And So It Has Begun...The Rumblings About Sanchez' Future here

SoFlaJets

I guess I'll have to spell out the point then, huh?

The fact that some QBs played poorly in their 3rd year and got better has no bearing on what Mark Sanchez will do. Some QBs play poorly and get better, some play poorly and stay that way.

Ironically, in pointing out that my comparisons are imperfect and prove nothing, you've pretty much proven my point to perfection. So, thanks.

I think the posters point is that it is not out of the realm of possibility that Sanchez does work out when all is said and done.

I think everyone gets the fact that you feel otherwise based on the amount of times you have felt it was your mission here to tell everyone how bad Sanchez is. Some feel it is too soon to cut ship in year three and why you cannot respect that opinion baffles me.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the posters point is that it is not out of the realm of possibility that Sanchez does work out when all is said and done.

It's also not impossible that Eric Smith turns into a Pro Bowl safety. But, nothing about his performance says he will.

Some of us watch with more than just hope. Sorry if that doesn't suit you.

It's also not impossible that Eric Smith turns into a Pro Bowl safety. But, nothing about his performance says he will.

Some of us watch with more than just hope. Sorry if that doesn't suit you.

I have no problem with your opinion. I just think you need to respect opposing ones.........if that's possibe.

Everyone has said that the reason Carr wasn't any good in the pros was he was shell-shocked from getting hit too much. How do we know that? Maybe he just sucked?

IIRC he was in one of those wacky college offensive systems (college - where offenses are less homogeneous and coaching REALLY matters) that nobody liked drafting. I don't know sh*t about what Fresno State was doing at the time so that's all I've got...Oh, and I have vague memories of knocks on his mechanics.

how many hits does it take? How many games of being bum rushed? We have no idea, all we can do is HOPE that Sanchez hasn't passed the Carr threshold yet or we best have another QB ready to go, and not another over-the-hill babysitter/QB coach in uniform PRETENDING to be a backup. All year whenever Sanchez struggled no one could even say "hey put the backup QB in" because the general consensus around the team was "we CAN'T put Brunnell in, why he's too old and even WORSE than Sanchez".

The trouble with the 2011 Jets has been way too many positions that we have had the same excuse for: you HAVE to play Wayne Hunter because of Ducasse is even worse. You have to play Eric Smith because, well we HAVE nobody else,

1. Oh you'd know if he hit this imaginary Carr threshold. It would be very obvious. Again, David Carr got his a$$ beat on a weekly basis for a couple of very brutal seasons. You will never, eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer see a QB get hit like Carr got hit early in his career again.

2. Who simply has "another QB ready to go?" Once again, there is not even the minimum 32 guys who can consistently be called starter worthy.

3. Who said that about Brunell? When was benching Sanchez anything more than message board/newspaper fodder this year?

Archived