Shotty's System or Sanchez's play...?

bkjetfan

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please tell me you're joking.

It was from the Times: Matt Slauson:

“There were just a lot of things that went wrong in this game, sort of like all season,” Slauson said. “Guys were getting frustrated. Guys weren’t sure what was going on. There were times when we broke huddle, and we heard Mark say, ‘Whoa, that isn’t the right play.’ I think that’s what added to some of the chaos, to some of the penalties and guys jumping offside.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/02/sports/football/santonio-holmes-is-center-of-discord-in-jets-loss.html?hpw

That and the fact he never saw any adversity was the reason he was the one player I didnt want the Jets to draft. He played on a Varsity team in a JV conference. They rolled over teams and the one time they didnt, they lost. I wasnt fooled by his Rose Bowl. He was playing pitch and catch it was so easy.

I agree with this. His players were way better than their opposition at USC. That don't happen here. IN BS's system, the plays are designed for the receiver to catch the ball with a DB on his back.

It was from the Times: Matt Slauson:

“There were just a lot of things that went wrong in this game, sort of like all season,” Slauson said. “Guys were getting frustrated. Guys weren’t sure what was going on. There were times when we broke huddle, and we heard Mark say, ‘Whoa, that isn’t the right play.’ I think that’s what added to some of the chaos, to some of the penalties and guys jumping offside.”

http://www.nytimes.c...s-loss.html?hpw

Suddenly "You suck Schotty" does not sound so innocuous!

I agree with this. His players were way better than their opposition at USC. That don't happen here. IN BS's system, the plays are designed for the receiver to catch the ball with a DB on his back.

I'm unimpressed with Schottenheimer as well. But Sanchez can't hit a moving target except by accident anyway. When someone has a yard of separation it turns into a lot less when a pass is thrown behind the receiver (or too high or too low).

Plus everyone knows where the ball is going because Sanchez tracks him with his eyes non-stop. That's probably half the reason for all the short passes & quick slants. It isn't all because of the OL. It's so a safety doesn't have the time to run over to the target Sanchez is virtually announcing with his stare-downs.

Our QB sucks.

I'm unimpressed with Schottenheimer as well. But Sanchez can't hit a moving target except by accident anyway. When someone has a yard of separation it turns into a lot less when a pass is thrown behind the receiver (or too high or too low).

Plus everyone knows where the ball is going because Sanchez tracks him with his eyes non-stop. That's probably half the reason for all the short passes & quick slants. It isn't all because of the OL. It's so a safety doesn't have the time to run over to the target Sanchez is virtually announcing with his stare-downs.

Our QB sucks.

Agree on the inaccuracy. They also seem to be very familiar with our snap counts. Plus I think those snap counts lead to some of the pre snap penalties.

Sanchez was knocked on his a$$ more than 110 times this year. Last year he was hit 80. Big difference in how it will effect his play.

Where does that number come from? Not saying you're wrong, but nfl.com counts 70 QB hits this year. Only 10 teams had their QB's hit less. Last year it was 52 (only 2 teams' QBs got hit less).

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&offensiveStatisticCategory=OFFENSIVE_LINE&role=TM&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&archive=false&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_QBHIT&qualified=true

For those that want to envision how Rex envisions his team, watch the 49ers play their 1st round game.

They want a qb who "manages the game", eliminates negative plays and turnovers and basically be irrelevant. They have transformed Alex Smith into a serviceable qb in that system.

Unfortunately, Harbaugh is imminently smarter than Rex.

For those that want to envision how Rex envisions his team, watch the 49ers play their 1st round game.

They want a qb who "manages the game", eliminates negative plays and turnovers and basically be irrelevant. They have transformed Alex Smith into a serviceable qb in that system.

Unfortunately, Harbaugh is imminently smarter than Rex.

And Smith can actually complete a downfield pass to keep defenses honest.

I say B/S excuse. Is this how its gonna go? Going to play the David Carr card? WEAK.

What was the issue this year? No Offense. This was not an issue last year and the offensive line was much better. Keep this in mind, since week 10, 4 players were Defensive player of the week after playing the Jets, coincidence, I think not.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2011/12/jets-continue-to-help-opponents-rack-up-awards

When 4 yd slants are thrown accurately, they can easily turn into 8+ yd gains.

Thats a fact. Jerry rice, Andre Reed come to mind. Bread and butter play in the WCO and you dont need Montana Kelly or Young to make it work. With the proper lead on the pass the slant is a real weapon but Snachez throws it to where he sees the receiver not to an open seam where they are running to. Some will say this is Schotts fault but please thats just QB 101. Who here doesnt think the CS havent taken MS to task for this week after week.

Previous years, that was a difficulty for him. He was transformed and seems to know and understand his role. Something Sanchez does not seem to know or want, as the coaching staff themselves seem confused

great, and brees will come there in rd 2 and bounce them, 1 and done..

You don't draft a QB at 5 and pay him 50M to be serviceable... It's a gross missallocation of funds

Only because his options for the 2009 season were Aaron Corp and a freshman Matt Barkley. Carroll was only looking out for #1.

Carroll was coaching USC. He can't swing a dead cat without hitting ten D1 QB prospects.

Tough to run the ball when you never take any chances downfield as NYJ showed in 2011. I would trade some picks to keep defenses honest. Scotty has to bear the blame. Someones head has to roll and too much invested in Sanchez.

When 4 yd slants are thrown accurately, they can easily turn into 8+ yd gains.

Thats a fact. Jerry rice, Andre Reed come to mind. Bread and butter play in the WCO and you dont need Montana Kelly or Young to make it work. With the proper lead on the pass the slant is a real weapon but Snachez throws it to where he sees the receiver not to an open seam where they are running to. Some will say this is Schotts fault but please thats just QB 101. Who here doesnt think the CS havent taken MS to task for this week after week.

Guys, the defenses have adjusted to our "3rd down slants"...and that adjustment has affected our offenses ability to move the chains. Once the defense has taken that away, you see Sanchez then get pounded, And that leads to a "jittery QB". And to say that the 49'Ners did that with Montana/Rice etc...is comapring apples to oranges.

And the offenses have adjusted to Rex's defense scheme's, which means we stop them some of the time but not all the time. Hence we are 8-8 and the team is watching the playoffs instead of playing in them.

Guys, the defenses have adjusted to our "3rd down slants"...and that adjustment has affected our offenses ability to move the chains. Once the defense has taken that away, you see Sanchez then get pounded, And that leads to a "jittery QB". And to say that the 49'Ners did that with Montana/Rice etc...is comapring apples to oranges.

And the offenses have adjusted to Rex's defense scheme's, which means we stop them some of the time but not all the time. Hence we are 8-8 and the team is watching the playoffs instead of playing in them.

Also, I get what you guys are saying...but if you look at the running backs that played with both Rice and Reed, those were two very very good RB's, which changed the dynamics of what the defense would key on.

Perfectly said. But good coaches adapt. The biggest problem I had with the Offense was that there was not any adjustments. Shotty had a game plan and stuck with all game, whether it worked or not. The only issues I had with the D was that they could not stop the 90+ yard drives. I think this was because they were so tired from the 3 and outs by the offense.

Perfectly said. But good coaches adapt. The biggest problem I had with the Offense was that there was not any adjustments. Shotty had a game plan and stuck with all game, whether it worked or not. The only issues I had with the D was that they could not stop the 90+ yard drives. I think this was because they were so tired from the 3 and outs by the offense.

Right on.....if you take a look at the Raiders Game, the Denver Game and the Giants game...it says it all....

Archived