Mafia theme ideas

AVM

We've done this a couple times before, but I figured I'd throw this out there for folks to gauge interest on different theme ideas.

Personally, I've toyed with ideas for a DBZ game (which I don't think theres enough interest for, but geez it'd be epic), a Walking Dead theme (this wouldn't go til summer and I'd want to do it much like BSG and prevent spoilers), and one I call Gangsters paradise.

What's everyone else working on? (fingers crossed for Star Wars II and Wrestlemania II!)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've done this a couple times before, but I figured I'd throw this out there for folks to gauge interest on different theme ideas.

Personally, I've toyed with ideas for a DBZ game (which I don't think theres enough interest for, but geez it'd be epic), a Walking Dead theme (this wouldn't go til summer and I'd want to do it much like BSG and prevent spoilers), and one I call Gangsters paradise.

What's everyone else working on? (fingers crossed for Star Wars II and Wrestlemania II!)

I need more star wars.

untitled.jpg

Every player will have the opportunity to trade "vote points" for role actions.

For instance, say you would like to Track someone. You would trade 1 vote point for that information.

Then, each day, when the number of votes needed to lynch is posted, you alone will know that it takes one less vote to lynch you.

There will be lots of roles to choose from.

I'll need players for at least these roles:

1. Keyser Soze

2. Kobayashi

3. Dean Keaton

4. Verbal Kent

5. Todd Hockney

6. Michael McManus

7. Fred Fenster

8. Redfoot

9. Arkosh Kovash

10. Dave Kujan

11. Jack Baer

12. Edie Finnerman

13. Argentinian Gangster

14. Argentinian Gangster

15. Argentinian Gangster

16. Hungarian Gangster

17. Hungarian Gangster

18. Hungarian Gangster

But I can squeeze in up to 6 more player.

Cool DPR.

I'm still working out the kinks for capture the flag.

The idea is four 4 man teams in a 17 man game. The 17th player, being the flag. Teams will have actions to find the flag and then they need to protect it from other teams who will have actions to steal the flag back. Last team with the flag, wins. I'm getting caught in a couple of spots...but think I'll work it out. Havent looked it recently.

untitled.jpg

Every player will have the opportunity to trade "vote points" for role actions.

For instance, say you would like to Track someone. You would trade 1 vote point for that information.

Then, each day, when the number of votes needed to lynch is posted, you alone will know that it takes one less vote to lynch you.

There will be lots of roles to choose from.

Run it.

I like the vote points games, its fun!

How many votes does it cost to make u unlynchable and bulletproof?

Haha... joking aside. I've played in one of DPR's vote point games, its pretty cool. Hope he runs it. I'll still vote for him.... just to see if he'll give us another horrific reveal.

Haha... joking aside. I've played in one of DPR's vote point games, its pretty cool. Hope he runs it. I'll still vote for him.... just to see if he'll give us another horrific reveal.

you do realize that you won't be able to buy enough vests to protect yourself form 1/2 the game buying a vig shot to take you out on N1?

That's my stratergy going in, not going to lie

you do realize that you won't be able to buy enough vests to protect yourself form 1/2 the game buying a vig shot to take you out on N1?

That's my stratergy going in, not going to lie

Game probably won't last a whole phase then. I plan to do the same thing to you, Pac and/or JIF.

I'll probably never get around to modding this idea so I'll just tell you about it, but I read this book by Dan Simmons, The Terror, a few years back and always thought that it would work so well in a mafia game....Instead of explaining it myself this is from wiki....

The Terror is the name of a 2007 novel by American author Dan Simmons. The novel is a fictionalized account of Captain Sir John Franklin's lost expedition of HMS Erebus and HMS Terror to the Arctic to force the Northwest Passage in 1845 - 1848. In the novel, while Franklin and his crew are plagued by starvation and scurvy and forced to contend with mutiny and cannibalism, they are stalked across the bleak Arctic landscape by a monster.

The characters featured in The Terror are almost all actual members of Franklin's crew, whose unexplained disappearance has warranted a great deal of speculation. The main characters in the novel include Sir John Franklin, commander of the expedition and captain of Erebus, CaptainFrancis Crozier, captain of Terror, Dr Harry D.S Goodsir, and Captain James Fitzjames.

In the final chapters of the book, Simmons explores and uses various aspects of Eskimo mythology to explain the existence of the monster (called the Tuunbaq) as a mythological creature made flesh, as well as its reasons for stalking and preying on the men of the Franklin Expedition.

The Terror was nominated for the British Fantasy Award in 2008.

...Ok so there's also an eskimo woman that they find while trapped on the ice. The entire book you're trying to figure out if she's a witch or not...because she doesn't speak.

So the idea would be a reverse type game in terms of flavor. "Scum" would be the Captains. "Town" would be the crew who slowly go mad one by one with scurvy... and then with mutiny on their minds. Add in the Snow Monster, "Tuunbaq" that is stalking the crew and the eskimo women who is either a good or bad omen.

simmons-the_terror.jpg

I'll probably never get around to modding this idea so I'll just tell you about it, but I read this book by Dan Simmons, The Terror, a few years back and always thought that it would work so well in a mafia game....Instead of explaining it myself this is from wiki....

The Terror is the name of a 2007 novel by American author Dan Simmons. The novel is a fictionalized account of Captain Sir John Franklin's lost expedition of HMS Erebus and HMS Terror to the Arctic to force the Northwest Passage in 1845 - 1848. In the novel, while Franklin and his crew are plagued by starvation and scurvy and forced to contend with mutiny and cannibalism, they are stalked across the bleak Arctic landscape by a monster.

The characters featured in The Terror are almost all actual members of Franklin's crew, whose unexplained disappearance has warranted a great deal of speculation. The main characters in the novel include Sir John Franklin, commander of the expedition and captain of Erebus, CaptainFrancis Crozier, captain of Terror, Dr Harry D.S Goodsir, and Captain James Fitzjames.

In the final chapters of the book, Simmons explores and uses various aspects of Eskimo mythology to explain the existence of the monster (called the Tuunbaq) as a mythological creature made flesh, as well as its reasons for stalking and preying on the men of the Franklin Expedition.

The Terror was nominated for the British Fantasy Award in 2008.

...Ok so there's also an eskimo woman that they find while trapped on the ice. The entire book you're trying to figure out if she's a witch or not...because she doesn't speak.

So the idea would be a reverse type game in terms of flavor. "Scum" would be the Captains. "Town" would be the crew who slowly go mad one by one with scurvy... and then with mutiny on their minds. Add in the Snow Monster, "Tuunbaq" that is stalking the crew and the eskimo women who is either a good or bad omen.

simmons-the_terror.jpg

Loooove this book. Dan Simmons is da man.

Game probably won't last a whole phase then. I plan to do the same thing to you, Pac and/or JIF.

oh man, i got lynched by that muttonhead dpr, when I had just acquired 3 NK's in the last game i played over there.

I would buy as many kills as I could and take out you, pac and MessStation, in that order

Loooove this book. Dan Simmons is da man.

Tbh I own more of his books then I've read however Carrion Comfort and Song for Kali were awesome too! But The Terror is one of my all time favorites. I used to be a huge used book store enthusiast before they all closed. I'd gobble up any author's books that I liked. So I have a long list of books to read...INCLUDING yours which I bought what this summer? I will get to it!!! :) It sticks out on the shelf as it's taller and wider than the other books.

Btw are you on goodreads?

Tbh I own more of his books then I've read however Carrion Comfort and Song for Kali were awesome too! But The Terror is one of my all time favorites. I used to be a huge used book store enthusiast before they all closed. I'd gobble up any author's books that I liked. So I have a long list of books to read...INCLUDING yours which I bought what this summer? I will get to it!!! :) It sticks out on the shelf as it's taller and wider than the other paperbacks.

how many of these books have you read while flying down our nations highways?

Tbh I own more of his books then I've read however Carrion Comfort and Song for Kali were awesome too! But The Terror is one of my all time favorites. I used to be a huge used book store enthusiast before they all closed. I'd gobble up any author's books that I liked. So I have a long list of books to read...INCLUDING yours which I bought what this summer? I will get to it!!! :) It sticks out on the shelf as it's taller and wider than the other books.

Btw are you on goodreads?

I am on goodreads - Miles Boothe

Carrion Comfort and Song For Kali are classics - great, great stuff!

Oh man, both of these ideas are awesome.

7 samurai would have to be huge. I'd like it to be the opposite that the samurai are "scum" killing off the bandits. Otherwise it'd have to be the 7 littered about the town trying to kill off a bandit team. I'm open to ideas.

Another idea I have is The Stand.

Just finished reading the first two books of Hunger Games... once I finish the 3rd I want to develop a theme out of it.

Thought 4 sure you were going to design a game around a$$ rape...

btw, the cumhunters are going to beat you, you've tempted fate with your bragging

Archived