After a lot of denial, I now realize Stafford is wayyyy better than Sanchez at this point.

redman81

I've always been a Sanchez supporter and I know the kid can play under pressure. But, it's his play the other 90% of of the time that needs to be more productive. Watching Stafford play after play, and numerous other QB's for that matter, they always seem to give the receiver a chance and have better ball placement. I dunno if it's playcalling or just all on Sanchez, but you can't waste half the game going 3 and out and missing receivers like he does. I hope he progresses from year to year, but too much time of the game is wasted on missed opportunities right now.

Stafford does have the best receiver in the game though.

Great receivers can be open even when they appear not to be, something the jets lack.

I do also give Stafford an edge over Sanchez, but I'm more concerned about the injury history for Stafford as I think this is the first season he has started every game, and even then I think he had to come out of a few games. Give Sanchez some credit, he's been taking bad hits all year and keeps coming back for more

Im still not in love with Stafford but he does things that Sanchez has never done. I dont take anything away from Sacnhez 1 drive comebacks last season, but Stafford actually has won games for the Lions this year. Even if you want to make the excuse that its because of CJ, well at least he pulls the trigger unlike Sanchez. The one thing Stafford showed as a rookie was the ability to be a high level player with the one or two monster games (including the one he finished with his arm dangling by a thread). Were still waiting for Sanchez to take over a game that way.

Stafford gets alot of room to work because his arm strength is elite, and his targets are huge, athletic, and good at catching the ball. Pettigrew/Scheffler is second only to the Pats TE combo IMO...then there's that Johnson feller.

I really think our receiving corp is more than solid and that they would "get up" more for games if they had more trust in the gunslinger throwing to them. A guy like Stafford would totally change the dynamic of this offense. No one fears us throwing the ball on them. We squeak by.

Yeah yeah, its all Schottenheimer's fault. Its really not though.

I really think our receiving corp is more than solid and that they would "get up" more for games if they had more trust in the gunslinger throwing to them. A guy like Stafford would totally change the dynamic of this offense. No one fears us throwing the ball on them. We squeak by.

Yeah yeah, its all Schottenheimer's fault. Its really not though.

eh...I don't think our receiving corps scare anyone. Nice names on paper but no true #1 who scares a defense. Keller has not taken the next step either right along with his QB. Kerley looks like he may be a capable #3 receiver and he makes some tough catches.

Archived