Aaaaaaaand now Trent Dilfer eviscerates Sanchez on his lack of work ethic.

T0mShane

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://espn.go.com/e...?showId=theherd

Give a listen to the Trent Dilfer part. The Mark-Sanchez-is-lazy train picks up mucho steam.

Im not a MS fan but I also dont buy this Snachez is lazy BS.

Sorry fact is he could be the hardest worker in the NFL and he would still suck.

When Schott is gone and MS still sux, the new excuses from his fanboys is gonna be freakin hilarious.

I think a "Top 10 reasons Sanchez is still struggling even with Schott gone" list will be in order.

I don't buy it either, but I do think it's odd that he's lounging on the sideline when struggling rather then looking at film like you see brees doing a lot...

He probably doesn't bother looking at it because he can't understand it anyway.

Sorry fact is he could be the hardest worker in the NFL and he would still suck.

When Schott is gone and MS still sux, the new excuses from his fanboys is gonna be freakin hilarious.

I think a "Top 10 reasons Sanchez is still struggling even with Schott gone" list will be in order.

Sun's out, guns out.

I've had this instinct for a bit now. he seems like a totally different guy from his rookie season. Football doesnt seem fun for him anymore. It looked like he had his swimsuit on underneath his game pants Sunday.

Also- eviscerates, great word.

The same point I've made about Schotty several times.

Hard work doesn't always equate to excellence. Sometimes hard work just means a guy is spending exponentially more time working at being average. You see it in all walks of life.

I don't buy it either, but I do think it's odd that he's lounging on the sideline when struggling rather then looking at film like you see brees doing a lot...

This.

However, I blame the entire offensive coaching staff for this. Its not just on the QB to want to look at film between series... its on the whole staff. Schotty doesn't make adjustments, so its comes as no surprise that sulky faggy pants sits and stars into the ether while waiting for his next 3-and-out.

http://espn.go.com/e...?showId=theherd

Give a listen to the Trent Dilfer part. The Mark-Sanchez-is-lazy train picks up mucho steam.

Hmmmm....so the whole Holmes fiasco started because Sanchez called an after hour extra meeting between him and the WR's, meanwhile Dilfer is reporting that he's a lazy and doesnt prepare well.

Cant a guy just suck?

Hmmmm....so the whole Holmes fiasco started because Sanchez called an after hour extra meeting between him and the WR's, meanwhile Dilfer is reporting that he's a lazy and doesnt prepare well.

Cant a guy just suck?

Dilfer also said there's a difference between thinking your working hard and actually working hard.

Cant a guy just suck?

Dilfer was a high pick just like Sanchez. He did bring up some things that paralleled his own career, like when you're so young you may think you're working hard but you don't know what hard work is. It may seem hard to you but the great ones, even with their elite skills that the Dilfer (like Sanchez) never possessed, are working a hell of a lot harder than you are. Most realize that with age. Sanchez clearly has not. A guy who's sitting by himself on the sideline when he's struggling mightily is not interested in working harder no matter the pressure on him. He's interested in being left alone & wants to go home. And it rubs off on everyone.

I wonder if that's half the reason Holmes acted up (the other half being that he's a spoiled baby and a selfish, temperamental douchebag rolled into one). You cannot lead when you're not acting like a leader.

But to your point, he also can't act like a leader - not for very long anyway - if he just plain sucks. No matter how inspirational, that eventually fades. Eventually receivers are going to expect passes to be thrown where they're supposed to go instead of trying to bail the QB out of bad throws most of the time. And most of Sanchez's throws are just flat-out bad.

Sanchez regressed this year- sorry do not buy he has a bad work ethic- all the reports I have read and comments from sports people following the team are the exact opposite. Barking up the wrong tree with this

Dilfer was a high pick just like Sanchez. He did bring up some things that paralleled his own career, like when you're so young you may think you're working hard but you don't know what hard work is. It may seem hard to you but the great ones, even with their elite skills that the Dilfer (like Sanchez) never possessed, are working a hell of a lot harder than you are. Most realize that with age. Sanchez clearly has not. A guy who's sitting by himself on the sideline when he's struggling mightily is not interested in working harder no matter the pressure on him. He's interested in being left alone & wants to go home. And it rubs off on everyone.

I wonder if that's half the reason Holmes acted up (the other half being that he's a spoiled baby and a selfish, temperamental douchebag rolled into one). You cannot lead when you're not acting like a leader.

But to your point, he also can't act like a leader - not for very long anyway - if he just plain sucks. No matter how inspirational, that eventually fades. Eventually receivers are going to expect passes to be thrown where they're supposed to go instead of trying to bail the QB out of bad throws most of the time. And most of Sanchez's throws are just flat-out bad.

Didnt Sanchez like 5 weeks ago get in a pissy little hissy fit of not talking to teammates during the game? Wasnt he not celebrating with anyone after TD's, just running off the field and sitting on the bench with Cavanough with his head down not talking to anyone except to go yell at the defense to make a stop when he finally got something going in the 4th (which his laughable coming from him).

I mean, maybe Sanchez is a little whinny bitch too. Sure seems it. For all the sh*t Holmes gets for sulking and mopping around which we never see - we see Sanchez do it weekly.

It just makes me laugh that everyone says Holmes is hard to root for, not a good teammate, leader, captain etc but Sanchez is?

maybe holmes was pissed because he whent to the meeting sanchez had and was like wtf is this guy doing. I cant see sanchez as being a good leader and telling these veteran wrs what to do.

PS: mcelroy did exactly what jets want a QB to do in alabama. Minimize mistakes hand ball off and move the chains

Didnt Sanchez like 5 weeks ago get in a pissy little hissy fit of not talking to teammates during the game? Wasnt he not celebrating with anyone after TD's, just running off the field and sitting on the bench with Cavanough with his head down not talking to anyone except to go yell at the defense to make a stop when he finally got something going in the 4th (which his laughable coming from him).

I mean, maybe Sanchez is a little whinny bitch too. Sure seems it. For all the sh*t Holmes gets for sulking and mopping around which we never see - we see Sanchez do it weekly.

It just makes me laugh that everyone says Holmes is hard to root for, not a good teammate, leader, captain etc but Sanchez is?

There is something to this...the Keller TD was the first time I saw Sanchez really celebrate after a TD pass all season....but Keller is his boy-boy so...

Peyton Manning would keep Santonio in line..

And send him to the pro bowl, just saying

I've checked out on the Jets, so I can say this--I would absolutely love for the Jets to get Peyton, he suck because of his neck & Schitty being awful, Rex having no clue about the O, and Santonio being a turd.

Then I can laugh at Woody having to fire Tanny and Schitty, and perhaps even Rex because of it.

Then I can laugh at you.

I've checked out on the Jets, so I can say this--I would absolutely love for the Jets to get Peyton, he suck because of his neck & Schitty being awful, Rex having no clue about the O, and Santonio being a turd.

Then I can laugh at Woody having to fire Tanny and Schitty, and perhaps even Rex because of it.

Then I can laugh at you.

Lol that you think Schotty would be an impediment to Manning being successful here. It's so absurd an idea that I can't believe some of you actually believe it.

If we get Manning and he isn't successful it will be health related, of that I am 100% sure

There is something to this...the Keller TD was the first time I saw Sanchez really celebrate after a TD pass all season....but Keller is his boy-boy so...

There is absolutely something to this. We were all commenting on it. He was playing pissed off like he was mad at the team. He wasnt celebrating or talking to anyone. The only time he showed emotion during that stretch is when he had the audacity to go scream at the defense before they took the field to hold a lead.

Peyton Manning would keep Santonio in line..

And send him to the pro bowl, just saying

Are you ******* kidding me? He's be making out with him on the sideline.

There is absolutely something to this. We were all commenting on it. He was playing pissed off like he was mad at the team. He wasnt celebrating or talking to anyone. The only time he showed emotion during that stretch is when he had the audacity to go scream at the defense before they took the field to hold a lead.

Are you ******* kidding me? He's be making out with him on the sideline.

You mean during the Buffalo game? I thought he was yelling at Holmes?

Lol that you think Schotty would be an impediment to Manning being successful here. It's so absurd an idea that I can't believe some of you actually believe it.

If we get Manning and he isn't successful it will be health related, of that I am 100% sure

This is the Jets. Only they would allow their OC to fail with FIVE different QBs before firing him.

Schitty is incompetent. He was never an OC before and he's never shown in 6 years he can satisfactorily do the job. He can't even call the play in on time after 6 yrs.

I'm serious. I want to see Peyton here to break your widdy biddy heart so I can laugh may a$$ off at you and the Jets.

Archived