With the 16th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the NY Jets select....

Maxman

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

William Gholston. Defensive End, Michigan State

Give me a break, the last thing the jets need is another gholston. Floyd from notre dame, Burfict from Arizona state if scott really goes, Fluker from Alabama cause Wayne hunter isn't good. Lots of needs but well be able to adequately adress one with this mid first round pick

Fluker has decided to return for his senior season. :(

Damn I didn't know that. If were going to draft a right tackle in the first round I want a top ten school stud. No project type player. No one wants another Vladimir ducasse especially if were spending a first rounder on the position.

Damn I didn't know that. If were going to draft a right tackle in the first round I want a top ten school stud. No project type player. No one wants another Vladimir ducasse especially if were spending a first rounder on the position.

I would be shocked if they went RT in Round One. I could see OLB or Safety. But if they got even average play out of RT they would be okay, you should be able to address that through a veteran free agent or in other rounds.

Basically I hope they fill that spot before drafting in round one.

I know I'd love to see a flashy pick too. Pass rusher, a big body wide out, a ballhawking safety. But the best thing for mark and the offense is a solid right tackle. I think wide receiver is a position where you could see us bring in another veteran guy for cheap. Possibly Braylon Edwards or even bringing plax back if he comes cheap

Burfict is prolly the most talented player in the draft.. but hes a piece of shizz so he'll drop.. plus he does a good job avoiding blocks and a bad job shedding blocks.... and in the nfl u need to shed more than avoid

i like upshaw in the first.. i think hightower is gona be the better pro... but he wont last to 16

barron in the second

A difference maker. Linebacker, wide receiver, offensive line, safety, whatever position. Pick somebody who can do more than just be solid. Odds are it will be difficult to find a dominant pass rusher at #16, and there aren't that many in this draft anyway, but that would be great. If Scott doesn't come back, an inside linebacker who can cover (which would be nice for a change of pace), blitz, and stuff the run. A guard like DeCastro out of Stanford who can pull and just flat out dominate, open up holes in the run game and give Sanchez time to throw. Or a receiver who teams have to roll coverage towards and worry about beating them deep. Even a home run hitter at running back who can catch the ball out of the backfield. Somebody who can be dominant at their position, even if it's not a position that's typically valued in the draft, not a good/solid player and a safe pick.

My money is on Courtney Upshaw, Alshon Jeffrey, who I've been touting as the guy the Jets should pick, but after some reading, I've changed my mind I want the same position, but a guy who can burn, and that's................

Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor

He is not big like Jeffrey, only 5-11 195, but his speed is what intrigues me he runs a 4.4, and can be our deep threat we lack, he can also replace Holmes if that's the route the Jets go getting rid of him. I am also still in the mind set for the Jets to take Nick Toon in the 2nd round, he will be the size the Jets will need after Plax signs somewhere else, listed at 6-3 220, he isn't a burner but he also is not slow he will run around a 4.5 40, I think he is a very comparable to Hakeem Nicks, big, strong, and enough speed to run every route, now we just need to find compensation for Patrick Turner to give up his pops #88.

All that being said Rex will probably take Janoris Jenkins CB from North Alabama, he is a thug turd, and Rex will prob say I still don't have enough CB's I need more god dam CB's.

As for addressing the OL, specifically RT, all the first round T, and G, prospects will prob be off the board at 16, if they take a OL outside of a huge slip by one of the top lineman it will be a reach pick, not interested.

As for S the only guy who has a grade in the late 1st round, and that's just happening now he has moved up is the kid from Georgia, but he is a SS, and is more of the Eric Smith mold, small but can lay you out his coverage skills are in question. The Jets need a FS who can roam CF and cover big TE's and he is not the guy.

I would say if Upshaw is available at 16 he is prob a lock at this pick, but I can see the Jets trying to trade up to make a splash like the Falcons did this year, for what I don't know, but it will just further decimate our depth and screw us more, so this sounds about right.

Tannenbaum usually looks to fill holes in the FA period before the draft. I think it's one of the problems that we had this season. Depending on what happens with our own FAs, our holes will be RT, S, OLB - I think Bryan Thomas is a FA and could return cheap as an old guy coming off big injury, I"d like Westerman and Maybin back, but neither looks like a high quality every down starter, ILB - if Scott leaves, I like Mauga, but we;d need more. WR - are Burress and Holmes gone? RB - Is LT back? I still like Greene, but McKnight doesn't look like a 1st two downs back and Powell looked pretty bad and scared when he got carries.

I would prefer NOT to go RT or S in the first round unless it's for a complete stud. I don't think there are stud safeties this year and we'll see about the tackle prospects, but it had better be an absolute mauler.

I'd like to see the Jets use this draft to replenish the defense. OLB, S, ILB are all priorities in my opinion. I'd even live another year with Hunter (Ducasse, Turner?) at RT, and Santonio/Plax if the defense renewed itself as a source of pleasure for me.

If they can 'steal' a quality WR or OL in the lower rounds then yippee. Teams find gold in the lower rounds, true, but I think the team needs to regain its identity as a menacing defense.

Give me a break, the last thing the jets need is another gholston. Floyd from notre dame, Burfict from Arizona state if scott really goes, Fluker from Alabama cause Wayne hunter isn't good. Lots of needs but well be able to adequately adress one with this mid first round pick

You want to spend a first round pick on a RT? Ha! Thats funny.

NO WAY we take a RT a 16.....as long as we use our 3rd on a RT they are guaranteed not to be as horrible as Vladdie or Hunter

You want to spend a first round pick on a RT? Ha! Thats funny.

Vlad was a second round pick and look how he turned out. Were not guaranteed better with a 3rd round pick RT. I wouldn't mind if we took a RT at 16, at least we'd be adressing a definite need. Sanchez was hit around 20 more times this season than last. I'd rather take an edge pass rusher or a big body, wide reciever, or Burfict if were getting rid of Scott. This team needs a lot of help. RT,OLB,WR,ILB,FS,RB,K,P are all areas of need in my opinion

Vlad was a second round pick and look how he turned out. Were not guaranteed better with a 3rd round pick RT. I wouldn't mind if we took a RT at 16, at least we'd be adressing a definite need. Sanchez was hit around 20 more times this season than last. I'd rather take an edge pass rusher or a big body, wide reciever, or Burfict if were getting rid of Scott. This team needs a lot of help. RT,OLB,WR,ILB,FS,RB,K,P are all areas of need in my opinion

Agree but Vlad was a horrible reach. Plus he was from Umass.

Archived