This is about to get very bad...

nj meadowlands

Being upset with Sanchez and Schotty. They brought Holmes in to be a star, then designed a gameplan that doesn't involve him at all. Mostly because the QB can't really throw the ball, and the OC's cost benefit has left them with the idea that not trying and playing super conservative is better than attempting to pass outside.

He didn't handle it well, but Holmes should be upset.

Holmes knew what he was in for when he signed the contract.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The signing of Holmes for that much was stupid to begin with. He isnt a star by any stretch. Decent player when he wants to be. sh*tty hands, lazy...and an obvious malcontent the first sign of adversity. He doesnt have the right to be upset about anything.

super bowl mvp? he is the best offensive weapon we have. Age old tactic is to give it to your playmakers, jets didnt get the memo

The signing of Holmes for that much was stupid to begin with. He isnt a star by any stretch. Decent player when he wants to be. sh*tty hands, lazy...and an obvious malcontent the first sign of adversity. He doesnt have the right to be upset about anything.

Lets see how much balls the Jets FO has. This is the exact same kind of reason Rhodes was cut. They haven't replaced him yet.

And yet, besides maybe Mangold, easily the most talented player on offense.

And you know what else? Again, he's acting like a bitch, but at least he's showing passion about wanting to win. You don't here him saying, "we need to get better", or some other bullsh*t colloquialism that means absolutely 0.

Holmes knew what he was in for when he signed the contract.

He had a bigger role last year. I'm assuming that he believed, like most people, that Sanchez would take a step forward, rather than staying the same, if not getting worse.

Football players want to play football. Nothing more to say about that.

He needed to work harder. He still needs to work harder. He has talent, but without effort, what is it good for?

Also his stats on the season were similar to last year. He was the one that chose to sign that contract that was worth a fortune. So for him to turn around and bitch about it now is laughable. He has no ground to stand on here, he's a total douche.

And you know what else? Again, he's acting like a bitch, but at least he's showing passion about wanting to win. You don't here him saying, "we need to get better", or some other bullsh*t colloquialism that means absolutely 0.

Our best player on offense is an average WR.

Right after he was the SB MVP pittsburgh kicked him out the door.

There was a reason for that

Ben's rape allegations at the time were a factor. Steelers did not want two discipline problems/media targets on the team.

They chose to keep their QB over the WR.

Ray Lewis shows passion about wanting to win, santonio does not.

He needed to work harder. He still needs to work harder. He has talent, but without effort, what is it good for?

Also his stats on the season were similar to last year. He was the one that chose to sign that contract that was worth a fortune. So for him to turn around and bitch about it now is laughable. He has no ground to stand on here, he's a total douche.

So, his stats were "similar" when he played 3/4 of the games. That's not a problem?

I'm not saying his effort was good, but you know what, in his position, what was the motivation to work hard? Sanchez was horrendous this year and couldn't get him the ball, and Schotty gameplanned around that fact.

If Holmes and Scott and Schottenheimer are released, how does Woody not fire Tannenbaum?

Schottenheimer... he got a fair chance.. . I wouldn't fire over that.

Scott ... he just got old. He won't be released though, just restructured again if I had to guess.

Holmes ... Tough one here, but the guy is a good player, and while he is handling it TERRIBLY, he's not wrong with a lot of the points he is making.

Just got off the phone with a couple of my freinds who are Jets fans and I said the same exact thing. Bring back Braylon.

Should have kept him all along. 1) cheaper, 2) he bought into the system, 3) he stretched the field, 4) he didn't dog it on the field.

In fact, what exactly did Santonio have over Braylon? A superbowl MVP is a trophy, not a skill.

Is he faster? Really? Have you seen him stretch the field all season? Not once.

Is he taller? No.

Is he tougher? No.

Is he a better blocker? No.

Does he create separation on his own? No.

Do we have a 5th round rookie on the team that does everything he does, and does it better? .....maybe.

Should have kept him all along. 1) cheaper, 2) he bought into the system, 3) he stretched the field, 4) he didn't dog it on the field.

In fact, what exactly did Santonio have over Braylon? A superbowl MVP is a trophy, not a skill.

Is he faster? Really? Have you seen him stretch the field all season? Not once.

Is he taller? No.

Is he tougher? No.

Is he a better blocker? No.

Does he create separation on his own? No.

Do we have a 5th round rookie on the team that does everything he does, and does it better? .....maybe.

If this were true, why was Braylon's best offer from 31 other NFL teams a 1 year deal for minimal money?

So, his stats were "similar" when he played 3/4 of the games. That's not a problem?

I'm not saying his effort was good, but you know what, in his position, what was the motivation to work hard?

I don't know, but I will say this. Plaxico Burress worked pretty hard most of the season. And he never whined and moaned, despite the offense having trouble getting him the ball.

If you can make Plax look like a team player, that's how you know you're selfish.

I'm not saying his effort was good, but you know what, in his position, what was the motivation to work hard? Sanchez was horrendous this year and couldn't get him the ball, and Schotty gameplanned around that fact.

His motivation??? Are you kidding or just trying to wrap your endless agenda with yet another item that has nothing to do with Holmes. Holmes profession, contract, captain status and the fact that he is part of the team was his freaking motivation.

You have gone overboard with the Sanchez stuff.

Correct and one Pitt could not wit to get rid of. I understand getting frustrated but as a Vet he needed to handle much better.....gives up on routes etc. EY as usual trying to blame this on Sanchez is crazy.

Well, Santonio does. I happen to agree. And, the fact that Santonio has performed on a high level and Sanchez has not, I'll take talent. Jets fans pretty much hate talent.

Correct and one Pitt could not wit to get rid of. I understand getting frustrated but as a Vet he needed to handle much better.....gives up on routes etc. EY as usual trying to blame this on Sanchez is crazy.

It didnt look that good...but the offense moved the ball once Holmes came out. The offense looked better prior to his arrival last year.

He caught a slant against the Browns and two Browns collided and he scored. Tone time.

Well, Santonio does. I happen to agree. And, the fact that Santonio has performed on a high level and Sanchez has not, I'll take talent. Jets fans pretty much hate talent.

What the **** are you talking about?

Holmes is a dog and a quitter. He's the fist guy to jump ship when things go wrong. He's gotten kicked off of two teams in two years for being a jack a$$. But its the Jets fans fault because we hate talent.

I don't know, but I will say this. Plaxico Burress worked pretty hard most of the season. And he never whined and moaned, despite the offense having trouble getting him the ball.

If you can make Plax look like a team player, that's how you know you're selfish.

Again, nothing I'm saying has to do with Santonio being right in his actions, just in his understanding of the situation, and his value over the QB and the OC.

As for Plax, dude shot himself in the leg and got a contract out of jail. I don't think "being next to Holmes" is what made him look like a changed guy.

If this were true, why was Braylon's best offer from 31 other NFL teams a 1 year deal for minimal money?

Would Santonio have gotten much more? I don't know.

Tell ya this much, I'm still waiting to hear why he's so much better. No one has bothered to explain that.

I'll tell you what. If we could have Santonio for vet minimum next year or Braylon for twice the price, I would take Braylon.

The fact that he's acutally cheaper just sweetens the pot.

His motivation??? Are you kidding or just trying to wrap your endless agenda with yet another item that has nothing to do with Holmes. Holmes profession, contract, captain status and the fact that he is part of the team was his freaking motivation.

You have gone overboard with the Sanchez stuff.

Getting the ball is the only motivation a WR has during the game.

Yeah ike the Eagle game. He blows up our chances b4 the game is even a qtr old and then celebrates a meaningless TD. Yep.....Santonio is always right.

Tell ya this much, I'm still waiting to hear why he's so much better. No one has bothered to explain that.

I'll tell you what. If we could have Santonio for vet minimum next year or Braylon for twice the price, I would take Braylon.

I actually wanted to keep Braylon over him as well. But, what's done is done, and Braylon's value was proven this year.

What we have now is the most talented player outside of our center on offense upset because he's been phased out. That's a problem.

Cause he is squirrelly? Or cause he looks like he enjoys the crack?

Santonio Holmes has caught more than 55 balls once in his career and has never caught more than 80...

Archived