Aaaaaaaand now Trent Dilfer eviscerates Sanchez on his lack of work ethic.

T0mShane

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the Jets. Only they would allow their OC to fail with FIVE different bad QBs before firing him.

Schitty is incompetent. He was never an OC before and he's never shown in 6 years he can satisfactorily do the job. He can't even call the play in on time after 6 yrs.

I'm serious. I want to see Peyton here to break your widdy biddy heart so I can laugh may a$$ off at you and the Jets.

fixed that up a bit for you..

If he comes here, and if he's truly healthy he will succeed and you will still not admit to being a blockhead, i'm in awe, really

I want to see Peyton here to break your widdy biddy heart so I can laugh may a$$ off at you and the Jets.

It turns out not to be as much fun as you were expecting. Though I guess being right about something negative about the Jets would be a rather more novel experience for you.

You mean during the Buffalo game? I thought he was yelling at Holmes?

Dont remember which game. He threw a late TD, ran over the to the defense as they were about to take the field, yelled something at somebody and then put his towel over his head and walked away and stood by himself. It was like 5 weeks of this behavior.

He's a little whinny bitch.

I'm serious. I want to see Peyton here to break your widdy biddy heart so I can laugh may a$$ off at you and the Jets.

YOU'RE NOT A TRUE FAN YOU'D RATHER BE RIGHT AND WATCH THE TEAM LOSE THAN BE WRONG AND WATCH THEM WIN A SUPER BOWL SANCHEZ PATIENCE POTENTIAL SCHOTTY DERP

fixed that up a bit for you..

If he comes here, and if he's truly healthy he will succeed and you will still not admit to being a blockhead, i'm in awe, really

But he’s not truly healthy.

He’s had 3 surgeries on the vertebrae in his neck. The last one was the most invasive. On top of that he is 36.

Best case scenario, the Jets get 1 or 2 years out of him. No guarantee of a Super Bowl. No guarantee his arm strength is the same. That’s what the injury was effecting. His arm strength, He won’t be the same,

Worst case. He is immediately injured, and the Jets are screwed for years to come. IMO the odds are very high on the worst case . Guy is an injured, old, future HOF’er looking for his last pay day. Jets have done this kind of thing before. It has never worked. If Manning was 29, and available, I would be jumping up and down to get him. He’s not.

Risk is way to high.

I really don’t know what to make of Sanchez. Didn’t like the pick when the Jets made it. Kid’s here for now.

I know this sounds like a pipe dream, but I really think McElroy is going to be a good NFL QB. Not a star but a player. I know a lot of people aren’t going to like this but he is a Chad Pennington clone, with a slightly stronger arm. Except he is a 7th rounder not a 1st

If Sanchez sucks the way some of you have decided he dose, McElroy will give him a run

It turns out not to be as much fun as you were expecting. Though I guess being right about something negative about the Jets would be a rather more novel experience for you.

It's true. I've joined you on the Dark Side.

page143_1.jpg

YOU'RE NOT A TRUE FAN YOU'D RATHER BE RIGHT AND WATCH THE TEAM LOSE THAN BE WRONG AND WATCH THEM WIN A SUPER BOWL SANCHEZ PATIENCE POTENTIAL SCHOTTY DERP

It's true, I'm not. Rex necromancing SOJ at yesterday's press conference did me in.

^ This is always my favorite time of year. When homers issue their mea culpas.

Nope my favorite time of year is when the cycle starts anew with the first puff piece to come out of ota's about Sanchez working on his throwing motion all off season

I am actually the top anchor salesman at my company. (To be fair, my company doesn't normally sell anchors but I actually sold one once, so there!)

Dilfer's point is that there's a difference between putting a lot of hours in watching tape and actually preparing to be a great QB. He specifically mentioned Sanchez's declining mechanics as a sign that he's working on the wrong things. Holmes is an absolute cock, but I don't blame him for blowing Sanchez off for wanting to spend extra time working out in Week 17.

Dilfer's point is that there's a difference between putting a lot of hours in watching tape and actually preparing to be a great QB. He specifically mentioned Sanchez's declining mechanics as a sign that he's working on the wrong things. Holmes is an absolute cock, but I don't blame him for blowing Sanchez off for wanting to spend extra time working out in Week 17.

If he's working on the wrong things, isn't he being poorly coached? I find it hard to believe that any NFL player just works on what they feel like working on without being advised by their coaches.

If that's the case, then Dilfer is pointing in the wrong direction and his statement still makes no sense.

If he's working on the wrong things, isn't he being poorly coached? I find it hard to believe that any NFL player just works on what they feel like working on without being advised by their coaches.

If that's the case, then Dilfer is pointing in the wrong direction and his statement still makes no sense.

Good point, however Dilfer is now the second former NFL QB who came out and said they have info that Sanchez isn't working. You can forgive being poorly coached, you can even forgive a lack of talent. But if it's true at all (and why would Dilfer lie?) that he's 9 to 5'ing it, then the Jets have more problems than they think they do.

Good point, however Dilfer is now the second former NFL QB who came out and said they have info that Sanchez isn't working. You can forgive being poorly coached, you can even forgive a lack of talent. But if it's true at all (and why would Dilfer lie?) that he's 9 to 5'ing it, then the Jets have more problems than they think they do.

If you remember, Francesa said this going back to his rookie year that he's a partier and not much of a worker.....and then Canizzaro wrote a piece denying it. Francesa never mentioned it again though.

If you remember, Francesa said this going back to his rookie year that he's a partier and not much of a worker.....and then Canizzaro wrote a piece denying it. Francesa never mentioned it again though.

And you've never heard a single teammate--not one--ever come out and rebut this. Jets players have rallied around Vernon Gholston, but they let Sanchez swing.

And you've never heard a single teammate--not one--ever come out and rebut this. Jets players have rallied around Vernon Gholston, but they let Sanchez swing.

To be fair, it was brought up all the time with Gholston, this is only the second time I think its ever been mentioned with Sanchez.

I don't know that anyone has even asked Sanchez's teammates about this yet.

No offense, but shouldn't the qb coach be on top of this? Call me crazy.....

Sanchez threw for more yards than any other player on the Jets for each of the last 3 years, but that doesn't mean he was any good.

It's all relative.

Yeah, there's 70 other guys working for my company who do what I do. There's zero other guys on the Jets who actively do what Sanchez does.

It's easy to blame Sanchez, but honestly the guys been nearly killed back there and hasn't missed a snap. That doesn't sound like the characteristics of a lazy person.

Every time he drops back, the pocket collapses on him. While Shotty can't throw the ball, he should be putting Sanchez and the offense in the best position to succeed - how bout screen passes to slow the rush (as a primary option), or rolling the pocket, or sticking with establishing the run, or not emptying the backfield every third down. Sanchez may never be Peyton Manning, but the Ravens managed to win even with that hard-working superstar Dilfer. The offense was completely predictable.

P.S. Kerley threw that pass better than anything I saw Sanchez throw all year....

Year Team G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Rat 2000 Baltimore 11 8 134 226 59.3 1502 6.6 12 11 76.6

Dilfer was a high pick just like Sanchez. He did bring up some things that paralleled his own career, like when you're so young you may think you're working hard but you don't know what hard work is. It may seem hard to you but the great ones, even with their elite skills that the Dilfer (like Sanchez) never possessed, are working a hell of a lot harder than you are. Most realize that with age. Sanchez clearly has not. A guy who's sitting by himself on the sideline when he's struggling mightily is not interested in working harder no matter the pressure on him. He's interested in being left alone & wants to go home. And it rubs off on everyone.

I wonder if that's half the reason Holmes acted up (the other half being that he's a spoiled baby and a selfish, temperamental douchebag rolled into one). You cannot lead when you're not acting like a leader.

But to your point, he also can't act like a leader - not for very long anyway - if he just plain sucks. No matter how inspirational, that eventually fades. Eventually receivers are going to expect passes to be thrown where they're supposed to go instead of trying to bail the QB out of bad throws most of the time. And most of Sanchez's throws are just flat-out bad.

That Sperm should turn into some offspring.

Archived