Aaaaaaaand now Trent Dilfer eviscerates Sanchez on his lack of work ethic.

T0mShane

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No offense, but shouldn't the qb coach be on top of this? Call me crazy.....

COACHING DOESN'T MATTER AND PLAYERS SHOULD KNOW HOW TO DO EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME AND ALL PLAYS SHOULD ALWAYS WORK IN EVERY SITUATION IT'S ALL EXECUTION THAT'S WHY PLAYERS GET PAID MORE THAN COACHES. SCHOTTEMHEIMER DOESN'T CALL INTERCEPTIONS DERP.

Exactly. This is ex-New England Patriot QB Matt Cavanaugh's fault.

Whatever, Zip. If mechanics are the problem, shouldn't the QB coach identify the issues and design ways to correct them through practice? It does not mean it will work, but the effort should be there, no? Cavanaugh was a sh*tty QB - but you would think he'd learn a thing or two about QB play and mechanics sitting behind Montana for a few years.

Whatever, Zip. If mechanics are the problem, shouldn't the QB coach identify the issues and design ways to correct them through practice? Cavanaugh was a sh*tty QB - but you would think he's learn a thing or two about QB play sitting behind Montana for a few years.

You would, which is why I don't get this criticism from a guy who once led his team on a six-week stretch where they failed to score a single TD.

Whatever, Zip. If mechanics are the problem, shouldn't the QB coach identify the issues and design ways to correct them through practice? It does not mean it will work, but the effort should be there, no? Cavanaugh was a sh*tty QB - but you would think he'd learn a thing or two about QB play and mechanics sitting behind Montana for a few years.

+1

The notion that someone has to have been a great player at a position to be able to coach it is the oldest silly argument there is.

Henry Ellard had 20 zillion receiving yards. Anyone think he's an amazing WR coach?

COACHING DOESN'T MATTER AND PLAYERS SHOULD KNOW HOW TO DO EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME AND ALL PLAYS SHOULD ALWAYS WORK IN EVERY SITUATION IT'S ALL EXECUTION THAT'S WHY PLAYERS GET PAID MORE THAN COACHES. SCHOTTEMHEIMER DOESN'T CALL INTERCEPTIONS DERP.

I don't care if Peruvian copyright laws are different. I still get royalties for this post.

+1

The notion that someone has to have been a great player at a position to be able to coach it is the oldest silly argument there is.

Henry Ellard had 20 zillion receiving yards. Anyone think he's an amazing WR coach?

I don't believe anyone questioned Cavanaugh's qualities as a player vis a vis his performance as a coach so I don't see why that's even being discussed. The question is if Sanchez is working on the wrong things isn't that the QB coach's failure to address the real issues?

I don't believe anyone questioned Cavanaugh's qualities as a player vis a vis his performance as a coach so I don't see why that's even being discussed. The question is if Sanchez is working on the wrong things isn't that the QB coach's failure to address the real issues?

Who says he's working on the wrong things? When did this come to light?

Tom Shane did. He was trying to make sense of Dilfer's comments.

Dilfer didn't say he's working on the wrong things either.

The way I read into his comments, it sounds like Sanchez is putting in a certain number of hours, and probably not that intensely either, because that's what he did. Later, he realized you need to put in twice that number of hours and really learn from it instead of passively watching film. Not saying that's exactly what happens either with Sanchez, but I think that was more along the lines of what Dilfer was saying more than suggesting Sanchez is working oh so hard but he's working on the wrong things.

Dilfer's suggestion isn't that that the work Sanchez puts in is misguided. It's that the work he puts in is insufficient.

The way I read into his comments, it sounds like Sanchez is putting in a certain number of hours, and probably not that intensely either, because that's what he did. Later, he realized you need to put in twice that number of hours and really learn from it instead of passively watching film. Not saying that's exactly what happens either with Sanchez, but I think that was more along the lines of what Dilfer was saying more than suggesting Sanchez is working oh so hard but he's working on the wrong things.

Dilfer's suggestion isn't that that the work Sanchez puts in is misguided. It's that the work he puts in is insufficient.

I was giving Sanchez the benefit of the doubt that he was at least showing up to work.

That's the way I took it.. If he's watching film while day dreaming about the pool boy, it's probably not time well spent, but the "hours" are there

Yeah, there's 70 other guys working for my company who do what I do. There's zero other guys on the Jets who actively do what Sanchez does.

Disagree strongly. Snachez is not alone.There are more than few high paid slouches on the roster. Bart Scott comes to mind, Plax, Cro.

Disagree strongly. Snachez is not alone.There are more than few high paid slouches on the roster. Bart Scott comes to mind, Plax, Cro.

I gotta side with BG, I'm pretty sure you've got some reading comprehension problems.

Johnny said me leading my company in sales was just as impressive as Sanchez leading the team in passing yards. I said it wasn't the same since there are 70 guys doing the same job as me in my company (sales) while no one else on the Jets is actively throwing passes EVERY week. In other words: I am much more impressive than Sanchez.

http://espn.go.com/e...?showId=theherd

Give a listen to the Trent Dilfer part. The Mark-Sanchez-is-lazy train picks up mucho steam.

Didn't Sanchez set up camp with the WR's during the lockout? Holmes was the only no show I believe. Didn't Sanchez call the meetings last week that Holmes had such a issue with? I have seen plenty of players say Sanchez has been the last guy to leave and the first to arrive at the facility.

I gotta side with BG, I'm pretty sure you've got some reading comprehension problems.

Johnny said me leading my company in sales was just as impressive as Sanchez leading the team in passing yards. I said it wasn't the same since there are 70 guys doing the same job as me in my company (sales) while no one else on the Jets is actively throwing passes EVERY week. In other words: I am much more impressive than Sanchez.

OK fine. You are in fact a better anchor salesman than Snachez. MS is clearly uncoachable in all things relating to marine hardware.

Regarding my reading comprehension or your erroneous perception of this skill, you may want to re-read the posts in question and then evaluate your own ability interpretating the written word. Just sayin...☺

Didn't Sanchez set up camp with the WR's during the lockout? Holmes was the only no show I believe. Didn't Sanchez call the meetings last week that Holmes had such a issue with? I have seen plenty of players say Sanchez has been the last guy to leave and the first to arrive at the facility.

Lots of good it's done.

Lots of good it's done.

Not implying it has but you are too smart to not realize that Sanchez and the Jets are easy targets for anything negative any media person wants to say or write at the moment. Frustration is one thing...we all are disappointed but to buy into third party sources opinions as Gospel is crazy.

None of that really proves that Sanchez has a good work ethic. Putting in hours of work is meaningless if you're focusing on the wrong things, or are half-assing it most of the time.

Not implying it has but you are too smart to not realize that Sanchez and the Jets are easy targets for anything negative any media person wants to say or write at the moment. Frustration is one thing...we all are disappointed but to buy into third party sources opinions as Gospel is crazy.

Buying into Jets sources on how awesome Mark Sanchez is and how hard he works is equally crazy. The only 2 people I heard say those things about Sanchez are Rex (who talks up anybody) and Holmes (who was his roommate in camp and who wants Sanchez to throw him the ball).

What should be particularly disturbing, if one believes that Sanchez is working & studying that hard, is how awful he looks with all that study and work being put in. He's got serious issues throwing a football and serious issues identifying & breaking down defenses. Those are only the two most important parts of being a QB.

OK fine. You are in fact a better anchor salesman than Snachez. MS is clearly uncoachable in all things relating to marine hardware.

Regarding my reading comprehension or your erroneous perception of this skill, you may want to re-read the posts in question and then evaluate your own ability interpretating the written word. Just sayin...☺

"Interpretating" is not a word.

What the hell does that even mean?

Ask Mike Vick.

That's fine and good but how does Dilfer know that is the case?

I am sure as an ex-NFL player and apart of the most powerful sports' entity on the planet, he has connections on the Jets.

What should be particularly disturbing, if one believes that Sanchez is working & studying that hard, is how awful he looks with all that study and work being put in. He's got serious issues throwing a football and serious issues identifying & breaking down defenses. Those are only the two most important parts of being a QB.

Exactly. I WISH what Dilfer is saying is true, because in that case, just working harder would be the solution to many of Sanchez's problems. Sadly, that is clearly NOT the case. Even if he outworked Peyton Manning he wouldn't instantly become a capable NFL QB. He has a slow brain and is pretty limited talent-wise. That doesn't lend itself to becoming a Brees or Rodgers.

He did and the only WR's and TE's to show up that were actually on the team were Patrick Turner, Jeremy Kerley, and Dustin Keller, those are the 3 players Mark has had the best chemistry with, all be it a small sample size with Turner, Mark trusted Kerley, and Keller only between the 20's the last few weeks, maybe this says something to that.

Archived