Santonio Holmes and Mark Sanchez feuded in meeting led by quarterback last week

Jetfan13

Kinda saw that in the Philadelphia game, where Holmes almost single-handedly put the Jets in a deep hole. The ball was getting thrown his way, and he coughed it up, he let it go through his hands.

And then he acts like a punk in the end zone when the Jets were down big.

And that leads us to this week, And this is the way he acts?

THIS is the guy you choose to defend?

Yes Im defending him. Not his actions he's a selfish dirt bag prick. He is a clutch receiver and I like watching him play. I think Sanchez makes it GAWD AWFUL to be a receiver on this team this year. They where pretty good together last year. I

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Schotty has done more than enough to prove he sucks completely independent of Sanchez. If Sanchez's crappy play is what eventually costs him his job than so be it, but in the end it's deserved regardless if the reason it happened makes sense. It's no different than the argument that took place over whether or not Chad deserved to be cut when he did, when the truth is the guy had deserved to be replaced for years before that, so who really gives a crap what the exact circumstances are that lead to it? As big of a crock it is blaming Schotty for Sanchez sucking, it's just as big of one to blame Sanchez for Schotty sucking, especially considering he was doing it for 3 years before Sanchez even showed up.

Holmes has now worked his way into this conversation as well, and did so even before this weeks disaster. It's one thing to say Sanchez is in part responsible for Holmes' numbers not being better and him not having more opportunities, but it's not his fault that Holmes attitude is garbage, his practice habits are crap, his play is lazy and sloppy and his performances are inconsistent at best. I've never really bought into the Holmes hype and think he's a good, but far from great, player who has shown us all why one of the league's best run teams was willing to give him away for next to nothing. In the end, the team would likely be better off if they could find a way to replace all of these guys (and plenty of other folks on this team while they're at it).

Bleeding? It's me Crusher? You really gonna start posting these long well written diatribes for me? Just call me fat and make it easier on us all. LOL

Holmes can be replaced but damn I will miss those nasty endzone catches and his ability to run with a well thrown ball after the catch. Yeah with Sanchez we really have no need for him.

Yes Im defending him. Not his actions he's a selfish dirt bag prick. He is a clutch receiver and I like watching him play. I think Sanchez makes it GAWD AWFUL to be a receiver on this team this year. They where pretty good together last year. I

He says he wanted the ball thrown his way and he got that in the Eagles game and early. He was a large reason why the Jets were a huge hole in that game.

One would think, that after being a primary goat in a game, you would want to make up for that to your team. What does he choose to do? Skip meetings? Mope. Play the victim.

Take all of the physical skill out of this (and he has some, but not world class), and this is a guy you want to go to battle with? One that seeming plays hard when money is on the line (last year-playing for a contract). Goes hard when he gets recognized? Pouts when things don't go his way? Calls out teammates in the media?

Really with this?

He says he wanted the ball thrown his way and he got that in the Eagles game and early. He was a large reason why the Jets were a huge hole in that game.

One would think, that after being a primary goat in a game, you would want to make up for that to your team. What does he choose to do? Skip meetings? Mope. Play the victim.

Take all of the physical skill out of this (and he has some, but not world class), and this is a guy you want to go to battle with? One that seeming plays hard when money is on the line (last year-playing for a contract). Goes hard when he gets recognized? Pouts when things don't go his way? Calls out teammates in the media?

Really with this?

I swear WR's is the biggest diva position in the NFL. Holmes needs to eat some humble pie and go out there and act like a leader, not a little bitch.

Really with this?

Bad players get worse on bad teams. Agreed.

This isn't about a guy being bothered by Sanchez sucking. It's about a guy being paid QB money to pout, run lazy routes, blow off meetings and start trouble. If his fight at the Wednesday meeting was "hey sh*thead throw the ball deep" he might have a point, but "why am I here?" How about to try to win one game you lazy piece of sh*t? How about to try to find a workable passing game? How about because you love football? ******* dog.

This isn't about a guy being bothered by Sanchez sucking. It's about a guy being paid QB money to pout, run lazy routes, blow off meetings and start trouble. If his fight at the Wednesday meeting was "hey sh*thead throw the ball deep" he might have a point, but "why am I here?" How about to try to win one game you lazy piece of sh*t? How about to try to find a workable passing game? How about because you love football? ******* dog.

This. Sanchez or the offense sucking isn't an excuse for him to act like a dbag. He's getting $10mil/year to act like a professional, and play football.

Can you think of a regular person sitting in a meeting at their job saying "why am I here?" and then blowing off the same meeting the next day. They'd be ******* fired and blackballed. Its ridiculous

Wayne Chrebet and numerous other Jets who played on some very bad teams never did.

Wayne Chrebet was a class act and did everything he could to be his best. When I said bad player I meant poor character. Holmes last year was still a dick, but a dick catching passes and winning games. This year he became more of a dick because the team was bad.

Wayne Chrebet was a class act and did everything he could to be his best. When I said bad player I meant poor character. Holmes last year was still a dick, but a dick catching passes and winning games. This year he became more of a dick because the team was bad.

He didn't have a contract last year either.

Rex's failure to discipline will be his downfall. Publicly calling Holmes your best player on offense after he committed the taunting penalty against the Eagles was where he lost me. Complete fool of a Head Coach. This seaons failure was all on Rex.

Rex's failure to discipline will be his downfall. Publicly calling Holmes your best player on offense after he committed the taunting penalty against the Eagles was where he lost me. Complete fool of a Head Coach. This seaons failure was all on Rex.

And Tannenbaum. The personnel, especially on offense, stinks.

He didn't have a contract last year either.

Bingo. It's not like this Holmes stuff just suddenly happened at the end of a bad season, he basically figured he was free to do whatever he wanted once the ink was dried. He was publicly calling out teammates just a couple of weeks into the season. The guy is just a scumbag, and sooner or later, a guy like him will get the excuse he needs to act the way he wants. If he can be such a problem for those Steelers teams that they wanted him gone so badly, there's little the Jets could have done short of going undefeated that would have kept Holmes' inner douchebag from coming out to play.

This. Sanchez or the offense sucking isn't an excuse for him to act like a dbag. He's getting $10mil/year to act like a professional, and play football.

Can you think of a regular person sitting in a meeting at their job saying "why am I here?" and then blowing off the same meeting the next day. They'd be ******* fired and blackballed. Its ridiculous

RIght, but it's not a regular person sitting in a meeting at their job. This is a profession where it is perfectly okay to mercilessly beat a guy for being a douchebag and physically crush him if he doesn't do the right thing. There are ways to humble the hardest assed player and it's up to the team to do that. Call a couple of slants in practice and let Scott or Harris administer some atttitude adjustment.

Oh bullsh*t. The team was stacked last year and not much worse this year (Wayne Hunter I am looking at you). This is a solid team.The personnel problem is almost all Sanchez.

The offense stinks. Sanchez, Burress, Keller, Holmes, Hunter, Greene, LT, McKnight...at best average players- minus Holmes, but we know his deal already.

I think Sanchez clearly has a confidence problem. This problem stems from Schitty sucking more than a 2 dollar whore but also Santonio undermining him in meetings practices etc.

I agree with some posters saying that Holmes is a true talent but unfortunately our QB needs to be coddled and Holmes dont play that.

I remember seeing an article where LT said he always has to remind Mark of how good he is.

Mark knows that Holmes thinks he sucks. Mark cant get over that and it really does effect him.

I truly believe Mark is better without Holmes because of that simple and stupid fact.

The offense stinks. Sanchez, Burress, Keller, Holmes, Hunter, Greene, LT, McKnight...at best average players- minus Holmes, but we know his deal already.

Wayne Hunter is an absolute joke. Why is Mulligan even on this roster?

What we certainly learned this year is that if Mangold goes down, this O-line is horrible, and that there is no depth.

Can't believe that Tannenbaum had the gaul to say Ducasse yesterday

What we certainly learned this year is that if Mangold goes down, this O-line is horrible, and that there is no depth.

Jesus, Mulligan...after the 7th false start, doesnt one of the doofuses on the sideline say enough?

Yeah Ducasse is coming along. Where the hell is he coming from? Is he walking to the stadium from Africa? He might start in 2034.

Jesus, Mulligan...after the 7th false start, doesnt one of the doofuses on the sideline say enough?

What the hell happened to the genius that is Bill Callahan this year?

Even Westhoff seemed to underperform in capacity in getting players ready this year.

The sad news is the great news-that there is so much room for improvement, and even some JAGs make the team better. Who had a "career year" on the Jets this year? Revis? Pouha?

I think Sanchez clearly has a confidence problem. This problem stems from Schitty sucking more than a 2 dollar whore but also Santonio undermining him in meetings practices etc.

I agree with some posters saying that Holmes is a true talent but unfortunately our QB needs to be coddled and Holmes dont play that.

I remember seeing an article where LT said he always has to remind Mark of how good he is.

Mark knows that Holmes thinks he sucks. Mark cant get over that and it really does effect him.

I truly believe Mark is better without Holmes because of that simple and stupid fact.

That's a pretty rosy idea as to why Sanchez sucks.

How about because he's just lousy and everyone in the league and every sportscaster knows it?

If Sanchez played for anyone other than the Jets you'd be making jokes about his incompetence every time his name was mentioned.

That's a pretty rosy idea as to why Sanchez sucks.

How about because he's just lousy and everyone in the league and every sportscaster knows it?

If Sanchez played for anyone other than the Jets you'd be making jokes about his incompetence every time his name was mentioned.

Sperm,

Thats def not the only reason he sucks. I didnt mean it to come off as that. All Im saying is that Holmes doesnt help Mark and Mark doesnt help Holmes. Oil and water and were stuck with both. Throw in Schitty and its the BP disaster at Florham Park.

Sperm,

Thats def not the only reason he sucks. I didnt mean it to come off as that. All Im saying is that Holmes doesnt help Mark.

There is no helping Mark. I think Holmes realizes that. He's just got the biggest douchebag slimeball way of showing it.

If he needs instruction on how to throw a football, entering his 4th NFL season, he is f***ing hopeless.

There is no helping Mark. I think Holmes realizes that. He's just got the biggest douchebag slimeball way of showing it.

If he needs instruction on how to throw a football, entering his 4th NFL season, he is f***ing hopeless.

Mark needs his balls to drop an realize hes playing a mans game. He needs to learn how to command respect which is not an easy thing to do.

Then he should grab Holmes by the throat and tell him where to stick it. I really dont see how they play together successfully if this doesnt happen.

Mark needs his balls to drop an realize hes playing a mans game. He needs to learn how to command respect which is not an easy thing to do.

Then he should grab Holmes by the throat and tell him where to stick it. I really dont see how they play together successfully if this doesnt happen.

lol none of that is going to happen.

And you don't garner respect of your teammate by beating up said teammate, even if Sanchez was able to do so.

After Holmes' performance in the Eagles game Sanchez should have been square in his face. But he wasnt cause hes scared of him.

You cant let Holmes feel himself to the point where he feels invincible. Between Mark being scared and Rex being nice this is exaclty whats happened.

Sanchez needs to garner the respect of his team (not just Santonio) and I do think grabbing Holmes by the throat and telling him how to act would do that. Beating him up wouldnt have the same result and we all know Sanchez coulnt do that anyway.

So, an organization that is considered to be among the best in the league in personnel decisions takes a player who was a superbowl mvp and won them the game with one of the greatest catches ever in a superbowl and decides to give him up for a 5th rounder and a ham sandwich. This same organization by the way also lets go of Plax who then proceeds to go to the Giants and shoot himself in the leg midseason ruining that team's season.

And people want to try and spin this that Sanchez is at fault?

I can't believe people are actually siding with Holmes here... well, not surprised Jif is, but everyone else. Wow.

I am siding with Holmes. He's really good at his job. Sanchez shouldnt even have his job.

If I'm building a franchise today of what is currently on the Jets roster, Holmes is coming with me and not Mark. I wouldnt even let him hand out water bottles cuz he'll probably hand them to the wrong team. So yeah, I side with Holmes. Though I think his antics were childish and uncalled for, at least I know he can play the game and that he cares. If he didnt care, he wouldnt be upset. Mark seems like he could give a ****, chilling on the sidelines, laid back, nobody around, watching the jumbotron with his season on the line because he cant complete passes to anyone that isnt a defensive lineman for the Dolphags.

That ****er is the reason I had to watch Jason Gaylor get carried off the field on his last game and my team missed the post season to teams like the Texans, Bengals and Broncos. Those reasons alone, should have everyone here ready to rip that little pansy cali homo model wanna be QBs' ******* head off.

You go Tone, you go. Let that little faggot know he sucks.

Sanchez needs to garner the respect of his team (not just Santonio) and I do think grabbing Holmes by the throat and telling him how to act would do that. Beating him up wouldnt have the same result and we all know Sanchez coulnt do that anyway.

Seeing as the whole team seems to be taking Sanchez's I think its safe to assume he's got their respect.

I am siding with Holmes. He's really good at his job. Sanchez shouldnt even have his job.

If I'm building a franchise today of what is currently on the Jets roster, Holmes is coming with me and not Mark. I wouldnt even let him hand out water bottles cuz he'll probably hand them to the wrong team. So yeah, I side with Holmes. Though I think his antics were childish and uncalled for, at least I know he can play the game and that he cares. If he didnt care, he wouldnt be upset. Mark seems like he could give a ****, chilling on the sidelines, laid back, nobody around, watching the jumbotron with his season on the line because he cant complete passes to anyone that isnt a defensive lineman for the Dolphags.

That ****er is the reason I had to watch Jason Gaylor get carried off the field on his last game and my team missed the post season to teams like the Texans, Bengals and Broncos. Those reasons alone, should have everyone here ready to rip that little pansy cali homo model wanna be QBs' ******* head off.

I am so ******* happy you don't have any power to affect change on the Jets roster. If JiF had his way we'd have 30 diva receivers on this team. There isn't a whiny bitch receiver you don't love. It's pretty weird.

hahah... maybe one of the worst takes I've ever seen on a message board.

I think you might be kidding but I hope not.

Archived