Message to the deserters

lancemehl

I very rarely look to impugn somebody else's intelligence, but when you talk to a homer or read the crap they put out there, you can't help but become convinced that you're dealing with an absolute moron. Particularly the indignant ones who get pissed off when somebody points out a flaw in the team. They'd be amusing if they weren't just downright pathetic.

Sorry but this is hypocritical. The same thing can be said of the darksiders. How many posts have there been from these genuises calling for Rex head? The same guy that has yet to have a losing season, & back to back AFC championship games something no other Jets coach has accomplished? Not making the playoffs this year? Lets fire the entire coaching staff, Tanny, & cut half the team including Revis. Brilliant stuff there.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does Sports Radio exist? So people can bitch and moan about their teams.

Why did it start big-time in NYC? Cause we New Yorkers love to bitch and moan about our teams.

Why are sports messageboards around? To bitch and moan about our teams. This place wouldnt be much fun if it was a circle jerk on how great Rex and Sanchize are when they are obviously not great.

Bitching and moaning about a team doesnt make you less of a fan. In fact, it makes you more of a fan because you're a FANATIC, who knows the team inside and out. You're not one of those bobbleheads at the stadium on Sunday who sit on their hands and wait for a graphic or Fireman Mascot to tell them to cheer. But hey, cheer any way you want. believe whatever you want. doesnt matter to me. doesnt change me. just gives me a few minutes of time to waste at work.

To all the jet fans who have quit on the team, the type of fans that kick the monopoly board over cause they landed on a hotel, the guys that have stated that this coaching staff and qb suck and they demand replacements (as ridiculous as that sounds), yet oddly still root for the fat accountant in the front office, go figure: Just saying. You have made your statement. You quit. You hate this team. So, when you are tickled by the fickle finger of fate this Sunday and the stars line up and this crappy team happens to back in the playoffs. Do them a favor and do the few homers who chose to go down with the ship a favor- skip the playoffs! lol Really thanks but no thanks Your message is heard loud and clear. I'm sure woody will take it into consideration. Until next year. Time to go boo Carmelo for a while and lobby for d'ntoni's job (someone who deserves it). If we squeak in, I'm sure its one and done anyway.

p.s. Picture this: Cleveland Browns hire a new coach and draft a QB next year. The end up ripping through the AFC to a game within the SB. All of a sudden the Browns are everywhere. They are in the SB talk. Year three, week 16, they are 8-7 still alive.....yet the Brown's fans are disgusted, because they are THE BROWNS and 8-7 is unacceptable . They proceed to lobby for this new coaches job and QB to be shipped out (despite stellar post season ply) Remember, the Browns! lmao How do those fans look??

On the brightside for those who still care- Hey, the Jets finally get homefield advantage this week!

Define quit.

I will root for this team no matter what (I'm stupid I know) but I'm still allowed to piss and moan when they stink up the joint like they have on multiple occasions this year, that's my right as a fan, no one can tell me different. By the way only head I want rolled is young Brians.

I've been a Jets fan since the mid-70's and have been to hell&back with this team. Being honest about the strength&weaknesses of your team is what being a real fan is all about. It doesn't mean your deserting them, just pointing out the obvious. Maybe Rex ought to try this, instead of talking up the Jets like there the '84 Niners. He sounds like a complete jackass&out of touch with reality when he does this. If Sanchez was drafted by the Browns,Rams or Panthers he wouldn't even come close to making the playoffs, let alone 2 Championship games. Thats called reality. He was lucky enough to go to a team with a strong defense&running game with a very good offensive line his first 2 yrs. He does not stand tall in the pocket& deliver strong throws down the field, he retreats backwards, throws off his back foot. Result: interception or incomplete pass. He's weak man, not my type of QB.

This is the younger than 35 we still have hope thread. Us old farts are already picking out our coffins.

freakin pu$$ie$!!!! this is how the rex run jets do it. they give you some kinda hope mid season, then totally strip it away, miracle season ending playoff appearance, then do damge in the playoffs. the rex jets dont make it easy. they make it interesting. yes,the 2009 and 2010 jets left you hating them at some point, but, hello, 2 afc champ games. jets beat the fags, have sh*t luck with 3 other afc teams and squeek in, and do damage in the playoffs. thats the jets/rex way. and by the way, crusher, the pu$$y comment was not for you. as a 30 year fan myself, i dont want to be crushed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im 45 years old this New Years eve and I agree and approve of this mesaage. We have EARNED our right to be negative pricks.

I read this whole thread and the only thing that I learned is that I am 2 days older than Crusher.

Sorry but this is hypocritical. The same thing can be said of the darksiders. How many posts have there been from these genuises calling for Rex head? The same guy that has yet to have a losing season, & back to back AFC championship games something no other Jets coach has accomplished? Not making the playoffs this year? Lets fire the entire coaching staff, Tanny, & cut half the team including Revis. Brilliant stuff there.

You have a point on this one. I have seen a ton of threads saying: "We need all new (fill in the blank) why don't we ever develop any (fill in the blank)?" Even the OP who is supposedly a "realistic homer" feels that the need to bash the "bloated accountant" who put together a team that made the AFC championship game twice with an inexperienced QB that probably sucks, at least for now. The Jets haven't played as well as I thought they would! Let's fire the GM! The team has had one losing season since he took over. He sucks.

Why does Sports Radio exist? So people can bitch and moan about their teams.

Why did it start big-time in NYC? Cause we New Yorkers love to bitch and moan about our teams.

Why are sports messageboards around? To bitch and moan about our teams. This place wouldnt be much fun if it was a circle jerk on how great Rex and Sanchize are when they are obviously not great.

Bitching and moaning about a team doesnt make you less of a fan. In fact, it makes you more of a fan because you're a FANATIC, who knows the team inside and out. You're not one of those bobbleheads at the stadium on Sunday who sit on their hands and wait for a graphic or Fireman Mascot to tell them to cheer. But hey, cheer any way you want. believe whatever you want. doesnt matter to me. doesnt change me. just gives me a few minutes of time to waste at work.

GREATEST.... FAN... EVER... 128?

You have a point on this one. I have seen a ton of threads saying: "We need all new (fill in the blank) why don't we ever develop any (fill in the blank)?" Even the OP who is supposedly a "realistic homer" feels that the need to bash the "bloated accountant" who put together a team that made the AFC championship game twice with an inexperienced QB that probably sucks, at least for now. The Jets haven't played as well as I thought they would! Let's fire the GM! The team has had one losing season since he took over.

Six years, two head coaches, two blown top-six picks, no impact players drafted since Mangini was holding his hand, no Super Bowls, bloated contracts comprising an aging, declining roster. It's fair to question Tannenbaum.

Six years, two head coaches, two blown top-six picks, no impact players drafted since Mangini was holding his hand, no Super Bowls, bloated contracts comprising an aging, declining roster. It's fair to question Tannenbaum.

I think you're presenting it as though it's 2 out of 2. Ferguson was also a top-6 pick and the consensus - the "obvious" - thing to do at the time with Pennington's shoulder was to take Matt Leinart #4 or trade up to #2 for Reggie Bush.

Gholston was a horrible pick but I doubt you could cite any examples of so-called draft gurus who thought he was undeserving of a 6th round pick.

Sanchez...it's hard to say. I don't fault the team for trying to do all they could to get a franchise QB when one presented itself. The problem was in handing an unready QB keys to the car. He needed to hold a clipboard for a year (if not two), which was laughed at when I suggested it back in '09. People cited Peyton Manning saying you don't learn anything holding a clipboard. Well maybe not for him, because he's Peyton Manning. But holding a clipboard for a half-year or more seemed to be a pretty good idea for Eli, Rodgers, Rivers, Cutler, Brees, Brady, Schaub, Romo, Stafford (albeit only because he was injured), Palmer, and that's just among QBs who are still playing. And Sanchez didn't have the college experience of any of these guys.

It's tough to say, but in hindsight the problem with the Sanchez pick maybe wasn't the pick but rather in how he was handled from day one. That doesn't change the fact that he sucks right now, of course.

If you want to give Mangini credit for the impact players, then the Gholston pick is on Mangini as well. You can't have it both ways

You also can't claim Sanchez is a blown pick at this point either.

Ultimately you have to look at the results. Under Tanny, the Jets went to back to back Champ games, something no other Jets regime accomplished, including your hero.

If you want to give Mangini credit for the impact players, then the Gholston pick is on Mangini as well. You can't have it both ways

Ultimately you have to look at the results. Under Tanny, the Jets went to back to back Champ games, something no other Jets coach accomplished, including your hero.

I dont get the fascination with the 2 losses in the AFC championship. Its not that great of an accomplishment, even if we've never done that before... it means nothing. and only gives excuses to the team, fans and media to excuse certain people from blame.

freakin pu$$ie$!!!! this is how the rex run jets do it. they give you some kinda hope mid season, then totally strip it away, miracle season ending playoff appearance, then do damge in the playoffs. the rex jets dont make it easy. they make it interesting. yes,the 2009 and 2010 jets left you hating them at some point, but, hello, 2 afc champ games. jets beat the fags, have sh*t luck with 3 other afc teams and squeek in, and do damage in the playoffs. thats the jets/rex way. and by the way, crusher, the pu$$y comment was not for you. as a 30 year fan myself, i dont want to be crushed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our season ends Sunday. You know it I know it. The only difference between us is 10 years of fan ship and slightly less than a metric ton. Call me whatever you like my friend, just never late for dinner.

I dont get the fascination with the 2 losses in the AFC championship. Its not that great of an accomplishment, even if we've never done that before... it means nothing. and only gives excuses to the team, fans and media to excuse certain people from blame.

I disagree. It shows progress and instilling a winning attitude and culture.After about 40 years of following this team, I can say I expect the team to win on any given Sunday, and feel that we will win the SB with this regime. I felt that a little bit with the Tuna, but knew he would quit.

What you're basically saying in your post is that it doesn't matter unless you win the SB. So in essence, Tanny is no better than Ireland or any of the other countless GM's that haven't won a SB. I just don't buy that.

I think you're presenting it as though it's 2 out of 2. Ferguson was also a top-6 pick and the consensus - the "obvious" - thing to do at the time with Pennington's shoulder was to take Matt Leinart #4 or trade up to #2 for Reggie Bush.

Gholston was a horrible pick but I doubt you could cite any examples of so-called draft gurus who thought he was undeserving of a 6th round pick.

Sanchez...it's hard to say. I don't fault the team for trying to do all they could to get a franchise QB when one presented itself. The problem was in handing an unready QB keys to the car. He needed to hold a clipboard for a year (if not two), which was laughed at when I suggested it back in '09. People cited Peyton Manning saying you don't learn anything holding a clipboard. Well maybe not for him, because he's Peyton Manning. But holding a clipboard for a half-year or more seemed to be a pretty good idea for Eli, Rodgers, Rivers, Cutler, Brees, Brady, Schaub, Romo, Stafford (albeit only because he was injured), Palmer, and that's just among QBs who are still playing. And Sanchez didn't have the college experience of any of these guys.

It's tough to say, but in hindsight the problem with the Sanchez pick maybe wasn't the pick but rather in how he was handled from day one. That doesn't change the fact that he sucks right now, of course.

I was a big Leinart guy. Apparently, the book was out on him that he was an immature douche, making Brick the safe pick there. Still, going 1 for 3 on your top-six picks is pretty dubious stuff, regardless of whether or not they were the obvious pick there. Gholston still goes on Tannenbaum's résumé. To be clear, I'm not advocating firing the guy at thIs point. I'm just responding to Dom's claim that it's an extremist position to question Tannenbaum's record.

Also, I'm with you on Sanchez and I also got killed for saying that he should sit the bench for a year behind Clemens. I was at training camp that week, tweeting for JetNation, and I said that Erik Ainge was the best QB in camp at that point. There was much anger. Much vitriol.

Ultimately you have to look at the results. Under Tanny, the Jets went to back to back Champ games, something no other Jets regime accomplished, including your hero.

Mike Tannenbaum has accomplished the exact same things as Brian Schottenheimer.

SoFlaJets has deserted just about everyday but he's still here

I like how Lil Bit Special put it here:

"Bitching and moaning about a team doesnt make you less of a fan. In fact, it makes you more of a fan because you're a FANATIC, who knows the team inside and out."

That's how I see it too. Look, I LOVE the Jets, always have, I've been a fan since I was a little kid but when I see things happening that I don't like I'm going to speak out and voice my displeasure. That doesn't make me less of a fan. I know the game of football and consider myself a first hand sort of historian. I KNOW what a team of destiny looks like, I know what a team that has mailed it in looks like. I know when a team has very little chance to win because of how the ball has been bouncing, how the flags have been thrown, how the tipped balls and fumbles seem to end up in the right or (in the 2011 Jets case) wrong place. I just kind of have learned what to expect and I am right more than I'm wrong. Sunday is going to be a not-too-good day to be a Jets fan and I'm not planning on being near a TV set while the game is being played-I'll DVR it and FF my way through it if we lose...maybe some will call it "giving up" on the Jets, but I just call it doing what I feel is best for my mental health. It's a trick I learned back in the early 70's watching the Yankees and Jets

Being a critic does not make you a deserter. It makes more sense than having blind faith in a draft pick that has underachieved.

Sanchez supporters can whistle past the graveyard all they want but it wont change the fact that the Jets got hosed with that pick.

How did the Jets get hosed with that pick? They got rid of a bunch of dead weight and a couple of picks (highest was a 2nd IIRC) for a potential franchise QB. That's not getting hosed.

I'm not a huge Sanchez supporter, but I'm willing to give him the rest of his contract to prove himself. Hopefully the fish hire Schitty and we can see what he can do with a compentent OC. Regardless of all that lets remember that he was at the helm for 2 AFCCG, something a Clemmens or noodle arm could never do.

Your obsession with trying to discredit Bill Parcells always amuses, my friend. Tannenbaum would be working for H&R Block if it weren't for Parcells.

And your obsession with descrediting Tanny always amuses me as well my friend. I find it hard to believe seeing as the Tuna thinks very highly of him. You don't want to give him any credit for getting guys like Revis, Brick, Mangold, Harris (the core) and then crap all over him for the Gholston pick. That's pretty fun stuff there.

And your obsession with descrediting Tanny always amuses me as well my friend. I find it hard to believe seeing as the Tuna thinks very highly of him. You don't want to give him any credit for getting guys like Revis, Brick, Mangold, Harris (the core) and then crap all over him for the Gholston pick. That's pretty fun stuff there.

I give him plenty of credit for those picks, though it's worth noting that he's paid the absolute premium for all of them.

To say any of us aren't fans is ridiculous. Some of you spend more time posting on here about this team than you do at your jobs haha We are all fans but some people just have different perspectives. I honestly think a lot of it has to do with age. I notice an extreme amount of impatience from a lot of you (jiF, T0mshane, EY..etc) and I just haven't gotten to that point yet. Maybe because I am only 25 but I can definitely understand it.

I just have a serious question for those of you who have an intense dislike for Mark Sanchez and blame him and his small steps forward for all of the Jets woes this year. What is it about him that you guys are so ready to give up on so quick when there are other examples of other QB's (who are now some of the great ones) struggling the same way early in their career? I dont know all the stats but just off the top of my head I know Eli Manning and Drew Brees are the two biggest I can think of. Eli was almost ran out of town the year before they won the Superbowl and he was awful as well. I just dont get why you wouldnt want to give this guy a chance with a new OC and at least be sure. But I guess it all comes down to that lack of patience that I cant blame you older guys for having.

Archived