Someone Needs To Get In Holmes' Face

Darth Vader

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if yelling at players automatically made them play better, this thread would make sense

santonio holmes knows he f--ked up, he doesn't need someone to yell at him.

No he doesnt.

Holmes was reminded of Bills receiver Stevie Johnson's taunting post-touchdown celebration against the Jets, when he mocked Plaxico Burress ' self-shooting incident. Any consideration of just handing the ball to the referee?

"Nope. Not at all," he replied.

Oh please when he scored that TD no one jumped up and got a sudden burst of hope with still a whole other half to play and the ball first in the second half?

After his first quarter he was very excited and yes it was dumb but it didn't do any harm.

Yes he fumbled, but let's be real here the guy took TWO great hits getting spun around before he could even wrap the ball up.

The INT was ugly, but in the end it's one pass he dropped that just happened to bounce a bad way.

This guy is our best player and he makes big plays and is always there when we need him.

4 consecutive games he has scored a TD, and last year won us about 4 games on catch and runs.

He knows he had a bad game, but the blame needs to not put on only him.

We had a chance to win that game, if we score after cromarties opening kickoff in the second half or our defense at least stops the Eagles from going 85+ yards after we got stopped then it's a game. The eagles offense was too much to handle today.

Holy bag of excuses batman. The guy was single-handedly responsible for a point swing of anywhere from 10 to 28 points, depending on how generous you feel like being in cutting Holmes a break. That penalty was one of the single dumbest things I have ever seen out of player, and it gave great field position to an already leading team, and he was just lucky the defense got a turnover to keep him from being responsible for screwing over this team any more than he already did.

The guy is a complete a$$hole and one of the most horrendously inconsistent players imaginable and because of that, ridiculously overrated. People get so enamored with what he's capable of, but he's shown that he only plays up to that level when he feels like it. This guy and way too many other Jets players and coaches don't deserve 1/10th of the excuses that constantly get made for them, by both the fans and the team. It's about time some of these absolute losers are held accountable for their actions.

if yelling at players automatically made them play better, this thread would make sense

Bit, I honestly don't think he does.

If that TD put the Jets up 28-7, it would only be immature. Considering the score it was embarrassing. Holmes has no sense of accountability. That's why, with all his talent, he is no longer on Pittsburgh.

His talent just isn't worth dealing with him.

Actually...no, he didn't. He did the lebron chalk celbration AFTER he caught the game winning TD and wasn't even flagged for it.

I believe what smash was referring to is when that dipsh*t was too busy doing a first down celebration during their game-winning drive to get lined up while his team was trying to run the hurry-up. He's a special kind of moron.

I wouldn't bet on that. He clearly hasn't learned better in 6 years and has proven time and again he's an absolute idiot. But hey, at least he didn't run directly into the back one of his teammate blocking for him in order to fumble this time, so I guess that is an improvement.

Actually...no, he didn't. He did the lebron chalk celbration AFTER he caught the game winning TD and wasn't even flagged for it.

No.... Costas showed the video before the final TD the Steelers were driving, Santonio caught the last two passes. On the next to last pass the Steelers were rushing up the field to spike the ball and Santonio got up after being tackled and jogged into the endzone celebrating his first down like a complete idiot. Hes as dumb as they come . Its actions like this, and his inconsistency, that got him run out of Pittsburgh. These are the reasons I dont like the guy as a player or a person because hes a selfish bitch whos riding the SB MVP to a 50 million dollar contract he does not deserve. I find it funny people on this board had this joke of a player ranked in the top 10 of WR's.

Hey Bit I have to ask.... What do you think when Santonio gets a first down and the Ref is standing right next to him trying to spot the football and Santonio drops the football right in his face ? I have seen numerous refs get annoyed with him when he does this and there is no reason for it to be honest. This guy shows no respect to them and then he cries for calls. Do you see the problem here ? Is it so hard for Santonio to put this together ? He is a bad reflection on the team and he acts like hes above both the refs and the game itself. Im waiting for the league to contact the Jets and tell them the next time this guy does this your getting a delay of game penalty.

I wonder if all you haters have any idea how bad this offense would be without Holmes...

I think we would be doing fine with any solid consistent WR in place of Holmes. Im only a hater because of the stupid things he does and the lack of respect he exibits. Add his inconsistency to that and it makes it that much worse. I think the guy plays like a pussy and I also think hes a dumb player as well. He is also paid #1 WR money and hes a very low end #1 or #2. I have a very good idea how good this offense would be without him. Early in preseason I suggested keeping Braylon and Signing Lance Moore and I think we would have been MUCH better off at WR Imagine Braylon, Plax, with Moore in the slot teaching a young Kerley now that would have been a damn good WR corp.

I wonder if all you haters have any idea how bad this offense would be without Holmes...

It's not that tough to figure out, considering the long stretches he completely disappears for. The guy's got all the potential in the world, but he's lazy, sloppy and an absolute moron. I mean, don't get me wrong, he's no Eric Smith, but at least that complete loser actually tries before he inevitably fails.

Santonio is a head case but has paid dividens already last year. you have to stop blaming the WRs and QB. Its the Olines fault, mainly Mike Ts because Hunter is a lifer backup not a starter. While Mike is usually a very good GM this is his weakness. Its the second time he left his QB out to dry by not providing adequate depth. This is Jacob Bender part deux. Nothing goes without and Oline NOTHING....Shonn Greene has gotten roasted by some, but again....not on him.....its on the front office. Mike screwed up by taking Vlad Ducasse who was a reach at best. How do you give him a high grade? The kid came from a gloried high school program for God sakes....UMASS????

He's not exactly having a good year.

He completely changes how a defense approaches the Jets. Without him, we'd be worse than we already are...the pound and ground wouldnt be possible without Holmes on the outside. He constantly demands a double team and thats why he's not having a great year. Too many times a game he Sanchez misses him streaking wide open. Sanchez doesnt know how throw players open...thats the type of QB Holmes needs.

That said, the TD he threw to him, might be the best ball he's ever thrown. Finally placed it over the defender and led him. If he could do that consistently...wow...he's be a threat.

I give Smash a lot of sh*t about Holmes...but he was partially right, Holmes getting doubled all game isnt good...but where he was wrong, is it mostly Mark's fault. Holmes has beat the double many times but Mark is too scared to throw it. But he's not the type of WR you cant just chuck it to him and make something happen. That and Mark doesnt know the game well enough to realize where to go with the ball if Holmes is doubled.

He completely changes how a defense approaches the Jets. Without him, we'd be worse than we already are...the pound and ground wouldnt be possible without Holmes on the outside. He constantly demands a double team and thats why he's not having a great year. Too many times a game he Sanchez misses him streaking wide open. Sanchez doesnt know how throw players open...thats the type of QB Holmes needs.

That said, the TD he threw to him, might be the best ball he's ever thrown. Finally placed it over the defender and led him. If he could do that consistently...wow...he's be a threat.

I give Smash a lot of sh*t about Holmes...but he was partially right, Holmes getting doubled all game isnt good...but where he was wrong, is it mostly Mark's fault. Holmes has beat the double many times but Mark is too scared to throw it. But he's not the type of WR you cant just chuck it to him and make something happen. That and Mark doesnt know the game well enough to realize where to go with the ball if Holmes is doubled.

Every decent team has a WR that "completely changes how the other team approaches them" Holmes just doesnt create that many problems as other true #1's do.

It's not that tough to figure out, considering the long stretches he completely disappears for. The guy's got all the potential in the world, but he's lazy, sloppy and an absolute moron. I mean, don't get me wrong, he's no Eric Smith, but at least that complete loser actually tries before he inevitably fails.

He disappears because he gets doubled every single game and we dont have a QB who knows how to throw a WR open out of a double team. Its pretty easy to see. That and we dont have a QB that finds him half the time he's open...and we dont have a OL protecting long enough for it to happen.

Holmes is fine. He had a bad game along with everyone else on the team.

Every decent team has a WR that "completely changes how the other team approaches them" Holmes just doesnt create that many problems as other true #1's do.

Sure he does...we just dont have a QB that can take advantage of it.

I mean, he's not going to go up and out jump a double team ala Megatron, but the guy does exactly what you want from a player that takes the top off a defense. Our offense/QB cant capitalize on it.

Sure he does...we just dont have a QB that can take advantage of it.

I mean, he's not going to go up and out jump a double team ala Megatron, but the guy does exactly what you want from a player that takes the top off a defense. Our offense/QB cant capitalize on it.

Holmes doesn't take the top off of a defense. He's undersized and doesnt have great speed. When he wants to run his routes, he's really good. But most of the time he's sloppy and just lazy.

He was never a burner.

The Jets haven't been a ground and pound team since 2009, when Holmes was on PIttsburgh. At that time they were 1st in the NFL in rushing, when that other guy from Pittburgh, Alan Faneca, was still on the Jets. All we had on the outside at the beginning of the year were Cotchery, David Clowney, Keller and Brad Smith.

We don't need this clown, and the Steelers are laughing their asses off from the hills of Pittsburgh. They basically cut him and we made him a captain. What a huge difference.

All I know is if Holmes had as few chances yesterday as Plax, he would bitching and crying and pouting all friggin week.

And why don't we throw to plax more? If Holmes is always double teamed as some of you say, Plax would be open EVERY PLAY>

Santonio Holmes is ranked #57 in receiving this year. #57. He has roughly 600yds to his credit. He costs 50 million dollars and acts like a complete jackass. He single-handedly buried the team in the first quarter with very bad plays that resulted in a point swing as big as 21 points. Then he danced for the cameras and cost us 15 yards. How on Earth is anyone defending this lousy prick?

Santonio Holmes is ranked #57 in receiving this year. #57. He has roughly 600yds to his credit. He costs 50 million dollars and acts like a complete jackass. He single-handedly buried the team in the first quarter with very bad plays that resulted in a point swing as big as 21 points. Then he danced for the cameras and cost us 15 yards. How on Earth is anyone defending this lousy prick?

Its sad really. When I think of the money we guaranteed this idiot it makes me sick to my stomach. Hes like the Cromartie of offensive players. Just plain dumb.

Hey Bit I have to ask.... What do you think when Santonio gets a first down and the Ref is standing right next to him trying to spot the football and Santonio drops the football right in his face ? I have seen numerous refs get annoyed with him when he does this and there is no reason for it to be honest. This guy shows no respect to them and then he cries for calls. Do you see the problem here ? Is it so hard for Santonio to put this together ? He is a bad reflection on the team and he acts like hes above both the refs and the game itself. Im waiting for the league to contact the Jets and tell them the next time this guy does this your getting a delay of game penalty.

This is a good question and I have seen it as well.

first off Santonio isn't the only WR in the league to do the drop thing after 1st down. Alot of guys do it. It is still legal. The refs have to pick it up, it's their job.

one difference between high school/college and the pros, is that the pros are not expected to pick up the ball and give it to the refs. It's like in Major League baseball how they have to wear stirrup pants and when they get to the show, they almost all wear long pants. It's a rite of passage. the drop the football thing is a logical extension of that freedom. If the league outlaws it then he will have to stop. but if you are a high school guy and you try that move the refs will eat your lunch. They say to the players, what do you think you are a pro? well Santonio is a pro and with that comes certain freedoms. celebration is way more lenient in the pros.

all that being said I don't really care what Santonio does after the catch. What I care about is that he doesn't fumble/Defensive TD and he doesn't drop pass/interception. We have threads about Hunter, Smith, Schotty etc but really the 1 player that screwed them yesterday was Santonio Holmes.

I am conflicted. I have enjoyed the ride to the last 2 AFCCG's. On the other hand, we have signed players like Holmes who are very difficult to like and support. We have a coach that simply cannot keep his big yap shut. To hear him run his mouth again today after his precious defense was trashed yesterday, and to hear him defend the performance and actions of "Captain Santonio" is enough to make me puke. Our OL has regressed significantly, as have our special teams and safety position. This team is very difficult to like anymore.

Archived