Santonio Holmes: MERGED

FloridaJetsFan

Tried to act like a pro by fighting in the huddle and then sitting on the bench at the end? Sorry. Not buying it. He's a f#cking piece of sh!t punk who feels he's entitled to the ball because he's got a streak going and is paid well.

You don't know the whole story. I don't either. Let's hear it all.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jenny Vrentas @JennyVrentas 10m

Holmes' teammates questioned Holmes' passion, in this game and the season. Tomlinson this sparked an argument in huddle in 4Q. #nyj

3:57 PM - 1 Jan 12 via UberSocial for BlackBerry · Details

profilepic_normal.jpgJenny Vrentas @JennyVrentas 11m

Late in the fourth quarter, WRs coach Henry Ellard sent Patrick Turner into the huddle and said to get Holmes out of there. #nyj

Santonio Holmes asked if he wants to return to the Jets next year. Doesn't answer question, walks off podium, says, "Thank you guys."#oy

Some of the context was lost here. Mthey asked if he'd want to return if the team was constructed the same. That's a big difference. It's obvious he didn't get along with shottenheimrr

Holmes is a diva WR who doesn't see the ball all game. I don't forgive what he did but I understand it. ANy WR is only as good as his QB. and Holmes QB is awful right now.

He's getting paid $10 million a season. I don't care if Max was his QB, there's no excuses for the sh*t he's pulled this season. This may be the worst example, but this is FAR from the first. He's been a mess all season long, and has been making the contract the Jets gave him look absolutely idiotic.

Holmes is a diva WR who doesn't see the ball all game. I don't forgive what he did but I understand it. ANy WR is only as good as his QB. and Holmes QB is awful right now.

There's some truth to this but it's still inexcusable, THIS is why we got him for a 5

He's selfish and a punk. Do your f#cking job and stop bitching youre not having the ball thrown to you. Get open more, block better, and most of all, ACT LIKE A PROFESSIONAL.

Jets are playing to save the season, he takes himself out of the game. That isn't being a competitor, its actually the opposite, its being a quitter.

I dont condone the behavior but I understand his frustration.

What I find interesting is that he's doing something, albeit not the right thing, but something to try and wake the team up and realize their offense sucks and everyone hates him for it but everyone is pissed at Rex for doing nothing.

I dont condone the behavior but I understand his frustration.

What I find interesting is that he's doing something, albeit not the right thing, but something to try and wake the team up and realize their offense sucks and everyone hates him for it but everyone is pissed at Rex for doing nothing.

I think you meant to type, "Man, was I wrong about this guy."

He's pissed. He's a competitor. He's a Football player, a WR, and he doesnt get the ball. I'd be pissed too if my offense was struggling, team losing, QB sucking and I was only targeted once.

Which is why the ONLY issue I have with Holmes is really my issue with Rex for making the ******* guy a Captain. sh*t like that does matter. You CAN NOT be the team Captain and act like a jackass which Holmes is. One of the worst football decisions Rex has ever made...

I put this ALL on Rex. That f*cking nitwit wanted to run a pirate ship, well, he's got himself a pirate ship.

Sad but true. Sooner or later you had to know this decision that filling the team full of everyone else's rejects was going to catch up with the Jets. While some of these guys have gotten their crap together, thinking you can get away with filling your entire team with more and more of them without any repercussions is ridiculous.

rodboone Rod Boone

LaDainian on Santonio: "It’s tough for the guys to follow a captain that kind of behaves in that manner."

I stand corrected

If this was the cause of the argument then it is e fault of both santonio AND the other person. Discuss this in the locker room after game.

Did you see some of our QB's picks? I can understand the frustration. I don't understand his immaturity

All good WRs are psychos and divas. Holmes, however, is also a cancer. The Steelers might have the best personnel department in the league and they dumped Holmes in the street. Now we know why.

All good WRs are psychos and divas. Holmes, however, is also a cancer. The Steelers might have the best personnel department in the league and they dumped Holmes in the street. Now we know why.

Not really man.

I can appreciate how frustrated the man is. Our offense was an all time bad this year. No speed, sh*t line( AND THAT INCLUDES BRICK, HE CAN GO **** HIMSELF) terrible QB play.

If a WR doesn't have a ball thrown his way, he gets frusterated

Was it professional? No

But the football player came out and said "I can make a play, get me the ******* ball"

Your kissing of his balls and begging for him to be re-signed. Now the guy is an inoperable cancer.

Meh, Still think he was the right WR to resign. The guy was targeted once during a game where the offense was horrific. I get his frustration. Why be on the field if you're not going to get your best play maker the ball when the offense is struggling?

Like I said, I dont condone his behavior but get the frustration. He's a baller stuck in an inept offense.

Larry Fitzgerald just called and said hello.

Archived