Sanchez is AWFUL

KINGDIRK

Well that pocket collapses pretty quickly on a regular basis. I think he has been shell shcoked since the Raven game and in the back of his mind knows his pass protection has fallen way off this year.

I get the fact that you hate Sanchez and you may be correct in that he is not the guy but I still think we need to see him without this OC and with a true #1 WR.

We paid Santonio #1 money, so thats all he gets at this point.

I'd rather see Mark with a real RT than a better OC. Mark is allowed to make reads on the field.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always like to think that I was the fan responsible for Sanchez's first NFL QB moment in San Diego two years ago. That would be the game winner to Keller. My will to win as a fan, and my act of vocalizing this at high volume gave Sanchez the strength and courage he needed.

Let's face it, the players do this for us.

Merry Christmas.

But, of all the Jets coaches to hate on... you wait until Rex comes along? Give me a break. Rex has been an excellent coach... perhaps the best ever. Even if that's "not saying much," it still doesn't make sense to hate on this guy when he has made the team relevant for 3 straight years.

9-7 10-6 8-8 or 9-7? Rex reg season record: 27-20 or 28-19...

On field discipline is terrible...Sanchez is not the answer

As long as Rex Ryan is the coach of the New York jet Mark Sanchez will be the quarterback-deal with it guys. we better pray that woody Johnson has the balls to fire the OC after we lose to Miami and that the next OC proves out that Brian Schottenheimer was the problem or we are in big trouble next year.

As long as Rex Ryan is the coach of the New York jet Mark Sanchez will be the quarterback-deal with it guys. we better pray that woody Johnson has the balls to fire the OC after we lose to Miami and that the next OC proves out that Brian Schottenheimer was the problem or we are in big trouble next year.

Merry X-mas Jimbo.....absolutely we need to find out if the OC is Mark's biggest problem. We have to hope so because if not THEN it is time to move on from him as our QB. Schotty needs to go based on play calling alone. He has no head for what has taken place during the game and adjusting accordingly from series to series.

Merry X-mas Jimbo.....absolutely we need to find out if the OC is Mark's biggest problem. We have to hope so because if not THEN it is time to move on from him as our QB. Schotty needs to go based on play calling alone. He has no head for what has taken place during the game and adjusting accordingly from series to series.

Merry Christmas GS...yea it's going to be a step by step process of elimination. First (hopefully) Schottenheimer goes, then we find out if Sanchez is next to go but with Rex Ryan priding himself on making him his first selection I doubt that happens so if Sanchez sucks the only way to get him out of the lineup is either he gets hurt or Ryan gets fired.

There's one other possibility that Tannenbaum realizes that HIS head is probably next on the chopping block and he goes all out and tries to make a big splash with another Favre type of deal. I'm telling you Woody Johnson has to be absolutely FUMING after what happened yesterday. The Jets, again are second class citizens in the city and in their own stadium. Johnson better start holding some people accountable. That one really hurt yesterday-hurt worse than any loss since Ryan has been the head coach

I was a Sanchez believer until yesterday. I blamed Schotty and inexperience for the inconsistency. Although not progressing in his third year like I thought he would, I wanted to reserve final judgement until, hopefully, he got to play under a new OC. And make no mistake, you Schotty apologists, Schotty is horrible. But I have seen enough. Sanchez is not an NFL quality QB. He is a third round talent that was able to hide his flaws in a solid college program for one year and then charmed his way into being picked in the first round. He is backup material. This is very sad for an aging lifelong Jets fan to admit. You don't fix this kind of problem easily. The Jets were built to win now and they are going to have enough other holes to fill without the burden of finding a new franchise QB. The reality of never seeing another Jets championship in my lifetime is one helluva Christmas present. Mr. T got lucky with the Gholston bust. He found his pass rusher (Mayben) on a garbage heap for nothing. You can't get that lucky with the QB position.

p.s. - For you Shonne Green haters, you could not have been more wrong. He is the opposite of Sanchez. A first round talent stolen in the third round. The Giants could not stop him yesterday. Fortunately for the Giants, Schotty did. If he gave him the ball more instead of having Sanchez throw the ball 59 times, it would be a Merry Christmas today. But you Sanchez critics were right. I was blinded by hopeful thinking.

He "disappeared" in the 2 AFCCGs?

Steelers

20/33 233 yds 2 TDs 0 INTs 101.2 QBR

Colts

17/30 257 yds 2 TDs 1 INT 93.3 QBR

tale of 2 halves... in 2010, he did nothing in first half but cost us points, and then got his "stats" with the steelers playing soft zone..

In 2009 he played well in the first half when our running game was dominant, then did nothing in second half when greene got hurt...

But you already know this

I was a Sanchez believer until yesterday. I blamed Schotty and inexperience for the inconsistency. Although not progressing in his third year like I thought he would, I wanted to reserve final judgement until, hopefully, he got to play under a new OC. And make no mistake, you Schotty apologists, Schotty is horrible. But I have seen enough. Sanchez is not an NFL quality QB. He is a third round talent that was able to hide his flaws in a solid college program for one year and then charmed his way into being picked in the first round. He is backup material. This is very sad for an aging lifelong Jets fan to admit. You don't fix this kind of problem easily. The Jets were built to win now and they are going to have enough other holes to fill without the burden of finding a new franchise QB. The reality of never seeing another Jets championship in my lifetime is one helluva Christmas present. Mr. T got lucky with the Gholston bust. He found his pass rusher (Mayben) on a garbage heap for nothing. You can't get that lucky with the QB position.

p.s. - For you Shonne Green haters, you could not have been more wrong. He is the opposite of Sanchez. A first round talent stolen in the third round. The Giants could not stop him yesterday. Fortunately for the Giants, Schotty did. If he gave him the ball more instead of having Sanchez throw the ball 59 times, it would be a Merry Christmas today. But you Sanchez critics were right. I was blinded by hopeful thinking.

I'm often labled a Schotty apologist, but 100% yesterday was baffling how quickly they abandoned the run. I still believe the Jets are desperate to create a star out of Sanchez, for obvious reasons, but it was pretty clear early that it wasn't going to happen for the kid and they needed to go back to a run orientated attack.. not sure what they were thinking..

Also, think it's too early to give up on Sanchez, the day we drafted him you had to expect ups and downs in year 3. He only played 1 season at USC, whereas other guys come into the pros as 4 year starters. That's a lot of experience to miss. Next year will be very telling imo, he's kind of reached the average qb status but needs to start making the leap into good or even great QB territory

Lots of stats being thrown around but at the end of the day, pretty much everyone on JN has watched almost every play over the past 3 years. What do your eyes tell you about Sanchez? I see a kid who is not accurate, cannot throw the deep ball, and hasnt shown me enough over time that he can take this team to a SB.

In 2009 the Jets ran for 172 per game; in '10 they ran for almost 150 per game. For as good as he played those postseasons, Sanchez wasnt able to even get to a SB (no less win it) with an elite running game - not to mention a very capable defense. And if he needs that kind of run production to be successful this organization is fuked b/c you cant expect that kind of rushing year in and out.

It seems to me that Sanchez backers are afraid to admit what they are seeing. Sure Shotty suks, but Sanchez is the one making (or not making) the throws.

I just hope Tanny and Team Brass arent as afraid as some Jets fan are and admit the truth and what's needed: Start planning for our next QB.

I'm often labled a Schotty apologist, but 100% yesterday was baffling how quickly they abandoned the run. I still believe the Jets are desperate to create a star out of Sanchez, for obvious reasons, but it was pretty clear early that it wasn't going to happen for the kid and they needed to go back to a run orientated attack.. not sure what they were thinking..

Also, think it's too early to give up on Sanchez, the day we drafted him you had to expect ups and downs in year 3. He only played 1 season at USC, whereas other guys come into the pros as 4 year starters. That's a lot of experience to miss. Next year will be very telling imo, he's kind of reached the average qb status but needs to start making the leap into good or even great QB territory

Realistically, I can't see them giving up on him yet. I have just given up making excuses for him and now admit what my eyes tell me. it looks like I was wrong before when I thought he could make a good NFL QB. Now that I don't think he can, I hope I am wrong again. I will gladly sacrifice my dignity for the sake of me beloved Jets.

come+to+the+darkside.jpg

anyone who says he is a good QB.....is wrong

anyone who says he is a bad QB.....is wrong

he's inconsistent

hot and cold

good and bad

Agreed... inconsistent ... Comes with youth and inexperience. Unless you could get a Manning or a Brees, I think it would be foolish to start over again looking for a young QB.

I've always been a Sanchez supporter and I'm not ready to give up on him. As others have said, I'd really like to see him with another O.C... one that plays to an offense's strength and one who doesn't try to coach an offense to be something they aren't. An O.C. who has a feel for the game and can think on his feet and make adjustments on the fly.

I will admit his inaccuracy from the pocket worries me a bit, but he is very good outside the pocket and on the run, and seems to thrive in an up tempo pace, two things Schotty almost NEVER takes advantage of. I know he's not Brady or Manning or Brees (not many are), but I still believe he can be a good QB you can win a championship with if you can run the ball and the line protects him consistently.

He obviously hasn't played well at times, but he also hasn't had alot of help. The offensive line has sucked big time this year protecting him, and the WR's, both of whom are known for NOT running hard, precise routes have had a very hard time getting open this year and have also dropped more than a few. Then, of course, throw in the dunce calling the plays on the sidelines, and you have an environment thats very tough for a young QB to flourish in.

I know ... sounds like a lot of excuses, but they don't call football "the greatest team sport in the world"' for nothing. It takes all 11 guys on each side of the ball to make each other look good and the QB always gets too much credit and too much blame.

In the end, I may turn out to be wrong, but I think the jury is still out on Sanchez.

Who's watching?

Don't forget two things ...

1. You're comparing a third year QB to two veteran guys who are in the middle of having two of the greatest years two QBs have ever had in the history of this league

2. They also have two of the greatest offensive minds of the past 20 years calling the plays for them.

You want to say Sanchez hasn't played well ... I won't argue that.

You want to say he's the primary reason the Jets are so bad? I ain't buying it.

1. You're comparing a third year QB to two veteran guys who are in the middle of having two of the greatest years two QBs have ever had in the history of this league

2. They also have two of the greatest offensive minds of the past 20 years calling the plays for them.

1. Compared to those guys, he sucks, which is all that matters when we're talking about today/this season.

2. Payton and McCarthy would be lucky to be in the top 10...20 years so you've got Shanahan's coaching staff in Denver with him, Kubiak, and Gibbs...Andy Reid is as proven as it gets as getting numbers from QBs...Belichick is just on top of his sh*t and losing Tom Brady in '08 barely slowed him down...Tom Moore obviously, even more obviously nowadays....the crazy Mike Martz....Al Saunders with his to-be-forgotten Chiefs offenses with the best f'n OL ever...Turner...and that's just one angle at that since ALL of these guys are just Walsh wannabes (except Belichick, who is the best coach in the NFL since Walsh, period)...Anyway, the point is that I took a really weak route at diminishing what you said...I should have said that the gap between what Sean Payton/Mike McCarthy knows/calls about football and what Brian Schottenheimer/Matt Cavanaugh/Friends knows/call is probably smaller than the gap between Brees/Rodgers and Sanchez...significantly smaller...Despite the fans' personal feelings Sanchez's coaches are held in high regard throughout the league...at least partially because of how they deal with that guy's bullsiht.

3. He's the primary reason the Jets are 8-7 and not better, yes.

1. Compared to those guys, he sucks, which is all that matters when we're talking about today/this season.

2. Payton and McCarthy would be lucky to be in the top 10...20 years so you've got Shanahan's coaching staff in Denver with him, Kubiak, and Gibbs...Andy Reid is as proven as it gets as getting numbers from QBs...Belichick is just on top of his sh*t and losing Tom Brady in '08 barely slowed him down...Tom Moore obviously, even more obviously nowadays....the crazy Mike Martz....Al Saunders with his to-be-forgotten Chiefs offenses with the best f'n OL ever...Turner...and that's just one angle at that since ALL of these guys are just Walsh wannabes (except Belichick, who is the best coach in the NFL since Walsh, period)...Anyway, the point is that I took a really weak route at diminishing what you said...I should have said that the gap between what Sean Payton/Mike McCarthy knows/calls about football and what Brian Schottenheimer/Matt Cavanaugh/Friends knows/call is probably smaller than the gap between Brees/Rodgers and Sanchez...significantly smaller...Despite the fans' personal feelings Sanchez's coaches are held in high regard throughout the league...at least partially because of how they deal with that guy's bullsiht.

3. He's the primary reason the Jets are 8-7 and not better, yes.

1. Alot of guys suck compared to those guys.

2. I said two of the greatest offensive minds of the past 20 years, not THE two greatest.

3. This is your opinion, not a fact.

Come down off the pedestal... your word is not gospel. It's an opinion ... no better or no worse than anybody else's on this board.

what! lol

Payton was so bad in NYG as OC his play calling duties were stripped..

During the 2002 season, after several poor showings by the Giants' offense, Payton's role in play-calling was taken over by then head coach Jim Fassel. Under Fassel the offense improved and propelled the team to a wild-card playoff berth. While Payton was still ostensibly in charge of the offense, his role in the team was clearly diminished and had he not been hired away by the Dallas Cowboys, he likely would have been fired.

McCarthy, with a bad qb on SF was dead last in pts and yards.. In NO, he ran mostly average offenses, in a dome

In 2005, McCarthy served as offensive coordinator for the San Francisco 49ers. His unit, beset by injuries and led by a rookie quarterback (top draft pick Alex Smith), finished the season ranked last in the NFL in points scored and yards gained.

1. Alot of guys suck compared to those guys.

2. I said two of the greatest offensive minds of the past 20 years, not THE two greatest.

3. This is your opinion, not a fact.

Come down off the pedestal... your word is not gospel. It's an opinion ... no better or no worse than anybody else's on this board.

For what it's worth, Mike McCarthy was the Offensive Coordinator of the 49ers in 2005. They were ranked last in the NFL. 32nd. Last.

As the offensive coordinator of the New Orleans Saints, in his first year, he had the #10 offense in the league, which was his best year. He never again saw the top 10.

Either he learned about offense after leaving the 49ers, or he all of the sudden had good Favre then Rodgers.

As offensive coordinator of the Giants, Sean Payton led the 15th, 21st, then 22nd ranked offense in the league. Maybe he learned offense in New Orleans, or maybe Brees > Collins?

Translation.... It's the talent, and more specifically the QB.

I really don't get how this isn't clear to everyone, particularly in a year in which the colts completely collapsed without Manning

Would the Ravens completely fall apart without Flacco?

Yeah, we'd all love to have Drew Brees, but its not happening. The pieces that got us wins the past two seasons fell apart this year. We also don't have any big play capability on offense. We've also been unlucky with fumbles this season as opposed to years past.

I really don't get how this isn't clear to everyone, particularly in a year in which the colts completely collapsed without Manning

It's clear to everyone but a handful of Jets fans.

You think fans around the league think Sanchez is a real QB?

I've gotten texts this year from an Eagles fan, a Giants fan, a 49ers fan, a Raiders fan, and a Packers fan all mocking Sanchez.

The only people who don't think so are those who choose their emotional investment over objectivity.

What hurts Schottenheimer is that he's had six years, three QBs, and has only found his way to being a competent offense when one of those QBs was basically dictating to him what the offense was going to do.

Would the Ravens completely fall apart without Flacco?

Yeah, we'd all love to have Drew Brees, but its not happening. The pieces that got us wins the past two seasons fell apart this year. We also don't have any big play capability on offense. We've also been unlucky with fumbles this season as opposed to years past.

And there's your difference between Flacco and Sanchez. They both make too many mistakes, but Flacco can make up for his mistakes with big plays. Sanchez cannot.

2-3 deep balls to Braylon Edwards in a season is not an actual deep threat.

And there's your difference between Flacco and Sanchez. They both make too many mistakes, but Flacco can make up for his mistakes with big plays. Sanchez cannot.

2-3 deep balls to Braylon Edwards in a season is not an actual deep threat.

Braylon was a better deep threat than anything we have now.

Torrey Smith would have absolutely helped the Jets this season. Flacco throws about 2-3 bombs to him a game.

Braylon was a better deep threat than anything we have now.

Torrey Smith would have absolutely helped the Jets this season. Flacco throws about 2-3 bombs to him a game.

I agree on both of these points. My point is, Flacco was better at this than Sanchez when Sanchez had Braylon and there was no Torrey Smith.

Flacco's arm allows him to compensate for his mistakes with game changing plays. Sanchez has never been able to do that.

What hurts Schottenheimer is that he's had six years, three QBs, and has only found his way to being a competent offense when one of those QBs was basically dictating to him what the offense was going to do.

what hurts schottenheimer is that he's had poop at qb..

i've asked this before and never got an answer, when has the talent on offense underperformed? Why would you expect a top 10 offense with pennington, clemens, injured favre or sanchez?

what hurts schottenheimer is that he's had poop at qb..

i've asked this before and never got an answer, when has the talent on offense underperformed? Why would you expect a top 10 offense with pennington, clemens, injured favre or sanchez?

The dude's had six years with relative autonomy to build an offense and he hadn't done it. He got stuck with Pennington, but Clemens and Sanchez are the guys he hand-picked to play QB for him and neither one worked out. I refuse to feel bad for a guy that can't pull together 11-15 players that work in his system in six years. Given that amount of time, the talent excuse is weak.

The dude's had six years with relative autonomy to build an offense and he hadn't done it. He got stuck with Pennington, but Clemens and Sanchez are the guys he hand-picked to play QB for him and neither one worked out. I refuse to feel bad for a guy that can't pull together 11-15 players that work in his system in six years. Given that amount of time, the talent excuse is weak.

Rex has told the story of how he fell in love with Sanchez several times, that's him.. And besides that we normally draft defense first .. So it's not like a ton has been invested

• 2 years later...

93 QBR in the playoffs, 9TDs 3INTs in the playoffs.....on and on and on smh no. He was headed toward advancing in the playoffs over Peyton Manning, as I recall. No. Because Peyton Manning couldnt win a ******* playoff game for like 8 years. No.Peyton is actually the anti-Sanchez, because he is known to NOT win big games.

Anyway yeah congrats. I hope we keep this up and Sanchez doesnt happen to improve, work on holding on to the ball, work on getting guys who can catch, maybe get a new OC, that would really suck for you.

Archived