Game Thread: New York Jets vs Philadelphia Eagles

Maxman

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That will look so good on Plaxico's résumé when he shops himself to the Eagles next Spring.

yea I don't want that guy back TS-we have had a receiving corps that has been nothing but trouble this year-man I told you that we should have re-signed Braylon Edwards-he was grateful to be a Jet every day-look at what we have had this year Mason and Plax with Holmes the whole crew was poisoned this year-who knows maybe they will be the ones thought that finally get us rid of Schitty

I think the point is that the Jets idiotic faith in these particular individuals is the reason for the lack of alternatives. There's nothing they can do about that right now granted, but they've had their chances to do something about in the past, and just failed to do so. RT you can at least argue they've tried and failed to address over the past couple of years, but the rest of the positions not so much.

I really don't agree with that. Honestly, we've traded so many picks, given so many big contracts, that you end up with holes. For us, it was at S and RT. I'm sure they'd upgrade your boy Smith in a heartbeat if the opportunity presented itself, but they were too concerned with the top of the roster that the team is completely lopsided.

yea I don't want that guy back TS-we have had a receiving corps that has been nothing but trouble this year-man I told you that we should have re-signed Braylon Edwards-he was grateful to be a Jet every day-look at what we have had this year Mason and Plax with Holmes the whole crew was poisoned this year-who knows maybe they will be the ones thought that finally get us rid of Schitty

If not for Plax, we'd be a 4 or 5 win team this year.

I strongly disagree.

He is literally THE reason for our redzone success. Match-up nightmare down there. Has made some huge plays for this team. Not consistently helping us on every play, but big part of our extremely limited offensive successes this year.

He is literally THE reason for our redzone success. Match-up nightmare down there. Has made some huge plays for this team. Not consistently helping us on every play, but big part of our extremely limited offensive successes this year.

It's the same thing as when Holmes was out to start last year and they were winning those games. Yet Holmes came back and made some huge plays yet they were initally losing games. I think it's too hard to say but mostly if not Plex there's another player, a different call, a different philosophy. How many times has Sanchez try to force balls to him and how many times were they on the wrong page. I agree Plex has come up big a couple times this year but for every big catch how many times would it work if you had someone else running the correct, sharper route. He takes plays off and practices too...so I think it works itself out to be more even than anything else.

It's the same thing as when Holmes was out to start last year and they were winning those games. Yet Holmes came back and made some huge plays yet they were initally losing games. I think it's too hard to say but mostly if not Plex there's another player, a different call, a different philosophy. How many times has Sanchez try to force balls to him and how many times were they on the wrong page. I agree Plex has come up big a couple times this year but for every big catch how many times would it work if you had someone else running the correct, sharper route. He takes plays off and practices too...so I think it works itself out to be more even than anything else.

I'm talking specifically about the red zone success, and getting the ball to Plax and creating match-up nightmares. There's a lot of ways to win games. But this year, that portion of the game has sky rocketted while a lot of other things have dropped off, including the defense. I don't see anything to suggest we'd be as good in the redzone without a long armed 6'5 receiver who's made a career of being a threat there. We couldn't do it with Braylon.

I'm talking specifically about the red zone success, and getting the ball to Plax and creating match-up nightmares. There's a lot of ways to win games. But this year, that portion of the game has sky rocketted while a lot of other things have dropped off, including the defense. I don't see anything to suggest we'd be as good in the redzone without a long armed 6'5 receiver who's made a career of being a threat there. We couldn't do it with Braylon.

Well, Holmes has as many touchdowns as Plex and he's 5'10 and Welker has 2 more than both of them at 5'8. If they spend the 3M elsewhere and rebuild the right side of the line and get a RB to catch out of the backfield and a second TE I won't shed a tear if they don't resign him.

Wow do I feel stupid. I actually thought the NYJ could win today.

Defense?? What a freakin nightmare. This team looked like a Herm Edwards coached team today.

They are going nowhere with this dumbed down playbook / gameplan trying not to expose Sanchez. As time goes on I hate the pick more and more.

On a brighter note, any chance Wilkerson can get DROY? He is the real deal.

Archived