Stuttering Mike T on Francessa right now...

Integrity28

To clarify my original point in light of the evidence against, I was comparing this year's defense to the 2009 defense which seemed significantly better and opportunistic, and expressing my concern for what that portends. If Aten produces more stats that disprove that, I will re-clarify/completely deny my point later on.

It's a ridiculous comparison that portends nothing. The 2009 defense was historically great and regression was inevitable. Tried explaining that at the time, got shouted down by retards insisting that with another year in the system and personnel changes x, y, and z, there was nowhere to go but up.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which was a whole one year ago by a team with mostly the same personnel. The Jets took a step back this year. It happens. Its not the end of the world and it can be fixed. The Packers missed the playoffs in 2009 and barely made the playoffs last year. They didn't have all the drama as we did and obviously have a better QB but they still needed to address some issues that caused them to miss the postseason that year.

I guess I would be more upset if I didn't see it coming but I just didn't see this team winning anything this year anyway. Might as well get the better draft pick.

I felt the exact same way. The roster had some fairly big holes this year, and I didn't see us going past the first round of the playoffs if we had gotten in.

Sanchez regressed, but part of that was the weakness of the O-Line and the failure of the running game. Fix the O-Line, get another RB, and the offense will be fine. One thing people need to realize is the offense will never be great with a head coach like Rex. His way of doing things will never warrant it. He wants a ball control offense, with a suffocating defense. And contrary to what people say, it's a tried and true approach.

The receivers are an issue. I think Tone and Plax both should go. But no matter what they do, beefing up the O-Line is the key to fixing this offense.

As for the defense, we're maybe two or three players from being an excellent defense again. At least one cover safety and one ILB. Maybe an outside LB as well. I absolutely love the potential of our D-Line. They're young, big, and athletic. Ellis and Wilkerson are going to be monsters in a year or two.

It's a ridiculous comparison that portends nothing. The 2009 defense was historically great and regression was inevitable. Tried explaining that at the time, got shouted down by retards insisting that with another year in the system and personnel changes x, y, and z, there was nowhere to go but up.

In their defense who would have guessed that changes X,Y,Z would include penciling Eric Smith in as our starting safety. None of us here are great football minds like Mike T but I didn't figure you had to be to see how that was going to end up

Too funny, the comparison of defensive scheme's are being overlayed to Geometric/Trig/Calculus formulas...Come on guys. Let's throw-in some hyper-dimensional physics using specific degree markings on th earth to calculate the optimal ball rotation vs. the earths rotation minus blackhole gravity at a distance of 27 AU's attraction to explain why Sanchez threw to many pick 6's.....but I do like the intelligence level.

I always treated this place like arguing with friends and family. Someone bringing up regime change after the past three seasons would be slapped in my family. The team needed a few tweaks after last season. They went the wrong way. Big ******* deal. They don't need 10 new players, they need 3 or 4.

I also crack up at people pointing to the Bronco and Dolphin games as proof the D isn't great. Sure Miami had one good drive. That drive included half their total offense for the game. I am pretty sure that on 2 of the FGS they didn't gain any yards after turnovers. Denver had 2 good drives and still needed a pick 6 to get more than 10 points. You find me a team getting less than 10 points and I will show you a team with a sh*tty offense. The defense has been more turnover oriented this year, but when they squandered the way they were in Miami that becomes irrelevant.

BTW - that Rutgers vs. Gators BBall game was sick last week. Obviously didnt get the results I was hoping for as we squandered away a 8 pt lead with 1:30 to go...but what a game. Those freshman you have were hitting everything. Big shot after big shot. Looks like a solid squad for you guys and that was a HUGE win but did it really deserve rushing the court? Gators we're only 10th in the country at that point.

As much as everyone has wanted the football program to be good, there's always been a huge sense of confusion as to why the basketball program isn't one of the better in the country. Everyone gets why the football program will never be elite but the basketball program being garbage really makes no sense. There was a sense that maybe the tide was turning about 6 years back when we made the NIT Finals and Douby being a first rounder, but that went to sh*t real quick. We've gotten conference wins over ranked opponents but with how many ranked teams you play in the Big East every year that's inevitable. Historically the Knights don't show up for games like that and we've recruited some much better players the past two years. I get the excitement.

I always treated this place like arguing with friends and family. Someone bringing up regime change after the past three seasons would be slapped in my family. The team needed a few tweaks after last season. They went the wrong way. Big ******* deal. They don't need 10 new players, they need 3 or 4.

The problem I have with the regime is that Tannenbaum and Ryan both seem to have been promoted beyond their competence. What additional value are we getting from having Tannenbaum as the general manager instead of the cap guy? Rex as head coach instead of defensive coordinator? ******* Bradway is still running personnel. Rex is maybe the biggest retard in-game to ever disgrace an NFL sideline, openly professes to have no idea what's going on with the offense (presumably specials too but I think we'd all just as soon he kept his fat a$$ out of Westhoff's way), and causes an uproar every time something comes out of, or goes into, his mouth. And this is before taking into account anything that constitutes an active ****up.

We need four new guys, but three of them are the GM, the coach, and the quarterback. We also need a receiver. We don't have serious weaknesses in any area save those where you absolutely can't afford to have a serious weakness. My god I hate this team.

I also crack up at people pointing to the Bronco and Dolphin games as proof the D isn't great. Sure Miami had one good drive. That drive included half their total offense for the game. I am pretty sure that on 2 of the FGS they didn't gain any yards after turnovers. Denver had 2 good drives and still needed a pick 6 to get more than 10 points. You find me a team getting less than 10 points and I will show you a team with a sh*tty offense. The defense has been more turnover oriented this year, but when they squandered the way they were in Miami that becomes irrelevant.

it wasnt just those 2 games

Romo lit em up for 340 yds

Against Skins they were outplayed for much of game, rexey G played well in 1H and helu had 100 yds

they were good vs a terrible jax team, an eddie falco led KC team and there 1 impressive win was Buff in Buff,

Gawd awful vs Iggles who could have put up 60 points

it wasnt just those 2 games

Romo lit em up for 340 yds

Against Skins they were outplayed for much of game, rexey G played well in 1H and helu had 100 yds

they were good vs a terrible jax team, an eddie falco led KC team and there 1 impressive win was Buff in Buff,

Gawd awful vs Iggles who could have put up 60 points

True as much as this team could have been 10-6 they could have been 6-10 easily.

As much as everyone has wanted the football program to be good, there's always been a huge sense of confusion as to why the basketball program isn't one of the better in the country.

If there were any justice in the world, Rutgers/SJ would be like OSU/UM every year.

abilify-meds-sm-309x425.jpg

The problem I have with the regime is that Tannenbaum and Ryan both seem to have been promoted beyond their competence. What additional value are we getting from having Tannenbaum as the general manager instead of the cap guy? Rex as head coach instead of defensive coordinator? ******* Bradway is still running personnel. Rex is maybe the biggest retard in-game to ever disgrace an NFL sideline, openly professes to have no idea what's going on with the offense (presumably specials too but I think we'd all just as soon he kept his fat a$$ out of Westhoff's way), and causes an uproar every time something comes out of, or goes into, his mouth. And this is before taking into account anything that constitutes an active ****up.

We need four new guys, but three of them are the GM, the coach, and the quarterback. We also need a receiver. We don't have serious weaknesses in any area save those where you absolutely can't afford to have a serious weakness. My god I hate this team.

If there were any justice in the world, Rutgers/SJ would be like OSU/UM every year.

Yeah it's ridiculous. I've seen how the Garden is willing to turn out for Rutgers. If both programs managed to get their acts together those games would be must-see live. Even at The RAC too. Either having this much trouble getting top talent is so unacceptable. I'd throw Seton Hall in with them too, but **** them.

POTY

As much as everyone has wanted the football program to be good, there's always been a huge sense of confusion as to why the basketball program isn't one of the better in the country. Everyone gets why the football program will never be elite but the basketball program being garbage really makes no sense. There was a sense that maybe the tide was turning about 6 years back when we made the NIT Finals and Douby being a first rounder, but that went to sh*t real quick. We've gotten conference wins over ranked opponents but with how many ranked teams you play in the Big East every year that's inevitable. Historically the Knights don't show up for games like that and we've recruited some much better players the past two years. I get the excitement.

Guess thats a good point. Rutgers not having a ton of ballers has always been interesting to me...especially since the Football program woke up a little bit. Anyway, seems like a couple of solid guards you guys got there and should at least be an entertaining team to watch.

Its no mystery I <3 Rex Ryan so I totally disagree with you from that perspective. Despite having the worst possilbe play from the most important position, he can still win. Pretty impressive actually. Dont think he's in over his head at all. He was bound to be a HC and a damn good one too.

I really dont have to big of an issue with Mikey T. I do think he mishandled some aspects this offseason, but I also believe some were unseen. But overall, I like the talent level he's comprised on this team. I mean, you just claimed we dont have any glaring weakness outside of QB...so how could he be doing so badly?

Its no mystery I <3 Rex Ryan so I totally disagree with you from that perspective. Despite having the worst possilbe play from the most important position, he can still win. Pretty impressive actually. Dont think he's in over his head at all. He was bound to be a HC and a damn good one too.

I really dont have to big of an issue with Mikey T. I do think he mishandled some aspects this offseason, but I also believe some were unseen. But overall, I like the talent level he's comprised on this team. I mean, you just claimed we dont have any glaring weakness outside of QB...so how could he be doing so badly?

*cough*SAFETY!*cough*

Turns out Rex's modus operandi in how he relates to "todays" players had a short shelf life.

On top of that, now that his vaunted defensive prowess is exposed for the smoke and mirrors that it is,it looks like he is on thin ice moving foward.

All his hot air and embarrassing internet fetish talk was tolerated by the owner as long as the Jets were winning.

Tannenbaum? Gholston and now Sanchez are tattooed on this guy forever.

If Jets continue to melt down next year will he fire Rex to save his own job or does Woody can em all?

Guess thats a good point. Rutgers not having a ton of ballers has always been interesting to me...especially since the Football program woke up a little bit. Anyway, seems like a couple of solid guards you guys got there and should at least be an entertaining team to watch.

Also a lot of resentment with Rosario jumping ship to you guys.

Also a lot of resentment with Rosario jumping ship to you guys.

Duh, totally forgot about that. I'll say this, dont know how it will equate yet to tournament play but the Gators offense is scary good right now. A bunch of lights out shooters and Patric Young is a monster with Murphy finally playing ball (think he was out that game vs Rutgers) - could be the best team we've hand since our back to back team.

do you remember steve gutman ? he was leon hess' corporate controller, and ran the team without a GM for years

those were fun years. then we got a guy, and he died

oh, and we let a guy get away who built the packer farvuh teams

these are glory days my friend, lol

The guy who died (Steinberg) drafted Blair Thomas, nuff said. Letting Wolf get away was a huge mistake.

Duh, totally forgot about that. I'll say this, dont know how it will equate yet to tournament play but the Gators offense is scary good right now. A bunch of lights out shooters and Patric Young is a monster with Murphy finally playing ball (think he was out that game vs Rutgers) - could be the best team we've hand since our back to back team.

Definitely keeping my eye on them. Finally knocking one of the top notches off on the sports bucket list and heading out to Vegas for the first 2 rounds of the NCAA this year with a few buds. We started splitting up the conferences to follow the other day for prep between us. Lifelong dream to be out there for that weekend, it's supposedly the best gambling weekend of the year.

Definitely keeping my eye on them. Finally knocking one of the top notches off on the sports bucket list and heading out to Vegas for the first 2 rounds of the NCAA this year with a few buds. We started splitting up the conferences to follow the other day for prep between us. Lifelong dream to be out there for that weekend, it's supposedly the best gambling weekend of the year.

Nice. That sounds l like a killer time. I've been lucky. The first 2 rounds of the tourny have been in Orlando or Jax the last couple of years and got to see some great games. Pay attention to how they do in conference play when things get a bit more physical. Beal is a bad a$$, going to be a star but he shys from contact. If any teams are picking up on that, which I'm sure they are and he doesnt rise to the occassion, the offense could take a step back. But Patric Young is a match up nightmare. He's just a monster. So quick, so strong almost like a mini Dwight Howard. He's going to have to develop a jump shot for the next level cuz he's only 6'9 but he's the type of guy who can is a difference maker in tourny play.

In their defense who would have guessed that changes X,Y,Z would include penciling Eric Smith in as our starting safety. None of us here are great football minds like Mike T but I didn't figure you had to be to see how that was going to end up

Stuttering Mike is such a secret genius his failure to scout and sign Victor Cruz means he does a great job finding those high quality late rounders and free agents that signing high-priced vets to fill the holes is simply an act of charity.

Stuttering Mike is such a secret genius his failure to scout and sign Victor Cruz means he does a great job finding those high quality late rounders and free agents that signing high-priced vets to fill the holes is simply an act of charity.

I'm not even defending Tanny at this point, but this recent trend of sh*tting all over the guy because he didn't get one specific guy that 31 other GMs all passed on 7 times (including the one who eventually signed him) is absolutely ridiculous. By that logic Tanny is a genius and every other GM a moron because he signed Mike DeVito as an UDFA and they didn't.

I'm not even defending Tanny at this point, but this recent trend of sh*tting all over the guy because he didn't get one specific guy that 31 other GMs all passed on 7 times (including the one who eventually signed him) is absolutely ridiculous. By that logic Tanny is a genius and every other GM a moron because he signed Mike DeVito as an UDFA and they didn't.

To be fair, Tannenbaum brought it upon himself by bizarrely pointing to Victor Cruz (by name) as proof of his own ability to build a team via unconventional means.

Archived