Sanchez's problems are correctable.

BroadwayJ667

Did I actully say he played great ? No I said he played good and got us to a 17-6 lead that I didnt expect our great defense to give up in the Colts next 3 posessions. Didnt you feel lucky at that point a rookie even got us in that position ? What was going through your head at that moment ?

Weren't almost half those points scored as a result of a 50 yard pass by Brad Smith out of the wildcat?

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pennington stinks, when you can't attack the whole field you give less field for defenses to protect, which results in playmakers boxed in.

Yeah its like being in red zone mode the whole game which is very difficult to do for long drives for a whole game. Whats crazy is that we are in that same awful offense now and I cant understand why. Sanchez may not be great but he can sling the ball down the field if he has to. I know the line isnt great but for the most part they play well enough as long as Hunter doesnt get matched up with a big time rusher. I just dont get it. You have a kid who was an ok downfield guy as a rookie, an above average one in his second year, and now he is one of the worst in the NFL.

Yeah its like being in red zone mode the whole game which is very difficult to do for long drives for a whole game. Whats crazy is that we are in that same awful offense now and I cant understand why. Sanchez may not be great but he can sling the ball down the field if he has to. I know the line isnt great but for the most part they play well enough as long as Hunter doesnt get matched up with a big time rusher. I just dont get it. You have a kid who was an ok downfield guy as a rookie, an above average one in his second year, and now he is one of the worst in the NFL.

it's rex... sanchez was a league leader in YPC... rex wants a conservative offense and i think has drilled it into sanchez

So taking the Jets to a 17-6 lead vs the Colts as a rookie means nothing and watching the Defense get steam rolled after that just gets a pass ? That to me is whats outlandish Aten. I think we were fortunate enough to have him play that good in the first half. I expected the number 1 defense in the NFL to step up.

Still a disheartening game to recall. Braylon went wild after the game because the offense went into a shell. I dont know if that was Rex or Schottenheimer, but they went into protect mode in the second quarter. Colts had deficiencies on the outside and they didnt even try after the first quarter. Greene getting injured didnt help matters any but the Jets took a gamble and lost. Manning's history had always been if he does nothing in the first half in the playoffs he gets flustered and loses. If that defense stopped him at the end of the second quarter I still believe the Jets would have won with or without Sanchez. Rex had to know that drive was the game and his guys couldnt get it done. Critical stops were the one achilles heel of what was a pretty great defense that year, but I still wonder if it never would have come to that if we had been more aggressive offensively instead of trying to just hold on to a lead for 3 quarters.

it's rex... sanchez was a league leader in YPC... rex wants a conservative offense and i think has drilled it into sanchez

If that is the team approach then they should consider ending the experiment now. Its fine against bad teams like the Redskins, but there is no way over a 16 game season that you can win playing dink and dunk with a QB as inaccurate as Sanchez. It just doesnt fit.

Still a disheartening game to recall. Braylon went wild after the game because the offense went into a shell. I dont know if that was Rex or Schottenheimer, but they went into protect mode in the second quarter. Colts had deficiencies on the outside and they didnt even try after the first quarter. Greene getting injured didnt help matters any but the Jets took a gamble and lost. Manning's history had always been if he does nothing in the first half in the playoffs he gets flustered and loses. If that defense stopped him at the end of the second quarter I still believe the Jets would have won with or without Sanchez. Rex had to know that drive was the game and his guys couldnt get it done. Critical stops were the one achilles heel of what was a pretty great defense that year, but I still wonder if it never would have come to that if we had been more aggressive offensively instead of trying to just hold on to a lead for 3 quarters.

This is all bullsh*t narrative. The defense got beat by a great quarterback. Sanchez did nothing against an awful defense.

Sanchez completed 56% of his passes, threw a pick, and led us to zero points in the second half. But since we had a lead at one point that somehow means he played great and the defense blew it.

I think I have it now.

17 points is playing "well enough" to outscore undefeated NFL MVP Peyton Manning in Indy.

A year later 17 points (really a net of 15 when you factor in the safety) is inexcusable for the defense to surrender vs Pittsburgh.

0 points and a turnover in the 2nd half for Sanchez vs Indy isn't an example of Sanchez collapsing.

Negative 2 points surrendered in the 2nd half in Pittsburgh is an example of the defense collapsing.

The two missed TD passes from Pittsburgh's 1 - including a batted pass due to his usual staring down of his target - is not an example of Sanchez choking and he is therefore absolved for the offense scoring no points on the drive.

The defense that picked up 2 points via safety right after the offense failed to score on that possession is far more to blame for the Jets not outscoring Pittsburgh.

The Jets defense surrendered a net of 15 points when you factor in the safety. They sucked.

Sanchez and the net 10 points that the offense scored (factoring in Sanchez spotting Pittsburgh 7) has the defense to blame for him not being a hero.

I think I have it now.

17 points is playing "well enough" to outscore undefeated NFL MVP Peyton Manning in Indy.

A year later 17 points (really a net of 15 when you factor in the safety) is inexcusable for the defense to surrender vs Pittsburgh.

0 points in the 2nd half for Sanchez isn't an example of Sanchez collapsing. Negative 2 points surrendered in the 2nd half in Pittsburgh is an example of the defense collapsing. The two missed TD passes from Pittsburgh's 1 - including a batted pass due to his usual staring down of his target - is not an example of Sanchez choking and he is therefore absolved for the offense scoring no points on the drive. The defense that picked up 2 points via safety right after the offense failed to score on that possession is far more to blame for the Jets not outscoring Pittsburgh.

The Jets defense surrendered a net of 15 points when you factor in the safety. They sucked.

Sanchez and the net 10 points that the offense scored (factoring in Sanchez spotting Pittsburgh 7) has the defense to blame for him not being a hero.

Say what you want about the offense in the Pittsburgh game, but the defense in the first half was horrible. They were arm tackling and could not get off the field. They could not get out of their own way.

To try and spin that the defense had a good day in Pittsburgh would be a huge misrepresentation

Shonn Green behind center with the Jets one play away from ending the game.

Nice vote of confidence for Sanchez.

I really like Rex as the HC.Who can argue that the team has been much better with him at the wheel but I would be willing to bet he wishes he could have that 1st round pick back.

Someone please pull this thread up again in 2-3 yrs when Sanchez is in training camp somewhere trying to stick as a back up.

Say what you want about the offense in the Pittsburgh game, but the defense in the first half was horrible. They were arm tackling and could not get off the field. They could not get out of their own way.

To try and spin that the defense had a good day in Pittsburgh would be a huge misrepresentation

I didn't say that. You are rewording what I wrote, which is itself a huge misrepresentation and a clever tactic if it is not called out.

They let up 17 points in the first half and looked like they didn't know how to tackle. Consider, though, that Pittsburgh was actually trying to score points also and got some absurd calls, non-calls, and first down spots. By game's end, the defense had let up a net of 15 points. On balance, that isn't unreasonable to give up even with 17 points in the first half. It doesn't mean they had a good day all day and I didn't say so as you well know.

Here are the net point totals Roethlisberger's Steelers scored at home that year:

17 (vs Jets)

15 is less than awful. As bad as the 17-point first half was, it wouldn't have been nearly as bad if our offense could score a TD and not surrender one of their own. 24-3 is a world of difference compared to 17-10. Would the defense be considered better if they gave up 10 points in the first half and 10 points in the second half?

Roethlisberger had thrown 1 pick in his last 8 games. The defense picked him off twice.

They played some bad football in the first half but certainly no worse than the offense played. They also balanced it out with great play in the 2nd half.

I'm commenting as to the nitpicky hindsight of one play on defense and absolving of multiple plays minutes prior on offense. It wasn't even the picking on the first-half defense, which is justifiable. It was picking on the 2nd half defense as being this major letdown. The defense did more than anyone could reasonably expect in the 2nd half. It's not as though we were playing the 2000 Browns. Pittsburgh's first-string offense actually put points on the board pretty regularly that season.

But what made the insinuation so outlandish, is that it essentially credits Sanchez with winning the ballgame when he still would have had to score another TD without much time left on the clock and without any timeouts. It is entirely possible - if not likely - that we don't score an at-will touchdown against the NFL's #1 defense with little time to do it in. It is convenient to forget that scoring a TD - with no time constraints - is what the offense failed to do on 2 of the prior 3 possessions.

I didn't say that. You are rewording what I wrote, which is itself a huge misrepresentation and a clever tactic if it is not called out.

They let up 17 points in the first half and looked like they didn't know how to tackle. Consider, though, that Pittsburgh was actually trying to score points also and got some absurd calls, non-calls, and first down spots. By game's end, the defense had let up a net of 15 points. On balance, that isn't unreasonable to give up even with 17 points in the first half. It doesn't mean they had a good day all day and I didn't say so as you well know.

Here are the net point totals Roethlisberger's Steelers scored at home that year:

17 (vs Jets)

15 is less than awful. As bad as the 17-point first half was, it wouldn't have been nearly as bad if our offense could score a TD and not surrender one of their own. 24-3 is a world of difference compared to 17-10. Would the defense be considered better if they gave up 10 points in the first half and 10 points in the second half?

Roethlisberger had thrown 1 pick in his last 8 games. The defense picked him off twice.

They played some bad football in the first half but certainly no worse than the offense played. They also balanced it out with great play in the 2nd half.

I'm commenting as to the nitpicky hindsight of one play on defense and absolving of multiple plays minutes prior on offense. It wasn't even the picking on the first-half defense, which is justifiable. It was picking on the 2nd half defense as being this major letdown. The defense did more than anyone could reasonably expect in the 2nd half. It's not as though we were playing the 2000 Browns. Pittsburgh's first-string offense actually put points on the board pretty regularly that season.

But what made the insinuation so outlandish, is that it essentially credits Sanchez with winning the ballgame when he still would have had to score another TD without much time left on the clock and without any timeouts. It is entirely possible - if not likely - that we don't score an at-will touchdown against the NFL's #1 defense with little time to do it in. It is convenient to forget that scoring a TD - with no time constraints - is what the offense failed to do on 2 of the prior 3 possessions.

That Pittsburgh had such a huge first half, certainly has to be given reason that they did not "attack" as much in the 2nd half. They seemed content in nursing a lead, allowing the Jets to do no better than chunks of yardage at a time eating pace.

To look at the 2nd half in a vacuum, without context of the entire game is faulty reasoning. Even for you. And you know this.

I think I have it now.

0 points and a turnover in the 2nd half for Sanchez vs Indy isn't an example of Sanchez collapsing.

Negative 2 points surrendered in the 2nd half in Pittsburgh is an example of the defense collapsing.

The two missed TD passes from Pittsburgh's 1 - including a batted pass due to his usual staring down of his target - is not an example of Sanchez choking and he is therefore absolved for the offense scoring no points on the drive.

The defense that picked up 2 points via safety right after the offense failed to score on that possession is far more to blame for the Jets not outscoring Pittsburgh.

Ouch.

This is all bullsh*t narrative. The defense got beat by a great quarterback. Sanchez did nothing against an awful defense.

After the Jets bomb to Braylon Edwards the next drive had 4 runs, a Brad Smith pass (that was the huge gainer), and two throws from Sanchez.

Indy then handed them the ball around their own 30 yard line and it was time for the kill. Rex went into a total shell thinking a FG ended the game. Thomas Jones Run. Thomas Jones Run. Thomas Jones run then a FG. The drive gained -1 net yards. After Manning scored the TD the Jets had the ball with a minute left and just ran it out.

They began the second half up 17-13. Everything was short except for one deeper chance to Clowney. Those weaknesses are on the outside of the Colts D, not the interior. They had a chance to go for the kill and didnt even try in that game. They put way too much faith in the defense and gave Manning no credit at all. Sanchez was 5 of 7 for 124 yards and 2 TDs in the first half. Smith was 1 of 1 for 45 yards. They could pass and had success doing it. But they were way too fearful of turning it over with Sanchez rather than thinking they still had to outscore Manning.

That Pittsburgh had such a huge first half, certainly has to be given reason that they did not "attack" as much in the 2nd half. They seemed content in nursing a lead, allowing the Jets to do no better than chunks of yardage at a time eating pace.

To look at the 2nd half in a vacuum, without context of the entire game is faulty reasoning. Even for you. And you know this.

But it exists on both sides. Pitts went to sleep up 24-3 at half time. That's the only reason the defense shut them down and Sanchez did anything on offense. I think tha' SE's point however. To talk about the end score of that game is silly, except as a warning to a team like Pitts to be more like the Pats/Colts/Saints and never take thier foot off an opponents neck

Exactly and I think a big killer was also losing Strickland on defense because he was having a pretty good game early on. Why the Jets stopped attacking and got conservative is anyones guess but your right it falls more on the coaching staff than Sanchez.

I think I have it now.

Your just going pull out any old crap to point at Sanchez how do you stare down Receivers at the 1 yard line ? Its been discussed over and over that those calls at the goalline were DUMB yet your going to point the finger at Sanchez ? What was it 1st and goal at the 2 (not sure on the position) ? we were running the ball well and decided to throw the football ? So we abandon any common sense as a coaching staff and the fans blame the QB ? Sorry but I disagree with the constant blame on the QB when the play calling is just wrong

Shonn Green behind center with the Jets one play away from ending the game.

Nice vote of confidence for Sanchez.

I really like Rex as the HC.Who can argue that the team has been much better with him at the wheel but I would be willing to bet he wishes he could have that 1st round pick back.

Someone please pull this thread up again in 2-3 yrs when Sanchez is in training camp somewhere trying to stick as a back up.

Has nothing to do with confidence at all that was a DUMB call . You think one call dictates how they feel about Sanchez when hes going to be QB again on the next play and the remaining 100 5 of the plays in the game ? Stop making this arguement it makes no sense Klek

After the Jets bomb to Braylon Edwards the next drive had 4 runs, a Brad Smith pass (that was the huge gainer), and two throws from Sanchez.

Indy then handed them the ball around their own 30 yard line and it was time for the kill. Rex went into a total shell thinking a FG ended the game. Thomas Jones Run. Thomas Jones Run. Thomas Jones run then a FG. The drive gained -1 net yards. After Manning scored the TD the Jets had the ball with a minute left and just ran it out.

They began the second half up 17-13. Everything was short except for one deeper chance to Clowney. Those weaknesses are on the outside of the Colts D, not the interior. They had a chance to go for the kill and didnt even try in that game. They put way too much faith in the defense and gave Manning no credit at all. Sanchez was 5 of 7 for 124 yards and 2 TDs in the first half. Smith was 1 of 1 for 45 yards. They could pass and had success doing it. But they were way too fearful of turning it over with Sanchez rather than thinking they still had to outscore Manning.

Its amazing the little details the Sanchez haters convieniently leave out.

Its amazing the little details the Sanchez haters convieniently leave out.

See you're doing the same thing that you cry about Jif and others doing to you. I'm pretty certain nobody hates sanchez or have said they hate him

See you're doing the same thing that you cry about Jif and others doing to you. I'm pretty certain nobody hates sanchez or have said they hate him

Chan I was not speaking for you so you dont have to be the Spokesman. When I see people who have constantly said HE SUCKS and some have blatently mentioned they hate him and want him out, I call it like I see it. If your not a Sanchez hater thats fine, but dont say people dont hate him when they have said those exact words themselves. Some have even dismissed the good chance for improvement and thats what sets me off.

Yet, I've never actually said "hate", so the word is still your fabrication.

But, do I think he's THE reason we're not a serious contender, despite the other problems on this team? Absolutely.

you're obsessive negative reactions are as unreasonable as obsessive positive reactions. just more annoying

Yet, I've never actually said "hate", so the word is still your fabrication.

But, do I think he's THE reason we're not a serious contender, despite the other problems on this team? Absolutely.

Its not a fabrication I have seen others use the word EY when I first said it I was not specificly pointing at you was I ?

Its not a fabrication I have seen others use the word EY when I first said it I was not specificly pointing at you was I ?

Perhaps you weren't, but you gave up the, "I wasn't talking about you" argument the moment you quoted me and basically said, "SEE CHAN".

Archived