I Don't Even Want To See Us Make The Playoffs This Year

SoFlaJets

Meh, its a match up league. Jets dont match up well vs. a team like that with speed every where.

Its talent more than coaching...for sure.

Coaching... teaches Hunter how to pass protect, or choose to max protect and give him help... teaches Sanchez how to protect the ball... teached Holmes how to catch with his hands... the Eagles' speed had nothing to do with the fact that this dumb team plays like a bunch of sloppy pigs that barely have a grasp on their assignments. The one thing I've learned watchign the Pats up here all the time, is that even the scrubs perform their assignments at 100%... while the Jets stars seem to never put for more than about an 80% effort.

Coaching... teaches Hunter how to pass protect, or choose to max protect and give him help... teaches Sanchez how to protect the ball... teached Holmes how to catch with his hands... the Eagles' speed had nothing to do with the fact that this dumb team plays like a bunch of sloppy pigs that barely have a grasp on their assignments. The one thing I've learned watchign the Pats up here all the time, is that even the scrubs perform their assignments at 100%... while the Jets stars seem to never put for more than about an 80% effort.

Oh, my bad. Fire them all.

I said it in the game thread and I heard them saying it on Post Game Live-this is all on our overmatched offensive coordinator. Where was the help on Hunter'sd side? Why wasn't John Connor left back there or that A-hole Matthew Mulligan? Every week we see him-where was he this week? Also, why does our OC REFUSE to put Sanchez in the hurry up? It slows down and tires out the pass rushers...Schottenheimer must go...

Even if we are playing like a mediocre team with glaring weaknesses, why the hell should we sit home and watch the mediocre team with glaring weaknesses that beat us out for the playoffs play on TV?

And I don't think the few notches on the draft totem pole that we fall by making the playoffs is going to materially improve the team.

Let's face it ... they have been poorly coached this year.

The offense is bland and predicatble, and the OC is so clueless, that he devises game plans that do not take advantage of what they do best, specifically running the football and play action/sprint out passing.

The defense is vastly overrated, and has collapsed numerous times in critical situations, including giving up some game winning drives.

The special teams have been sub-par, which for Westhoff, is a rarity.

And overall, the team is incredibly undisciplined, making the same mistakes week in and week out ... specifically turnovers, stupid penalties, and poor situational football.

Obviously, the players have to make plays and they haven't made enough of them in all three facets of the game.

But discipline needs to be instilled by the coaches, and this staff continues to tolerate selfish behavior and bad penalties like the one "Captain Tone" took after the TD today.

Rex better start acting like a head coach soon and start holding both players and coaches accountable for their actions.

funny thing is the Jets just need to squeak into the playoffs and this sets up just like last year. If they can find a way into the playoffs they go on the road to Hou (who lost to Carolina today) and then on the road to NE (see 2010).

As hard as it is to believe there is a very real possibility that we have a rematch of last year's AFC championship game at Pit.

Plausible-until you see that the 2nd game would be on the road vs,. the Pats or Ravens. The Jets aren't beating those teams.

There's no such thing as a bad playoff berth. But this team would probably paper over the age and various weak spots with the BS euphoria of a playoff berth. That would be bad.

Will everybody shut up about the draft! Bunch of losers man. The Jets gave that game to Philly.They beat the sh*t out of the Chiefs, then the Chiefs beat Green Bay. We beat Washington, then they beat the Giants. The Bengals suck, wish we played them to settle this sh*t once and for all. Anything could happen in this league, the playoffs are a new season. If anyone doesn't want to see the Jets make the playoffs then get lost!

Welcome the your NY Jets annual meltdown. We usually recoup after this. We could make a run.

If we get in at #6 we're likely headed to Houston. I like our chances of beating them with Yates at QB. Then we would go on to play the #1 seed, lets say Baltimore. The defense held their offense to 13 points last time out and our offense suffered from missing Mangold. A run is not out of the question.

If we get in at #6 we're likely headed to Houston. I like our chances of beating them with Yates at QB. Then we would go on to play the #1 seed, lets say Baltimore. The defense held their offense to 13 points last time out and our offense suffered from missing Mangold. A run is not out of the question.

IMO, if it wasn't out of the question the past two years... then all bets are off again this year. Still tough to believe we faced down Peyton Manning and Tom Brady back to back. Year before we beat Cincy and San Diego back to back. Defense was better, but our offense wasn't as good as it is this year.

I pretty much stopped watching aftter Celeks catch (excuse spelling if wrong) but I was at work watching on Direct TV Via Computer. Listened on my XM on the way home right when Jackson ran one in -- click that was it, Not so angry this morning as I was last night -- and the fact we are still the 6th seed is crazy -- Oh well lookin foward to Saturday

GO JETS

OK, I've had a day to think about this and I still feel the same way. This team doesn't deserve to go to the playoffs and will end up just as I predicted months ago; an 8-8 team. We need to have a good draft, we WILL be rid of Schottenheimer. Eric Smith and Wayne Hunter should never start another Jets game after the Miami game. Vlad Ducasse needs to be cut. We need to upgrade over Bart Scott and Bryan Thomas should never be a starter again. Jimmy Leonhard is too small of a safety to cover the 2011 NFL TE position. Call me a lousy Jets fan, tell me to get lost-I don't care, I know what I am seeing, an 8-8 football team

OK, I've had a day to think about this and I still feel the same way. This team doesn't deserve to go to the playoffs and will end up just as I predicted months ago; an 8-8 team. We need to have a good draft, we WILL be rid of Schottenheimer. Eric Smith and Wayne Hunter should never start another Jets game after the Miami game. Vlad Ducasse needs to be cut. We need to upgrade over Bart Scott and Bryan Thomas should never be a starter again. Jimmy Leonhard is too small of a safety to cover the 2011 NFL TE position. Call me a lousy Jets fan, tell me to get lost-I don't care, I know what I am seeing, an 8-8 football team

This team has overachieved the past 2 years, which is scary. There isn't that much talent on defense, yet they've been pretty good.

The one good player they have on offense is a crackhead. Total overhaul needed imo.

We have holes in this team that we have manged to overcome the last couple of years. This year the talent is less on the whole which is leading to where we are today

Look at all the injuries we've had and I can honestly say the one that has hurt us the most was the loss of Rob Turner-who friggin knew?

missing the playoffs and firing the coaching staff, guarantees nothing.

certain fans need to realize

it's not about the destination, (a super bowl win), it's about the journey

the day after a Super Bowl win, the bills still need to be paid, the dog still needs to be walked, in fact, nothing changes. Ask a Pats fan if their 3 rings from 8 years ago make their life better on a day-to-day basis.

I will take the journey with Rex Ryan as long as he wants to coach here. he's possibly the best coach the Jets have had since Parcells, and before that Weeb.

he's certainly the most entertaining. and don't forget this is just for entertainment purposes anyway. Like a rock concert or an opera. Or the movies. It's just for fun. an amusing diversion.

You don't just throw that away cause the team is 8-6 and on track for the 6 seed.

(who gets fired after making the playoffs anyway? )

OK, I've had a day to think about this and I still feel the same way. This team doesn't deserve to go to the playoffs and will end up just as I predicted months ago; an 8-8 team.

If the team finishes 8-8 then we likely won't have to worry if we "deserve" to be in the playoffs, unless some miracle happens we won't qualify for them..

If we finish 10-6 or even 9-7, I won't worry about "deserving" the playoffs-many other teams have gone to playoffs with those records. I don't think they troubled themselves with post-qualifitis remorse.

If the team finishes 8-8 then we likely won't have to worry if we "deserve" to be in the playoffs, unless some miracle happens we won't qualify for them..

If we finish 10-6 or even 9-7, I won't worry about "deserving" the playoffs-many other teams have gone to playoffs with those records. I don't think they troubled themselves with post-qualifitis remorse.

Yep, Packers won the Superbowl last year on a 9-7. Year before we went to the championship game on that record. Few years before Giants pulled it off on a similar record as well.

Plausible-until you see that the 2nd game would be on the road vs,. the Pats or Ravens. The Jets aren't beating those teams.

There's no such thing as a bad playoff berth. But this team would probably paper over the age and various weak spots with the BS euphoria of a playoff berth. That would be bad.

pretty sure I heard the same thing last year after the 45-3 drubbing @ NE.

Will everybody shut up about the draft! Bunch of losers man. The Jets gave that game to Philly.They beat the sh*t out of the Chiefs, then the Chiefs beat Green Bay. We beat Washington, then they beat the Giants. The Bengals suck, wish we played them to settle this sh*t once and for all. Anything could happen in this league, the playoffs are a new season. If anyone doesn't want to see the Jets make the playoffs then get lost!

You got that right brother. No fan roots against their own team.....Suck for Luck? Whats up with that sh*t? Eagles fans rooting for their team to lose so Reed gets fired? Not real fans. I don't care if they're 0 - 15, I'll be rooting for a win in week 17. Some fans may say stupid things when they're jacked up over a bad loss, but they never root against they're own team. I'm over the beat down we took Sunday. Now go out a beat the crap out of ShEli and the Giants. Then take care of the fish and we can all start dreaming again. Sure the Jets are flawed but, there aint no '61 Packers in this years NFL. No '76 Steelers, '85 Bears or '94 Niners. Everyone has weeknesses, and everyone can be beat. Go JETS

Archived