Santonio Holmes and Mark Sanchez feuded in meeting led by quarterback last week

Jetfan13

I am so ******* happy you don't have any power to affect change on the Jets roster. If JiF had his way we'd have 30 diva receivers on this team. There isn't a whiny bitch receiver you don't love. It's pretty weird.

Yeah, well, of those 30 diva receivers I guarantee I could find one who plays the QB position better than Mark Sanchez.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahah... maybe one of the worst takes I've ever seen on a message board.

I think you might be kidding but I hope not.

Dead serious. You're a fan of sh*tty players. Sanchez, Pennington, the list goes on.

I'm a fan of talented Football players. Fundamental difference I guess.

I am siding with Holmes. He's really good at his job. Sanchez shouldnt even have his job.

If I'm building a franchise today of what is currently on the Jets roster, Holmes is coming with me and not Mark. I wouldnt even let him hand out water bottles cuz he'll probably hand them to the wrong team. So yeah, I side with Holmes. Though I think his antics were childish and uncalled for, at least I know he can play the game and that he cares. If he didnt care, he wouldnt be upset. Mark seems like he could give a ****, chilling on the sidelines, laid back, nobody around, watching the jumbotron with his season on the line because he cant complete passes to anyone that isnt a defensive lineman for the Dolphags.

That ****er is the reason I had to watch Jason Gaylor get carried off the field on his last game and my team missed the post season to teams like the Texans, Bengals and Broncos. Those reasons alone, should have everyone here ready to rip that little pansy cali homo model wanna be QBs' ******* head off.

You go Tone, you go. Let that little faggot know he sucks.

We hope this post is in jest.

Santomio cares? yeah, about himself. You think he cares about the team? Really?

I am siding with Holmes. He's really good at his job. Sanchez shouldnt even have his job.

If I'm building a franchise today of what is currently on the Jets roster, Holmes is coming with me and not Mark. I wouldnt even let him hand out water bottles cuz he'll probably hand them to the wrong team. So yeah, I side with Holmes. Though I think his antics were childish and uncalled for, at least I know he can play the game and that he cares. If he didnt care, he wouldnt be upset. Mark seems like he could give a ****, chilling on the sidelines, laid back, nobody around, watching the jumbotron with his season on the line because he cant complete passes to anyone that isnt a defensive lineman for the Dolphags.

That ****er is the reason I had to watch Jason Gaylor get carried off the field on his last game and my team missed the post season to teams like the Texans, Bengals and Broncos. Those reasons alone, should have everyone here ready to rip that little pansy cali homo model wanna be QBs' ******* head off.

I can't side with Holmes either. For that kind of money you play hard every down even if the work you put in ends up being thankless because the QB can't deliver it. His type of attitude is never a good thing. If the whole team is letting Sanchez know he sucks that's one thing. This is Holmes acting up as an individual. Further, he's lashing out at multiple individual teammates telling each one to go f*** himself. His attitude was not reserved for Sanchez and Sanchez alone. He's a total dirtbag. And he's ours for at least 2 more years.

You already lost me with your second sentence. He really isn't. He has flashes where he shows he CAN be good, but isn't nearly consistent enough to actually prove that he is. He simply doesn't put in the proper work or effort and has an absolutely horrendous attitude, which is absolutely part of the job. In some ways, he's the worse of the two because he clearly has the ability but just can't be bothered enough to put it to good use. It's the reason his entire career has been talked about how he's really better than he's actually performed, but he never actually manages to perform as good as he supposedly is for more than the rare game here or there. And this isn't just with his time there, ever since he's left Pittsburgh new receivers have been popping up left and right who are doing better than Holmes ever did there, while he spent all his time there as the #2 to Hines Ward.

Sanchez is horrible, you're not going to see me dispute that, but at least the guy tries. Holmes just can't be bothered outside of the occasional rare moments that he decides he wants to. He is the worst type of player you can have in that locker room and the Jets would be better off without either of them. If I was building a franchise today, I'd tell them both to go **** themselves.

I can't side with Holmes either. For that kind of money you play hard every down even if the work you put in ends up being thankless because the QB can't deliver it. His type of attitude is never a good thing. If the whole team is letting Sanchez know he sucks that's one thing. This is Holmes acting up as an individual. Further, he's lashing out at multiple individual teammates telling each one to go f*** himself. His attitude was not reserved for Sanchez and Sanchez alone. He's a total dirtbag. And he's ours for at least 2 more years.

Absolutely agree with all of this. Well said.

We hope this post is in jest.

Santomio cares? yeah, about himself. You think he cares about the team? Really?

Yes. I do think he cares about the team. He's doing us all a favor by acting out against the 2 people that are holding this team back...Mark Sanchez and Brian Schottenheimer. Everyone here should be thrilled with whats taking place. Maybe finally some eyes will be opened to the real problem with the New York Jets.

Seeing as the whole team seems to be taking Sanchez's I think its safe to assume he's got their respect.

I think the team sides with Sanchez cause Holmes is a POS. Its the lesser of 2 evils, theres littel to no respect for Mark in that locker room. How could there be, he's a child.

Yes. I do think he cares about the team. He's doing us all a favor by acting out against the 2 people that are holding this team back...Mark Sanchez and Brian Schottenheimer. Everyone here should be thrilled with whats taking place. Maybe finally some eyes will be opened to the real problem with the New York Jets.

Isn't happening. There is no good end to this. The Jets can't fire Schottenheimer, in part, because of Santonio's antics. What does that prove? That any high-paid player can say, "If I quit on the team and act up like a jerkoff I can get the coach fired."?

Holmes cares about Holmes. It is incidental that he also dislikes Schottenheimer and doesn't respect Sanchez. It isn't because he loves the Jets. If he loved the Jets he'd be a good soldier not a pain in the a$$ crybaby locker room cancer.

What about the money that Mark is getting for holding a team back? What about his sh*tty attitude? He's always head down, arms at the side, mopping around like a little whinny bitch. I've seen that for 3 season. I saw Holmes act out 1 game. Mark's the unquestioned leader by default because he's the QB and we've seen him go on 5 games stints where he's not even talking to his team, sitting by himself on the sideline, not looking at overhead shots of what the defense is doing, not talking to anyone but having the audacity to lash out at the defense when he finally did something worthy of his position after 3 years of the defense bailing him out. Yeah, that sounds like a leader.

I think the team sides with Sanchez cause Holmes is a POS. Its the lesser of 2 evils, theres littel to no respect for Mark in that locker room. How could there be, he's a child.

You never hear anything from anyone about Sanchez not being respected on this team. That is pure speculation by people who are basing that assumption on nothing.

Look at Tom Brady on the sidelines during a game sometimes. The dude looks miserable when he's got a 30-point lead. When he loses he pouts and whines and runs off the field without shaking anyone's hand.

I don't want a guy to be happy go lucky when he's playing like sh*t. I want him to at least pretend he's bothered by it.

What about the money that Mark is getting for holding a team back? What about his sh*tty attitude? He's always head down, arms at the side, mopping around like a little whinny bitch. I've seen that for 3 season. I saw Holmes act out 1 game. Mark's the unquestioned leader by default because he's the QB and we've seen him go on 5 games stints where he's not even talking to his team, sitting by himself on the sideline, not looking at overhead shots of what the defense is doing, not talking to anyone but having the audacity to lash out at the defense when he finally did something worthy of his position after 3 years of the defense bailing him out. Yeah, that sounds like a leader.

So you think all Sanchez ever does on the sidelines is what you see in the 2-3 second shots you see during games?

I have a nice bridge I'd like to sell you. It's in really good shape and its barely been used.

Screw Sanchez. He is a horrible passer and a horrible leader. That doesn't make Holmes right, or even more right.

What Holmes was doing was being purposefully disruptive for selfish personal reasons. There was nothing noble about his motivations.

You already lost me with your second sentence. He really isn't. He has flashes where he shows he CAN be good, but isn't nearly consistent enough to actually prove that he is. He simply doesn't put in the proper work or effort and has an absolutely horrendous attitude, which is absolutely part of the job. In some ways, he's the worse of the two because he clearly has the ability but just can't be bothered enough to put it to good use. It's the reason his entire career has been talked about how he's really better than he's actually performed, but he never actually manages to perform as good as he supposedly is for more than the rare game here or there. And this isn't just with his time there, ever since he's left Pittsburgh new receivers have been popping up left and right who are doing better than Holmes ever did there, while he spent all his time there as the #2 to Hines Ward.

Sanchez is horrible, you're not going to see me dispute that, but at least the guy tries. Holmes just can't be bothered outside of the occasional rare moments that he decides he wants to. He is the worst type of player you can have in that locker room and the Jets would be better off without either of them. If I was building a franchise today, I'd tell them both to go **** themselves.

Pitts offense has evolved since he's left from a running team to a passing team. Big Ben has improved as a Qb. Holmes was a baller when they finally let Big Ben play a little. And even when they were a run first team, Holmes place on that team was to be a game breaker for the offense, which is exactly what he was.

Holmes is respected around the league as one of the elite players at his position. See the top 100 list voted by the players.

Where was Sanchez?

Really, there is no point us debating this, because we are never going to see eye to eye on this and reach even close to a mutual understanding.

I can live with having selfish egos on the team. but, when selfish egos disrupt the overall team and its direction, that is where I have problems. You want a zoo like atmosphere, that is what you will get with this. But it will be a distraction to team goals.

Lets agreee to disagree here.

You never hear anything from anyone about Sanchez not being respected on this team. That is pure speculation by people who are basing that assumption on nothing.

Look at Tom Brady on the sidelines during a game sometimes. The dude looks miserable when he's got a 30-point lead. When he loses he pouts and whines and runs off the field without shaking anyone's hand.

I don't want a guy to be happy go lucky when he's playing like sh*t. I want him to at least pretend he's bothered by it.

Sanchez doesn't seem to be. And if you want him visibly bothered by bad play what you are describing is fire. You want him pissed off at his bad play, not mopey like a wuss like Sanchez acts. And you certainly don't want to seem him lounging back on a bench in the shade like he doesn't have a care in the world.

Have you been watching the same Jets team as the rest of us? This is the same guy who started sh*tting on his teammates in the media three weeks into the season.

Sanchez doesn't seem to be. And if you want him visibly bothered by bad play what you are describing is fire. You want him pissed off at his bad play, not mopey like a wuss like Sanchez acts. And you certainly don't want to seem him lounging back on a bench in the shade like he doesn't have a care in the world.

Yes, he needs to be rooting the defense alongside Rex like Santonio is.

I can't even believe Rex said this.

This one is even more joke-y than the last. "Acting out" is a fancy way of saying pussy, unless you are talking about a six year old. He is a well paid MAN and if he has a problem the way to deal with it is not to pout and mope until he gets called out by several players.

Dead serious. You're a fan of sh*tty players. Sanchez, Pennington, the list goes on.

I'm a fan of talented Football players. Fundamental difference I guess.

I'm a fan of the Jets.. team players with good attitudes are whats needed so you and the Anti Sanchez Sisterhood (A SS for short) are just going to have to wipe those tears and deal. He's here for at the very least 1 more season.

Viva La Sanchez!!

Yes, he needs to be rooting the defense alongside Rex like Santonio is.

I can't even believe Rex said this.

Santonio was during the AFC Championship game, it was captured by NFL films..however this is obviously pre 50 mill.

But then again, wasnt Santonio benched for the first series of that game because he showed up late?

I can not believe people condoning Holmes acts - I know you people are on sanchez case with good reason but take the blinders off- Holmes actions are a cancer to the team- calling out coaches, players and acting like an idiot when he did make a TD or catch

Santonio was during the AFC Championship game, it was captured by NFL films..however this is obviously pre 50 mill.

But then again, wasnt Santonio benched for the first series of that game because he showed up late?

Rex has real issues here, and some of his own making.

He realizes when Santonio is next to him cheering, but he doesn't realize that he is not in the huddle for several plays and on the field.

Rex is coming off as pretty dumb

I can not believe people condoning Holmes acts - I know you people are on sanchez case with good reason but take the blinders off- Holmes actions are a cancer to the team- calling out coaches, players and acting like an idiot when he did make a TD or catch

Treat players and coaches with how you want to be treated, with respect.

Rex has real issues here, and some of his own making.

He realizes when Santonio is next to him cheering, but he doesn't realize that he is not in the huddle for several plays and on the field.

Rex is coming off as pretty dumb

You would think Rex would tell Santonio to stop the first down thing that he does that even pisses off his own fans.

The team looks foolish and it sucks.

This. Sanchez or the offense sucking isn't an excuse for him to act like a dbag. He's getting $10mil/year to act like a professional, and play football.

Can you think of a regular person sitting in a meeting at their job saying "why am I here?" and then blowing off the same meeting the next day. They'd be ******* fired and blackballed. Its ridiculous

Actually, lol, I've done that numerous times at numerous companies

Archived