Padres Trade Latos......

JonEJet

The Padres fleeced the Reds on this deal for sure. That's the story here, not how a former Red Sox farmhand is impacted. The Padres will be able to trade Rizzo now and get a good value in return too.

Think the Sawx will trade AGone for him?

Do you think Jed will trade for him in Chi-town?

The guy is worth a bag of used baseballs.....and he was the key piece in the AGone deal

Absolutely disgusting how that deal was allowed

Think the Sawx will trade AGone for him?

Do you think Jed will trade for him in Chi-town?

The guy is worth a bag of used baseballs.....and he was the key piece in the AGone deal

Absolutely disgusting how that deal was allowed

You're a pro scout now? 26 Homers, 101 RBIs and an OPS over 1.000 in AAA last season. #75 rated prospect in all of baseball last season. Not to mention the Padres also got Casey Kelly and another solid prospect.

This is a pointless argument to have because you always go quiet when you don't have a solid answer about what the Padres could have done differently. They got a great package for a player they couldn't afford to re-sign and were going to lose in the offseason anyway.

Buster_ESPN Buster Olney

Talked with some evaluators: There is an expectation that Padres will look to trade Anthony Rizzo.

What a sham....deal should be revoked

Blah blah blah.

You have yet to present a valid trade scenario for Gonzalez.

And if the new Padre regime favors another prospect so be it. As CC said, Rizzo is 22 with many years ahead of him....for the Cubs.

^^ Yeah first thing I thought was that the Cubs should swoop in on whoever SD doesn't use at 1B between Alonso and Rizzo. I wasn't a big fan of Rizzo based on his scouting reports, but he looked much better than I expected when I saw him play. It'd give us that much more money to spend on Justin Upton come the time...YA KNOW!?!?!

Archived