Sanchez's problems are correctable.

BroadwayJ667

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You do realize that calling your own arguments "decent" doesn't actually add any credibility to them, right?

NO EY I dont ride a high horse, like you do. I dont claim all my arguements are great or correct. I also do not attack people with idiotic jokes and insults to make my point or to get a laugh. All I ask for is a decent debate and thats becoming more and more impossible on these forums.

NO EY I dont ride a high horse, like you do. I dont claim all my arguements are great or correct. I also do not attack people with idiotic jokes and insults to make my point or to get a laugh. All I ask for is a decent debate and thats becoming more and more impossible on these forums.

You really need to grow up, man.

Do you ever have anything to add to the discussion other than smart a$$ remarks ?

Its really funny to me that you guys think your so hilarious when in fact your making complete morons of yourselves.

I actually think they're making morons of you. It is pretty funny.

It's not even that I think Sanchez won't work in the long run....it's that your arguments are inconsistent and generAlly not well thought out. For that you get to get trounced...Really it's just message board fodder anyway..

It's not even that I think Sanchez won't work in the long run....it's that your arguments are inconsistent and generAlly not well thought out. Really it's just message board fodder anyway..

He's consistent with:

1. Mark Sanchez is magic

2. Brian Shottenheimer is the worst OC ever.

He's consistent with:

1. Mark Sanchez is magic

never said Sanchez was magic, sorry

2. Brian Shottenheimer is the worst OC ever.

yes Shottenheimer is crap

Sanchez is Magic perfect example of posters twisting my words.

And Gato of course you will come in here and take sides you suck up to Shotty more than anyone so I expected it.

It's not even that I think Sanchez won't work in the long run....it's that your arguments are inconsistent and generAlly not well thought out. For that you get to get trounced...Really it's just message board fodder anyway..

Is there 2 of me or more ? if you agree with real arguements fine, if you think the childish crap is making a morons out of me then your looking for some type of gratification from the Internet bullys who have probably beaten you down a few times its all to common on this site and a good reason why some have moved on.

whats really funny is that "they" are not making "morons" of smashmouth,"they" are making "morons" of themselves,imo

Is there 2 of me or more ? if you agree with real arguements fine, if you think the childish crap is making a morons out of me then your looking for some type of gratification from the Internet bullys who have probably beaten you down a few times its all to common on this site and a good reason why some have moved on.

Yeah none of these guys have laid a smack down on me...Not since very early posting days (you'd have to go back to "I have no change" or whatever from JI) anyway. For the most part I'm either left to my crazy or I hold my own...there's even moments where I've admitted being off somewhere. sh*t happens.

The problem is your arguments aren't strong. You yourself can't call them anymore than decent.

That plus numbers don't like your argument..and you're not finding strong numbers that do.

your biggest mistake was to come to this board and expect conversation from these guys.you are only going to get argument from them.nomatter how well thought out and accurate your ideas are,you are wrong and are the moron because they are smarter than you.their keyboard skills and knowledge of the english language proves that.by the way,i agree with you on this matter.its the truth.these guys know it,but they are addicted to being keyboard chumps and cant help themselves.if you are looking for intelligent conversation,you are talking to the wrong guys

whats really funny is that "they" are not making "morons" of smashmouth,"they" are making "morons" of themselves,imo

It's just a good ol cyber bullying session like back in the day before this stuff was news worthy. All that has to happen is Smash doesnt kill himself (literally since his arguments...).

i dunno, i don't think the pack mentality thing is cool, but the only thing that makes this fun is busting each others balls. That being said, it's clear it bothers smash so maybe time to lay off a bit.

In reality, Smash, you don't know that it's all Schotty's fault, how could you, you don't breakdown tape, you don't even have access to camera angles that would allow you to do so, and you have no idea why a play fails. And on the other side, Sanchez is outperforming the eggheads projections to some degree and is young and has shown the potential to be a decent qb some day. It's all silly, really. We're all just aholes with an opinion that if it was worth anything we'd probably wouldn't be spending so much time debating it with other knuckleheads. The only thing we all know and agree upon is that Chad Pennington sucks and has always sucked.

i dunno, i don't think the pack mentality thing is cool, but the only thing that makes this fun is busting each others balls. That being said, it's clear it bothers smash so maybe time to lay off a bit.

In reality, Smash, you don't know that it's all Schotty's fault, how could you, you don't breakdown tape, you don't even have access to camera angles that would allow you to do so, and you have no idea why a play fails. And on the other side, Sanchez is outperforming the eggheads projections to some degree and is young and has shown the potential to be a decent qb some day. It's all silly, really. We're all just aholes with an opinion that if it was worth anything we'd probably wouldn't be spending so much time debating it with other knuckleheads. The only thing we all know and agree up is that Chad Pennington sucks and has always sucked.

That's nice. Did you copy it from a Hallmark card, Nancy?

Kleck I didnt mean to direct the suck comment at you and when talking about suck i simply pointed out what I percieve suck to be . Now that thats out of the way....

In My post it clearly states that Sanchez had a bad first half vs Pittsburgh but when he did get the hot hand and was bringing us back into the game the Defense really did not get the important stop . I fully understand Sanchez was part to blame for being down 24-0 but a lot of QB's have bad halves in playoff games or regular season games as well. Something changes for the Jets in the second half and honestly none of us can really put our finger on why Sanchez wakes up in the second half or the 4th quarter but thats been the trend. You would think by now Slopenheimer whould have figured that out and incorporated it into the first half of games. maybe try some no huddle Mixed in. Im not saying hurry up Im saying NO HUDDLE there is a difference and you can run the ball in No huddle so we can still pound away. Just a suggestion.

When you mention Shonn Greene playing QB in the Red Zone thats just a complete IDIOTIC call by Shottenheimer Greene is not known for his hands which makes the call doubley stupid. Weather it worked or not its just ignorant if you ask me.

Back to the playoffs Sanchez gave us more in the playoffs his rookie year and last year than any of us expected and the strength of the team "the Defense" did not come through. When players like Elway had "the Drive" and Montana had "the Catch" thier defenses got stops at the end to make that possible. You need championship play on both sides of the ball to win SB's but when you have a rookie or 2nd year QB you expect the defense to step up. Getting a stop on Pittsburgh on 3rd and 7 (I think thats what it was) to give our offense the ball back was not too much to ask of the defense since so many playoff caliber defenses get those type of stops and holding a 17-6 lead Is really not too much to ask of our defense. So in the way we call Sanchez clutch we can call our Defense Chokers its almost like they are the opposite of Sanchez. Where is the Clutch from this defense ? They are like the superstar QB who cant win the big one.

Also the Steelers were not playing a bend dont break defense aganist us they were right up in our face. The Steelers dont play prevent. If They were playing bend dont break why Did our drive in the 4th quarter take like 7 minutes off the clock ? We had to fight our way down the field. What bothered me about that drive other than the fact Shotty sh*t the bed by the goal line with stupid calls what bothered me was that we were down by 2 TD's and were not in the hurry up we were losing 15 to 20 seconds on each play by huddling up and burned up a lot of the 4th quarter while I sat there Screaming why were we not in no huddle down 2 TD;s with 10 min to play in the AFCCG. WTF this is not rocket science.

Our team failed In every aspect in both Championship games Offense, Defense and especially coaching and what drives me nuts is on Jet Nation that always = bad QB.

Refresh my memory how many points this big letdown of a defense surrendered in the 2nd half, and how many points they gave up all game long for that matter.

It seems to me that with Sanchez it is only acceptable for our defense to pitch shutouts or, at worst, let up a single digits to the oppoenent. Any more than that and his pole-smokers say that they suck and prevented the greatness that is Mark Sanchez from bringing us otherwise assured victory.

Refresh my memory how many points this big letdown of a defense surrendered in the 2nd half, and how many points they gave up all game long for that matter.

It seems to me that with Sanchez it is only acceptable for our defense to pitch shutouts or, at worst, let up a single digits to the oppoenent. Any more than that and his pole-smokers say that they suck and prevented the greatness that is Mark Sanchez from bringing us otherwise assured victory.

Sperm teams are in those situations all the time, you expect your defense to make the stop and give your team a chance to win. Its funny because alot of guys said if Sanchez just plays smart mistake free football we will be fine because this team rolls with the defense yet when we really needed the defense to step up in big situations, no matter what they did the entire game, they never seem to do it. 95 yard drives by Tebow seem to continue to prove that point. You can have the number one defense in the NFL but in a close game in the playoffs it might come down to one big stop, great defenses make that stop. Sanchez played well enough in both AFCCG's to win if our defense would have stepped up.

By you saying they prevented the greatness that is Mark Sanchez all your doing is over exaggerating. I never said the kid was great and I never expected him to play as well as he did in the playoffs, but he did. Do I expet greatnes from him in the future ? yep I do

"How" "do" you "figure"?

There are ways to discuss topics without being mean and cruel like some people. I dont care if you disagree with me 100 times just do it with class and not like a child and you will gain a hell of a lot more respect. I dont understand why people have to be such pricks when it comes to debate about a freakin game. Its not in me to be mean, so I guess its something I will never understand. But I certainly wont back down from it. Im not sure what some people are trying to compensate for. Maybe they got beat up a lot in the school yard its now they get their revenge behind a keyboard. Who knows

Sanchez played well enough in both AFCCG's to win if our defense would have stepped up.

By you saying they prevented the greatness that is Mark Sanchez all your doing is over exaggerating.

Your argument doesn't need to be exaggerated because it's already outlandish. Whenever somebody says that a guy 'played well enough to win,' the one thing you know for sure is that he lost.

Your argument doesn't need to be exaggerated because it's already outlandish. Whenever somebody says that a guy 'played well enough to win,' the one thing you know for sure is that he lost.

So taking the Jets to a 17-6 lead vs the Colts as a rookie means nothing and watching the Defense get steam rolled after that just gets a pass ? That to me is whats outlandish Aten. I think we were fortunate enough to have him play that good in the first half. I expected the number 1 defense in the NFL to step up.

So taking the Jets to a 17-6 lead vs the Colts as a rookie means nothing and watching the Defense get steam rolled after that just gets a pass ? That to me is whats outlandish Aten. I think we were fortunate enough to have him play that good in the first half. I expected the number 1 defense in the NFL to step up.

Sanchez completed 56% of his passes, threw a pick, and led us to zero points in the second half. But since we had a lead at one point that somehow means he played great and the defense blew it.

. The only thing we all know and agree upon is that Chad Pennington sucks and has always sucked.

Chan you know whats Funny when I made the arguement way back that Pennington had a good completion percentage which means he was getting the ball to his playmakers that I felt were pretty weak compared to other skill players in the league it was laughed at by the same people who are now using that same arguement to say Look at Peytons Completion percentage when I make the point his first 5 years were not much different than Sanchez. So Peyton was at 62 % and Sanchez is at 56 % what a tremendous difference. Why does everyone ignore the fact that Peyton choked for a while in this league in the playoffs until year 8 ? And he was terrible his first 5 years in the playoffs

The Jets do not use their backs much which helps to raise a QB's completion percentage. Brees completes around 150 to 175 pasess per year to his RB's the Jets are lucky to get 80 - 90 you dont think that makes a huge difference in Completion percentage ? 75 + passes ??? Peyton had Edgerin James who caught 62 balls a year you dont think that helped just a little ? Sanchez first year we had no real pass catching RB's and in year 2 we had LT now we have a broken down LT and Shonn Greene do we need to discuss his receiving abilities ? Shottys offense does not even have many designed plays for RB we barely run screens . We just dont have the talent in place like some other teams . You yourself hate SG

Sanchez completed 56% of his passes, threw a pick, and led us to zero points in the second half. But since we had a lead at one point that somehow means he played great and the defense blew it.

Did I actully say he played great ? No I said he played good and got us to a 17-6 lead that I didnt expect our great defense to give up in the Colts next 3 posessions. Didnt you feel lucky at that point a rookie even got us in that position ? What was going through your head at that moment ?

Did I actully say he played great ? No I said he played good and got us to a 17-6 lead that I didnt expect our great defense to give up in the Colts next 3 posessions. Didnt you feel lucky at that point a rookie even got us in that position ? What was going through your head at that moment ?

That those would be the last points we'd score and that they wouldn't be enough.

It's just a good ol cyber bullying session like back in the day before this stuff was news worthy. All that has to happen is Smash doesnt kill himself (literally since his arguments...).

its ok to be objective,just dont be a complete dickhead about it.not pointed towards you

Archived