With the 16th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the NY Jets select....

Maxman

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they will sign a safety or two in free agency. I bet in a week or 2 it won't be the biggest need.

Yes they might. As nice as adding another Ravens castoff willl be (maybe even the safety/boxer!), I don't think signing a low tier almost JAG is going to stop us from getting the best talent where it is on draft day.

Similar to how Maybin probably doesnt stop them from looking for a young pass rusher..,Low level FAs and second chances are not what you build a championship team with.

Yes they might. As nice as adding another Ravens castoff willl be (maybe even the safety/boxer!), I don't think signing a low tier almost JAG is going to stop us from getting the best talent where it is on draft day.

Similar to how Maybin probably doesnt stop them from looking for a young pass rusher..,Low level FAs and second chances are not what you build a championship team with.

Let's be honest though. We're talking about safeties here. You can easily win with low level and second chance safeties if the rest of the roster is in place.

Let's be honest though. We're talking about safeties here. You can easily win with low level and second chance safeties if the rest of the roster is in place.

While true enough, the same can be said of Gs and WRs. If he's the best talent there then he's the best talent there, and a healthy Barron belongs in that conversation.

While true enough, the same can be said of Gs and WRs. If he's the best talent there then he's the best talent there, and a healthy Barron belongs in that conversation.

Yeah I agree with that. If Barron is the pick I'm slightly hesitant to jump for joy but there would be a lot to get excited about too. It's just not a slam dunk pick in that he looks more like a solid NFL player, a la an upgrade, more than a bonafide, elite star imo. 16 might be a little too high given the slight risk.

Yeah I agree with that. If Barron is the pick I'm slightly hesitant to jump for joy but there would be a lot to get excited about too. It's just not a slam dunk pick in that he looks more like a solid NFL player, a la an upgrade, more than a bonafide, elite star imo. 16 might be a little too high given the slight risk.

Fair, but I have to say that I think Barron is a stud. Just an excellent DB prosoect. The solid thing about him is the amount of polish in his game.

When will any1 see a healthy Barron?

By many accounts the end of the month they'll see him workout and TE to check out his recovery.

Why, do you have info that this is a career killer? He's not even the first first first round candidate from a supposedly insignificant position to suffer the double hernia...

By many accounts the end of the month they'll see him workout and TE to check out his recovery.

Why, do you have info that this is a career killer? He's not even the first first first round candidate from a supposedly insignificant position to suffer the double hernia...

alabama is actually having their pro day today. TR and Barron aren't there.

Im not saying he's bad I just don't like the value. If he's healthy, what kind of shape will he be in?

do we think falling from the 1st to the 2nd is a career killer? Alot of great players come from that round.

Im not saying he's bad I just don't like the value. If he's healthy, what kind of shape will he be in?

do we think falling from the 1st to the 2nd is a career killer? Alot of great players come from that round.

1) yes, and both made it known in advance that they wouldn't be. TR is the 22nd I think and Barron is a little after with no set date IIRC.

2) By training camp? 100%.

3) Theres not a problem per se with him as a second...it's just something that is more unlikely than you give it credit for. Teams want good DBs, even if it's from the lowly safeties of the world.

No Upshaw too.

fair enough. But just to be clear would anyone pass on Upshaw to take Barron? Having seen Upshaw dominate at Senior Bowl teams can feel good about his health.

Unfortunately probably not too good about the raw size and athleticism....which, player or not, teams want to see in a first....

fair enough. But just to be clear would anyone pass on Upshaw to take Barron? Having seen Upshaw dominate at Senior Bowl teams can feel good about his health.

I love Upshaw, but I would take Mark Barron. There are quite a few pass rushers in this draft that can help us significantly. Unfortunately, this draft is garbage at Safety besides Barron...There are precious few Safeties available in FA, and we are going to need two new ones...

Burfict is prolly the most talented player in the draft.. but hes a piece of shizz so he'll drop.. plus he does a good job avoiding blocks and a bad job shedding blocks.... and in the nfl u need to shed more than avoid

i like upshaw in the first.. i think hightower is gona be the better pro... but he wont last to 16

barron in the second

I think Tanny is up to something because:

1. He said he WASN'T up to something

2. He restructured with Brick to make more cap room

3. The "Shopping" of Bart Scott

4. The Hunter restructure, and subsequent trade leak

5. The Sanchez extension

We need to "get faster" on defense and add a bonified pass-rusher, and this just happens to be the year when Mario Williams is set to hit FA, and Kamerion Wimbley (with his already paid $6.5M) is probably going to hit the open market.

We need to "get faster" on defense and add a bonified pass-rusher, and this just happens to be the year when Mario Williams is set to hit FA, and Kamerion Wimbley (with his already paid $6.5M) is probably going to hit the open market.

We also need to "get faster" on offense and add bonified playmakers

Well then, we are all set!

Playmakers...plural

we still need a #1 a #4 and a home run hitter in the backfield...

Keller threw up 60+/800+/5 with Mark Sanchez at QB last year.

Holmes is the one, Keller the two, Kerley the 3, and hopefully a couple mid rounders like Wright (Arkansas) and someone tall. Then there's the RBs....

Archived