Message to Rex

Jet27

How about acting like a professional football coach. Mike Mcarthy, Sean Payton,&Belicheck just win Super Bowls without saying much. It's called class, which you lack severely. Try coaching&preparing your players instead of making backpage headlines for asinine quotes. Your team looked terribly ill-prepared on many occasions, which is a direct reflection on you. Stop the loud clown act&act like you've been there before.

How about acting like a professional football coach. Mike Mcarthy, Sean Payton,&Belicheck just win Super Bowls without saying much. It's called class, which you lack severely. Try coaching&preparing your players instead of making backpage headlines for asinine quotes. Your team looked terribly ill-prepared on many occasions, which is a direct reflection on you. Stop the loud clown act&act like you've been there before.

one question... how do you act like you've been there before when you've never been there? Who cares about all of this crap? Rex has been the best damn coach we've had since Parcells and before him as well. Let's actually wait until the guy has a losing season before we suck off a 100 other coaches who are nicer guys.

It was a hard year. We have to learn from it and make some changes. nuf said.

Rex should go ahead and Kiss his rings and even suck his balls. As much as I hate Belechick, the guy is a hell of a coach and Rex can learn a lot from him.

BB schooled Rex and we all saw that....talk is cheap and will always be cheap....walking the walk is and always will be respected, and thats what Namath did. If you guys remember what Namath said after we lost to the Raiders...the man hit it on the head, and Rex was basically blowing off what Namath said, and some of his players i.e. Slausson, basically said Namath has no clue....So I guess thats how "we treat" one of our greatest players of all time. Rex and Slausson couldnt hold Namath's Jock!

Ryan,and Tortorella.

Take em both over Joe's self serving comments

Ok...did you like the fact that Rex lost his team?, Do you like the fact that he made comments about other teams beating the Pats and we get our asses kicked by the Pats not once but twice? Do you like the fact that the man is absolutely clueless when it comes to the offense to a point where he doesnt know one of his appointed captains is taking a dump on the sidelines on the last game of the year?

Listen, I have said it a million times now...Rex does have the ability to become a very good head coach....but it takes more than words to win in the NFL. All I am saying is that he might need to "adjust" some things and some of those things maybe his own personal views which may need to be toned down just a bit.

See, wouldn't it have been great, to have our team beat the Pats this year? And then you can talk all you want. In the end 8-8 is not acceptable.

It's not called class. It's called professionalism, you had it right in the first sentence. The two are not the same... and I agree with the sentiments of the rest of you post.

However, in general, I do not find "class" as a relevant descriptor for most of what goes on around the NFL. Being quiet is not classy, it is just being quiet. The less you say, the more veiled your stupidity and ulterior motives are. This is Belli's deal. Rex's diarrhea of the mouth doesn't make him "less classy" but it does make him sound stupid, and difficult to take seriously.

Not necessarily. He thinks highly of some ex-Jets...if they go to the Patriots. It wasn't that long ago he claimed Victor Hobson was going to go All Pro when NE picked him up off our scrap heap ().

Ha. omg I forgot all about that. Oh Jon. Jonny, Jonny, Jon, Jon.

Before we blame Rex for talking, lets not forget all the guys who lose without saying much either. But to be real for a second you cant win without an elite qb these days and everyone knows it. If mark is the guy and he may well be the guy it will take 3-4 years of continued development to hit that level of play so we are going to have to temper expectations for awhile.

9-7, 10-6 and 8-8 is not Highly Successful. Choking in the title game twice is not highly successful.

It was 9-7, 11-5, 8-8.

Reaching the AFC title game twice is playing "winning football". I know a ton of closet Jets fans that 'came out' in the past two years. Gotta give Rex. Tanny their due. Of course the goal is the Lombardi trophy, but I'm sure Woody will agree the AFC championship game is better than 8-8 and no playoffs.

BB schooled Rex and we all saw that....talk is cheap and will always be cheap....walking the walk is and always will be respected, and thats what Namath did. If you guys remember what Namath said after we lost to the Raiders...the man hit it on the head, and Rex was basically blowing off what Namath said, and some of his players i.e. Slausson, basically said Namath has no clue....So I guess thats how "we treat" one of our greatest players of all time. Rex and Slausson couldnt hold Namath's Jock!

And Rex schooled Belicheck in the playoffs last year... so maybe they're even? Jets are 3-4 under Ryan against the Pats and since I count playoff wins as 3, they are 5-4.

Who cares about talk? It's to the media, so be it.

Namath, I know I'll get blasted for this, has to be the most overhyped player of ALL TIME.

and isn't Namath the one who started this guaranteeing nonsense?

It was 9-7, 11-5, 8-8.

Reaching the AFC title game twice is playing "winning football". I know a ton of closet Jets fans that 'came out' in the past two years. Gotta give Rex. Tanny their due. Of course the goal is the Lombardi trophy, but I'm sure Woody will agree the AFC championship game is better than 8-8 and no playoffs.

Yes, but talk is cheap....we need Rex to be a head coach and not a cheerleader or just some other guy sitting on a couch telling everyone how great he is while he is scratching is balls and drinking Colt 45 malt liquor.

And Rex schooled Belicheck in the playoffs last year... so maybe they're even? Jets are 3-4 under Ryan against the Pats and since I count playoff wins as 3, they are 5-4.

Who cares about talk? It's to the media, so be it.

Namath, I know I'll get blasted for this, has to be the most overhyped player of ALL TIME.

and isn't Namath the one who started this guaranteeing nonsense?

Dude? No arguing here, but simply go back and look at his games. They are available on CD. Also please note that the game has changed since then. Back then WR's would get manhandled like a 10 year old pulling his pud!

Ok...did you like the fact that Rex lost his team?, Do you like the fact that he made comments about other teams beating the Pats and we get our asses kicked by the Pats not once but twice? Do you like the fact that the man is absolutely clueless when it comes to the offense to a point where he doesnt know one of his appointed captains is taking a dump on the sidelines on the last game of the year?

Listen, I have said it a million times now...Rex does have the ability to become a very good head coach....but it takes more than words to win in the NFL. All I am saying is that he might need to "adjust" some things and some of those things maybe his own personal views which may need to be toned down just a bit.

See, wouldn't it have been great, to have our team beat the Pats this year? And then you can talk all you want. In the end 8-8 is not acceptable.

Nope didn’t like any of that.

Also didn’t like when a self centered Namath retired in 1970 because the NFL had an objection to his owning a saloon that was one of the most active gambling spots in midtown.

Didn’t like the fact that he spent many seasons sitting on the Jets sidelines in his white mink coat smiling at the camera’s.

Didn’t like the fact that he only had 3 winning seasons out of 12 with the Jets.

Like the fact right now Sanchez and Ryan have twice as many play off wins as Namath had in 12 years

Didn’t like the fact that Namath had a 50% completion rate

Didn’t like the fact that Namath had 173 TD’s and 220 picks

Didn’t like the fact that when he played Namath was a disruptive loud mouth.

What he did do, and why it’s sacrilege to speak badly of him, is of all the stupid things he said and did, he got one right. While drunk in a bar, he guaranteed, and won, 1 Super Bowl. The only super Bowl the Jets have ever won. In all honesty Snell, Boozer, and the Jets D had more to do with that then Namath.

Other then that he was a very talented drunken clown.

Don’t get me wrong, I loved Namath. It’s just that for him to promote himself, and his 15 minute once a week radio spot here, by acting self righteous, and telling other people how to behave, and conduct themselves after he publicly humiliated himself on Monday night football a few years ago is the height of hypocrisy.

I liked the old drunken, clown Namth a lot better then the self promoting, non relevant, self righteous Namath. If your going talk like Tony Dungy, live like Tony .

This should kick off a sh*t storm :animal0029:

Nope didn’t like any of that.

Also didn’t like when a self centered Namath retired in 1970 because the NFL had an objection to his owning a saloon that was one of the most active gambling spots in midtown.

Didn’t like the fact that he spent many seasons sitting on the Jets sidelines in his white mink coat smiling at the camera’s.

Didn’t like the fact that he only had 3 winning seasons out of 12 with the Jets.

Like the fact right now Sanchez and Ryan have twice as many play off wins as Namath had in 12 years

Didn’t like the fact that Namath had a 50% completion rate

Didn’t like the fact that Namath had 173 TD’s and 220 picks

Didn’t like the fact that when he played Namath was a disruptive loud mouth.

What he did do, and why it’s sacrilege to speak badly of him, is of all the stupid things he said and did, he got one right. While drunk in a bar, he guaranteed, and won, 1 Super Bowl. The only super Bowl the Jets have ever won. In all honesty Snell, Boozer, and the Jets D had more to do with that then Namath.

Other then that he was a very talented drunken clown.

Don’t get me wrong, I loved Namath. It’s just that for him to promote himself, and his 15 minute once a week radio spot here, by acting self righteous, and telling other people how to behave, and conduct themselves after he publicly humiliated himself on Monday night football a few years ago is the height of hypocrisy.

I liked the old drunken, clown Namth a lot better then the self promoting, non relevant, self righteous Namath. If your going talk like Tony Dungy, live like Tony .

This should kick off a sh*t storm :animal0029:

Hahahah...Dude I like the fact that Namath has the ONLY freakin SB Win....Oh I forgot Rex has what 17 or 18 now? I lost count...Hahahahahahahah

It was 9-7, 11-5, 8-8.

How many Division titles? As much as I hate to admit it, Rex has no business coaching on the same field as Belechick. Rex needs to take a close look at what they are doing in New England and pay close attention to their business model.

Hahahah...Dude I like the fact that Namath has the ONLY freakin SB Win....Oh I forgot Rex has what 17 or 18 now? I lost count...Hahahahahahahah

A lil info from Super Bowl III

Namath 17-28 206 yards. Pennington kind of #’s

Snell 30 carries for 121 yards

Unitas 11-24 110 yards and a pick

Morrall 6-17 71 yards

Namath didn’t win that Super Bowl. Snell, and the D did. I don’t see Matt out there lecturing Rex

Morrall 6-17 71 yards

Namath didn’t win that Super Bowl. Snell, and the D did. I don’t see Matt out there lecturing Rex

Dude give it a rest...

Morrall 6-17 71 yards

Namath did exactly what Rex did. Used his big mouth to gurantee a win. Namath 1-1. Rex 0-3. Maybe Rex should listen. Namath may not have carried the team in the game but he empowered them. Namath is the man. Rex could be the man but he has some work to do first.

Namath did exactly what Rex did. Used his big mouth to gurantee a win. Namath 1-1. Rex 0-3. Maybe Rex should listen. Namath may not have carried the team in the game but he empowered them. Namath is the man. Rex could be the man but he has some work to do first.

Yes!

Crush I agree with this

My strong objection is that he was a big mouth, How is he squaking about Rex being a big mouth?

Joe's become an icon with the fans of this team. For the first time in decades the Jets have become relevant again. He has a right to say anything, but in his position it would serve him, and the team better, to stick a sock, or a Johnnie Walker in it.

Loved Joe when he ;played. Loved him as the loyal drunken homer. Can't stand his new self rightous image.

Hell even JIF's right sometimes. No offense JIF

Crush I agree with this

My strong objection is that he was a big mouth, How is he squaking about Rex being a big mouth?

Joe's become an icon with the fans of this team. For the first time in decades the Jets have become relevant again. He has a right to say anything, but in his position it would serve him, and the team better, to stick a sock, or a Johnnie Walker in it.

Loved Joe when he ;played. Loved him as the loyal drunken homer. Can't stand his new self rightous image.

You loved Joe, but you are knocking him...which is it? The dude is on the wagon...cut him some slack, but he knows football inside and out, and knows BS when he hears it, hence his comments after the Jets lost to the Raiders......

How many Division titles? As much as I hate to admit it, Rex has no business coaching on the same field as Belechick. Rex needs to take a close look at what they are doing in New England and pay close attention to their business model.

True....with regards to division titles...heck Herm has more.....think about that one for a while.

Crush I agree with this

100% disagree.

Still waiting to see JiF right once. LOL

Joe is old old people are self righteous and cranky. Guy loves the Jets and I fo agree is going about it worn, but Rex needs to be open to change. He has done ok but it's time he starts making changes.

Archived