to do with Sanchez in the game itself. A different QB would have meant a different gameplan, but Sanchez did what was asked in that one

Yeah I had the quarter wrong in the first post. I think my overall point is when you are going with a strategy to play to win a game 17-13 and you lose 30-17 you cant turn around and put the blame on the QB for not beating up a bad defense. Hes not being asked to do that. He was asked to throw the ball 7 times and he completed 5 of them- two for TDs. The defense didnt hold up their end of the bargain. Thats how they played the game. It had nothing to do with Sanchez in the game itself. A different QB would have meant a different gameplan, but Sanchez did what was asked in that one

I don't think anybody is actually blaming Sanchez for the loss, but when people start putting that game up as proof that he can carry a team you are going to see push back. It's hard to give Sanchez too much credit when they were shut out in the 2nd half and scored 17 points - 7 after a 50 yard pass by Brad Smith and 3 after a fumble recovery (did they hit that fg or miss?)

Yeah I had the quarter wrong in the first post. I think my overall point is when you are going with a strategy to play to win a game 17-13 and you lose 30-17 you cant turn around and put the blame on the QB for not beating up a bad defense.

Right. If only we had gone with the 76-point game plan instead of the 17-point game plan.

Archived