Greg Mccelroy trashes the Jets

Matt39

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now THAT'S what a true leader sounds like-too bad he'll never get a chance to sniff the turf unless it's in meaningless pre-season games. Mark Sanchez could take some lessons from this kid

I'm not so sure about that SFJ.

No I'm not foolish enough to say he is going to be the next late round Brady, as JIF said he just doesn't have the tools, but I have seen this kid play a lot, and as much as I hate Bama, he has always impressed me.

Here are his career stats

Games % yards TD Picks Total 34–27 436–658 65.8 5,691 39 10

This isn't against stat building schools, this is against the likes of PSU, Ark, Fl, SC, Miss, Tenn, LSU, and Auburn. Some of the bets NCAA teams in the country.

If Sanchez countinues to flounder, I really believe McElroy can push him.

You won't see a situation like the last drive in Miami where Sanchez is clearly hurt. He couldn't throw the ball. They had to use shovel passes.

No QB on the bench was better then Sanchez when he couldn't throw the ball

Well, the offense and defense can be kind of segregated, and there aren't nearly as many character issue guys on the defense, heck even the guy you would think would be the biggest character issue (Cro) was verbal in calling out the BS with some of the offense. Maybe the perspective is different, or was different, on the defensive side. No mercs there and ya gotta think guys like leonard, scott, and revis would hold it down on their side of the ball, leaders that we sadly do not have on the offensive side.

Good point, I could see this. And I keep seeing the word "Merc" being used. Who's exactly are the "mercs"?

I agree he is a Pennington clone. Difference is Pennington was a 1st round pick, and the heir apparent. This guy is a 7th rounder, and as I said eariler is going to be a great BACK UP.

Find it a bit strange that you don't think chemistry, leadership, and intangibles matter, but think Tebow is a great QB. I actually like Tebow, and think he is going to be in the league for 10-12 years, but what else does he have?

I never said they didnt matter. They absolutely do. I've stated numerous times that I think a HUGE portion of the dissapointment was because of the shortened offseason, 48 hours of FA, and no Cortland which seemed to be a great bonding time for the team.

I just think in the face of adversity (and every team faces it) talent will prevail.

Team doesnt care about winning, only their stats. Never seen a more selfish group of people in his life.

He said "some players" not "the team" and I'm glad he was honest about it. The more honest the player are about it, the more accountable Rex will have to become for it.

Just like the way players quit on Mangini... the players on this team didn't quit on Rex, but they stopped listening to him because he's the "cool Dad, who wants to be pals with the kids, and not discipline them".

I would say it was Holmes and Plax...they were always running that jibber jabber on the sideline, looking like, man, i cant believe i am wasting my time here...Now plax is smart enough to keep it behind the scenes as to not totally derail his attempt at a decent contract next year but he is also the one with the most to lose. he was here on a 1 year "cheap" contract to show the NFL that he can still do it. does he blame sanchez, shottie or himself for not getting it done? that is the question...

RichCimini Rich Cimini

#Jets rookie QB Greg McElroy tells Ala. radio station this is "first time I’ve ever been around extremely selfish individuals." cont...

RichCimini Rich Cimini

McElroy, cont... there was "corrupt mindset" in locker room, players cared more about stats than Ws and Ls. "Not a fun place to be."

This is def abotu Sanchez and all his 1 yard td passes and runs. McElroy probably drafted Green in fantasy and got screwed by that little punta hogging all the red zone touches

I know most experts on here think they know more than the HC and GM

But do you guys, and you know who you are know more than a player on the team?

McElroy said Schottenheimer did his best to adapt, but the offense finished ranked 27th in the NFL.

"He's an absolutely tireless worker, he works incredibly hard, but I think next year I think he realizes also we just need to do more from an offensive perspective and kind of develop that mindset and develop what kind of offense we want to be," McElroy said of Schottenheimer, whom Rex Ryan said he expects back.

"You can't just change philosophies midway through the season. I think that hurt us."

Jif I know you have seen this kid play a lot. He is going to be a good player. I'm glad he didn't take the PC route, spoke the truth, and put hisname to it.

That's what a leader does, Sanchez should listen to this interview

He is another Pennington, great attitude, team player, very intelligent, a lot of heart, unselfish, but with a below average arm for college football never mind the NFL, if you thought watching Chad's passes on 10 yard outs that were picked for 6 were fun than he is your guy. He will make a great QB coach one day maybe even O-coordinator but that's about it.

Please be advised I pray I am 100% wrong and he is the next Aaron Rodgers, but I just don't see the physical attributes.

He is another Pennington, great attitude, team player, very intelligent, a lot of heart, unselfish, but with a below average arm for college football never mind the NFL, if you thought watching Chad's passes on 10 yard outs that were picked for 6 were fun than he is your guy. He will make a great QB coach one day maybe even O-coordinator but that's about it.

Please be advised I pray I am 100% wrong and he is the next Aaron Rodgers, but I just don't see the physical attributes.

I don't get it, is this supposed to be the list of additional qualities he has that are unlike Pennington or are we just thinking of different Penningtons?

I don't get it, is this supposed to be the list of additional qualities he has that are unlike Pennington or are we just thinking of different Penningtons?

I get the dislike for Chad as a football player, but to think Chad wasn't Very intelligent, and a great teammate is ridiculous

For sure the reason he was drafted in the 7th round is because he doesn't have a cannon for an arm, but he has a stronger arm then Pennington ever dreamed of.

Watch this

I know this is a high light tape, but one thing you can see is he can get the ball upfield, with a lot of accuracy. Pennington could never make those throws.

For sure the reason he was drafted in the 7th round is because he doesn't have a cannon for an arm, but he has a stronger arm then Pennington ever dreamed of.

Watch this

I know this is a high light tape, but one thing you can see is he can get the ball upfield, with a lot of accuracy. Pennington could never make those throws.

I see a lot of wide open receivers stopping and waiting for the football.

Pennington did the same stuff when he landed in Miami with Dan Henning.

I don't think the people trashing McMouth are looking at the big picture. The problem with this team is the phony cake and balloons atmosphere that they've been trying to portray to the media.

If we don't want to see another season like the one we saw it's going to take the truth getting out. At this point how can Tanny and Rex not overhaul the team? That's good news.

I get the dislike for Chad as a football player, but to think Chad wasn't Very intelligent, and a great teammate is ridiculous

I was actually just busting chops, and even I wouldn't criticize his intelligence, although some of those other items surely did become a point of debate back in the day. :-P

Am I the only one wondering if McElroy just made himself into the martyr for this offseason's "cleanup of the locker room" while the team keeps around all of the complete douchebags and proven failures that currently make up the roster (and coaching staff)?

no chance. would be a PR disaster. Woodrow and co have proven to be pretty mindful about fan perception of the team. keeping Santonio may be a necessary evil due to that stupid contract but I don't think they'll cut a clean cut team oriented guy just because he said what everyone already knows.

I don't think the people trashing McMouth are looking at the big picture. The problem with this team is the phony cake and balloons atmosphere that they've been trying to portray to the media.

If we don't want to see another season like the one we saw it's going to take the truth getting out. At this point how can Tanny and Rex not overhaul the team? That's good news.

Totally agree.

The offseason has been much more entertaining than the regular season already. This is AWESOME.

And we are not even a week into it!

The plus side is you know they are going to do everything possible to put a winning team on the field next year to erase this from people's memories.

Archived