Sanchez coming up on 1050 ESPN w/ Michael Kay

Mogglez

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sanchez has turned into Eric Mangini when it comes to interviews-Tannenbaum has ALWAYS been like that and Rex has now taken to citing statistics every PC and interview to try and convince himself and I guess his under achieving players and coordinators that they are doing a bang up job...I have better sh*t to do than listen to that crap anymore

Sanchez has turned into Eric Mangini when it comes to interviews-Tannenbaum has ALWAYS been like that and Rex has now taken to citing statistics every PC and interview to try and convince himself and I guess his under achieving players and coordinators that they are doing a bang up job...I have better sh*t to do than listen to that crap anymore

Rex was still predicting Play offs for next year today on the Kay show.

After hearing rex and Mike today I have NO doubt Schotty is back unless he gets a HC.

According to them he is the best thing since t!ts

You can't blame Sanchez here, blame Kay for being an awful interviewer. These puffball piece of garbvage nterviews will keep Francesa employed for eternity.

I have to give Stephen A Smith this much--when he filled in for Kay last week, he hit Sanchez pretty hard with his questions. Granted, Sanchez ducked them, but at least Smith had the guts to ask them. Kay doesn't.

You can't blame Sanchez here, blame Kay for being an awful interviewer. These puffball piece of garbvage nterviews will keep Francesa employed for eternity.

I have to give Stephen A Smith this much--when he filled in for Kay last week, he hit Sanchez pretty hard with his questions. Granted, Sanchez ducked them, but at least Smith had the guts to ask them. Kay doesn't.

Saw some other thing with Smith. Or maybe I read it. He thinks Sanchez is garbage. So those "hard" questions was probably him venting to give him a hard time more than him seeking valuable answers to questions.

A good question would have been, "What are the things you think you do better than most acceptable NFL starters do?"

He was soft on both Sanchez, and Mike T, but he threw some good questions to rex about Holmes. Rex went PC.

They also had Dilfer on talking about Schotty and Sanchez. He likes both of them a lot. He mentioned that he and Steve Young both agree that Sanchez has a few mechanical flaws that can be fixed. Like wrapping the ball behind his ear before he throws it.

What ever. If this is true isn’t there an old QB guru out there the Jets can hire as a consultant, like Moore, to work with Sanchez in the off season?

He was soft on both Sanchez, and Mike T, but he threw some good questions to rex about Holmes. Rex went PC.

They also had Dilfer on talking about Schotty and Sanchez. He likes both of them a lot. He mentioned that he and Steve Young both agree that Sanchez has a few mechanical flaws that can be fixed. Like wrapping the ball behind his ear before he throws it.

What ever. If this is true isn’t there an old QB guru out there the Jets can hire as a consultant, like Moore, to work with Sanchez in the off season?

Not saying it's impossible, but I have to think it's improbable that Cavanaugh hasn't dissected his mechanics and made plenty of efforts to correct them. Mark Sanchez is his only job.

I think Young and Dilfer see Sanchez from a distance and regard him as eminently fixable, but he's got more than enough guys around him--Moore, Schottenheimer, Callahan--that if it was a simple matter of mechanics, you'd think they'd be able to fix it. I think the answer to fixing Sanchez is a lot more than just finding some svengali that can work on his throwing motion, you know?

For someone who for the first time in his life is happy for the season to be over...you sure are dialed in to everything happening in Jets land. ;-)

Saw some other thing with Smith. Or maybe I read it. He thinks Sanchez is garbage. So those "hard" questions was probably him venting to give him a hard time more than him seeking valuable answers to questions.

A good question would have been, "What are the things you think you do better than most acceptable NFL starters do?"

For an ESPN Radio interview, I thought he hit him with some toughies--did you regress? what do you say to the people that are booing you? do you have a good relationship with your wide receivers?, etc. It won't make the interview Hall of Fame, but I give Smith for at least trying to ruffle Sanchez's feathers, motivation be damned.

For an ESPN Radio interview, I thought he hit him with some toughies--did you regress? what do you say to the people that are booing you? do you have a good relationship with your wide receivers?, etc. It won't make the interview Hall of Fame, but I give Smith for at least trying to ruffle Sanchez's feathers, motivation be damned.

My question is better.

Honestly, thought this was the most interesting part of the whole segment. Love Dilfer as an analyst and enjoy listening to what he has to say.

I hope that Mark goes into this offseason and evaluates every facet of his game on film to the point were he's sick of looking at himself in the mirror. My biggest problem with hearing this is WTF is Cavanaugh doing with him? If 2 tv analysts can point this out from watching Mark warm up...why is it that our qb coach notice this when he's around the guy almost 24/7???

I think Young and Dilfer see Sanchez from a distance and regard him as eminently fixable, but he's got more than enough guys around him--Moore, Schottenheimer, Callahan--that if it was a simple matter of mechanics, you'd think they'd be able to fix it. I think the answer to fixing Sanchez is a lot more than just finding some svengali that can work on his throwing motion, you know?

Well, the thing with Dilfer is that he never had the god given talent that other nfl qbs had, so the guy had to work as hard as possible. He didn't have the natural talent to overcome any shortcomings in fundamentals, so working on his technical skills was very important. Maybe Sanchez needs that kind of mentor, someone who is going to obsess over all the little technical things he needs to do. Maybe the guys on the Jets staff aren't equipped to get that granular. Obviously Moore is great at what he does, but did he need to dissect a player like Payton Manning the way a guy like Dilfer would have needed to be dissected?

Archived