Callahan not renewing contract with jets after this year

harts724

I'd prefer someone outside the org myself. Fire the entire offensive coaching staff & let the new guy hire his own assistants. I've soured on Cally myself after the poor line play. Plus it would be better to have a total fresh start on O. As others have said, a guy like Turner with HC experience would be great since rex is clueless on O.

How about REX picking the new OC and assistants? He was saddled with Schottenheimer and most of those guys from the start. I would like to see him choose his own staff. Of course, this probably means Cavanaugh who he brought over and most people here aren't in love with that. I'm not that in love with Callahan either.

I shake my fist at you, vigorously.

Don't forget to stomp your foot!

Could this thread be less relevant? Discuss.

If this was last year it would have been scary. The year that the line had this year though makes it seem less scary.

The unknown is a bit scary though so hopefully the OLine does not take a step backwards next year.

jets.gif

Rich Cimini (ESPN NY) has reported that New York Jets Assistant Head Coach Bill Callahan turned down a contract extension from the Jets.  With the future of Offensive Coordinator Brian Schottenheimer in doubt, Callahan’s name would have been on the list of possible replacements.

From Cimini:

The Jets tried to sign Callahan to an extension, even recently, but he decided to keep his options open — and now he could have leverage. But that’s not the story right now; the story is Schottenheimer and how the Jets’ offense has gone into the dumpster the last two weeks.

Callahan has been credited with the success of the Jets offensive line the past few seasons.  The Jets would definitely like him back in the same capacity but the appeal of a larger role could have Callahan keeping his options option.

You can read more about this in our

di</img>

di</img>_aeGcw5E6JI

View the full article

Archived