Greg Mccelroy trashes the Jets

Matt39

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ainge brings up a good point here. I don't think McElroy realizes how lucky he is that Percocet and meth addiction hasn't yet cost him a six-figure job in the NFL...yet.

I really want that Ainge kid back, I like his potential to get the best out of Holmes. Like a couple more substance abuse violations so we can go after some of the retarded money we gave him

I see a lot of wide open receivers stopping and waiting for the football.

Pennington did the same stuff when he landed in Miami with Dan Henning.

Saw that myself. What I was trying to see is if he hit those receivers in stride or if they had to stop running or alter their route to where the ball was thrown. There were a couple like that, like on the fake WC reverse. But I did see him hit most of those wide open guys in stride. Definitely saw a couple that were completed but would have been picked off at the pro level. His pocket awareness seems pretty good, with him still making throws after stepping up/out, instead of standing still in the pocket, and buying time.

But even with that, of note is that all but 1 of those throws were made to his primary target. The 3rd-last one appears to be the only where he bothered to go through his progressions and made a throw to his 2nd read. The rest he stared down his #1 target until said target got open. That's eerily familiar.

Then again this is a highlight video - a COLLEGE highlight video against mostly inferior talent - and I'll bet it wouldn't take much effort to compile the same type of video of Mark Sanchez with the Jets even though accuracy and pocket awareness are 2 of his biggest weaknesses.

ErikAinge3 Erik Ainge

@nyjets Someone tell McElroy to keep his mouth shut about the NYJ "Locker Room" speaking in the media about your teammates, entitled brat!

Give me a break with this code of secrecy bullsh-t.. they aren't in the CIA.. Mcelroy didn't name the sluts Holmes bangs on road trips.. just said what everyone already knows.

and why the hell is locker room in quotes?

Give me a break with this code of secrecy bullsh-t.. they aren't in the CIA.. Mcelroy didn't name the sluts Holmes bangs on road trips.. just said what everyone already knows.

It's the title of a short story about the shenanigans in Jake Locker's dorm room.

For me at least, the most disturbing part of this interview isn’t the fact that a rookie back up QB shot his mouth off to a small radio station in Alabama, or that Holmes is an A hole.

It’s the rare candid peek it gives us into the Jets locker room. McElroy’s statements about the selfish people that didn’t care about winning, and it not being a fun place to play, in my mind are really an indictment of Rex and the front office.

What Rex really brought here was an “us against the world mentality” “We don’t care what the rest of the world thinks, as long as we are playing together as a team, winning, and having fun”

The FO over paid, and brought in several players that really bought into that philosophy. And released some good players who didn’t. Rhodes comes to mind. It worked very well for two years. The Jets played, and spoke, like a very confident, over achieving team, that really liked one another, and pulled together for big games at the end of the season.

This year, starting pretty early, with the blow out between Moore, and Holmes, some big cracks were showing in the attitude that Rex installed. This year is was clear that the Jets weren’t pulling together in crunch time.

Rex’s main attribute is that he can relate to the troubled player, control his behavior, and get him to contribute to the overall team success. It worked. . Everyone loved Rex. Other teams players were saying they would love to play for Rex. It looked like a fun place to play.

This year, not so much.

The real troubling questions here are, has Rex lost this team? What is he going to do about it?

So far at least, I’m really concerned. His statements, to paraphrase, like “I really lost the pulse of what was going on in the locker room” or the reaction by both Rex and Mike.

To praise what a great player Holmes is, and to state that Scott would receive in house discipline, for showing his disgust for the situation is really concerning me. Doesn’t seem to send a very good message

Rex has the off season to straighten this mess out. If a good player like Rhodes, who the Jets could really use as a cover safety, was released for not buying in, he has to take some action with whoever the PLAYERS are that are selfish, and disruptive to the team.

If not this time next year we will be talking about who our next HC is going to be, and starting all over again.

Agree. Furthermore, the Jets mantra is "we want people to be themselves" and they let Rex puke stupidity into a microphone whenever he wants... rather hypocritical to clamp down on the players the way they do, see: Mason, Derrick

Agree. Furthermore, the Jets mantra is "we want people to be themselves" and they let Rex puke stupidity into a microphone whenever he wants... rather hypocritical to clamp down on the players the way they do, see: Mason, Derrick

They don't really though, they just do it on the guys they don't really give a crap about and think they can "make an example of" while not daring to upset any of their real players (i.e., the players who are the real problem). Mason was only given the boot because in addition to his douchebaggery, he was playing like garbage, getting outperformed by a rookie 5th rounder and had a team willing to trade for him.

They don't really though, they just do it on the guys they don't really give a crap about and think they can "make an example of" while not daring to upset any of their real players (i.e., the players who are the real problem). Mason was only given the boot because in addition to his douchebaggery, he was playing like garbage, getting outperformed by a rookie 5th rounder and had a team willing to trade for him.

Agree

I’m wondering if McElroy, or perhaps even Scott, will be victims of that mentality.

I also can’t help but wonder how the fact that all three of his veteran WR’s are A holes, have affected Sanchez’s performance, and development.

I think Rex has to take some action against Holmes. Honestly don’t know what that could be with the cap situation.

Holmes doesn’t strike me as a guy who is going to react well to a heart to heart sit down with the boss

Those who can't play talk. This totally smacks of the interview McElroy did with Cowherd last year where he was trashing Newton for stumbling when he was asked what his favorite play call was. Who's laughing now, nerd boy?

Still like him better than Sanchez.

Team doesnt care about winning, only their stats. Never seen a more selfish group of people in his life.

I am almost positive it's Santonio (and Mason and Plax didnt hurt I'm sure). Did anyone catch this on Hardknocks?: They were all standing in practice bullsh*tting and Santonio was clmmoring about how he didnt get the ball in Pittsburgh and here was different.......blah blah That tipped me off right away. He shouldnt be dropping TDs then.

Everyone hating on McElroy for speaking the truth is ridiculous and your in denial. Wake up. Youre really gonna hate him for saying stuff like this:

"Quite frankly, If you go down the roster this year, there's no reason we shouldn't have made a Super Bowl run," McElroy told 97.3 The Zone. "The talent, top to bottom, is pretty remarkable.

"The disappointing thing is, the fact is, it doesn't matter how much talent you have, if you don't come together as a group, and just figure things out and kind of withstand the difficulties of the season, you're never going to amount to anything. ...

"We had people that refused to buy in, and I don't know if those people are going to be here next year."

"I think that we're going to regroup and I know we'll be a better team because of the trials and tribulations this year," McElroy said.

ALL OF THIS IS TRUTH. Which is missing from the team. You people just want to live in a fantasy world where nothing bad happens and everything is sh*ts and giggles. WAKE UP. Many of you complain that there isnt enough people speaking out in the NFL but when someone does you rip them for being a "rat" or not keeping it in house. FACE IT, this year ended in such a disaster that this needed to happen. I praise McElroy for being real and saying what we all want to hear.

Everyone hating on McElroy for speaking the truth is ridiculous and your in denial. Wake up. Youre really gonna hate him for saying stuff like this:

"Quite frankly, If you go down the roster this year, there's no reason we shouldn't have made a Super Bowl run," McElroy told 97.3 The Zone. "The talent, top to bottom, is pretty remarkable.

"The disappointing thing is, the fact is, it doesn't matter how much talent you have, if you don't come together as a group, and just figure things out and kind of withstand the difficulties of the season, you're never going to amount to anything. ...

"We had people that refused to buy in, and I don't know if those people are going to be here next year."

"I think that we're going to regroup and I know we'll be a better team because of the trials and tribulations this year," McElroy said.

ALL OF THIS IS TRUTH. Which is missing from the team. You people just want to live in a fantasy world where nothing bad happens and everything is sh*ts and giggles. WAKE UP. Many of you complain that there isnt enough people speaking out in the NFL but when someone does you rip them for being a "rat" or not keeping it in house. FACE IT, this year ended in such a disaster that this needed to happen. I praise McElroy for being real and saying what we all want to hear.

McElroy for Prez.

McElroy had the balls to say what Mark Sanchez doesnt. When is Mark going to show some leadership and stop quivering like a bitch.

oh yea. this is coming from a rookie who hasnt played in the nfl yet. Shows some balls and that he says this and not sanchez. Mcelroy will end up being a great leader for the jets.

Ainge brings up a good point here. I don't think McElroy realizes how lucky he is that Percocet and meth addiction hasn't yet cost him a six-figure job in the NFL...yet.

Tom if that does happen to him, what advice would you give him to ease his pain?

Archived