This is about to get very bad...

nj meadowlands

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100% true. It was all because they never once threw to him, which in his defense, I don't understand why not. He is our best WR.

They never threw to him because he wasn’t running his routes. He was just trotting around out there. This wasn’t something that happened because two passionate players exploded in the huddle. It was brewing since the 2nd ¼.

I suspect it has been brewing all year and came to a head when he just quit with the season on the line. It wasn’t just one player. It was several, and a coach. Which was probably Ellard. I don’t know what he looks like so I can’t say for sure, but Holmes just turned and walked away when he came to talk to him.

It seems the player he first got into it with in the huddle was Hunter, then Slauson screamed at him, and he was gone. It says in the paper that Turner tapped him on the shoulder and told him to sit. I didn’t see that. It might have.

IMO here’s how they will handle it. Schotty is probably already fired, and it will be announced at the presser this afternoon. Hunter will be cut soon, as he should.

Rex is going to come out and take the blame. Nothing else will be said by the Jets publicly.

In the off season Rex will kiss Holmes a$$. They can’t cut him. They are tight against the cap right now. They can’t pay 9 million to cut a player.

Hopefully Rex, who I love, will learn something from all this and make his players more accountable, and stop with the trash talk some.

Hopefully the players will shut up on tweeter and let this heal.

This is where a real GM takes a giant step backward and evaluates everyone rationally and dispasstionately. You do not make snap decisions. And the problem with a big emotional coach like REx Ryan is someone has to be the a rational influence to stop him from stupid unconsidered decisions like we might be about to see.

This is where a real GM takes a giant step backward and evaluates everyone rationally and dispasstionately. You do not make snap decisions. And the problem with a big emotional coach like REx Ryan is someone has to be the a rational influence to stop him from stupid unconsidered decisions like we might be about to see.

Agree

IMO that is why he is going to do a joint presser with Rex.

1) To announce the dismissal of Schotty. (We really love the guy but think i is in both the best interest of the team and Brian, to go in another direction"

2) To prevent Rex from going on a crazy rant, and beating up Cimini

When rex says "play like a Jet" in order for that to work the team has to have an "us against the world" attitude. if they have an "us against us" attitude Rex has lost the team.

That has to be ended today. And that means Rex has to be more responsible himself

@PeterBottePeter Botte

Brandon Moore said Rex's message was "we have to get back to being a team and not a bunch of individuals." Yes, that'd be a start

http://twitter.com/#...brandon%20moore

Good call. It only took him 16 weeks to figure this out

The good news is I've heard Santonio Holmes is out as Captain. Rex is going in another direction with it, word out of Florham Park is he's bringing in Lawrence Phillips for some veteran leadership next season

OMG.. We lost and everyone hates one another. Big ******* deal. It's easy to be a team when your winning and by most accounts over achieving. This year reality set in. We have a team with a crappy QB led by a head coach/ DC and an OC that can no longer cover him up. Last two years our great run game, stellar defense and a Crusher size helping of luck hid the family secret.. SANCHEZ IS NOT THE ANSWER, At least not right now.

So stop with the Rex talk. Yeah his a big dumb oaf but he can coach the hell outta a defense and made the previous two years a lot of fun to watch.

Shotty will go but if Sanchez stays so will the guy that replaces him.

Santonio. Get the guy the ******* ball and a chance to win and he'll still be a thugturd but a thugturd that catches foootballs in big spots.

Green? **** Shonne Greene. he's a jag that wars pink panties. Has NO toughness. Get us a young stud and bring LT back for another year.

Good call. It only took him 16 weeks to figure this out

The good news is I've heard Santonio Holmes is out as Captain. Rex is going another direction, word out of Florham Park is he's bringing in Lawrence Phillips for some vetern leadership next season

The nature of the business is to swing from one coaching extreme to the other; player's coach/Herm Edwards/idiotRobinson brinigng AK47 in his car after 9/11 to control freak Mangini drafting the Boar Hunter to Rex and Holmes. You always pick the opposite hoping for positivr change. But both types have downsides. In Edwards' case he was also an imbecile.

The nature of the business is to swing from one coaching extreme to the other; player's coach/Herm Edwards/idiotRobinson brinigng AK47 in his car after 9/11 to control freak Mangini drafting the Boar Hunter to Rex and Holmes. You always pick the opposite hoping for positivr change. But both types have downsides. In Edwards' case he was also an imbecile.

Yup, that is the pendulum that is ownership. The good ones know when to make the move, and know who the next great ones are.

Look at the Rooneys. Good decisions after good decisions. Never knee jerk

So your saying that at the presser today Mike T is going to announce that the Jets are going to demote Rex to DC, and hire Rob as Head Coach?

Can't wait

JK

So your saying that at the presser today Mike T is going to announce that the Jets are going to demote Rex to DC, and hire Rob as Head Coach?

Can't wait

JK

No. Simply Rex Ryan is an emotional player's coach. He is not going to change his personlaity overnight. He either needs the GM to be the bad cop, or he needs a bad cop or 2 as coordinators to be hardasses. Pettine seems like a very sharp guy, but clear Schitty wasn't getting in anyone's face. Nobody is being held responsible for failure. And that cannot be acceptable going forward.

No. Simply Rex Ryan is an emotional player's coach. He is not going to change his personlaity overnight. He either needs the GM to be the bad cop, or he needs a bad cop or 2 as coordinators to be hardasses. Pettine seems like a very sharp guy, but clear Schitty wasn't getting in anyone's face. Nobody is being held responsible for failure. And that cannot be acceptable going forward.

I agree

Was just busting chops

I think he was saying he'd like to really know what happened to the locker room, something a little more in depth than the obvious from a fan. It was almost not even a question to be answered. Like, I wonder who shot JFK. We know he was shot b/c he was the president and had lost of enemies. That type of thing.

OK. I was just saying, I think it doesn't have to be much more than that. It's not surprising that they're upset given the circumstances (being a playoff team for years and then dropping off.. and ending it on a sour note, to boot.)

Archived