With the 16th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the NY Jets select....

Maxman

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burfict is prolly the most talented player in the draft.. but hes a piece of shizz so he'll drop.. plus he does a good job avoiding blocks and a bad job shedding blocks.... and in the nfl u need to shed more than avoid

i like upshaw in the first.. i think hightower is gona be the better pro... but he wont last to 16

barron in the second

LOL, Burflict is like a guilty pleasure. I know, "reason" will show 30 yards in penalties and PF every other game, but then there's that other part of me, who is doing back flips if they take the animal.

Hi Everyone,

I glad to be here. I am new here. I pick SS Mark Barron for the Jets. We need a good strong safety to stop New England's TE. Mark Barron is the best hard hitter in the draft. This guy hits hard. The Jets need Ronnie Lot type player. I watch him on youtube. The cowgirl fans want him. The Jets can always get a wide receiver in the second round.

Harry

Go Jets

Hi Everyone,

I glad to be here. I am new here. I pick SS Mark Barron for the Jets. We need a good strong safety to stop New England's TE. Mark Barron is the best hard hitter in the draft. This guy hits hard. The Jets need Ronnie Lot type player. I watch him on youtube. The cowgirl fans want him. The Jets can always get a wide receiver in the second round.

Harry

Go Jets

I would live Barron on the Jets I just foresee better players still on the board to steal at 16.

I prefer this guy as a couple have already mentioned.

Mark Barron, SS, Alabama: For all of the talent the Jets boast outside at cornerback, the play down the middle has been significantly less impressive this season. The Jets have struggled against tight ends this season and could use an instinctive, big hitting safety to fall into their lap. While the team certainly has other needs to consider, if Alabama's Mark Barron is available, perhaps it might be wise to take the easy way out.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfldraftscout-RobRang

if we take barron in the first.. i wouldnt be against burficet in the 2nd

I know he's a hothead and gets stupid penalties, but his passion and fire is unparalleled as is his raw-talent. I see a whole lot of ray lewis in this kid and just see him going to Baltimore at the end of the first. It just seems to perfect.

I'd like to see us take Barron in the first. Looking at the available safeties this offseason, I am beginning to believe that we are going to need to draft a Safety early and sign one free agent Safety to fix that group; there just doesn't seem to be enough depth to rely upon that market for two starters. In the second, I'd love for the Jets to reach for a guy like LaMichael James. He is going to fall in the draft due to concerns about his size, but the kid is a baller and was prolific at Oregon. If we are truly going back to ground and pound, I can think of no better a RB in this draft to split carries with Shonn Greene (Trent Richardson aside).

if he's there I think it will be Upshaw. He's the best OLB in the country. He's a natural 270 and a linebacker with years of 3-4 experience. He's a perfect Bryan Thomas replacement.

Bit If trent slips to 16, dont you have to take him? He is gradewise top4 talent?

Upshaw measured in at 6'1.5" and 273 pounds today. He's one of my favorite OLB prospects, reminds me a lot of Lamaar Woodley coming out of michigan. But I was in love with graham coming out of michigan last year, so what do I know (I still believe he would have been best utilized in a 34 and philly is wasting him). Come to think of it, Hightower and Upshaw remind me quite a bit of Woodley and Harris.

Upshaw measured in at 6'1.5" and 273 pounds today. He's one of my favorite OLB prospects, reminds me a lot of Lamaar Woodley coming out of michigan. But I was in love with graham coming out of michigan last year, so what do I know (I still believe he would have been best utilized in a 34 and philly is wasting him). Come to think of it, Hightower and Upshaw remind me quite a bit of Woodley and Harris.

Woodley > Upshaw in college.

To each their own, and I liked Woodley a lot in college, but I liked every aspect of Upshaw's game more, except maybe for open field tackling. Upshaw has dominated better competition, just as disruptive in the backfield, has the best swim move in the entire conference and shows great burst to the QB. I think upshaw is our ideal pick, I love the kid. And from an LSU fan, that's saying something.

In all honesty, if he could turn into what Lamarr Woodley has in the pros, that would be a huge win for us.

No effen way

Upshaw was a beast in college, i have seen everyone of his games, Upshaw wont be there at 16, he is shufflin off to Buffalo at 10. Mayock called his workout phenomenal yesterday.

Jets have better shot of gettin Coples who did not impress me much in the games i saw. Has plenty of talent no doubt

Bit If trent slips to 16, dont you have to take him? He is gradewise top4 talent?

i missed this question earlier

the Jets probably wouldn't pass on him. he is an upgrade over Greene and a very good player.

Trent Richardson is the hardest player for me to put a value on. he's an absolute stud at a position no one cares about

look at the first round RB for the last 10 years, none of them have rings. you draft an offensive tackle and expect 10 years out of the guy, what's an expectation for a RB? 3 years? 5 years? their careers are really short.

look at the Super Bowl it's the lawfirm and woodhead vs Bradshaw and jacobs. in other words it's not a position you need to draft high to be successful.

Jeez Dude look at other programs

Gilligan--Jets should only draft clemson playas, they are the best ask West Virginia. I have reservations 4 jets to draft any tide player, after all i want them to win a SB. Unless they play for the cheat in marsehole, Eff Anderson and Deaderick

• 2 weeks later...

I'd take the best player at any of the positions we need. I hope we get a S and T in FA as well as add depth to the Oline.

OLB - Upshaw or Mercilus

S - Barron

OT - Martin or Reiff

WR - Floyd or Wright

ILB - Kuechly or Hightower

OG - DeCastro or Glenn

Out of these guys I like Mercilus and Floyd the most at 16 but would be happy with any of them.

I would tried out of the first round and pick up a 2nd and 3rd

2 Alameda Ta'amu, DT/NT, Washington

Height: 6-3. Weight: 341.

Projected 40 Time: 5.42.

Arm: 33. Hand: 9 7/8.

Projected Round (2012): 2-3.

2.a Vinny Curry, DE/OLB, Marshall

Height: 6-3. Weight: 265.

Projected 40 Time: 4.66.

Arm: 32. Hand: 9 1/4.

Projected Round (2012): 1-2

3. Nate Potter, OT, Boise State

Height: 6-6. Weight: 300.

Projected 40 Time: 5.14.

Projected Round (2012): 2-3.

3.a Kevin Reddick*, ILB, North Carolina

Height: 6-3. Weight: 240.

Projected 40 Time: 4.67.

4. Brock Osweiler, QB, Arizona State

Height: 6-8. Weight: 240.

Projected 40 Time: 4.70.

5. Blake Gideon, FS, Texas

Height: 6-1. Weight: 200.

Projected 40 Time: 4.54.

6. Brian Quick, WR, Appalachian State

Height: 6-4. Weight: 222.

Projected 40 Time: 4.52.

Arm: 33 1/2. Hand: 9

I really don't see us drafting another QB this year. We will likely bring in a guy to compete with Sanchez in practice, but I imagine that it is more likely that we bring in a veteran to fill that role than another young QB...God forbid Sanchez were to get hurt, I think we would be in better shape to win a few games if we weren't worrying about a rookie QB still learning the NFL game and our system...

I wonder about a situation where the desirable OLBs (Upshaw, Ingram) and the top shelf O-line talent are gone and therefore the WRs slip - do the Jets jump on say Blackmon if he has a mediocre time at the combine? He'd fill a huge need for the team but not, IMO, the most critical one.

do the Jets jump on say Blackmon if he has a mediocre time at the combine?

yes they would jump, no he probably won't be there. No matter what he times he's a 2x bilitnikoff winner and has elite production. He's close to a Larry Fitzgerald type of prospect where an average 40 won't kill his value. Michael Crabtree didn't even run 40 yards pre-draft. Dez Bryant also didn't run well. It doesn't matter for guys with that level of production.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived