Peyton Manning Poll

The Peyton Poll  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Would you dump Sanchez for Peyton Manning if he became available?

• Yes! This is Peyton Manning we are talking about!
    • No! Sanchez is still young and deserves a chance without Schotty
    • No! Peyton's neck injury is way too scary to go near.
    • Yes! Sanchez isn't the answer no matter what.

I know the pain and heartache of yesterday's debacle is still fresh, but now is the time to look to the future. With the Colts earning the #1 overall pick, it is assumed that they will draft Andrew Luck. While it isn't yet known whether or not Peyton Manning may become available as a result of this, there are several reasons to think this could possibly happen. 1) I'm sure that Peyton won't be happy looking over his shoulder at his future replacement, no matter what he says. 2) The issue of his roster bonus, Peyton is expected to receive a very significant roster bonus of $28 million in March. A figure that may not make financial sense for a team that would have another potential starting caliber QB on the roster. 3) His neck injury is serious, but how serious is serious? Can he play? Can he play effectively? Not sure even Indianapolis know the answer here...4) The Colts roster sucks, perhaps Peyton thinks he can win elsewhere...With all this said, this does seem like a situation that will be talked about at length this offseason. What are your thoughts/feeling on this touchy subject?

available and medically cleared ?

available and medically cleared for less than 2 starters and 3 picks at $20 million ?

otherwise this is a "is manning better than sanchez" poll

With this amount of money due to Manning, his neck concerns (which I am sure will not be completely clear), and his advanced age, I cannot imagine that the price will be as high as you say. I was thinking more along the lines of 2 first rounders and 1-2 lower round picks...

Manning is not even throwing at this point.

With this amount of money due to Manning, his neck concerns (which I am sure will not be completely clear), and his advanced age, I cannot imagine that the price will be as high as you say. I was thinking more along the lines of 2 first rounders and 1-2 lower round picks...

They can keep him if that's what they are asking. That's a good way to screw the future of the franchise. Not to mention, if we did do that trade, who is throwing to? Holmes and Kerley???

I don't think I need to explain what a difference Manning>Sanchez would mean to our offense. If we acquired Manning, he would be playing with the best defense he has ever had. We would have be able to sustain drives and keep our defense off the field. Most importantly, we would be able to score enough points to beat the best teams in this league, something that we are currently unable to do...

My ideal scenario, we get Manning in here for 2 years with Sanchez demoted to 2nd string. Give Sanchez the keys back when he's 28, and by then have a quality backup in the wings in case he's still Suckchez. Not saying it's realistic, just my ideal scenario.

This actually can't happen under the cap unless we are really trying to suck...Sanchez needs to be traded if Peyton comes.

The kids not an NFL quarterback. Im always hearing "He's got the skills to be an effective NFL quarterback" but no one ever says what the hel they are. He has below average arm strength, extremely inaccurate, has small hands (hence 8 lost fumbles this season),lacks any sort of situational awareness, telegraphs his reads, very poor mobilty in the pocket, and worst of all NO SELF CONFIDENCE he looks like hes on the verge of tears on the sidelines everytime he throws an INT, I think Schotty set him up with a direct line to his mommy on the sideline for when he screws up.

Peyton on the otherhand has most of those characteristics that Sanchez lacks. It obviously is a risky move but what are the other options at this point? Pick up Matt Flynn (aka Sanchez Jr.) and have our trusty OC "develop" him? What a joke.

I voted no because of the neck injury. If he is 100% healthy then it would be a 100% yes.

Wow, really going out on a limb choosing a healthy Manning over Sanchez.

If the financials worked out and trade compensation wasn't totally outrageous, I'd take Manning with a paint stirrer and duct tape keeping his neck in place over Sanchez.

Yea I'm sure the Colts would love to bring in an expensive whiny brat like Holmes for Andrew Luck to develop with.

I am looking out for us...lol I think if Peyton was just there to mentor Sanchez, it would help a great deal. Holmes is cancer in the locker room, just like D-mase was. A team that would die for one another will always go further than a team of all stars out for their own. the past two seasons the Jets had heart, and that carried them through some rough rides.

Archived