Rex Ryan's and Mike Tannenbaum Press Conference - Monday 1/2/12 at 3pm

Maxman

bahaha.. reading this thread concurrently makes the PC way more enjoyable

some people were positive sh*tty would be out of here 3 years ago I think in this case they were telling the truth. If that idiot does nto get a HC gig hes going to be back other wise why call the damn press conference ?? So you can have egg on your face in a few weeks after you fire him ?

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I'm, convinced this is a total fan fantasy. That there is ANY desire by Rex and Tanny to "get rid" of Shotty, one way (firing) or the other (new HC job).

Put simply, there is no reason the Jets FO needs to take a "easy way out", in fact it's entirely counterproductive.

If they wanted to improve the O-Co spot, the only decision is to fire him immediately, then put the press on all the best possible replacements now, asap, before others (and other new HC's) get a jump on them.

Sorry, there is simply no evidence that the team wants rid of Shotty, they've had every opportunity over the time he's been here, and never once showed anything to indicate they want rid of him.

Agreed, Schotty understands this he said earlier this week if you want to be a coach you will be fired multiple times, it comes with the territory.

You found that captaincy bullsh*t to be convincing?

I think you have to accept the fact that a) cutting holmes would result in something like 12M in cap space. and b ) singling him out now as a goat significantly reduces his trade value.

Seriously, what do you want, Tanny and Rex to be idiots, trash the guy and cut? Resulting in 10% of our cap being dead space and getting nothing in return for what's probably our second most talented player?

Then I'd be complaining, not now

What a waste of time. Rex doesn't understand why fans blame schotty? Can someone tell that a$$hole that we were one of the 5 worst offenses this season and Sanchez hasn't progressed at all. I've never seen an offensive coordinator whose on the hot seat but is being considered for head coaching jobs it makes no sense at all if he's this bad as an offensive coordinator than why would anyone want to reward him with a head coaching job.

The same reason why Rex is a phenomenal defensive coordinator and people don't like him as a head-coach; Schotty is not a good coordinator, but he may very well have all the tools to be a good head-coach, they require very different qualities and skills.

Dude faneca has been gone for two years where have you been and I don't think it's lack of a deep threat with Holmes we just never tried to throw it deep I mean for the amount of times we threw the ball this year we barely even took a chance going deep and that falls on schotty but I agree with you that schotty needs to go. But as far ducasse goes he's a bust. I don't know who you were watching but vladimir got abused this season and looked like he didn't know what to do he got flagged often and he almost got Sanchez killed numerous times. Too big and slow. Hunter must go but I think you can live with slauson he's not that bad

Sorry about the Faneca quote I accidentally threw his name in. In my opinion I think Ducasse did play well at times this season, but you're right I think he got abused at others. Definitely better, IMO, than Hunter (and I've gotta disagree with you on Slauson). Eben Britton on the Jags I think is going to be a FA and,IMO, would be a great long term solution at G for the Jets, if Woody can afford him.

I think you have to accept the fact that a) cutting holmes would result in something like 12M in cap space. and b ) singling him out now as a goat significantly reduces his trade value.

Seriously, what do you want, Tanny and Rex to be idiots, trash the guy and cut? Resulting in 10% of our cap being dead space and getting nothing in return for what's probably our second most talented player?

No, but it's about 30 minuets to late to worry about that now. The cat's out of the bag

And I'm, convinced this is a total fan fantasy. That there is ANY desire by Rex and Tanny to "get rid" of Shotty, one way (firing) or the other (new HC job).

Put simply, there is no reason the Jets FO needs to take a "easy way out", in fact it's entirely counterproductive.

There is, firing a coach whose interviewing for a promotion in a few days wouldn't help us land other coaches in the future..

Plus, I'm sure you're right, they probably like the guy and personally don't want to do something like that.

And again, I think sanchez is by far the bigger problem and am largely ambivalent to whether or not schotty goes... I think he needs to go to spare sanchez the heat, but I'm not wishing for it or anything

If you're Woody Johnson, do you feel good signing that big check to Mike Tannenbaum this week?

If you're Woody Johnson, do you feel good signing that big check to Mike Tannenbaum this week?

again, behind closed doors I'm sure tanny is throwing them all under the buss.. we have no idea what's really going on ..

If you're asking me if I think Tanny has done a good job the last few years, then the answer is 100% no. Still think you give him 1 more year to right ship, but his fate is tied to sanchez's which is fairly typical when taking a QB early

There is, firing a coach whose interviewing for a promotion in a few days wouldn't help us land other coaches in the future.

More fantasy. Coaches don't turn down better jobs/promotions because the team might once have fired a long-underperforming O-Co the day after a 12-4 talent team finished 8-8.

Conspiracy theory if it makes you feel better about our downfall in 2011, but thats all it is my friend, ton-foil-hat-stuff.

There is nothing to point to that would indicate they didn't mean it when they said they like him, and want to keep him if he isn't a HC elsewhere.

I think sanchez is by far the bigger problem and am largely ambivalent to whether or not schotty goes.

we disagree, Shotty has failed with every QB he's had, the only expection being the one who ignored him (Favre).

While Mark Inty Mc'fumblechez certainly didn't represent himself well in 2011, he is harder to replace than Shotty is. I want to see a year of Sanchez under another O-Co before I write him off as unworthy.

I'm not wishing for it or anything

I was. But in hindsight, I should have known better tbh.

again, behind closed doors I'm sure tanny is throwing them all under the buss.. we have no idea what's really going on ..

If you're asking me if I think Tanny has done a good job the last few years, then the answer is 100% no. Still think you give him 1 more year to right ship, but his fate is tied to sanchez's which is fairly typical when taking a QB early

How many times in Jets franchise history have we given a GM/coach "one more year" to figure it out? Do they ever "figure it out"?

Rex and tanny need to realize that fans have an understanding of how a team needs to be run and what the definition of success is whether it be on the field or in the draft. Telling the fan base that Vlad is coming along and that Holmes has done so much for us is insulting.

Coaches and players make mistakes. The end of the season presser is the time to man up and admit them. Thats what I was hoping to see. Too bad.

I think it's more that these two trainees are the faces of a multimillion dollar organization is a problem in and of itself.

..and yet over the past two years these trainees had their team in a better position at the end of the year than 28 (87.5%) other franchises in the NFL.

Of course not. But again, any sensible person felt that way long before this press conference.

As fans, it's one thing for us to decide that Tannenbaum/Rex/Schott/Sanchez/etc are no good. But it's a whole other thing to sit and watch the organization circle the wagons around those people. It's disheartening, to say the least.

we disagree, Shotty has failed with every QB he's had, the only expection being the one who ignored him (Favre).

While Mark Inty Mc'fumblechez certainly didn't represent himself well in 2011, he is harder to replace than Shotty is. I want to see a year of Sanchez under another O-Co before I write him off as unworthy.

Sure, which is why you are more biased then I am. I'm ambivalent and can see pretty clearly he won't come back, you have a strong rooting interest..

And fwiw schotty has had a bad qb almost every single season as well, when exactly has the production not matched the talent on offense?

Archived