Bar conversations....Would you trade Revis and this years #1 for Andrew Luck?

Matt39

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Draft picks are definitely more valuable than before because of the cost. The top 7 or 8 picks in the past has become negative values most years, now they are going to be higher values for trades. If Revis went to another team the cost is very low. His salaries the next two years are 7.5 million and 6 million. The prorated money vanishes if he is traded. So teams would trade for him. For the Jets its unrealistic though. Something like 16 million in dead cap so its definitely never going to happen. The Jets tradeable commodities are Cromartie, Holmes, and Ferguson.

Hmmm, I would consider trading Cro or Holmes pending the offer. D'Brick can't go anywhere. imo.

Now if you said...Trade Revis for Brees then I would say do it NOW.

But there's no chance the Saints would EVER do that unless Brees demanded to get out of NO and picked us as his destination of choice.

This situation is much more realistic. If the Rams earn the # 1 pick, they will be trying to get of the pick because they already have a lot of dough invested in Bradford. Or, if the Rams like Luck better, that puts Bradford on the market.

I'll be rooting like hell for Indy to beat the Jaguars this week and the Rams to lose to the Niners. Things will get VERY interesting in that scenario.

But there's no chance the Saints would EVER do that unless Brees demanded to get out of NO and picked us as his destination of choice.

This situation is much more realistic. If the Rams earn the # 1 pick, they will be trying to get of the pick because they already have a lot of dough invested in Bradford. Or, if the Rams like Luck better, that puts Bradford on the market.

I'll be rooting like hell for Indy to beat the Jaguars this week and the Rams to lose to the Niners. Things will get VERY interesting in that scenario.

It would get interesting. I just hope our team improves whatever comes our way. Revis is worth alot.

It would get interesting. I just hope our team improves whatever comes our way. Revis is worth alot.

Yes he is. But unfortunately CB's don't win titles. If the right opportunity comes, trading him before he can hold out again is the ballsy kind of move that could get us a title. Or get Tanny fired, which would make T0mShane equally happy. lol.

Yes he is. But unfortunately CB's don't win titles. If the right opportunity comes, trading him before he can hold out again is the ballsy kind of move that could get us a title. Or get Tanny fired, which would make T0mShane equally happy. lol.

Absolutely....

The only person I would trade Darrelle Revis for is Aaron Rodgers. People don't realize how good Revis is.

Yes we do. I believe he is already the greatest CB in the history of the game, and I'd be jumping up and down with joy if a deal like this happened.

When is the last time this Jets franchise had a star caliber QB that could carry the team? Yeah that is right you can not remember when.

Which is exactly why you roll the dice and make the move. Revis will never carry us to a title, Sanchez will never lead us to a title, but Luck MIGHT.

IMO, the Jets might be smart to pursue trading Revis anyway. I think his contract is manageable at this point, so the cap charge wouldn't be huge (I think). With all the holes on the roster, and with so much money tied up in a few players, if you could trade Revis for a bunch of picks, they should consider it. The added bonus, of course, is that it'd save Tannenbaum from getting dragged through the mud by his hair again when Revis holds out in a year.

IMO, the Jets might be smart to pursue trading Revis anyway. I think his contract is manageable at this point, so the cap charge wouldn't be huge (I think). With all the holes on the roster, and with so much money tied up in a few players, if you could trade Revis for a bunch of picks, they should consider it. The added bonus, of course, is that it'd save Tannenbaum from getting dragged through the mud by his hair again when Revis holds out in a year.

When we get Manning..we then trade Revis for many many draft picks to fill some holes.....Wilson fills the revis gap and if Wilson is 40-50% of Revis I would take the risk.....

When we get Manning..we then trade Revis for many many draft picks to fill some holes.....Wilson fills the revis gap and if Wilson is 40-50% of Revis I would take the risk.....

Not that I think we are getting Manning, but you would want to take all this risk for an injured QB that has at the most 2 season left, and quite possible only 1? What did you think of the Favre experiment?

I think a lot of people around here don't realize how much of a drop off there will be in this defense if Revis is jettisoned. The LB's are getting old and need to be replaced, not to mention 2 good safeties. Plus another CB or two would need to be added to replace Revis.

Too much risk and too much to replace IMO.

Yes..I do remember O'Brien...in fact I would love to have him on this Jets team during his prime...He would kick a$$.....he was one Tough bastard.

I was never a big O'brien fan. He did play like a superstar against the fish, but he really only had a couple of good seasons. He could not run for sh$t and would have been killed behind this line. Funny stat: O'brien had 0 career rushing TD's. Hard to do that as a full time starter for several seasons.

Not that I think we are getting Manning, but you would want to take all this risk for an injured QB that has at the most 2 season left, and quite possible only 1? What did you think of the Favre experiment?

I think a lot of people around here don't realize how much of a drop off there will be in this defense if Revis is jettisoned. The LB's are getting old and need to be replaced, not to mention 2 good safeties. Plus another CB or two would need to be added to replace Revis.

Too much risk and too much to replace IMO.

You make valid points.....my thought is this, somehow sign Manning (with a restructured contract). Retain Sanchez (also with a restructured contract).

If push came to shove I would want Revis here forever. If there is any indication he is or will be pushing again (hold-out)..I then take the risk I was mentioning, by trading him for draft picks (he would command at least 1 first rounder, a secon and perhaps a third) to fill holes we currently have....The major risk would be Wilson at his spot.

I was never a big O'brien fan. He did play like a superstar against the fish, but he really only had a couple of good seasons. He could not run for sh$t and would have been killed behind this line. Funny stat: O'brien had 0 career rushing TD's. Hard to do that as a full time starter for several seasons.

He would have been even better, however there was one year he lead the league in sacks and had multiple concusions...the dude still played in a couple of the games. If he did not get injuried in 86 who knows how far we would have gone...he played injured in the playoffs...The guy was tough....and did kick Marino's a$$ a few times.

Archived