The Jets will lose to the Giants - Face it.

JustInFudge

Its going to happen folks. Time to prepare yourself for the loss and no playoffs.

Its sad. I know, but hopefully something good will come from having a disappointing season. Hopefully, it teaches this team how to sieze an opportunity and stop making it so difficult. 2 seasons in a row they've had a chance to sink the Pats ship but instead they've handed them the division in an embarrassing fashion.

The Jets are second fiddle in NYC. I appreciate Rex saying that its unacceptable and he wants to be second to none, but its true. In my life time, I've watched the Giants win 3 Super Bowls and make it to 4 while the Jets have lost in every AFC championshp game they've been in since I've been alive.

This isnt a good match up. Sanchez will struggle vs. a defense who can generate a pass rush with their front 4, disguise man coverage and play a soft vanilla zone - which is the exact type of D that gives him fits. Hunter is about to get abused again and Mark might die (which might be a good thing in the long run). Expect turnovers and penalties galore.

Our joke of a defense is about to get exposed for the 2nd straight week. A 3 headed rushing attack with 2 guys that are difficult to tackle will expose our slow defense and remind us of the AFC Championship game from last year when the D forgot how to tackle. Our lack of a pass rush will leave Revis/Cro/Wilson with too much time to try and guard their vertical passing attack. Expect a big day for Eli and that nasty WR core.

Giants - 33

Jets - 17

Season over in an embarrassing loss. There's always next season. Happy Holidays.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jets have zero excuses to lose to the Giants. That team is in absolute disarray, from injuries to locker room dissent. They're basically a one-trick pony right now, and that's throwing it down the field to their two wideouts, which the Jets' $20 million dollars worth of corner should negate. Offensively, you can run all over the Giants, as well as beat their moron safeties with combo routes and play action. This should be the Jets ballgame, easy.

The Jets have zero excuses to lose to the Giants. That team is in absolute disarray, from injuries to locker room dissent. They're basically a one-trick pony right now, and that's throwing it down the field to their two wideouts, which the Jets' $20 million dollars worth of corner should negate. Offensively, you can run all over the Giants, as well as beat their moron safeties with combo routes and play action. This should be the Jets ballgame, easy.

Cool story...and what are the Jets?

Yeah I expect this game will be pretty tough to stomach. Eli is going to tear us a new butthole.

I hear we might still have a shot at the playoffs anyway?

Feel bad for those fans that actually think we have a chance at the playoffs. There will be a group that probably still believes after this debacle on Saturday. Thats why I started this thread. Expect the loss. Enjoy your Holidays.

Plax, Holmes, and Keller will have big days and Jets should win convincingly. For some reason, I think the O-line really steps up this week.

I'm more nervous about the Miami game..

One loss at at a time...but I fully expect to lose that game too.

The funniest part is, I think we lose this game, and all the chips fall correctly for us again, we beat the Dolphins and make the playoffs at 9-7.

Then, we go on to beat the Texans. People talk about our 5-2 playoff record, and then we lose by about 30 to the Pats the following week. Jets fans still declare that we are better than them, though.

Wait a second here....I thought the Giants have a ton more talent than the Jets?

Maybe Jif is going for the reverse-jinx here. Hope it works.

We need to get an early lead; this isn't a game to defer after the toss. Eli starts slow, but has that 'last-minute-miracle-drive' mojo.

If we can get ahead, and If our D can prevent a final-minute miracle, we'll be ok.

The funniest part is, I think we lose this game, and all the chips fall correctly for us again, we beat the Dolphins and make the playoffs at 9-7.

Then, we go on to beat the Texans. People talk about our 5-2 playoff record, and then we lose by about 30 to the Pats the following week. Jets fans still declare that we are better than them, though.

pretty much, but i can see us beating the pats..

When is the last time a QB......ANY QB.....did that to us? Besides Brady of course.

Iunno...probably a long time...but how many legitimately high end QBs do we actually see? Vick threw up 250+ and he's only an above average passer at his best.

This...though I'd like the Texans to be the Broncos, the second round team to be the Ravens, and THEN we beat the Pats...there's like a .0088% chance this happens. Since this is the NFL and the NFL has been trying to push the Jets, I expect chips to fall into place correctly too. I'd prefer they wait until we iron out the roster of players and coaches (what, 2-5 years?), but the script writers within the league insist.

When is the last time a QB......ANY QB.....did that to us? Besides Brady of course.

Brady, Vick, Romo, Fitz - all this year. Cutler last year...Manning the year before...

We'll beat the Giants. We're making the playoffs. Guaranteed.

Sorry IJ - I'm just trying to spare you the heartache.

Exaclty. Plus they have to set us up for the heartbreaking loss in week 17, or dropping a winnable playoff game is spectacular fashion. Losing this game goes against 40+ years of stringing us along for the ultimate inevitable and crushing debacle at the end.

As to this game-the jints 2 best TEs are out. Paul will line up vs. Hunter a bunch, but Tuck is hurt and Umeniyora is either out or limited.

Exaclty. Plus they have to set us up for the heartbreaking loss in week 17, or dropping a winnable playoff game is spectacular fashion. Losing this game goes against 40+ years of stringing us along for the ultimate inevitable and crushing debacle at the end.

As to this game-the jints 2 best TEs are out. Paul will line up vs. Hunter a bunch, but Tuck is hurt and Umeniyora is either out or limited.

You guys do bring up good points with us winning this one and losing the next. But I think we lose out.

Alright, who hacked into Mr Negativity's account? Did JIF and TomShane switch usernames for a day?

Jason Pierre-Paul is no Calvin Pace, but he tries.

I couldn't have been more wrong about Pierre-Paul as a player. With the powers of hindsight I think I might know why I was wrong there, but it has to be mentioned that the Giants are f'n...awesome...at developing DEs. Clint Sintim is really the only college pass rusher they missed on, and he should be some 3-4's Westerman anyway.

This game could turn either way. Remember, both teams are at home in this one.

The Jets need this W to make it in as a wildcard; the Giants have to have this W to win their division, because they are NOT going to get to the playoffs as anything other than a division winner.

The Eagles (those same Eagles who pummeled the Jets last week) will be rooting hard FOR the Jets this week. The Eagles can actually still win the NFC East with an 8-8 record, but the Jets have to beat the Giants for that to happen (and of course the Eagles have to whip Dallas at the same time).

This is going to be a tough game for both sides, but I think in Eli Manning vs Mark Sanchez, I would take Eli. I know he played lousy last week, but that was probably his lousy game for the season. Sanchez may have some more lousy left in him.

Archived