Santonio Holmes and Mark Sanchez feuded in meeting led by quarterback last week

Jetfan13

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You never hear anything from anyone about Sanchez not being respected on this team. That is pure speculation by people who are basing that assumption on nothing.

Look at Tom Brady on the sidelines during a game sometimes. The dude looks miserable when he's got a 30-point lead. When he loses he pouts and whines and runs off the field without shaking anyone's hand.

I don't want a guy to be happy go lucky when he's playing like sh*t. I want him to at least pretend he's bothered by it.

Brady's freaken John Wayne compared to that little bitch sanchez

I am siding with Holmes. He's really good at his job. Sanchez shouldnt even have his job.

If I'm building a franchise today of what is currently on the Jets roster, Holmes is coming with me and not Mark. I wouldnt even let him hand out water bottles cuz he'll probably hand them to the wrong team. So yeah, I side with Holmes. Though I think his antics were childish and uncalled for, at least I know he can play the game and that he cares. If he didnt care, he wouldnt be upset. Mark seems like he could give a ****, chilling on the sidelines, laid back, nobody around, watching the jumbotron with his season on the line because he cant complete passes to anyone that isnt a defensive lineman for the Dolphags.

That ****er is the reason I had to watch Jason Gaylor get carried off the field on his last game and my team missed the post season to teams like the Texans, Bengals and Broncos. Those reasons alone, should have everyone here ready to rip that little pansy cali homo model wanna be QBs' ******* head off.

You go Tone, you go. Let that little faggot know he sucks.

So true. Holmes picked the worst imaginable way to be 100% spot on with everything he feels about this team.

Holmes is no different in his opinion than at least half the posters on this site. He hates Schotty and he hates Sanchez. The only difference is, he shouldn't act on that.

So true. Holmes picked the worst imaginable way to be 100% spot on with everything he feels about this team.

Holmes is no different in his opinion than at least half the posters on this site. He hates Schotty and he hates Sanchez. The only difference is, he shouldn't act on that.

You shouldn't either! Put the gun down!

You also have serious gambling and alcohol problems so I don't think you're helping Holmes' cause.

lol... this might be true, but my experience is that if you are really good a what you do, companies are willing to tolerate such things

Screw Sanchez. He is a horrible passer and a horrible leader. That doesn't make Holmes right, or even more right.

What Holmes was doing was being purposefully disruptive for selfish personal reasons. There was nothing noble about his motivations.

If it helps the organization move on from Sanchez - then its plenty noble and we'll all be thanking Holmes in a couple of years.

And when you do not fit their culture, they are willing to let you go ;)

If sanchez is staying, holmes needs to go. I still think if Holmes went to one of the great passing teams in the league he'd put up huge numbers and be happy, for awhile atleast

I've been giving some thought over which QB I like more.

Honestly, I'm not sure.

I think you'll be surprised at how beneficial a couple fresh faces will be for Mark.

Schott and Cavanaugh have made him scared of his shadow.

bro I'm poached, recruited away for bigger money and better position...

I'm a diva programmer

lol... this might be true, but my experience is that if you are really good a what you do, companies are willing to tolerate such things

And too bad she gets half. At least until you figure out a way to get rid of her without leaving any evidence.

If sanchez is staying, holmes needs to go. I still think if Holmes went to one of the great passing teams in the league he'd put up huge numbers and be happy, for awhile atleast

I think it depends on the team. A lot of the league's best teams would never put up with his sh*t in the first place. Forget even his attitude, when it comes to his performance he's sloppy and inconsistent to say the least. Would he make it on a second-rate team with a good passing offense like Detroit? Probably and I'm sure he'd put up big numbers as Megatron's #2. I bet he'd fit in well with that group of douches too, but how many weeks would it take before he was crapping all over the defense when they lost a couple of shootouts?

I think this is a guy that for the most part will always be talked about how much better he is than the numbers he puts up, and no matter what the situation, will never realize that supposed potential because of his bad attitude and crappy work habits. Holmes is one of those guys who it seems there always needs to be an excuse for why he's not as good as he's supposed to be, and why that's not his fault, but a hell of a lot more often than not, it's really just that those guys aren't nearly as good as some people have convinced themselves. He certainly has the potential, and it's those occasional flashy plays that are what draw people in, but it takes more than that to make a good player.

Tanny was just telling us yesterday about what a great find Patrick Turner has been. See, most of the answers are already here.

I meant as far as his coaches.. all I've seen or heard with regards to how he's being instructed involves checking down, punting, taking the sack etc. They've emasculated him.

Why do you think both Pennington and Sanchez have said that a possession that ends in a punt is ok? It's because that's what their "teachers" have been drilling into their heads.

I think you'll be surprised at how beneficial a couple fresh faces will be for Mark.

Schott and Cavanaugh have made him scared of his shadow.

You won't sell me on this.

I fundamentally believe that the difference between Sanchez and Elite QB is significantly larger than the difference between Schotty and Elite OC/Cavanaugh and Elite QB Coach.

We don't like to acknowledge it, because replacing the coach is easier than the QB, but Schotty knows way more about football than all of us, and our indictments of his in-game playcalling are based mostly on hindsight analysis, ie: Kerley's pass was a great call because it worked. Had it not, it would have been a bad call.

And, if Schotty were THAT bad, he wouldn't be getting HC calls, nor would he be around that long. These guys aren't morons. Now, that doesn't make him good. That doesn't make him decent. But, my point with regard to him has always been that I don't see much to suggest his replacement will outperform him significantly. Remember when Brian Billick was considered an offensive genius? Then remember when he wasn't anymore? Same for Sean Peyton, who was stripped of his offensive playcalling duties by the Giants until he was an offensive genius in New Orleans.

I meant as far as his coaches.. all I've seen or heard with regards to how he's being instructed involves checking down, punting, taking the sack etc. They've emasculated him.

This I 100% agree with but I think it was that fat foot loving cuckold we call HC NYJ

Why do you think both Pennington and Sanchez have said that a possession that ends in a punt is ok? It's because that's what their "teachers" have instructed them.

Sanchez yes, the p word no, he was always yellow. Herm called him out for being too much of a pussy during practice. HERM!

Santonio was during the AFC Championship game, it was captured by NFL films..however this is obviously pre 50 mill.

But then again, wasnt Santonio benched for the first series of that game because he showed up late?

If you remember from Hard Knocks. Holmes was taking all the young WR's under his wing, he was in on every single offensive meeting that offseason, QB's, WR's, RB's, OL - all of them. He was also on the sideline pleading to Rex that the team is too quiet and needs to be more involved. Not enough comradery and cheering on the team. This is the same guy who invented the fly boy. I think Holmes cares about this team and he realizes his QB is holding everyone back from achieving their goal and it finally boiled over when on the last week of the season when it was all but over (talk about too little too late), that little ******* puke model for a QB asked everyone to stay late as if it would keep him from getting 20 passes batted at the LOS or possibly intercepted by the DL...twice.

If Mark Sanchez was my QB, the second he dropped his arms to his sides, put his head down and started his little whiny trot back to the sidelines after handing the defense another 6 points - I'd beat the every living sh*t out of him...twice. Holmes had milder approach. I give him credit for that.

I think it depends on the team. A lot of the league's best teams would never put up with his sh*t in the first place. Forget even his attitude, when it comes to his performance he's sloppy and inconsistent to say the least. Would he make it on a second-rate team with a good passing offense like Detroit? Probably and I'm sure he'd put up big numbers as Megatron's #2. I bet he'd fit in well with that group of douches too, but how many weeks would it take before he was crapping all over the defense when they lost a couple of shootouts?

I think this is a guy that for the most part will always be talked about how much better he is than the numbers he puts up, and no matter what the situation, will never realize that supposed potential because of his bad attitude and crappy work habits. Holmes is one of those guys who it seems there always needs to be an excuse for why he's not as good as he's supposed to be, and why that's not his fault, but a hell of a lot more often than not, it's really just that those guys aren't nearly as good as some people have convinced themselves. He certainly has the potential, and it's those occasional flashy plays that are what draw people in, but it takes more than that to make a good player.

Guys really talented, remember durign Hard Knocks Rex and Tanny were gushing about how he was the best player on the field and yucking it up about how smart they were for getting him for nothing?

If you remember from Hard Knocks. Holmes was taking all the young WR's under his wing, he was in on every single offensive meeting that offseason, QB's, WR's, RB's, OL - all of them. He was also on the sideline pleading to Rex that the team is too quiet and needs to be more involved. Not enough comradery and cheering on the team. This is the same guy who invented the fly boy. I think Holmes cares about this team and he realizes his QB is holding everyone back from achieving their goal and it finally boiled over when on the last week of the season when it was all but over (talk about too little too late), that little ******* puke model for a QB asked everyone to stay late as if it would keep him from getting 20 passes batted at the LOS or possibly intercepted by the DL...twice.

If Mark Sanchez was my QB, the second he dropped his arms to his sides, put his head down and started his little whiny trot back to the sidelines after handing the defense another 6 points - I'd beat the every living sh*t out of him...twice. Holmes had milder approach. I give him credit for that.

Too put things mildly, you are disillusioned.

If you think you can grab nuggets from "Hard Knocks" and actually equate that to how players practice, how they fit in the team, you are mistaken.

I am going to break your heart here a little-Ron Howard is not as nice as he seems when he played Richie Cunningham on Happy Days.

Guys really talented, remember durign Hard Knocks Rex and Tanny were gushing about how he was the best player on the field and yucking it up about how smart they were for getting him for nothing?

Oh, don't get me wrong, deep down the talent is certainly there, but for the majority of his career he seems to be a guy who's attitude and work ethic interferes with the utilization of that talent far too much. I just don't see much reason to think that's ever going to change. It's only made worse when you have a guy like Holmes who absolutely refuses to take any responsibility for his own failures, as he clearly sees no need to work any harder or make any improvements, because he doesn't see himself to be the problem... ever.

Archived