Stuttering Mike T on Francessa right now...

Integrity28

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Francessa: Was there a lack of discipline?

Mike: Private conversations. Looking at things. Blah.

Pathetic.

One thing is clear. The chemistry problems, and talent derth, are all on Mike T.

The lack of discipline, on Rex.

blah, blah, blah... deny, deny, deny... get the problems fixed, hanging his hat on past victories... and Francessa is laying into him.

Its awesome.

Are you even listening to this thing? You obviously missed a couple of blahs and denys

Francessa: Does Rex need to change at all?

Mike: Rex relates well to players, has a great mind for football... sure he'll change in some areas.

Francessa: People have tuned Rex's bluster out... and players don't show up for it. Has he taken it to extreme?

Mike: Support how Rex handles media. Rex is all about believing in Jets program.

Francessa: Difference between chasing championship and guaranteeing them. When is it time to take a different tact?

Mike: We don't want Rex to change. Really proud he is our coach.

Francessa: Will you make changes to coaching staff?

Mike: Schotty is interviewing with Jags. If he doesn't get job, he'll be back.

Well, be that as it may, it is a very fair interview and he's asking the question we would want him to. Mike is a snake oil salesman.

Granted Mike has had some bad draft picks, he has also picked some great ones. Plus the way he works the cap is like a stripper on the pole. Never do we have years anymore where we cant sign players. Mike T + Woodys Wallet=win

I thought the way he used the Tom Moore hiring as a way to try and paint Tannenbaum into a corner regarding Schottenheimer and Sanchez wad brilliant.

The best things to come out of the interview:

1. Francesa getting Tanny to definitively say that if Schottenheimer doesn't get a head coaching job, he'll be back as offensive coordinator with the Jets.

and

2. Getting Tannenbaum to say that they have no plans to do anything to or with Sanchez.

Also, wrapping the interview by summing up Tanny's comments to conclude that nothing is gonna change and that they're bringing the sane group back to try again was great and really put Tannenbaum on his heels.

I thought the way he used the Tom Moore hiring as a way to try and paint Tannenbaum into a corner regarding Schottenheimer and Sanchez wad brilliant.

1. Francesa getting Tanny to definitively say that if Schottenheimer doesn't get a head coaching job, he'll be back as offensive coordinator with the Jets.

and

2. Getting Tannenbaum to say that they have no plans to do anything to or with Sanchez.

Also, wrapping the interview by summing up Tanny's comments to conclude that nothing is gonna change and that they're bringing the sane group back to try again was great and really put Tannenbaum on his heels.

all of this brings me one step closer to the message board goldmine of me starting a "I'm Leaving This Site" (Because I'm sick of the Jets) thread. We haven't had a good one of those in a while now. Of course I'll keep coming back and defending my position until the mods have to finally ban me for starting such a shtstorm and being a prima donna dckhead...if Schottenheimer doesn't get the Jaguars job I swear I'm doing it...

Brian Schottenheimer is wasting his time in the NFL, this is a serious post not a joke.

Everyone who ever spoke about him has nothing but good things to say about Nhim, and how great a coach he is (except for Holmes, and Mason, but who would you believe on a stand those thugs or everyone else) he might be the next Nick Saban, he needs to get a college head coaching job ASAP, he seems like he would be a great recruiter if people really believe what they say and they must cause he is staying it appears. He has everyone wambuzzelled and that's the best trait to be a succesful recruiter, like Saban he will never be successful in the NFL, but he might be great in college if he can get the right kids to run his system the way HE wants it run with the type of players HE wants. And also like Saban he must be one smooth talking BS artist, if people in the league love him.

all of this brings me one step closer to the message board goldmine of me starting a "I'm Leaving This Site" (Because I'm sick of the Jets) thread. We haven't had a good one of those in a while now. Of course I'll keep coming back and defending my position until the mods have to finally ban me for starting such a shtstorm and being a prima donna dckhead...if Schottenheimer doesn't get the Jaguars job I swear I'm doing it...

Let's be honest SoFla, as much as we would love to be able to really just give up on this team and move on, we also have to know better than to think we'll ever really commit to that. With that said, if this team really goes forward as is, and come July they're still employing Schitty and Holmes and Sanchez doesn't have some serious competition brought in, I will officially move into full on "fire Rex/Tanny" mode, which I have no question will happen by this time next year if all of those things really do happen. As much as it would be better to just be done with the team, that's not going to happen.

Why would you guys want Mike T to commit to *anything* right now? There's about a million things that will happen in this off-season, he has no reason to tie his hands by making definitive statements (if he can avoid them). And if he said Shotty wouldn't be back, then it probably lowers his perceived value as a HC ever-so-slightly. He can't afford to take chances.

So basically most of you that have posted in this thread are not rooting against Mike T, you're rooting against the organization.

Yeah! AND he has a speech impediment that I'm going to make fun of him about!

I know right? What a dork.

I just dont get it. Why doesnt he just tell us all that Rex Ryan is fat ******* moron that got an F in chemistry. That Holmes is nothing but a thug turd that the Falcon would rid the world off once he joins the police force after his stint with the Purple Raiders. That Sanchez is a cali homofag that wants to sun his toned body, ya know sun's out, gun's out, instead of working on his craft that he's making millions to suck at. That Wayne Hunter is a human turnstile and that if Woody didnt eat his family before going into broadcasting that he'd have brought him back and benched Hunters dumb a$$. That Slauson is big oaf who cant move and should have known better because he stutters just like him so obviously he's a worthless human. And dont even get him started on Eric Smith.

Francessa: Was there a lack of discipline?

Mike: Private conversations. Looking at things. Blah.

Pathetic.

One thing is clear. The chemistry problems, and talent derth, are all on Mike T.

The lack of discipline, on Rex.

I agree with you but I think those are actually two things lol.

I know many of you have an axe to grind right now because the teams a little behind the 8 ball but you know what I say in times like this? It's better to light a candle then curse the darkness, Now is a time to have both feet firmly planted on the ground

Trust the process, trust the Cliches, trust Mike T

Go Mike!!! Heres to another great offseason

BET HE DOESN'T STUTTER WHEN HE'S COUNTING BEANS!

do you remember steve gutman ? he was leon hess' corporate controller, and ran the team without a GM for years

those were fun years. then we got a guy, and he died

oh, and we let a guy get away who built the packer farvuh teams

these are glory days my friend, lol

The Jets are a good team. They took a step back this season. Not a shock. I think all this blow sh*t up talk is ******* ridiculous. The O needs some work. If it weren't for this Holmes bullsh*t, I'd be pretty happy going back with the same basic group plus an RT. They need improvement, but only the QB and RT were super bad. The D needs to add a safety or two.

The team was 8-8 and they lost some games they had no business losing. I think blowing it up and cursing the GM and coach is way overboard. Of course, that is the way these places work, but still... Does anybody think this team isn't more talented than 2005, 6, or 7? I think they are better than 2008 too, but the better QB balances that out. 2009 is probably a push and they are slightly worse than last year. Big ******* deal. The team has been getting better and had a sh*t year. Big deal. Luck worked the other way and they need to work on the penalties. I don't think that kind of discipline was a problem with Ryan's teams before this one, so I think they can turn that around. I think they will bounce back the rest of this place thinks they will go 2-14 if they don't fire Schottenheimer and get Peyton Manning. We'll see how it plays out, but IMO Holmes and Hunter are the only two that have signed their own death warrants.

I know many of you have an axe to grind right now because the teams a little behind the 8 ball but you know what I say in times like this? It's better to light a candle then curse the darkness, Now is a time to have both feet firmly planted on the ground

Trust the process, trust the Cliches, trust Mike T

Go Mike!!! Heres to another great offseason

Hard to Trust him when he has consistently failed to produce a winner. I have seen plenty of meltdowns, implosions etc, but not 1 division title or any rings. Tanny would be better suited as a GM for Special Olympics Football.

The Jets are a good team. They took a step back this season. Not a shock. I think all this blow sh*t up talk is ******* ridiculous. The O needs some work. If it weren't for this Holmes bullsh*t, I'd be pretty happy going back with the same basic group plus an RT. They need improvement, but only the QB and RT were super bad. The D needs to add a safety or two.

The team was 8-8 and they lost some games they had no business losing. I think blowing it up and cursing the GM and coach is way overboard. Of course, that is the way these places work, but still... Does anybody think this team isn't more talented than 2005, 6, or 7? I think they are better than 2008 too, but the better QB balances that out. 2009 is probably a push and they are slightly worse than last year. Big ******* deal. The team has been getting better and had a sh*t year. Big deal. Luck worked the other way and they need to work on the penalties. I don't think that kind of discipline was a problem with Ryan's teams before this one, so I think they can turn that around. I think they will bounce back the rest of this place thinks they will go 2-14 if they don't fire Schottenheimer and get Peyton Manning. We'll see how it plays out, but IMO Holmes and Hunter are the only two that have signed their own death warrants.

On the flip side, this is a team that couldn't beat anyone with a winning record, who didn't compete with the Patriots, and whose defense neither confuses nor scares anyone anymore. It's a team with significant amounts of money tied up in players who simply don't deserve it--your Mark Sanchezes and Calvin Paces, Holmes, Cromartie, etc--leaving it little flexibility to make the drastic and necessary changes it needs. Your GM, six years into the job, has tried to fill two of the four core positions on the team with Mark Sanchez, Kellen Clemens and Vernon Gholston.

While I appreciate your optimism, I think your faith is misguided if you think that Tannenbaum is somehow going to magically whip up the 10 or so new players that this team needs to compete at the highest levels. You missed your window while the Pats reloaded, Rex's defensive scheme isn't going to get to play against Tyler Palko and Blaine Gabbert every week, and bringing back Sanchez and Schottenheimer guarantees you another year of dead offense.

Bottom line is, without significant changes, this is a .500 team next year, hovering in limbo waiting for yet another regime change.

Hard to Trust him when he has consistently failed to produce a winner. I have seen plenty of meltdowns, implosions etc, but not 1 division title or any rings. Tanny would be better suited as a GM for Special Olympics Football.

I know you're thinking this team has one foot on a banana peel the other in the grave and Rex might be a few fries short of a happy meal but trust the process it got us to 2 back to back AFC championship games, so we should all be fully content with that for the next few years

Remember you can't spell Team with out Mike T

Simply they cannot bring Schitty back. if they do they don't get it. "Ground and Pound" is not going to get it done because it has a ceiling.It's like having a great bicycle or horse&buggy business around 1900 as car became popular; It's not going to compete, as the Niners and the Ravens are about to find out. In his first year with the supposed vaunted best running attack in the NFL, the Jets won all of 9 games and barely got into the playoffs. They have to figure out a way to pass effectively who ever the QB is.And the talent on both sides of the ball need upgrades. And Ryan must've known it; otherwise signing Burress and Holmes made no sense.

ANd ultimately if Ryan sticks to Ground & Pound and changes nothing 2012 will be his last year as an NFL head coach ever.

Simply they cannot bring Schitty back. if they do they don't get it. "Ground and Pound" is not going to get it done because it has a ceiling.It's like having a great bicycle or horse&buggy business around 1900 as car became popular; It's not going to compete, as the Niners and the Ravens are about to find out. In his first year with the supposed vaunted best running attack in the NFL, the Jets won all of 9 games and barely got into the playoffs. They have to figure out a way to pass effectively who ever the QB is.And the talent on both sides of the ball need upgrades. And Ryan must've known it; otherwise signing Burress and Holmes made no sense.

ANd ultimately if Ryan sticks to Ground & Pound and changes nothing 2012 will be his last year as an NFL head coach ever.

I agree and disagree, Schott is not a G&P OC, the complaint i hear all the time is that he passes too much. Rex will hire a conservative OC that will G&P to a 6-10 record and

the story will end for rex not in white house but in the Out House

Tanny must be canned quickly. He is a major part of problem.

Archived