I Don't Even Want To See Us Make The Playoffs This Year

SoFlaJets

with as bad as this team is-I think I'd rather have the higher draft slots-we might just lose out and end up as the .500 team that I have said all year that we are-I mean really-we lost this one and the Giants are gonna kill us next week and if Sanchez even makes it to the Miami game the way they are playing now, well they're better than we are 8-8 might get us where in the draft 18-22?

Come on Jimmy. No different than the teams from the past two years. We were never as good as Rex, the media and homers stated.

Anything can happen if we get in.

You think Denver fans want to miss the play-offs because they are getting blown out today?

GS-we all can see it-we've known it since September-this isn't our year-we have glaring weaknesses that have cost us the season and an OC that is either unable or unwilling (refuses to utilize the hurry up to take the heat off the QB and sub-par OL) )to make the QB and his offense better. Wayne Hunter, Vlad Ducasse, Eric Smith, Jim Leonhard, Brodney Pool, and again no pass rush-a disinterested receiving corps and another draft class that barely contributes...

Come on Jimmy. No different than the teams from the past two years. We were never as good as Rex, the media and homers stated.

You think Denver fans want to miss the play-offs because they are getting blown out today?

34-23 still a game...

The Jets flat out sucked today and haven't really looked good this season. Bash on their crappy play all you want.

IMO you all suck as fans if you don't want us in the playoffs. ;) I'd rather win a championship after a crappy regular season then steamroll to the playoffs and lose. Once you are in anything can happen.

The Jets flat out sucked today and haven't really looked good this season. Bash on their crappy play all you want.

IMO you all suck as fans if you don't want us in the playoffs. ;) I'd rather win a championship after a crappy regular season then steamroll to the playoffs and lose. Once you are in anything can happen.

Can, but won't.

Even if we don't win the Super Bowl, I still want to be in the playoffs.

What if this whole season has left us with feelings of little more than indifference towards their playoff run?

What if this whole season has left us with feelings of little more than indifference towards their playoff run?

If you are a fan and don't want to make the play-offs that is bizarre. Possibly you take more enjoyment out of ripping the team.

This isn't the Yankees where any team shortcomings are immediately resolved.

I'd rather see us not make it and see us get some players that can contribute next April-it doesn't matter what I do or don't want to see because I have no control-"anything can happen" really? from what you've seen this season do you really in your heart believe we can beat NE or ANY team with a half way decent pass rusher or well ANY TE that can catch a pass? I've seen too many football games to try and fool myself into thinking that this is a Super Bowl team of destiny-it just isn't and any HONEST to himself Jets fan knows that I'm right

If you are a fan and don't want to make the play-offs that is bizarre. Possibly you take more enjoyment out of ripping the team.

This isn't the Yankees where any team shortcomings are immediately resolved.

Personally, I want the team to win the Super Bowl this year.

But, we've got one win against a winning team this year, and it was a miracle based on getting dominated all game followed by a collapse by the other team. The indifference comes in when I watch these games and realize the team just isn't good.

I'd rather see us not make it and see us get some players that can contribute next April-it doesn't matter what I do or don't want to see because I have no control-"anything can happen" really? from what you've seen this season do you really in your heart believe we can beat NE or ANY team with a half way decent pass rusher or well ANY TE that can catch a pass? I've seen too many football games to try and fool myself into thinking that this is a Super Bowl team of destiny-it just isn't and any HONEST to himself Jets fan knows that I'm right

How would making the playoffs preclude us from getting players that can help us?

We were pretty good last year; that was our shot to win and they blew it. The year before last, they got lucky playing soft teams in Cincy and SD.

How would making the playoffs preclude us from getting players that can help us?

that would mean we would have a better record than the 8-8 or at best 9-7 record that we will have-I'm talking about draft position 8-0-8-8 gets us around what, 18,19,20,21? 10-6 puts us in the mid 20's and that no-man's land where all the good players that we all want will probably be gone

A better way of saying this is, I want the team to be good.

Individual wins and losses tend to work themselves out when the team is good.

I don't believe the Jets are a good team, and their level of play demonstrates this weekly. So I don't really have a lot of concern about the playoffs because I haven't seen anything to suggest that the Jets would win there... Their struggles to get there kind of demonstrate that too.

We were pretty good last year; that was our shot to win and they blew it. The year before last, they got lucky playing soft teams in Cincy and SD.

Eh...last year we needed some major gifts in the Denver, Cleveland, Detroit and Houston games during the regular season. We followed that in round one of the play-offs by having the Colts HC do his best Norv Turner impression.

Last years team was better but was by no means a power house.

funny thing is the Jets just need to squeak into the playoffs and this sets up just like last year. If they can find a way into the playoffs they go on the road to Hou (who lost to Carolina today) and then on the road to NE (see 2010).

As hard as it is to believe there is a very real possibility that we have a rematch of last year's AFC championship game at Pit.

Personally, I want the team to win the Super Bowl this year.

But, we've got one win against a winning team this year, and it was a miracle based on getting dominated all game followed by a collapse by the other team. The indifference comes in when I watch these games and realize the team just isn't good.

A better way of saying this is, I want the team to be good.

Individual wins and losses tend to work themselves out when the team is good.

I don't believe the Jets are a good team, and their level of play demonstrates this weekly. So I don't really have a lot of concern about the playoffs because I haven't seen anything to suggest that the Jets would win there... Their struggles to get there kind of demonstrate that too.

All this. Of course I want them to make the playoffs, win the SB, and all that...but there isnt a chance in hell that happens.

I'm really fine with it too. No biggie. Whatever. Nothing new. SOJ.

I knew we'd lose this game but the Eagles exposed the Jets. The Jets are slow. Really slow.

We suck. Don't worry.

Nobody shows up looking unprepared like the Jets do.

They've looked like one of the most poorly coached teams in the league this year, and I think when they do pull their heads out of their asses and win a game... its usually because they are out-talenting the opposition.

We suck. Don't worry.

Nobody shows up looking unprepared like the Jets do.

They've looked like one of the most poorly coached teams in the league this year, and I think when they do pull their heads out of their asses and win a game... its usually because they are out-talenting the opposition.

Meh, its a match up league. Jets dont match up well vs. a team like that with speed every where.

Its talent more than coaching...for sure.

Archived