Santonio Holmes and Mark Sanchez feuded in meeting led by quarterback last week

Jetfan13

Holmes is a twat and Sanchez sucks. Our team gets worse if one of them leaves. Wanna guess what one?

So you're saying we'd be worse off right now if Holmes wasn't on the roster? There seem to be some who would disagree, like the majority of the Jets locker room.

I don't think Sanchez is going to amount to sh*t anyway but look at what getting Shockey and Tiki away did for Eli, by your argument that should have made them a worse team.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you're saying we'd be worse off right now if Holmes wasn't on the roster? There seem to be some who would disagree, like the majority of the Jets locker room.

I don't think Sanchez is going to amount to sh*t anyway but look at what getting Shockey and Tiki away did for Eli, by your argument that should have made them a worse team.

That would only be the case if Sanchez was as good as Eli. Yet at the same time has any QB or team get any luckier in that Superbowl? Thats game was over if Branch holds onto Eli';s pick. Took a miracle catch. Sanchez's awesome stat of dropped int's went down this year. LOL

Dude he was throwing balls to the D lineman with consistency last game. I really don;t see him coming back and succeeding here next year. Luckily Im just some fat dumb dude on a message board and have no say in the matter. LOL

You could see his play going south when he was throwing to his TE and RB's more. I'm sure Greene had a career year as far as catches made. It looks like Sanchez just doesn't trust Holmes and Plax right now unless it's designed that way most of the time but we've seen many times where Sanchez dumps it off to a player 4 or more yards from the 1st down marker and makes them fight their way for the 1st down.

big ben's rookie year was better then any year sanchex has had , ever... actually all of his seasons were outside of the one where he got in the motorcycle accident

so was Andy Dalton's, btw

The point wasn't that Sanchez is better than Ben. It's that the early success they experienced was predicated on a strong running game and very good D. We only figured out a few years into Bens career that he was capable of winning the game himself because he wasn't showing that early on.

Give me a break with Andy Dalton.. he's 0-7 against teams with a .500 record or better and half the time lobbed it up to AJ Green who made spectacular plays. They'll get jacked up this weekend and we'll see if he can avoid the soph slump.

Honestly? I would like to see how bad Holmes sucks with a top tier QB throwing to him. Their is NO receiver on the planet that would make Sanchez better right now. NONE.

I'm pretty sure the last time that happened his team was so desperate to get rid of him they traded him away for a 5th round pick. You know it's possible for both Sanchez to suck and Holmes to be a lazy, sloppy, inconsistent player who is a giant douchebag that is clearly disliked by a number of his own teammates.

You could see his play going south when he was throwing to his TE and RB's more. I'm sure Greene had a career year as far as catches made. It looks like Sanchez just doesn't trust Holmes and Plax right now unless it's designed that way most of the time but we've seen many times where Sanchez dumps it off to a player 4 or more yards from the 1st down marker and makes them fight their way for the 1st down.

I think Mark doesn;t trust himself. I agree.

FOR THE LOVE OF FOOD. YES IT DOES. Receivers need someone to throw them the ball. They do, Ive seen it, you've seen it.

AND RECEIVERS NEED TO GET THEMSELVES OPEN IN ORDER FOR THE QB TO THROW THEM THE BALL.

If Holmes was running lazy routes all year, it could help explain all the checkdowns.

I'm pretty sure the last time that happened his team was so desperate to get rid of him they traded him away for a 5th round pick. You know it's possible for both Sanchez to suck and Holmes to be a lazy, sloppy, inconsistent player who is a giant douchebag that is clearly disliked by a number of his own teammates.

Santonio is a malcontent and wears out his welcome. He left the Steelers because he smoke pot got caught and they already had their QB dealing with a rape charge. Santronio is a dirtbag. Agreed. Mistake given him a contract agreed. He is 500x's better at what he does than what Sanchez does. Thats really my only point. Sanchez makes the ENTIRE team WORSE.

That would only be the case if Sanchez was as good as Eli. Yet at the same time has any QB or team get any luckier in that Superbowl? Thats game was over if Branch holds onto Eli';s pick. Took a miracle catch. Sanchez's awesome stat of dropped int's went down this year. LOL

The sad fact is Sanchez isn't going anywhere as of right now we don't have any other option at QB. Even if we drafted one who doesn't blow you can't have Holmes who's only a top tier WR in his own mind undercutting him every chance he gets. His bullsh*t clearly affected the whole locker room. He could have taken less money and sat 3rd on GB's depth chart if he wanted Aaron Rodgers throwing to him. He wanted the big contract, he knew who was calling and who's executing the plays. It's not like we dropped a bomb on him and started running the triple option like Denver

Yeah, how easily it's forgotten that the Steelers dumped Holmes for nothing and he had played with a top tier QB.

I remember a Pittsburgh beatwriter had said that the Steelers had a good locker room except for 2 aholes. One being Big Ben and the other Holmes.

AND RECEIVERS NEED TO GET THEMSELVES OPEN IN ORDER FOR THE QB TO THROW THEM THE BALL.

If Holmes was running lazy routes all year, it could help explain all the checkdowns.

My wife knows nothing about football and even she said that Kerley's pass was the best the Jets threw all game.

Maybe Im wrong and all you guys are right. I will try and look forward to Mark being better in his 4th year. LOL

Give me a break with Andy Dalton.. he's 0-7 against teams with a .500 record or better and half the time lobbed it up to AJ Green who made spectacular plays. They'll get jacked up this weekend and we'll see if he can avoid the soph slump.

I'm not a dalton fan, what I'm saying is that Statistically dalton had a better year then Sanchez has ever had, providing context on Sanchez not exactly being a good qb

The sad fact is Sanchez isn't going anywhere as of right now we don't have any other option at QB. Even if we drafted one who doesn't blow you can't have Holmes who's only a top tier WR in his own mind undercutting him every chance he gets. His bullsh*t clearly affected the whole locker room. He could have taken less money and sat 3rd on GB's depth chart if he wanted Aaron Rodgers throwing to him. He wanted the big contract, he knew who was calling and who's executing the plays. It's not like we dropped a bomb on him and started running the triple option like Denver

Nothing I can argue. Holmes wanted to get paid. All I know is last year he was as exciting as any receiver the Jets have had in a long time. I miss last year.. (sniff) (sniff) hold me? Might need a couple friends to help.

Santonio is a malcontent and wears out his welcome. He left the Steelers because he smoke pot got caught and they already had their QB dealing with a rape charge. Santronio is a dirtbag. Agreed. Mistake given him a contract agreed. He is 500x's better at what he does than what Sanchez does. Thats really my only point. Sanchez makes the ENTIRE team WORSE.

Fair enough, I just think the team could send his a$$ packing and replace him without too much of an issue, regardless of how awful Sanchez may be. He's pretty good, but there are plenty of other players out there just as good who's talent aren't offset by such horrendous habits. The team obviously needs to do something about the QB situation too, but that's something that unfortunately tends to take a little longer to address, barring them pulling off the acquisition of Manning or Brees (we can dream, can't we?). And if that is going to take some time to get sorted out, I don't see any reason to keep around a guy who it seems the entire locker room is turning against in the meantime.

Yeah, how easily it's forgotten that the Steelers dumped Holmes for nothing and he had played with a top tier QB.

I remember a Pittsburgh beatwriter had said that the Steelers had a good locker room except for 2 aholes. One being Big Ben and the other Holmes.

Jog my memory but it seems they had moderate success together.

Nothing I can argue. Holmes wanted to get paid. All I know is last year he was as exciting as any receiver the Jets have had in a long time. I miss last year.. (sniff) (sniff) hold me? Might need a couple friends to help.

LOL, I hear ya.....I want last year back too. Next year will be Sanchez last year with the Jets as Starting QB before they move on. I just don't want Holmes anywhere near another QB that the Jets bring in.

Fair enough, I just think the team could send his a$$ packing and replace him without too much of an issue, regardless of how awful Sanchez may be. He's pretty good, but there are plenty of other players out there just as good who's talent aren't offset by such horrendous habits. The team obviously needs to do something about the QB situation too, but that's something that unfortunately tends to take a little longer to address, barring them pulling off the acquisition of Manning or Brees (we can dream, can't we?). And if that is going to take some time to get sorted out, I don't see any reason to keep around a guy who it seems the entire locker room is turning against in the meantime.

Nobody is going to make Mark a good QB but Mark. We saw flashes his first to years but he has pouted himself into a terrible QB. Let's call Santonio a dick but let's not fool ourselves. If we can't get a good vet QB we will probably not have much luck over the next couple of feelings. With a vet QB and the Jets winning, Santonio becomes a nuisance and unless he messes up with drugs again he will just be a good receiver with a bad attitude.

LOL, I hear ya.....I want last year back too. Next year will be Sanchez last year with the Jets as Starting QB before they move on. I just don't want Holmes anywhere near another QB that the Jets bring in.

I will agree Santonio would not be good with a young or emotional wus of a QB but bring in a vet alla Breeze or Peyton and they will hate his guts on the way to the post season. A FATMAN CAN DREAM CAN"T HE?

Nobody is going to make Mark a good QB but Mark. We saw flashes his first to years but he has pouted himself into a terrible QB. Let's call Santonio a dick but let's not fool ourselves. If we can't get a good vet QB we will probably not have much luck over the next couple of feelings. With a vet QB and the Jets winning, Santonio becomes a nuisance and unless he messes up with drugs again he will just be a good receiver with a bad attitude.

At this point I think Holmes kind of falls into the same category as Schotty for me. Neither are the reason Sanchez sucks, but they have plenty of their own problems that aren't Sanchez's fault either. All three of them have independently given the Jets plenty of justification to dump their asses. If the Jets are going to start looking towards trying to find themselves a new QB, be it an immediate replacement or a future one, I'd really rather not have either of those guys anywhere near him.

Crusher, I love you man! This post is right on the money. I hope Sanchez pulls his head out of his a$$, but I'm not too confident he will. Last year, and his rookie year we saw what I thought were glimpses of something possibly special with the kid. He had a fire burning in him. This year, he turned into a pouty little whiner. I hope it all turns around, but I am a Jets fan. So, the feeling of inevitable doom is always present in the end. Santonio is a jerk, and a primadonna. How he is handled falls on the coaches, so far I'm not impressed.

At this point I think Holmes kind of falls into the same category as Schotty for me. Neither are the reason Sanchez sucks, but they have plenty of their own problems that aren't Sanchez's fault either. All three of them have independently given the Jets plenty of justification to dump their asses. If the Jets are going to start looking towards trying to find themselves a new QB, be it an immediate replacement or a future one, I'd really rather not have either of those guys anywhere near him.

For me. I hate watching Sanchez flounder. I think Shotty is a great scape goat and if he get fired and another OC comes in I will sh*t brick of gold if Sanchez becomes a good QB. Just don;t see it. Homes> He's a scumbag but I loved watching him last year. dude was money. I don;t have to talk to him or deal with him so Im fine if he stays. I think winning would help.

I'm not a dalton fan, what I'm saying is that Statistically dalton had a better year then Sanchez has ever had, providing context on Sanchez not exactly being a good qb

Stastically speaking Pennington is one of the most accurate QB's the NFL has ever seen.

Crusher, I love you man! This post is right on the money. I hope Sanchez pulls his head out of his a$$, but I'm not too confident he will. Last year, and his rookie year we saw what I thought were glimpses of something possibly special with the kid. He had a fire burning in him. This year, he turned into a pouty little whiner. I hope it all turns around, but I am a Jets fan. So, the feeling of inevitable doom is always present in the end. Santonio is a jerk, and a primadonna. How he is handled falls on the coaches, so far I'm not impressed.

I meant seasons but Im sure you use to reading Crusherglyphics by now. LOL Love you too brother.

Honestly? I would like to see how bad Holmes sucks with a top tier QB throwing to him. Their is NO receiver on the planet that would make Sanchez better right now. NONE.

Kinda saw that in the Philadelphia game, where Holmes almost single-handedly put the Jets in a deep hole. The ball was getting thrown his way, and he coughed it up, he let it go through his hands.

And then he acts like a punk in the end zone when the Jets were down big.

And that leads us to this week, And this is the way he acts?

THIS is the guy you choose to defend?

For me. I hate watching Sanchez flounder. I think Shotty is a great scape goat and if he get fired and another OC comes in I will sh*t brick of gold if Sanchez becomes a good QB. Just don;t see it. Homes> He's a scumbag but I loved watching him last year. dude was money. I don;t have to talk to him or deal with him so Im fine if he stays. I think winning would help.

I think Schotty has done more than enough to prove he sucks completely independent of Sanchez. If Sanchez's crappy play is what eventually costs him his job than so be it, but in the end it's deserved regardless if the reason it happened makes sense. It's no different than the argument that took place over whether or not Chad deserved to be cut when he did, when the truth is the guy had deserved to be replaced for years before that, so who really gives a crap what the exact circumstances are that lead to it? As big of a crock it is blaming Schotty for Sanchez sucking, it's just as big of one to blame Sanchez for Schotty sucking, especially considering he was doing it for 3 years before Sanchez even showed up.

Holmes has now worked his way into this conversation as well, and did so even before this weeks disaster. It's one thing to say Sanchez is in part responsible for Holmes' numbers not being better and him not having more opportunities, but it's not his fault that Holmes attitude is garbage, his practice habits are crap, his play is lazy and sloppy and his performances are inconsistent at best. I've never really bought into the Holmes hype and think he's a good, but far from great, player who has shown us all why one of the league's best run teams was willing to give him away for next to nothing. In the end, the team would likely be better off if they could find a way to replace all of these guys (and plenty of other folks on this team while they're at it).

Archived