Bar conversations....Would you trade Revis and this years #1 for Andrew Luck?

Matt39

You make valid points.....my thought is this, somehow sign Manning (with a restructured contract). Retain Sanchez (also with a restructured contract).

If push came to shove I would want Revis here forever. If there is any indication he is or will be pushing again (hold-out)..I then take the risk I was mentioning, by trading him for draft picks (he would command at least 1 first rounder, a secon and perhaps a third) to fill holes we currently have....The major risk would be Wilson at his spot.

You have a good point with a potential Revis holdout, but that remains to be seen.

I don't think there's anyway you can have both Manning and Sanchez. First, why would Sanchez restructure his contract to allow his replacement to come in? His fragile ego and confidence would be shattered as well, and he would be a malcontent. This would have worked if Sanchez was a rookie next season with a rookie salary cap and not starting from the get go. But it won't work now. This is Sanchez team. The minute you make it Manning's team, Sanchez must go.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have a good point with a potential Revis holdout, but that remains to be seen.

I don't think there's anyway you can have both Manning and Sanchez. First, why would Sanchez restructure his contract to allow his replacement to come in? His fragile ego and confidence would be shattered as well, and he would be a malcontent. This would have worked if Sanchez was a rookie next season with a rookie salary cap and not starting from the get go. But it won't work now. This is Sanchez team. The minute you make it Manning's team, Sanchez must go.

See my problem is I am really not ready to let Sanchez go...but if it came down to Manning or Sanchez....I have to go with Manning.

Everyone needs to relax Revis is the most important part of our defense. Sanchez has improved in almost every statistical category this year. Every year he improves and remember he only played one year of college so his best years are yet to come. Luck is not that good RG3 is actually better I think. We are going to fine guys everyone needs to relax

He would have been even better, however there was one year he lead the league in sacks and had multiple concusions...the dude still played in a couple of the games. If he did not get injuried in 86 who knows how far we would have gone...he played injured in the playoffs...The guy was tough....and did kick Marino's a$$ a few times.

Oh there's no doubt he was tough. Unfortunately his immobility caused a lot of his injuries. He will forever be looked down upon as well since Marino was passed over for him. Man it really gets me mad when I think that we could have drafted Marino, or Manning.

See my problem is I am really not ready to let Sanchez go...but if it came down to Manning or Sanchez....I have to go with Manning.

I would if Manning realistically had more than a season or 2 left. There's just too much risk and too much to give up, plus it didn't work out with Favre. I'd like to see what Sanchez can do with a compentent OC and QB coach before giving up on him

Oh there's no doubt he was tough. Unfortunately his immobility caused a lot of his injuries. He will forever be looked down upon as well since Marino was passed over for him. Man it really gets me mad when I think that we could have drafted Marino, or Manning.

I remember talking with my brother back then about Marino...if we had Marino as our QB, coupled with the running game we had....and then throw in the defense...you are talking major power in the NFL for years...it would have been Jets-49ners like forever in the SBs........Manning...our FO shat the bed with that bonehead move

I remember talking with my brother back then about Marino...if we had Marino as our QB, coupled with the running game we had....and then throw in the defense...you are talking major power in the NFL for years...it would have been Jets-49ners like forever in the SBs........Manning...our FO shat the bed with that bonehead move

Specifically the Tuna. Man what could have been in either case. Yes Marino would have won at least 2 SB's with us, no doubt about it. If I'm not mistaken that was another Pat Hickey blunder.

HAH

You do not know me well enough I am being sarcastic- still a loser hear him put down the Jets on CBS

Ohhhhh got it...the reason he puts the Jets down is because he was passed up by us in the draft...guess who his idol was? And that's why he is somewhat bitter.

Everyone needs to relax Revis is the most important part of our defense. Sanchez has improved in almost every statistical category this year. Every year he improves and remember he only played one year of college so his best years are yet to come. Luck is not that good RG3 is actually better I think. We are going to fine guys everyone needs to relax

Relax? I thought we were in a bar. You're going to have a hell of a time getting us to relax!

I know but he is no way a loser....that's just really sour grapes

Why? I thought you had to win the super bowl or you were a failure? Marino won as many as Brian Schottenheimer. I can see disputing a claim the guy is a bad QB, but saying he is a loser is as defensible a position as saying we'd have won all these super bowls with him at QB.

Relax? I thought we were in a bar. You're going to have a hell of a time getting us to relax!

Why? I thought you had to win the super bowl or you were a failure? Marino won as many as Brian Schottenheimer. I can see disputing a claim the guy is a bad QB, but saying he is a loser is as defensible a position as saying we'd have won all these super bowls with him at QB.

I see you point but it still would have been interesting to watch Marino on our team back then...

Of course you do it. No brainer. Not many Qb's out there, tons of good CB's not Revis level...but clearly Revis doesnt matter that much.

Would Revis matter much if the Jets had some safeties that could cover as well?

Look at all the difference that a mediocre Jim Leonhard makes with the secondary. Imagine what a true cover safety could do for this defense (and imagine ven more if there was a true pass rusher.

You don't bastardize a set piece of your foundation, to fill a leak somewhere else, because what you ma actually do is create 2 holes in the process.

You don't bastardize a set piece of your foundation, to fill a leak somewhere else, because what you ma actually do is create 2 holes in the process.

If Revis holds out again next offseason we'll have 2 holes anyways. The QB position will have to be dealt with eventually, better to do it now rather than later, with some potential for some really good QB's on the market. Or we can just go 8-8 with Revis next year.

If Revis holds out again next offseason we'll have 2 holes anyways. The QB position will have to be dealt with eventually, better to do it now rather than later, with some potential for some really good QB's on the market. Or we can just go 8-8 with Revis next year.

You don't build a football team and manage it from a series of "ifs".

And, you do not give up on a QB that you invested in after 3years (particularly when you are going to change the dynamics of your offense-a new coordinator).

So, when everyone was watching the Fiesta Bowl last night, what did they imagine the Jets record would have been if we had Luck this year? I'd say around 11-5.

Yeah, Luck is more NFL ready today then Sanchez is.. going to be a good QB...

But that coach should be fired, how do you play for a 40 yard FG with a frosh kicker rather then put the ball in the best player in college football's hands???

You don't build a football team and manage it from a series of "ifs".

And, you do not give up on a QB that you invested in after 3years (particularly when you are going to change the dynamics of your offense-a new coordinator).

The only people that think Sanchez is a good QB are Jets fans... I live in Philly area, and Philly fans got two weeks of intently watching Sanchez against eagles, and then needing to beat Giants for eagles playoff hopes to stay alive. Everyone I've talked to think he's clearly one of the worst QB's in football.. The stats show that as well.. heard a guy on the radio ask a host to name 1 team that would def swap QB's with Jets and they couldn't name 1. I couldn't either!

I've given up hope in evaluating college QB's. Luck looks like the real deal, but college defenses are so pathetic its really impossible to gauge.

That's true when you play for USC and your receivers are 5 yards open all year. Luck's guys on the outside are slow

Yeah, Luck is more NFL ready today then Sanchez is.. going to be a good QB...

But that coach should be fired, how do you play for a 40 yard FG with a frosh kicker rather then put the ball in the best player in college football's hands???

Yeah, I didn't get that decision at all. Luck was cutting them up throwing to white guys and the kicker had already missed that night. Played scared and lost.

I'd do Revis and the 16th for Luck. We were 8-8 with the best CB of everdom. Why? Because QBs win games in today's NFL. Everything else is just support staff.

The only people that think Sanchez is a good QB are Jets fans... I live in Philly area, and Philly fans got two weeks of intently watching Sanchez against eagles, and then needing to beat Giants for eagles playoff hopes to stay alive. Everyone I've talked to think he's clearly one of the worst QB's in football.. The stats show that as well.. heard a guy on the radio ask a host to name 1 team that would def swap QB's with Jets and they couldn't name 1. I couldn't either!

Not for Curtis Painter?

Sanchez will be a great great back up someday.

I live in Philly also, and many of those same fans said last year that Sanchez had a very bright future.

He definitely took a turn for the worse this year. But, that is not how you totally evaluate a qb. Despite what Eagle fans say.

Yeah, I didn't get that decision at all. Luck was cutting them up throwing to white guys and the kicker had already missed that night. Played scared and lost.

Scared and stupid.. I mean, how could you even think that was the safer option??

I'd do Revis and the 16th for Luck. We were 8-8 with the best CB of everdom. Why? Because QBs win games in today's NFL. Everything else is just support staff.

a month ago I would've said no way, but at this point Sanchez just looks done

I live in Philly also, and many of those same fans said last year that Sanchez had a very bright future.

He definitely took a turn for the worse this year. But, that is not how you totally evaluate a qb. Despite what Eagle fans say.

No, but it does add context to how significantly Sanchez is overrated here

Archived