Bar conversations....Would you trade Revis and this years #1 for Andrew Luck?

Matt39

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on guys.... Lets not kid ourselves, Revis is the reason this defense is palatable. w/o him we are average.

Luck is a huge question mark. Sanchez isn't the biggest problem that needs correcting on this team. That glorious distinction is on RT and FS. With some FA's and a solid draft this is a championship team!

No. Hell no. Revis is a potential hall-of-fame player drafted by the Jets and playing at an insane level. Luck is a probably very good-to great QB maybe in the NFL. Or maybe not so good. Sanchez was a top 5 pick. Could you imagine trading Revis for Sanchez straight-up (and you're talking about adding in one or two first rounders for Luck?). Complete nonsense. How about using our #1 to draft a good football player. That'd be a novel idea.

Rex Ryan has coached top-5 defenses without Darrelle Revis. So yes, you HAVE to do this if it was even remotely possible. We know Sanchez is not our franchise QB, and the onus is on every NFL team to FIND a franchise QB. If you don't have one, you won't win a championship. So, you roll the dice and hope Luck is what everyone says he is. If he's the next Manning, we accomplish a lot more than we would with Revis.

Rex Ryan has coached top-5 defenses without Darrelle Revis. So yes, you HAVE to do this if it was even remotely possible. We know Sanchez is not our franchise QB, and the onus is on every NFL team to FIND a franchise QB. If you don't have one, you won't win a championship. So, you roll the dice and hope Luck is what everyone says he is. If he's the next Manning, we accomplish a lot more than we would with Revis.

rex ryan defenses have always depended on the ability of his CB's. Dont forget he hand some good ones in baltimore as well as ed reed.

rex ryan defenses have always depended on the ability of his CB's. Dont forget he hand some good ones in baltimore as well as ed reed.

We invested a lot in Antonio Cromartie, who actually is BETTER at covering deep-threat type # 1 WR's than some of the # 2's he's faced. You also have to love what you've seen out of Kyle Wilson in his 2nd year. He's our most improved player from last year. And we can always draft more corners if we need to.

Make this trade, try to get an impact-making safety in the 2nd or 3rd round, and we go with Cromartie-Wilson-Strickland-Cole at corner and Leonhard-new guy at the safety positions, with Pool and Smith off the bench.

Championship (in 2 years).

Huge difference between having good CBs...which everyone wants...and relying on them as I think relying might be being used here.

The Jets could still field Cromartie/Wilson at CB and most teams would be a little jeally. Hell, Cromartie has McCallister's height and athleticism matched easy, and Wilson seems like he can become the competent, very good CB Rolle was in time. There's worse ideas than trading Revis....happened to the last "best CB in the game."

All that said, only for a QB or Demarcus Ware/Clay Matthews/Haloti Ngata.

revis aint worth a fraction of what u think he's worth to teams that don't play zero-man coverage. indy plays zone. if spagnuolo is still the guy in st louie he might know how to use him, but that said, he is valuable bc we play an aggressive man coverage. when he is in zone he is much easier to handle - MUCH.

I'd do it in a hearbeat for Luck. You also know that Revis wants to get paid so he is going to hold out whenever he can to make more money so I wouldn't hesitate to give him the boot for a position infinitely more important.

I would not do it for Manning because he is too old to rebuild a team around. Manning would be more of a win now patch. Lets face it Revis is the Defense without him we would be average at corner/line and below average at LB/Saftey.

Hell throw in Sanchez to sweeten the deal. /sacrasm

We invested a lot in Antonio Cromartie, who actually is BETTER at covering deep-threat type # 1 WR's than some of the # 2's he's faced. You also have to love what you've seen out of Kyle Wilson in his 2nd year. He's our most improved player from last year. And we can always draft more corners if we need to.

Make this trade, try to get an impact-making safety in the 2nd or 3rd round, and we go with Cromartie-Wilson-Strickland-Cole at corner and Leonhard-new guy at the safety positions, with Pool and Smith off the bench.

Championship (in 2 years).

I have seen very little out of Kyle Wilson improvement wise....maybe the SD game got everyone a little unrealistic concerning his play. The Giant game reinforced that opinion.

Tough call on trading Revis + for Luck. I guess we'd best be right that Luck is the real deal.

Revis is really quite good but lets be honest here.

GOAT? HOF probably but only if he has another terrific 4-5 yrs.

Please,GOAT is only brought up b/c he plays in NY where its sports stars are always inflated by the press and fans.

Jets "D" gave up close to 80 pts in must win games to Eagle and Giants with Revi$ at CB.

I honestly dont think it would have been any different with Wilson at CB.

So........yes, trade Revi$ and his huge contract, move Wilson to starting CB.

Also, Maybe this is why Rex wanted Aso so bad so they wouldnt have to deal with Revi$s next holdout.

I dont know if Luck is going to be as good as they say he is but it seems he is as close to cant miss as they come and we all know...............................Jets dont have a good QB.

Revis is really quite good but lets be honest here.

GOAT? HOF probably but only if he has another terrific 4-5 yrs.

Please,GOAT is only brought up b/c he plays in NY where its sports stars are always inflated by the press and fans.

Jets "D" gave up close to 80 pts in must win games to Eagle and Giants with Revi$ at CB.

I honestly dont think it would have been any different with Wilson at CB.

So........yes, trade Revi$ and his huge contract, move Wilson to starting CB.

Also, Maybe this is why Rex wanted Aso so bad so they wouldnt have to deal with Revi$s next holdout.

I dont know if Luck is going to be as good as they say he is but it seems he is as close to cant miss as they come and we all know...............................Jets dont have a good QB.

So the Jets have made the AFC Championship game the last two seasons without a good QB. Fine.

How did they make it then? A great defense. A good running game/offensive line.

So what is the difference this year? The defense isn't as good and the offensive line has been atrocious.

So you want to trade the best defensive player we have for an unknown QB who may not be any better than the "bad" QB we have now. That will likely limit the defensive and O-Line upgrades the Jets so badly need. That seems like going in the opposite direction of what this team needs to do.

I was hoping for some contract analysis out of you! Revis is getting paid a ton and don't the new rules make draft picks more valuable because of the rookie slots?

Draft picks are definitely more valuable than before because of the cost. The top 7 or 8 picks in the past has become negative values most years, now they are going to be higher values for trades. If Revis went to another team the cost is very low. His salaries the next two years are 7.5 million and 6 million. The prorated money vanishes if he is traded. So teams would trade for him. For the Jets its unrealistic though. Something like 16 million in dead cap so its definitely never going to happen. The Jets tradeable commodities are Cromartie, Holmes, and Ferguson.

Archived