Sanchez's problems are correctable.

BroadwayJ667

See i think what he was saying is that the difference between Brady 2007 and Rodgers 2011 is well beyond our ability to unequivocally quantify, and all we're left with is opinion, man... And he'd be right, in my opinion

Bit much. Might have got me to swing at this one otherwise.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loose bowel movements are correctable too. It doesn't mean you should be happy about having diarrhea though.

Kind of envy the ape here, everything can be expressed in terms of sh*tting. Life must be pretty simple that way

Smash, can you give me a breakdown of your thoughts on Tebow?

I think Tebow will be figured out. Hes a terrible passer, and the only way I think he does well in the future is if they make some drastic changes in his release and his mechanics in general. His head is in the right place and you know he will work his a$$ off, but he can't sustain what hes currently doing. Teams have played up on him and he has beat them deep so I think once teams just start playing him straight up or stop falling asleep, like Revis said, his good fortune will run out. He can not sustain what hes doing into another season its not possible in the NFL.

It would be a lot more productive if you clowns would stop trying to impress one another by insulting other posters opinions because they differ with yours. Im very happy some of you have an amazing grasp on the english language but that is not what wins football arguements. Isulting people is an immature way of saying humm that person made a half decent arguement how can I continue to grief him how can I continue to get laughs out of my like minded immature friends ? Grow up .

How does going to the AFCCG 2 years in a row and playing at a very high level in the playoffs while out playing both Manning and Brady equate to the tebow arguement ? Come on Vic.

No. You come on. You're argument is "clutch and he just wins". That's exactly Tim Tebow. You can't point to any statistical evidence that most agree on to be indicators of good QB play (don't bring up Manning his comp % and Td to pick ratio was already far better) so you go back to things like clutch, leader, poise, and wins.

Mexican. Tim. Tebow.

It would be a lot more productive if you clowns would stop trying to impress one another by insulting other posters opinions because they differ with yours. Im very happy some of you have an amazing grasp on the english language but that is not what wins football arguements. Isulting people is an immature way of saying humm that person made a half decent arguement how can I continue to grief him how can I continue to get laughs out of my like minded immature friends ? Grow up .

i blame jif

I think you mistake your arguments to be "decent". It's glaringly obvious you hold onto the ensepid idea of "hope" while others continue to analyze and break down real life things like #'s.

I'm sure people hoping the economy gets better will fix it. Same concept.

Things That Don't Win Football Arguments

1. Numbers

2. Words

No. You come on. You're argument is "clutch and he just wins". That's exactly Tim Tebow. You can't point to any statistical evidence that most agree on to be indicators of good QB play (don't bring up Manning his comp % and Td to pick ratio was already far better) so you go back to things like clutch, leader, poise, and wins.

Mexican. Tim. Tebow.

I'll tell you what, your superstar stat man Manning has 1 Superbowl and has sh*t the bed in numerous playoff games, Including the SB a few years ago, would you rather Sanchez put up incredible stats so you can sit here and kiss his a$$ while he fails every year in the playoffs ? So if Manning has failed in the playoffs so many times does that point to the fact he totally sucks in the clutch ? Does it point to the fact he totally fails vs playoff caliber defenses ? Sorry man but Sanchez has done a fine job and will continue to improve. The view of QB's on this message board is if your not in the top five you suck, have no chance at improving and you should be replaced 2 years 12 games is enough !! REPLACE

I'll tell you what, your superstar stat man Manning has 1 Superbowl and has sh*t the bed in numerous playoff games, Including the SB a few years ago, would you rather Sanchez put up incredible stats so you can sit here and kiss his a$$ while he fails every year in the playoffs ? So if Manning has failed in the playoffs so many times does that point to the fact he totally sucks in the clutch ? Does it point to the fact he totally fails vs playoff caliber defenses ? Sorry man but Sanchez has done a fine job and will continue to improve. The view of QB's on this message board is if your not in the top five you suck, have no chance at improving and you should be replaced 2 years 12 games is enough !! REPLACE

lightbulb-on.jpg

I think you mistake your arguments to be "decent". It's glaringly obvious you hold onto the ensepid idea of "hope" while others continue to analyze and break down real life things like #'s.

I'm sure people hoping the economy gets better will fix it. Same concept.

I made arguements with real life things such as numbers Vic and the arguements made perfect sense but it just got pushed aside or twisted. There is no way for any of us to win the arguement its all opinion right now as to weather Sanchez moves forward or back as his carerr moves on .

Peyton Manning had one very good year in his first 5 seasons. The rest of those years were nothing special and he had the label of a happy footed choker. In his 5th year (since you need numbers) he had 27 Td's and 15 Ints very similar to where Sanchez is on pace this year. That year in the playoffs Peyton Manning was not only Shut out by the Jets but he Threw for 137 yards and 2 Ints. If Manning played for the Jets all the QB haters on this board would be ripping him apart but they refuse to acknowledge that fact . Did Manning Improve from those early years ? Yes he did. Sanchez already has shown the ability to play clutch he now has to get more consistent and stop the stupid plays which comes with growth in the NFL if you want to dismiss this second fact fine. But at that point I have to ask are you just arguing to piss the other side off or have you just flushed your QB in the toilet because you know he cant get better ? Once sh*tty is the hell out of this town I think you will see a much different situation at QB and the entire offense in general.

I made arguements with real life things such as numbers Vic and the arguements made perfect sense but it just got pushed aside or twisted. There is no way for any of us to win the arguement its all opinion right now as to weather Sanchez moves forward or back as his carerr moves on .

Peyton Manning had one very good year in his first 5 seasons. The rest of those years were nothing special and he had the label of a happy footed choker. In his 5th year (since you need numbers) he had 27 Td's and 15 Ints very similar to where Sanchez is on pace this year. That year in the playoffs Peyton Manning was not only Shut out by the Jets but he Threw for 137 yards and 2 Ints. If Manning played for the Jets all the QB haters on this board would be ripping him apart but they refuse to acknowledge that fact . Did Manning Improve from those early years ? Yes he did. Sanchez already has shown the ability to play clutch he now has to get more consistent and stop the stupid plays which comes with growth in the NFL if you want to dismiss this second fact fine. But at that point I have to ask are you just arguing to piss the other side off or have you just flushed your QB in the toilet because you know he cant get better ? Once sh*tty is the hell out of this town I think you will see a much different situation at QB and the entire offense in general.

smash i know i've brought up several times why using td/int % to grade a qb is folly, i'm sure others have as well, what are your thoughts on it. Sanchez's y/a is 6.6, tied for 25/26 in league. Manning was 6.5 as a rookie (6.6 would've been 17th) and then jumped to 7.8 his second year and stayed there. What are your thoughts here, and please don't mention schotty

My view is he's bottom third. So Marino sucked too then?

Completion. Percentage.

smash i know i've brought up several times why using td/int % to grade a qb is folly, i'm sure others have as well, what are your thoughts on it. Sanchez's y/a is 6.6, tied for 25/26 in league. Manning was 6.5 as a rookie (6.6 would've been 17th) and then jumped to 7.8 his second year and stayed there. What are your thoughts here, and please don't mention schotty

Chan whats going on this year with the Jets offense goes beyond the QB position sorry but its not just about Sanchez. Early in the year there was NO WAY for this team to attack Deep down the field to open up the offense because we didnt have the time nor do we have a true deep threat. Even if we did have a deep threat if you cant protect the QB long enough for plays to develop you can not throw deep or even intermediate routes.

Teams loaded up the pressure up front and forced Sanchez into bad throws and created issues with him stepping up into the pocket. The Jets did NOT adjust to this and Defenses kept throwing it at us. You have to bring Shotty into the arguement because of that issue alone. Not only were they getting pressure on Sanchez but they were jumping routes as well. You bundle all this up with the fact he had 3 new WR's on offense and a CBA Shortend offseason and the issue compounds. Not only that but we do not have a dynamic back field like some teams do. They can lean on their RB's to make plays out of the back field and nullify the rush with Screens and designed plays for the RB's and the Jets did NOT do this early, they just kept doing the same predictable crap over and over.

I find it maddening how the Sanchez bashers cant see this. Late in the season the Jets started using some Screens and caught defenses over persuing and I ask where the fcuk was this in the beginning of the year ? It would have worked nicely when the Ravens were sending the kitchen sick after Sanchez but we kept dropping him back to get absolutely hammered. Now you ask why his yards per pass are not higher ? I say were lucky he didnt throw 25 INT's in the situations he was dealing with.

I know you asked not to blame Shotty but I do and I think the guy is the worst OC i have ever seen in all my years watching football. Once this guy is gone I guarantee you see a big improvement in Sanchez, I think he needs a new perspective because I dont think Shotty has any clue at all.

My view is he's bottom third. So Marino sucked too then?

Ive been through all this already Marino was a great QB but I dont put him up there with guys like Montana, Elway, Brady, or even Bradshaw because those guys were big time in the playoffs an have multiple SB wins and in a lot of those wins they had to take their teams on thier back to win .

See this is typical non acknowledgelment of a decent arguement.

No, it's really not. Comparing 2 QB's based primarily on TD/INT does not hold water. Mark Sanchez has thrown 405 passes this season, you are endless pointing to 30 of them.. What about the other 375? He's not been a good QB. Period

No, it's really not. Comparing 2 QB's based primarily on TD/INT does not hold water. Mark Sanchez has thrown 405 passes this season, you are endless pointing to 30 of them.. What about the other 375? He's not been a good QB. Period

Oh well fine then. How about all these wins and stuff!!!!

Archived