Next Offensive Coordinator

Lupz27

It's all but official (I hope) that Schotty will be gone, everyone is talking about Callahan, Norv Turner, and the Packers guy.

The only one on that list that I think would be a real canidate IF, (he is the head coach he should be) Rex is included and has a heavy influence on who the Jets sign, would be Callahan.

If Rex is indeed pulling the trigger on this coach it probably will come from, a Harbaugh (either brother) decipal, or a Kubiak decipal, the Jets philosophy when Rex is the head coach is and always be ground, and pound, that's what he wants, but he doesn't care what kind of passing system is installed to compliment the ground and pound, that he will leave up to the Offensive Coordinator as long as it does not lead to turning the ball over. Both Kubiak, and Harbaugh styles are very heavy run oriented systems and are complimented with Play action DOWN FIELD passing game, and, then after they loosen up the D with the down field passing they hit them with a VERY effective RB screen game. All of this would compliment what Rex wants as a coach, ball control, and points associated with that ball control, keeping his defense fresh, and playing from ahead so he can wreck havoc with his defensive scheme opening up the whole play book, once the other team becomes one dimensional, thats when Rex Ryan's defenses are at there best.

I don't know who is available and/or qualified from those 3 teams, but if there is anyone who is coordinator worthy look for the Jets to look there if Rex is pulling the string on this.

hire someone from outside the organization please.

Agreed. I simply can not see that anyone already associated with our offense is going to improve it. I would like to see everyone go. the whole damn offensive staff

i havent really looked to see who would be a candidate for OC around the NFL.

I just dont want anyone who had any association with this debacle this year.

It will be a Rex hand picked guy I believe, and it will prob come from the Ravens offensive privy concepts, IE Harbaugh decipal like I stated in OP.

no callahan.. i'd prefer an upstart QB coach.. Our best shot of getting Sanchez some confidence boosting good games is to have a guy that nobodies got a book on

Callahan would be a disaster. Sure he took oak to the SB. With grudens offense and players. He wasn't even smart enough to change the calls and audibles for the SB against gruden.

where did you hear this ?

It's well known. It was talked about a ton of times. I even heard it from Jon Ritchie, raiders fb during the SB, on espn radio with gottlieb filling in for mike and mike the other day.

Sapp has talked about this too how they were coached up OB the audibles and that was how dexter Jackson knew to break to those picks he had and not worth about deep.

It's well known. It was talked about a ton of times. I even heard it from Jon Ritchie, raiders fb during the SB, on espn radio with gottlieb filling in for mike and mike the other day.

Sapp has talked about this too how they were coached up OB the audibles and that was how dexter Jackson knew to break to those picks he had and not worth about deep.

Well thats jacked up. I wanted Callahan mid season to replace Shotty because i figured if they were going to dump him mid season, get someone familar with the terminology . Since this will go into the offseason Im sure they can broaden the search

Agreed. I simply can not see that anyone already associated with our offense is going to improve it. I would like to see everyone go. the whole damn offensive staff

keep mangold,kerley, and slauson, and then fire all the offensive players while you are at it

I like Tom Clements. I was going to write a long post about Tom Clements. I did some research into Tom Clements. He's Brian Schottenheimer if Brian Schottenheimer had 4 less years of OC experience, got credit for getting crappy QBs to the playoffs as an OC (which Clements didn't do anyway), or got credit for being the QB coach of great young QBs (which hasn't really happened yet for Clements, but someone will do it here).

While I'm very "f the Packers," I'd mind this guy way less than I'd mind that loser Norv Turner.

It's all but official (I hope) that Schotty will be gone, everyone is talking about Callahan, Norv Turner, and the Packers guy.

The only one on that list that I think would be a real canidate IF, (he is the head coach he should be) Rex is included and has a heavy influence on who the Jets sign, would be Callahan.

If Rex is indeed pulling the trigger on this coach it probably will come from, a Harbaugh (either brother) decipal, or a Kubiak decipal, the Jets philosophy when Rex is the head coach is and always be ground, and pound, that's what he wants, but he doesn't care what kind of passing system is installed to compliment the ground and pound, that he will leave up to the Offensive Coordinator as long as it does not lead to turning the ball over. Both Kubiak, and Harbaugh styles are very heavy run oriented systems and are complimented with Play action DOWN FIELD passing game, and, then after they loosen up the D with the down field passing they hit them with a VERY effective RB screen game. All of this would compliment what Rex wants as a coach, ball control, and points associated with that ball control, keeping his defense fresh, and playing from ahead so he can wreck havoc with his defensive scheme opening up the whole play book, once the other team becomes one dimensional, thats when Rex Ryan's defenses are at there best.

I don't know who is available and/or qualified from those 3 teams, but if there is anyone who is coordinator worthy look for the Jets to look there if Rex is pulling the string on this.

Great post...

Not that I would like this move since we really dont have the personnel for it but is it true Mike Martz will not re sign with the bears ? is he hanging it up or looking for a head coaching gig ?

OMG I'm still laughing at the idea of Sanchez trying to run Martz's offense. OMG tears.

I like Tom Clements. I was going to write a long post about Tom Clements. I did some research into Tom Clements. He's Brian Schottenheimer if Brian Schottenheimer had 4 less years of OC experience, got credit for getting crappy QBs to the playoffs as an OC (which Clements didn't do anyway), or got credit for being the QB coach of great young QBs (which hasn't really happened yet for Clements, but someone will do it here).

While I'm very "f the Packers," I'd mind this guy way less than I'd mind that loser Norv Turner.

Rex has 1 yr of connection with the harbaughs. Don't read too much into the 1 yr

Archived